AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2021-03-06, 03:58   Link #3921
GDB

All I can think about from this chapter is how the original ending was supposed to be everyone dying. Now I suspect it'll be ALMOST everyone, with a few survivors like Historia.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 04:27   Link #3922
Blaat

That final panel is like a hilarious combination of getting the nice boat ending and Shinpachi kissing Pandemonium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
how did they know the smoke can make every1 into titan? i dont recall the part explains that.
It's the same smoke used by Zeke to turn Connie's village into Titans. Although it should have been Pieck pointing this out as she was the only one there that has seen it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That was a clusterfuck. I guess we won't get Eren's POV unless Isayama wants to cram that into the final chapter too. Also what was Ymirs goal during all this? First she supports Eren, then Armin, then just watches over Mikasa killing Eren. This doesn't seem like it can wrap up completely nicely.
Ymir never supported Armin, I think it was simply the souls (?) of previous shifters friends of Zeke and Armin that decided to take over their titans and help the alliance. I mean if Ymir helped Armin why did they still had to fight against the previous titans?
Old 2021-03-06, 05:02   Link #3923
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Being Mikasa is suffering.
Old 2021-03-06, 05:59   Link #3924
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Well that was certainly an eventful penultimate chapter. I'm sure people were crying while reading this chapter (I just saw a live reaction of someone doing so).

It hasn't really hit me that everyone there who got titanized?/titanified? is now as good as dead. I just thought it was kinda pointless though I do recognize the tragedy and dramatic irony of it all.

I think what's making me scratch my head is Eren and Ymir's motivation in regards to all of this. I just do not understand what's going through their heads even after reading everything. Why is Ymir smiling in the final panel when watching over Mikasa? What was Eren's ultimate goal in doing all of this? Why was he so hellbent on being such a villain till the very end? He must have known it would have ended like this.
Old 2021-03-06, 08:05   Link #3925
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess killing the worm will untitanize everyone, but I'm not sure how they can even kill it when it survived Armin's explosion. Maybe it'll just die on its own without a host, which is why it was desperate to go back to Eren?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well I did imagine that Mikasa would end up being the one to kill Eren, but not even some parting words? We got some dialogue in a made up fantasy instead.
A made up fantasy? No, that was real. This was the previous timeline before this one, reread the first chapter and the connection becomes obvious. Final chapter might be a mindfuck.
Old 2021-03-06, 08:37   Link #3926
grecefar

Well that was tragic with everybody tuning into titans-

For some reason I still doubt eren is dead.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 19:43   Link #3927
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder how many of the loose ends the final chapter will address, because there are too many to fit them all.
Old 2021-03-07, 03:21   Link #3928
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd like an explanation of who got what visions of a possible future, when, and how it influenced them, but I'm not sure we'll get that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 03:30   Link #3929
Blaat

I'd like a long epilogue like with FMA but there's no way that's going to happen now.
Old 2021-03-07, 05:59   Link #3930
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Then: It's just a gag

Now: *cries*
Old 2021-03-08, 00:55   Link #3931
Daft

After this I kind of feel like the "plan" Eren has been following as the Attack Titan is to get to this point where he gets killed as the Founding Titan and finally gets the centipede out in the open and desperate as it is now. Now the centipede can be killed, and perhaps that will finally "free" Eldians from turning into Titans. The chapter shows he wanted the die peacefully route with Mikasa but he even points out in the chapter that it's just respite for him. Everyone is doomed, and nothing changes. Knowing the different possible futures of himself he chose the path he took here.

I'm assuming Ymir will play in role in dealing with the centipede since Eren freed her and she seems conscious there watching Eren die. Perhaps the rumbling route had to occur because it was the only route that allows Eren to meet Ymir. By waking her up and telling to do what she wants the rumbling happens but now she is free to do what she wants and they have to do something about the centipede since no one can seemingly hurt it at the moment.
Old 2021-03-08, 08:03   Link #3932
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As I said, I'm sure everyone will turn back to normal, and I'm honestly surprised at the number of people who bought everyone's "death". The worm is the source of titan power, if it dies, everything gets fixed. Well, except for the millions of innocents Eren killed.

I'd say the fact the worm created an army of titans to defend it means it can be killed. Reiner, Pieck and Annie seem screwed but Armin is still up and about. And Falco, I guess. Bird vs worm?
Old 2021-03-08, 12:19   Link #3933
Blaat

If Pieck's bite is strong enough to bleed the worm then that would mean that Falco, who is the jaw titan, can easily bite the thing in two.

Also agree that everyone will get back, especially knowing that Isayama have said he's changing his mind about the originally planned dark ending where almost everyone dies.
Old 2021-03-08, 12:51   Link #3934
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Ugh... I would really hate it if the magical worm that controls space and time and that survived the equivalent of a nuclear explosion won't be able to regenerate after being cut in half, when a even a common planarian can. I hope there's going to be a more convincing system to kill it.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 05:23   Link #3935
Hata
時の異邦人

via author's twitter, the last chapter was finished and delivered to the editor, the official published date is 9th. but spoilers tend to show up a week in advance, if you don't want to spoil yourself better stay away from the net during those time.
Old 2021-04-05, 20:19   Link #3936
grecefar

besides the normal butthurt of the fans I liked the "leaks", of course if they are true but who knows.
Old 2021-04-07, 16:54   Link #3937
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter is out in Korean and a good deal has been translated. I can safely say this is a terrible ending.

Spoiler for Ending spoilers:
Old 2021-04-07, 17:02   Link #3938
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not angry, just disappointed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 18:11   Link #3939
grecefar

Yeah that weren't the spoilers I read before, this is really bad.
Old 2021-04-07, 18:12   Link #3940
Ichinotachi

A steaming pile of wet dog feces is more appealing and well done than this ending.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote