Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-10, 08:04   Link #261
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Honestly I'd take this over the entire brew haha the thread has become with those in favor and against the series. Speaking of, even though Delta's my favorite, I have to say so far Epsilon has sounded the best singing the ending IMO so far.
I am just impressed by how much effort they put into this 1-second shot Gamma's face.

My favourite is Beta, second favorite is Delta. Gamma isn't that great. I also don't like Alpha that much since she seems so generic.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-10, 13:38   Link #262
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I am just impressed by how much effort they put into this 1-second shot Gamma's face.

My favourite is Beta, second favorite is Delta. Gamma isn't that great. I also don't like Alpha that much since she seems so generic.
I like Alpha. I also like the Eta girl from shorts, hopefully she gets more screentime later.

In terms of female leads though, I enjoy watching Alexia's and the sister's character development the most.
Old 2022-11-16, 10:05   Link #263
Frontier

Sherry should be doing some research on the artifact the princess' left in he care...but she's got love on the brain, especially as she lusciously takes a bite out of some chocolate with thoughts of Cid .

Nu looks great in that uniform, glasses, and hair bun combo! And she's got plenty of Cult of Diablos exposition to give Shadow, except he's too focused on being forced into a sword tournament to actually listen to any of what she's saying, yet she's still left thinking he's on top of things by the end of it .

Poor Nu...a part of her wishes that she could live a normal life with a normal romance, but feels that was robbed from her by the Cult of Diablos. And she's happy to know the "truth" even if it was a truth some guy pulled out of nowhere that somehow turned out to be true .

I love how Skel and Po not only got beat up for their troubles with girls but thought roping Cid into a sword-fighting tournament would be another successful way to pick up chicks. And in the end it just leaves them penniless .

Nice to see Claire again and showing off her skills .

Rose Orianas! I believe she was the girl who restrained Claire a few episodes back when she tried to break Cid out of jail? Not only is she the student council president, but she's also another princess, and the strongest swordswoman in the whole school! And she's quite the beauty with her Ojou-sama hair and her amazing figure! And now I think she definitely has her eyes on Cid .

What's the only thing for a mob character to do in a tournament arc? Lose spectacularly to a named character. And yet Cid fakes his injuries and defeat so spectacularly, and keeps getting up just to have an excuse to show off his perfectly trained defeat maneuvers, that he ends up coming off more like a named character than a mob character. Like, you're not supposed to have a Heroine thinking they lost to you in a battle of spirit and come off respecting you, Cid .

First Sherry sees him bloody, then she sees him bandaged, but neither can seem to impact her feelings for Cid! And he even sips his tea while bandaged !

It's adorable how Sherry is pursuing Cid earnestly with starting off as friends (even though Cid wants nothing to do with named characters) and then turning to her father, who was practically right next to them, to show that she pulled it off .

It's nice to see Alexia in casual clothes as she classily drinks coffee .

No matter what Alexia says about her feelings for Cid, the fact that she has the picture of them together framed and among her other important pictures, even just turned to the side, says a lot. Like it's not removed or facing down, it's just turned to the side. She might still have it bad for him, particularly so when she's obviously a tad upset when Sherry basically tells her that it's great she and Cid aren't together because that means she can feel free to go after Cid herself. Love rivals, anyone ?

We now return back to the Cult of Diablos plot as they create an anti-magic barrier that lets them invade and take over the school. Are they after Sherry and the artifact ?

I mean, points for Cid for taking a blow for Sherry, yet...what mob character would get such a dramatic sacrifice scene for a Heroine character ?

Zeta ED! Ayaka Asai has a beautiful singing voice !
Old 2022-11-16, 10:18   Link #264
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
I mean, points for Cid for taking a blow for Sherry, yet...what mob character would get such a dramatic sacrifice scene for a Heroine character ?
Dying first is the job for the mobs.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 11:04   Link #265
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Dying first is the job for the mobs.
Yeah, but dramatically sacrificing themselves ?
Old 2022-11-16, 11:59   Link #266
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
You may have understood by now that Cid is over.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 12:29   Link #267
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Mob would also go down with single hit and not going full shonen zombie against "stronger" opponent. He is not exactly smartest mastermind ever. Plus unless Cid make the exit, Shadow cannot enter because...

Spoiler for Big spoiler:

Anyway I found this episode actually pretty funny.
Old 2022-11-16, 21:36   Link #268
grecefar

He prides himself of his abilities as a background character without knowing that he sucks at staying as background character... so funny.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 21:43   Link #269
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

So this is the comedy parts of the series? Knowing that it's all just an act, the fencing part just felt painful to watch. That didn't seem like a mob at all, the way he went against that blond girl. Then again, it's Cid. It's probably how it works in his mind and he's screwed in the head after all so whatever.

The part where he was misunderstood by Nu wasn't funny as well knowing how Cid is. More like the Shadow Garden girls just bend over to all the things he says and do and it somehow works is stupid. It's the main premise of the series(apparently) but it still doesn't work. The only chuckle I had in the episode was when Sherry shut down Alexia's question immediately about talking to her about research. At least Alexia still gets some screen time and will likely get involved more with Cid. He wants to be a mob but will now be surrounded by named and beautiful characters and it will now include the blond student council president because of course she will after that sacrifice. What fun.

Spoiler:

Kage-jitsu 4. At least this one used the choco poop joke. This series shows more of the Shadow Garden girls than the main series.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 22:08   Link #270
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
So this is the comedy parts of the series? Knowing that it's all just an act, the fencing part just felt painful to watch. That didn't seem like a mob at all, the way he went against that blond girl. Then again, it's Cid. It's probably how it works in his mind and he's screwed in the head after all so whatever.

The part where he was misunderstood by Nu wasn't funny as well knowing how Cid is. More like the Shadow Garden girls just bend over to all the things he says and do and it somehow works is stupid. It's the main premise of the series(apparently) but it still doesn't work. The only chuckle I had in the episode was when Sherry shut down Alexia's question immediately about talking to her about research. At least Alexia still gets some screen time and will likely get involved more with Cid. He wants to be a mob but will now be surrounded by named and beautiful characters and it will now include the blond student council president because of course she will after that sacrifice. What fun.

Spoiler:

Kage-jitsu 4. At least this one used the choco poop joke. This series shows more of the Shadow Garden girls than the main series.
It is kind of funny how little screentime the other Shadow Garden girls get .
Old 2022-11-17, 05:02   Link #271
moridin84
Custom User Title

I said before that Beta was my favorite but I was just thinking of the Shadow Garden girls. If we are talking about overall I'd say the Princess.

Her tsundere level is just amazing.
Spoiler for image:
Old 2022-11-17, 09:15   Link #272
Chosen_Hero

Yeah, I'm dropping this, I can't stand this anymore, even Shinobi no Ittoki isn't this boring.
Old 2022-11-17, 09:50   Link #273
larethian

The last move must be another one of his secret mob techniques that he didn't manage to showcase earlier.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 09:53   Link #274
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, I'm not seeing much of the humor in this series. Or rather, it's brand of humor doesn't really entertain me. Particularly the tournament beatings he took. Really annoying; it reminded me of those overexaggerated Love Hina Naru punches i had come to hate so so much.

I do enjoy the more somber moments(Alexia/Cid on the train) and the "Shadow is OP" segments, so those I stick around for.

I did expect Sherry's dad to see Cid potential(cause usually when such a char is introduced the way Cid talked about him, that's what happens), but oh well; can't let the cat out of the bag just yet.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 10:04   Link #275
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm truly disappointed they didn't even bother to adapt this lines for this episode:

Spoiler for Some of you may already guessed it:

They almost nailed it this time but they somehow have need to make Cid looking cool rather than elaborate stuffs to gave that jab of 'this is story about chuuni who lives in his own world'.

Old 2022-11-17, 11:03   Link #276
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yeah, I'm dropping this, I can't stand this anymore, even Shinobi no Ittoki isn't this boring.
Held out for one more week than me, he truly is the chosen hero.
Old 2022-11-17, 12:56   Link #277
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Haha, I had the opposite reaction. To me this show is the sleeper hit, and dropped Ittoki last week.

I'm not typically fond of slapstick humor, but this one executes well so far. For some reason it reminds me of Romantic Killer. I feel the same comedic vibes, though RK executes way better.
Old 2022-11-17, 14:35   Link #278
Frontier

I don't know about you, but Sherry turning to her dad after becoming friends with Cid and the whole Sherry/Alexia conversation was peak comedy to me .
Old 2022-11-18, 03:37   Link #279
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-11-18, 04:52   Link #280
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Spoiler for Some of you may already guessed it:

They almost nailed it this time but they somehow have need to make Cid looking cool rather than elaborate stuffs to gave that jab of 'this is story about chuuni who lives in his own world'.
Yeah, they are really downplaying the comedy and just ramping up the "cool stuff".

I wish that they had adapted Strange Grief instead. It's more clever yet somehow more straightforward so probably couldn't mess it up if they put in the same amount of effort..

https://imgur.com/a/DEUu84O
"Says the person who led the way"

https://imgur.com/a/BupR2KH
"I'm just going to dump this on Sven"
"Didn't he just dump this us?"
"No, no. You just don't understand his genius"

https://imgur.com/a/1w0bdSd

I also love the relationship between him and Liz. No matter how crazy she is, Cry has no fear of her at all. And she is completely sweet on him too.

Tags
harem