AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-18, 14:30   Link #1
Kunagisa

Saraiya Goyou

To quote Neosam's wonderful post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The seinen manga Saraiya Goyou by Ono Natsume will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

An official site for the anime has opened:
http://www.goyou-anime.jp/

Animation Production: Manglobe

==========

さらい屋 五葉
Saraiya Goyou

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine IKKI.
Currently there are 6 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

From MangaUpdates:

Mangaka: Ono Natsume

Genre: Seinen, Jidaigeki (period drama)

==========

Sources: MoonPhase Diary 1, 2
Recently, the website's updated with part of the staff list

Director: Tomomi Mochizuki
Series Composition: Tomomi Mochizuki
Character Design: Kazuto Nakazawa
Animation Production: Manglobe/Mangrove

So who's excited about Zettai Shonen + Samurai Champloo?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 17:17   Link #2
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

God damn, I definitely am.

A semi realistic samurai anime by Manglobe? Count me in.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 22:51   Link #3
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Tthey better come with something good this time to make up for Blacksmith. This is already looking way more interesting. Story sounds good and I like the art direction.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 15:28   Link #4
Katapan
俺様祭り

A PV was shown during today's noitaminA press conference. Unlike Shiki and Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, it isn't getting uploaded on the anime's official website though... so I've been looking around and found a LQ version (Nicovideo), recorded from the live stream of the conference. All of it is animated (with some scenes I suspect might be from the OP), & we get to hear the OP two months early.

Edit: Here's the trailer with a much better quality. Thank Manuloz on Manganimation.

Last edited by Katapan; 2010-02-22 at 07:21.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 18:16   Link #5
Fevvers
a regular van veen

The manga was not really that impressive as most scenes felt flat and uninspired, but Tomomi Mochizuki might just be who this series needs (at least more along the likes of his older directed works) to elevate it.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 15:24   Link #6
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
A PV was shown during today's noitaminA press conference. Unlike Shiki and Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, it isn't getting uploaded on the anime's official website though... so I've been looking around and found a LQ version (Nicovideo), recorded from the live stream of the conference. All of it is animated (with some scenes I suspect might be from the OP), & we get to hear the OP two months early.

Edit: Here's the trailer with a much better quality. Thank Manuloz on Manganimation.
Thanks for the trailer. Funny thing is that I was watching it without sounds on for a while, then I realized and turned it on, but the music was totally NOT what I expected. Not sure how I feel about that.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 17:57   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the trailer. It looked a lot like an opening. I personally like the music, in fact, I'm going to check out this artist right now !
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 20:55   Link #8
solomon

All depends on the story. I didn't like Ristorante.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 02:51   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I am a big Mochizuki Tomomi fan. He directed Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Zettai Shounen and Shinigami no Ballad. He wrote Yami to Boushi to Hon and Touka Gettan. For me, his anime are always interesting and enjoyable. We'll see what he can do with this story.

The music in the trailer is the OP, by someone called immi. The character design is not my favorite, but I saw more and more expression as it went on, so I think I can learn. The cast is good: Namikawa Daisuke, Sakurai Takahiro, Uchida Yuya.

This is one of the shows I am looking forward to, hoping for the best
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 05:10   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Die hard fan of the samurai genre . But more than the samurai genre itself what enticed me most was the art/presentation in this . Really looking forward to it and is in my must see list
Old 2010-03-03, 09:25   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Why does the art make them look like fish?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 01:55   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Its the NOSE, the oddly pointed nose which gives the fishy appearance . The pointy nose is a common characteristic in all designs of S.Goyou .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-03-04 at 02:15.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 12:32   Link #13
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Wow, I am so digging that song in the PV
The art style looks very interesting too.

I've heard of Ristorante Paradiso before, but never bothered to watch it (I might after this)
Either way, I'm anticipating on checking out this series.
It seems like Manglobe is getting back on track (sorry but Blacksmith wasn't all that great)
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 15:29   Link #14
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
It seems like Manglobe is getting back on track (sorry but Blacksmith wasn't all that great)
In terms of business, this is much the same as Blacksmith. Manglobe traditionally focussed on original anime that they created from scratch. However, they're now forced to take on random adaptations (obviously produced on rushed schedules) like everyone else.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 12:04   Link #15
epl

New trailer on their website
http://www.goyou-anime.jp/

It looks very good, and I cannot wait for this show.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 13:26   Link #16
bateszi

Send a message via MSN to bateszi
I'm also looking forward to this, though that last trailer really confirms what I've been suspecting for a while, that its going be as sedately paced and 'deliberate' as Ristorante Paradiso; should be interesting, and besides, we have Rurouni Kenshin/Sword of the Stranger for samurai action, anyway!
bateszi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 15:43   Link #17
DangerMouse

Going to check it out for Manglobe and the eye catching artstyle and overall story sounds quite nice.

The last trailer did the same for me as well, never saw Ristorante Paradiso as that wasn't my kind of show, but slower paced drama can be good, so it'll all be up to the story for me I think.

While true, it's still been a while now since we've had a good show along those lines like Champloo, Kurogane, or Kenshin, aside from the sweet Sword of the Stranger movie.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 16:21   Link #18
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Bumpy.

Funimation announced they partnered with Fuji TV to simulcast the noitaminA slot. So 5 Leaves is available for viewing on Funi's video portal.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 18:14   Link #19
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

^^I just saw it on Hulu. It was really, really good. Awesome BGM. The character designs take getting used to, but once you get used to it, the "ugliness" dissipates. It oddly reminds me of Mushishi--the pacing, and the strange laid-back personality of the main character, Yaichi. Loving Takahiro Sakurai's voice for Yaichi -- wow, this man has a certain cadence quality to his voice that cannot be denied.

Interesting story so far, will keep watching.

Edit: should probably move this to currently airing.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 18:34   Link #20
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Should be moved to Currently airing since it's now started.

Here's something interesting...this has already been licensed by Funimation. Within 24 hours of the first ep airing? This is unlike them....they must be pretty certain this will be a success.

Tags
jidaigeki, manglobe, noitamina, seinen