AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-11, 05:31   Link #4121
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkar77 View Post
I know it's being crude but I just have to ask everyone's opinion with this scene. What do you all think is going on there?

Is it just me or is there some seriously, purposeful miscommunication between the narrator (Kyousuke) and the reader? The reason is also a little bit later, right before the meeting w/ Kuroneko and Saori he says that thinks a lot of us misunderstood what went on with the below scene. Seems to me that he's being an unreliable narrator again and/or it could be another restriction by the publisher and this is his way around it. That quote is under the first.

BTW when I try to use the spoiler for some reason it doesn't show up. That's the reason I'm having to use quotes and make the page longer.
Can you explain what do you mean by 'purposeful miscommunication' ? If you meant the offline meeting with Saori and Kuroneko later then yes, I agree.

By the way, since I just finished translated Vol 12 Afterwords a few minutes ago, here is my impression about OreImo as a whole and vol 12 (or you might call it translator's rant). Please forgive if some part sound weird, I was kind of in a trance when I typed it.
Spoiler for Translator's impression/Translator's rant:
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 22:46   Link #4122
GVN.Chaos

Hey guys, I heard that there Tsukasa Fushimi posted an OreImo X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun crossover on his website. Can anyone please help me check if that's true?
Old 2013-07-14, 02:46   Link #4123
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Hey guys, I heard that there Tsukasa Fushimi posted an OreImo X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun crossover on his website. Can anyone please help me check if that's true?
I've read the Chinese version of it, it's true. You can find some of the teasers/comments from me about it here and here.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 13:54   Link #4124
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

I just want to thank the translator for doing this for us. I really enjoyed the stor, one of my favorite ever

I was actually rooting for Kirino since the beginning, but as they were siblings I would have been content if they had just settled their differences and been on good terms, I was actually thinking he was going to end with Manami of Kuroneko.

The one thing I did not want is for them halfway or at the end of the series to pull a "oh but we aren't related by blood!" scenario, as it would have been such a cop out an would have ruined all the tension in earlier scenes.

I applaud the author for ending it the way it did, it could have been a true open ended ending but I personally hate those, and this one while the future is uncertain, I feel that everyone confirmed their feelings.

again thanks to everyone that worked on this I really appreciate it, one of the most unique rom com endings out there and I thoroughly enjoyed it
Old 2013-07-17, 15:53   Link #4125
Wilshere

Anyone wondered why didn't Kirino and Kyousuke tell Kuroneko and Saori that they will be ''limited time lovers''?
Old 2013-07-17, 17:46   Link #4126
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Anyone wondered why didn't Kirino and Kyousuke tell Kuroneko and Saori that they will be ''limited time lovers''?
Imagine telling Kuroneko "oh, by the way, I dumped you because I want to love my little sister for a limited time"
(This can't end well....)
Beside, considered that even Manami didn't know, I suspect that during that limited time, Kyousuke considered they are true lover, thus there is no need to mention that time limit.
Old 2013-07-17, 18:01   Link #4127
SeekTheKhalique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
I would guess it's because they wanted to enjoy their relationship for as long as they could without dwelling on the fact that it wouldn't last forever. They probably wanted to have as 'normal' of a relationship as they could. In the novel (spoiler) when Manami was threatening to tell Kirino and Kyosuke's father of their relationship Kirino almost told Manami of their arrangement, that it was temporary, but Kyosuke interrupted and instead admitted his love for his sister/girlfriend. My guess, it was because he wanted to have as 'normal' of a relationship as possible.

Off topic but I'm new to this forum site so idk how to put those spoiler tags so if someone could help me out with that it'd be really appreciated!!
SeekTheKhalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 18:08   Link #4128
sky black swordman

^ That info should be here, just go to part 2. That should show you how to set spoiler tags.
For more information you can go to the Spoiler Policy Q&A thread.
Old 2013-07-17, 18:53   Link #4129
Wilshere

^^ It's confusing tho. Of course they are lovers, no doubt(they still are anyway). He loves Kirino so Kuroneko would be rejected anyway. About the Manami incident, we all know why Kirino wanted to say the agreement before Kyousuke stopped her, mixed feelings about this, can't come up with words.
Old 2013-07-17, 18:53   Link #4130
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Imagine telling Kuroneko "oh, by the way, I dumped you because I want to love my little sister for a limited time"
(This can't end well....)
Beside, considered that even Manami didn't know, I suspect that during that limited time, Kyousuke considered they are true lover, thus there is no need to mention that time limit.
Well, yeah. The point is that there was no ambiguity in his choice. He didn't want to give the impression that this was just some fling and that after it was over he was going to be "available" again. If that was his intention, there would have been no reason to dump the other girls in the first place.

In fact, I honestly wonder if they're ever even going to tell them anything changed even after the fact. I'm guessing there's no reason to tell them, because it would only re-open old wounds. If they want to keep on believing that Kyousuke and Kirino are in that kind of relationship, given that they've already accepted it anyway, it's probably better that way.

Basically, the "time limit" was just them bargaining with themselves. It's like people who indulge themselves and eat way too much food and sweets during the holidays (or any other vice; smoking, gambling, whatever...), but convince themselves that it's okay because they'll go back to their regular routine when it's all over. This way they could allow themselves to do whatever forbidden thing they wanted during that time, with the excuse that they needed to get it out of their system before the deadline. The only thing it did is it made them feel better about that "bad things" they were doing at the time; as Kyousuke said, it eliminated the anxiety they both felt. But it implies that they weren't going to get addicted, and that they'd actually be able to stop. And the epilogue essentially shows that they couldn't really stop, as expected; she's still having him indulge her, and he still loves her (and she still loves him too, of course). So their little bargaining game was completely pointless (as it usually is), hence they're back to "life counselling". In other words: the time limit was a convenient lie they both allowed themselves to believe so they could move forward without worry, which is a theme that should sound awfully familiar by now.
Old 2013-07-18, 04:11   Link #4131
Drakkar77

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But it implies that they weren't going to get addicted, and that they'd actually be able to stop. And the epilogue essentially shows that they couldn't really stop, as expected; she's still having him indulge her, and he still loves her (and she still loves him too, of course). So their little bargaining game was completely pointless (as it usually is), hence they're back to "life counselling". In other words: the time limit was a convenient lie they both allowed themselves to believe so they could move forward without worry, which is a theme that should sound awfully familiar by now.
This is the biggest issue any kind of relationship with a family member. With someone who was a stranger when they met and not related by blood or adopted, ties can be broken if both of people decide that the relationship cannot work. While it is possible break off communications with someone in your family, this would be extremely difficult to do and would be very awkward for other family members. I would venture to say, it's not really likely to happen.

Thus ending a romantic relationship as the one that Kirino and Kyousuke have would be one of the hardest things in the world to do, imo anyway.
Drakkar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 13:22   Link #4132
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I need a catchphrase that clearly suggest that it is from or aboutKirino, any suggestions, anyone?

Ask here because I won't mind if it was spoiling last volume
Old 2013-07-20, 01:12   Link #4133
ices
Working Hard

^ Huh!! Are you stupid! Die you siscon!
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 01:18   Link #4134
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
The problem is that this doesn't work without adding the *glance back with one eye to check his reaction while blushing profusely out of embarrassment* pose right after. Tsunderes...
Old 2013-07-20, 02:07   Link #4135
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
The problem is that this doesn't work without adding the *glance back with one eye to check his reaction while blushing profusely out of embarrassment* pose right after. Tsunderes...
True story, but any catchphrase about Kirino (to Kyousuke) has to include "gross" or "disgusting".
Old 2013-07-20, 04:19   Link #4136
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
True story, but any catchphrase about Kirino (to Kyousuke) has to include "gross" or "disgusting".
Yeah probably would be much better if can post that picture along with that catchphrase....

I think i will use it for now. Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai is a bit too long, while My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute will make me appear like a siscon to those who don't know (rather than bring up their curiosity)

But tell me if anyone think of a better one. As long as it can suggest that it is about or from Kirino
Old 2013-07-20, 04:25   Link #4137
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think i will use it for now. Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai is a bit too long, while My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute will make me appear like a siscon to those who don't know (rather than bring up their curiosity)
Then just Oreimo like it's also called in short?
Old 2013-07-21, 08:55   Link #4138
Wilshere

http://www.oreimo-anime.com/story/
Synopsis of Episodes 14-16

クリスマス直前のある日、京介は思い立ったように家から出た。雪の舞う夕暮れの街を歩く京介は、ある人物に 自分の気持ちを伝えることを決心し、走り出した。たどりついた場所で京介を待ちかまえていたの は…。
桐乃の人生相談から始まった京介の物語はクライマックスに向け大きく動き出す。
果たして京介の選んだ結末とは――

Anyone can translate this?
Old 2013-07-21, 10:55   Link #4139
Kakurin
大佐

Can't translate it directly from Japanese. What I can tell is it says something about the day before Christmas, Kyousuke walking on the street while its snowing, something about the story that began with Kirino's life counseling is heading for the climax. You could always use Google Translate . But for those who had other hopes / doubts this preview confirms that there is only one ending in the anime.
Old 2013-07-21, 11:13   Link #4140
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Can't translate it directly from Japanese. What I can tell is it says something about the day before Christmas, Kyousuke walking on the street while its snowing, something about the story that began with Kirino's life counseling is heading for the climax. You could always use Google Translate . But for those who had other hopes / doubts this preview confirms that there is only one ending in the anime.
Kuroneko rejection first then. Anyway its happening!!!

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings