Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-20, 15:00   Link #1
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Manga Discussion: Chapter 333

wow, there isnt a discussion thread yet.
basically its luffy and usopp fighting. no summary yet, but i made out what happened.
first it seems like usopp is kicking luffy's ass but then, one Gomu Gomu No Pistol?
hit usopp and he's down.
chopper leaves some medicine beside usopp and returns to G.M.
some flashbacks and everyone is crying.
Old 2004-08-20, 16:37   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

AUGH! They didn't resolve the fight yet??? (*grumble*) OH well, should be an interesting chapter none the less. (*secretly looks for scanslation while whistling innocently*)
Old 2004-08-20, 17:33   Link #3
CaptainPanda
Eats, shoots, and leaves.

One Piece 333 - "Captain"

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-20, 18:14   Link #4
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Wow Captain Panda, I didn't know you posted here, need to start paying more attention. Great summary (as always) and great chapter! Keep it up! I was waiting for the time when Luffys position as Captain would become more serious, and here we have it.

Edit: Luffy PWNED Usopp HARD, and Luffy is looking so badass at the moment.
Old 2004-08-21, 02:33   Link #5
Nubixkube

Wow, I'll tell you what. These most recent chapters of both One Piece and the Naruto manga have been absolutely amazing.
Old 2004-08-21, 09:34   Link #6
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Nice chapter thnx for the summary Captain Panda
Old 2004-08-21, 23:41   Link #7
sOnJoOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Nice chapter thnx for the summary Captain Panda
indeed.
but do you really think there is going to be a new long nose in the crew?
cuz i hope usopp dont leave. but there is that big possibilty that he actually is.
Old 2004-08-22, 01:07   Link #8
Jackl

Of course hes coming back!

I mean, hes got no money, no ship(Seaworthy), hes on an island, and hes not carpenter.

Seriously, where else does he have to go?
Old 2004-08-23, 02:18   Link #9
Icer

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't care if Usopp left the crew. Getting a little tedious with the same routine.

Good chapter though, I really want to see where they go on from here and what Robin's been up to.
Old 2004-08-23, 07:57   Link #10
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Usopp needs to get back!! He will get back soon
Old 2004-08-23, 12:22   Link #11
Antonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer
Hate to say it, but I wouldn't care if Usopp left the crew. Getting a little tedious with the same routine.

Good chapter though, I really want to see where they go on from here and what Robin's been up to.
Down with ussop. He was totally useless and did I mention boring?
Old 2004-08-23, 13:17   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer

Yeah, but who's Chopper going to have as a best friend? Him and Ussop really hit it off. Of course then again, chopper is kinda gullable too. hehe.
Old 2004-08-23, 13:35   Link #13
sOnJoOL

actually when you think about it, usopp never really served as a crew.
i mean. Luffy is Captain, Zoro is Swordman, SanJi is Cook, Nami is Navigator,
Chopper is Doctor, Robin is Historian Something. But Usopp really isn't anything.
He is Supposedly the Sniper, but he got lucky
Old 2004-08-23, 13:41   Link #14
Yoska
フランキー

I hope Usopp won't leave for good, he's one of those reason I love One Piece. I find it wierd that the most of the people don't like him. Usopp represents what's One Piece is about: Humour, great fights and adventures.

At the moment there are so many directions where story could go. 6 days left and that's a long time, of course few of the days are spended on resting. We don't know whats up with Robin, Korgi & Iceberg. New crewmember(s?), thumps up for Kaku ( reminds me of Rock Lee from Naruto: fast, honest and good manners. Very different personality from Usopp, the only two common features are speed and long nose. And their noses ARE diffirent. Sanji's and Zoro's noses are exactly the same. I will be severly disappointed if it's Smok... I mean Pauly, we got two of that kind already in the Strew Hat). Is Franky even the main villain of the story, or even a villain. Not that there have to be any, but there could be more than one villain like in the longring long island (Foxy & AoKiji).

It would be cool if some of the old characters could make a comeback in this story. Smoker & co. , Buggy, Doflamingo or Kuma. There are dozens of characters.
Old 2004-08-23, 16:44   Link #15
sOnJoOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
I hope Usopp won't leave for good, he's one of those reason I love One Piece. I find it wierd that the most of the people don't like him. Usopp represents what's One Piece is about: Humour, great fights and adventures.

At the moment there are so many directions where story could go. 6 days left and that's a long time, of course few of the days are spended on resting. We don't know whats up with Robin, Korgi & Iceberg. New crewmember(s?), thumps up for Kaku ( reminds me of Rock Lee from Naruto: fast, honest and good manners. Very different personality from Usopp, the only two common features are speed and long nose. And their noses ARE diffirent. Sanji's and Zoro's noses are exactly the same. I will be severly disappointed if it's Smok... I mean Pauly, we got two of that kind already in the Strew Hat). Is Franky even the main villain of the story, or even a villain. Not that there have to be any, but there could be more than one villain like in the longring long island (Foxy & AoKiji).

It would be cool if some of the old characters could make a comeback in this story. Smoker & co. , Buggy, Doflamingo or Kuma. There are dozens of
characters.
usopp is too good to waste. but if it happens, then it does.
and i agree about making a little buggy mini's. like the one with ace.
Old 2004-08-23, 20:59   Link #16
hi no ken Jebus

Manga Discussion: Chapter 333

yup as expected all the tricks in ussop's bag were no match for the 1-2 punch from luffy. i was sad to see him go if he really does at least in this fashion. i guess we'll get a scene change and see what robin is doing. all i hope is if ussop does leave that vivi dont replace him. i mean that would ruin it for me big time. i remember one of the oda foreshadowing was the return of an alabasta character which im hoping for bon clay cause its okama love all the way.

im leaning on ussop playing possum and this being another trip after all he is the king of all liars. but yea this chapter was awesome.
Old 2004-08-24, 00:40   Link #17
sOnJoOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
yup as expected all the tricks in ussop's bag were no match for the 1-2 punch from luffy. i was sad to see him go if he really does at least in this fashion. i guess we'll get a scene change and see what robin is doing. all i hope is if ussop does leave that vivi dont replace him. i mean that would ruin it for me big time. i remember one of the oda foreshadowing was the return of an alabasta character which im hoping for bon clay cause its okama love all the way.

im leaning on ussop playing possum and this being another trip after all he is the king of all liars. but yea this chapter was awesome.
oda foreshadowed that a alabasta character is returning? then it must be ace,
i mean who else?
Old 2004-08-27, 02:23   Link #18
michiru

Usopp can fight like that, though, why couldn't win franky family??
I really wonder......
Old 2004-08-27, 06:58   Link #19
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiru
Usopp can fight like that, though, why couldn't win franky family??
I really wonder......
Usopp had time to plan the fight and he knows Luffy. Best friends you know. Also it was 1-on-1 fight.
When going against Franky he didn't have any plans, it was just pure rage. Usopp didn't know Franky, even we don't really know who Franky is yet. Besides there was whole Franky Ikka there with Franky.

334 is out if you know where to look. Bad scans though.
Old 2004-08-27, 09:50   Link #20
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, Ussop is a good fighter, but he needs LOTS of time to plan. He's not good on his feet in reactionary fighting like Luffy and Zoro are. He does best when he has time to think something out and reason it through. So you could call Ussop the strategist of the group. Plus he's also a perty good tech guru.
Closed Thread