Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-09, 12:51   Link #961
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by x81ublu8x View Post
Maybe she her wish is passing the 'immortal buck' onto Lelouch which is why she gave the Geass, or his Geass grows so strong he Geass's her into making him immortal.
that would be awesome
Old 2008-07-09, 23:35   Link #962
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooyahooya View Post
could the gods be the ones who gave C.C. the geass?
EDIT: That's not logic, if the gods gave C.C. the geass then they must be the ones who gave V.V. the geass then why does V.V. want to kill them? to stop the geass from spreading???
I don't think what you're saying is illogical at all. In fact, it makes sense. I think it's fair to say that the Geass is something that the humans of the CG world can't reproduce. I also feel Orange's Geass Cancellor(sp?) is proof that we may be dealing with Clarke's Third Law.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

If we apply that law to the Geass, to the average human the Geass, which I think is a technological marvel, would appear to be almost like a boon from the gods. It seems pretty clear that C.C., at this point, almost looks upon her Geass as a type of curse. For instance, she refers to herself as a "witch" which has negative connotations. Perhaps V.V. shares the same views about the Geass as C.C. does and has chosen to wage a war against these "gods" that have decided to give the Geass to certain people with the hopes of inciting wars within mankind.

I definitely think it's logical to think that these "gods" could be the ones who created the Geass and our minds, and the minds of the people within the CG world, can't comprehend these technologically advanced beings (or culture or whatever) so we, or at least V.V. and Charles, have labeled them gods.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 13:38   Link #963
Avira
fanart-fan :D

So, are you saying Geass isn't really magical at all and the people who made Geass were considered gods because it was so advanced?

Just wanted to know if I understood you correctly^^'
It sounds plausible, so...
Old 2008-07-10, 22:08   Link #964
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The Arthur Clarke theory: If technology gets sufficiently advanced, it is indistinguishable from magic.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:44   Link #965
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
So, are you saying Geass isn't really magical at all and the people who made Geass were considered gods because it was so advanced?

Just wanted to know if I understood you correctly^^'
It sounds plausible, so...
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying! I'm just glad I made more sense to people other than myself.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:57   Link #966
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I remember coming up with this same idea a long, long time ago and being told it was idiotic. Maybe we're dealing with something like what happened in Stargate where that Alien race was revered as Gods because of their technology and such.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 00:40   Link #967
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I remember coming up with this same idea a long, long time ago and being told it was idiotic. Maybe we're dealing with something like what happened in Stargate where that Alien race was revered as Gods because of their technology and such.
It's all in how you present the idea. I don't recall you posting your ideas, it may've been before I came back to AnimeSuki and started posting again, but I know you well enough to know that you just may not have been taken seriously due to the manner in which you posted. However, you're not an idiot, so I don't see why your ideas would be idiotic.

And I'm not a big Stargate fan, but I do recall a friend of mine telling me that Thor was an alien from Stargate and all I could say was, "Why?!". But eegods, man, don't wish aliens upon the CG world! I'll be much happier with an Atlantis-like myth. Where we have a super advanced culture and the like.

(And yeah, I totally mentioned the Atlantis myth 'cause you brought up Stargate! )

Atlantis = Avalon?! Ohhh, creepy...
Old 2008-07-11, 12:12   Link #968
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It was a long time ago, before I got really depressed and everything even. I was much more coherent back then. I was saying Geass could possibly be related to science as much as it seems linked to the mystical side of things. I sort of thought it possible given how they were able to duplicate some of C.C.'s abilties through the use of technology. Several people told me the idea was idiotic and that I shouldn't bother with it.

I don't watch it much either, but I was just using it as an example since it was one thing I thought of.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-11, 13:13   Link #969
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Besides, are "sound episodes" even considered canon with the anime?
Season 1's Sound Episodes are canon. The tracks regarding Lelouch's childhood were written by the Ōkouchi, who originated this story and is the main writer of Code Geass.

(upper left) Memories. The ageless and undying witch also had a childhood. She was once human. Why did she obtain the power of Geass and become ageless and undying? What is her real wish? Will this secret be revealed?

(lower right) Past. She was once a chained child slave. What lies in her past?

(lower left) Girl. After her slave days are over, she lives as an ordinary girl. Of course she has a real name back then.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 13:30   Link #970
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Would this likely come up in the next few episodes? I assume it's 15 though.

Old 2008-07-11, 13:43   Link #971
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Why did she obtain the power of Geass and become ageless and undying? What is her real wish? Will this secret be revealed?
It better be else I'm going to wonder what the deal was behind C.C. for the rest of my life. And I'm gonna be frustrated as hell.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 13:50   Link #972
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Meh, I'm sure they'll give all the answers in go. Probably in episode 15. Not sure what she's supposed to do after that though. It might have been better if they had just wrapped all of her past up in season one.

Old 2008-07-11, 13:51   Link #973
seiji_kun

Man they could have at least told us her real name in season 1. That sly bastard of a Lelouch knows it but we can't :<.
Old 2008-07-11, 13:55   Link #974
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't really see why they didn't let us know. It's not like it changes much at all if we know her name sooner. I also don't get why they didn't reveal at least her origins back in season 1. The stuff with Marianne could have been put off till later and all revealed by Marianne. It's not like C.C. needed to be around for that reveal. Meh, I don't get the point of keeping around a character who only had enough development for one season.

Old 2008-07-11, 14:02   Link #975
seiji_kun

Well it's true that they're treating her as excessive baggage in season 2 but I'm still hoping that they'll do something interesting with C.C.. Else it would've been indeed pointless to have kept her around. I'm sure she'll have more screentime now that it's obvious that the Ashford days are over. Or if she really was just kept for fanservice it would be plain sad.
Old 2008-07-11, 14:11   Link #976
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I don't really see why they didn't let us know. It's not like it changes much at all if we know her name sooner. I also don't get why they didn't reveal at least her origins back in season 1. The stuff with Marianne could have been put off till later and all revealed by Marianne. It's not like C.C. needed to be around for that reveal. Meh, I don't get the point of keeping around a character who only had enough development for one season.
The fact that she is still around (also that they have to answer many things), doesn't that tell you there still is more to develop? She is essential, I don't know why you can't see it
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 14:28   Link #977
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Well it's true that they're treating her as excessive baggage in season 2 but I'm still hoping that they'll do something interesting with C.C.. Else it would've been indeed pointless to have kept her around. I'm sure she'll have more screentime now that it's obvious that the Ashford days are over. Or if she really was just kept for fanservice it would be plain sad.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. There's a reason they have made her that way though again I don't see why they bothered if that was all they were going to have her around. Fanservice and serving as someone Kallen can be jealous of seems about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
The fact that she is still around (also that they have to answer many things), doesn't that tell you there still is more to develop? She is essential, I don't know why you can't see it
Not really. I've never seen anyone disprove Var's argument that she is finished as a character and I suggest you not try. And she doesn't need to be around for the answers. Marianne could just say everything. All that is relevant with her is her past and that could have just been touched on in season 1 and then they could have killed her off. She could just have shown up in the World of C or something. She isn't essential though. Lelouch, Kallen, Suzaku, and the like are essential. She is done as a character really and all that that leaves is for a leaving of the stage. I don't get why you can't see that.

Old 2008-07-11, 14:33   Link #978
seiji_kun

What makes Kalen essential? She's just a pilot in the end. Even Suzaku is just a pilot in the end. The only ones really essential are Lelouch and the one he's getting revenge on then. I don't know if C.C. is going to play a big role, my guesses is yes cause she's been ignored the first half of season 2 and I don't need to hear someones onesided opinion why C.C. would not play a role anymore. I'll rather wait and see then...
Old 2008-07-11, 14:38   Link #979
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
What makes Kalen essential? She's just a pilot in the end. Even Suzaku is just a pilot in the end. The only ones really essential are Lelouch and the one he's getting revenge on then. I don't know if C.C. is going to play a big role, my guesses is yes cause she's been ignored the first half of season 2 and I don't need to hear someones onesided opinion why C.C. would not play a role anymore. I'll rather wait and see then...
I don't know, but the director says she's critical to the show and it's his show. I wouldn't be so onesided if they gave me reason to see things otherwise. They haven't.

Old 2008-07-11, 14:38   Link #980
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

she is essential character dann