AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-09, 18:18   Link #281
Anime Overload

Spoiler for I'm so unhappy.:
Old 2007-07-09, 18:31   Link #282
Windspirit

Yup, this is over. Death Note was an excellent series until the end. I'm available if you need a hug

Nah, seriously, recently, I finished Death Note and Kanon and I find everything lame and uninteresting. I watched Saiunkoku Monogatari and Nodame Catabile, presumed masterpieces, I dunno, by the first second, I totally didn't like them...

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who thinks Death Note is one of the most thrilling masterpieces in anime's history.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:26   Link #283
UchihaByakuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspirit View Post
It's one of the fundamental rules of the Death Note : when one dies, he doesn't go Heaven nor to Hell. Light and Ryuk talked about this in the first episodes, Light said : "If they don't go to Heaven nor Hell... this would mean that they don't exist.", and Ryuk answered : "Quite perspicacious..."
Isn't that a rule only for deathnote users? I clearly remember Ryuk saying something along the lines of : In the end Light's dad was happy because as he died he could see his son's lifespan and name (light forfieted deathnote @ this point) which means he did not have possesion of the note, hence Light's dad went to heaven happy. Must be the anime XD
Old 2007-07-10, 15:55   Link #284
jor8888

hard to believe he ended up crying like a little baby instead of thinking about how to write their names down, what a terrible ending.
Old 2007-07-10, 17:15   Link #285
Windspirit

Must be the anime, yeah, since there's no damn Heaven nor Hell in Death Note.

I think it's actually written in the Death Note since it was one of the "rules" written in an eyecatch. Including the obvious rules (Anyone whose name is written in the Death Note will die, you have 40 secondes to specify the cause of death and 6min40 to write the details of the death), there are tuns of other (useless) rules : one of them says that there's no Heaven nor Hell.

Um, I would like to correct myself on something :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspirit
I have an answer for your question, ShoyzX. If 1 makes the eyetrade and kills 2, this means his lifespan isn't of 30 seconds, since destiny decided that this was not the moment for him to die. In other words, if he successfully kills 2, it means that from the beginning, he wasn't even supposed to die in this place. Thus, his lifespan is much longer than 30 secondes.
This is obviously false. The truth is, you have to think of the Death Note about a totally supernatural book with no influence on the lifespan of a person. The Death Note drains one's lifespan : thus, if someone's lifespan is 30 years, this doesn't mean that he will be killed by the Death Note at 30 years old. Instead, he can be killed at 15 years old and his 15 years of life remaining will be added to the Death Note.

IIRC, this is how Shinigami live : they drain people's lifespans with the Death Note.

Therefore, Person 1 doesn't have 30 seconds to live since his lifespan wasn't supposed to end when he could've been killed by the Death Note.

(I know, nobody cares, but oh well...)
Old 2007-07-10, 18:38   Link #286
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

On the subject of MU, I think it's important to understand that this may still be up for interpretation...After reading several interviews with the creators it's my distinct feeling that they really like the viewers to see things in their own light (So to speak^^)... MU might only be Ryuk's interpretation of death...All throughout DN we are reminded that Shinigami's don't know everything nor do they care to know everything...I mean why even suggest a DN user can't go to Heaven or Hell if neither exists? I don't think MU is supposed to be taken 100%, without a doubt, literal...It's an expression IMO...

Here's a site with lots of great interviews and info on the creators...
Old 2007-07-12, 02:25   Link #287
Zetrio
The Knight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor8888 View Post
hard to believe he ended up crying like a little baby instead of thinking about how to write their names down, what a terrible ending.
Yeah its pathetic that Light is allowed to escape but Light does nothing but cry. I would much rather Light died on the spot just like in the Death note movie.

Last edited by Zetrio; 2007-07-12 at 02:35.
Old 2007-07-12, 10:23   Link #288
UchihaByakuya

Posh look @ all of you Light fan girls ( JOKES). If he cries its due to self preservation. The man is about to die he cries as much as he wants :P nothing "out of the ordinary"
Old 2007-07-12, 11:47   Link #289
Anime Overload

Spoiler for Well...:
Old 2007-07-12, 17:54   Link #290
taichikun14

excellent. mikami was a riot till the very end

after episode 25, i hated the HELL out of light... but i still couldn't help but pity him in the last episode. and it doesn't help that they drew him absolutely GORGEOUS at the very end XD and miyano mamoru...sexiest voice in the world...even if he's laughing like a maniac..

matsuda completely redeemed himself for me. he was good comic relief in the series, but i was kind of annoyed after a while. but after this episode my opinion of him has completely changed. that scene was SOO intense, he actually had me almost covering my eyes.

Spoiler:

and this question has been bugging me all these...few hours since i finished watching the last episode:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-12, 22:33   Link #291
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichikun14 View Post
Spoiler:
Maybe it's just Light's imagination or an illusion like when light seen his past self.
Old 2007-07-13, 05:34   Link #292
UchihaByakuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Overload View Post
Spoiler for Well...:
I meant he cry for watever reason he wants :P and how much he wants. But seriously i reckon the swimming lesson made up for L's death. L would be glad to see it :P
Old 2007-07-13, 15:55   Link #293
digitalmaster287

Does anyone know what the new Tokubetsu Hen episode is about?
Old 2007-07-14, 09:15   Link #294
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmaster287 View Post
Does anyone know what the new Tokubetsu Hen episode is about?
That was an old behind-the-scenes show with the voice actors; It was hosted by Hirano Aya (Misa) and Kudou Haruka (Sayu).
Old 2007-07-15, 00:22   Link #295
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I enjoyed the anime better than the manga. The ending was more dramatic and poetic in the anime. It was one of the best series, not just because the source material was strong, but the adaptation was marvelous. It didn't drastically change from the original story, but the changes they made were for the better in visual terms. I'm glad I stuck with that major plot point happened.
Old 2007-07-15, 20:43   Link #296
mishka

Things I learned from this anime:

1) Don't put all your eggs in one basket...(basket being mikami)

2) Never trust the goofy guy who pretends to be your friend(Matsuda)

3) don't forget to take your meds!

Overall this episode was very thrilling, disappointing, and sad...all at the same time!

question: Why did Mikami
Spoiler:

And the ending kindda got me thinking that maybe
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-16, 01:55   Link #297
UchihaByakuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post

And the ending kindda got me thinking that maybe
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2007-07-17, 03:44   Link #298
RealityEX
Professional

Send a message via AIM to RealityEX
What a great series...hard to not feel sorry for Light after all he's done. I did laugh at the part where you see the expressions on Light and Mikami's faces when they realized the death note didn't work.
Old 2007-07-17, 19:53   Link #299
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichikun14 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 37 ending:
Old 2007-07-17, 21:06   Link #300
mishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Spoiler for episode 37 ending:
I agree.

And I think L's "presence" represented that "L's Justice" was prevailed.
Closed Thread