AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 23:50   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 648 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Spoilers have been released.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 01:16   Link #2
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Alright, what a huge a$$-pull on Sasuke's part (which serves nothing but bring him to parity with Naruto for the purposes of this specific fight)....and then cutaway before anything is actually shown to more 1st Hokage comedy shenanigans. End chapter. Disappointing.
Old 2013-09-25, 01:51   Link #3
ranchan13

I'm not sure I'd call it a complete asspull that Sasuke still has the Cursed Seal.
Anyways, I was expecting action, not the first Hokage whining
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 01:55   Link #4
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Alright, what a huge a$$-pull on Sasuke's part (which serves nothing but bring him to parity with Naruto for the purposes of this specific fight)....and then cutaway before anything is actually shown to more 1st Hokage comedy shenanigans. End chapter. Disappointing.
Disagreed. the use of senjutsu by sasuke is likely only for the purposes of this fight, but it was speculated long before now...

i remember stating on this forum i would like to see the all shodiame...so happy it finally happened

many a parallel has been drawn between naruto and hashirama in the last few chapter so seeing him behave this way is no surprise to me. besides i've always wondered how the distribution of the bijou came about. if he were of any other personality type i dont think he'd bother giving them away to begin with...

i would like a better explanation of senjutsu tho....i mean whats really up with the juugo clan, sage frogs, and sage snakes?

oh yeah, and sasuke gonna be stronger than madara one day...sounds good to me

first raikage looks like Black Dynamite the cartoon character. Cracked me the hell up lol

Last edited by Artimus_Prime; 2013-09-25 at 02:48.
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 02:03   Link #5
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Sasuke doesn't have the cursed seal, Juugo just inserted his sage chakra into Sasuke's Susanoo which is no different than when Naruto and Yamato merged there wind and water jutsu against Kakuzu way back.

yay all the first's have now been shown (and maybe the 2nd mizukage (long black hair?) and tatooed 2nd Kazekage) now we just need the mysterious 3rd Mizukage!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 02:12   Link #6
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Alright, what a huge a$$-pull on Sasuke's part
How is that? This was so obvious that for the last few chapters, nearly every 4-5 posts or so would be another member speculating on how Sasuke would eventually come to use senjutsu chakra in this fight. I don't see whats so unbelievable about this development considering he's actually been proficient in using senjutsu chakra (albiet Oro's) since part I :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
i would like a better explanation of senjutsu tho....i mean whats really up with the juugo clan, sage frogs, and sage snakes?
That would be interesting if only to read about some of the other beast realm societies; I really liked how the boss snake looked when we were given a a sneak peak of their realm from Kabuto's explaination. I doubt Juugo's clan has any association with the beast realms; it seems like they just have different ways of using natures energy. The animal realms methods are obviously more polished and orthadox since Juugo's clan seems out of control and would appear monster-like; an indication that the senjutsu chakra isn't perfectly balanced.

Quote:

first raikage looks like black dynamite. cracked me the hell up lol
That had me wondering about how much stronger the author is going to make these ninjas. I guess we can look forward to more bleach style pages where the attacks are so massive, that it takes multiple pages to show a blast and its damage :/

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2013-09-25 at 02:25.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 02:47   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well... it seems like Sasuke got senjutsu earlier than Naruto then
and now they're aiming to surpass Hashirama and Madara... want to make a more epic quarrel, eh?

from Hashirama's flashback, I can conclude that the strongest country is actually Hokage... why? because their ideal is the one who unify Shinobi's world.. and Hashirama's dream is actually the one which led them now... hahaha...
nice one Hashirama.. you're humble but you actually have conquered the world... xD
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 03:33   Link #8
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
well... it seems like Sasuke got senjutsu earlier than Naruto then
and now they're aiming to surpass Hashirama and Madara... want to make a more epic quarrel, eh?

from Hashirama's flashback, I can conclude that the strongest country is actually Hokage... why? because their ideal is the one who unify Shinobi's world.. and Hashirama's dream is actually the one which led them now... hahaha...
nice one Hashirama.. you're humble but you actually have conquered the world... xD
When the time comes for their possible showdown the entire the world map will have to be changed.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 04:09   Link #9
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Felt it was an asspull as (1) from Naruto's point of view senjutsu has always been nature's power that was drawn into a guy, but somehow Juugo just totes it around as part of himself; (2) it's not something that can be passed on to others (although I guess Orochi's sufficiently advanced technology makes it possible); and possibly (3) because it was just so easy and rushed. He literally got the power-up in two or so pages.

I don't read speculation so I cannot say if it's been bandied about or predicted.
Old 2013-09-25, 04:29   Link #10
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

I wouldn't say that Juugo "gave" the nature chakra to Sasuke, rather, he infused the surrounding chakra projection (Susano'o) with nature energy instead.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 05:04   Link #11
Baragan

lng time guys anyways did any1 notice the change in sasukes susanoo sword? it is beginning to lk like rikudo staff.
Baragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 05:27   Link #12
Tchadnis

so today we have hints in the future , Sasuke stronger then Madara , Naruto stronger then Hashirama , Sasuke using senjustsu chakra , because of jugo , he just pulling chackra from jugo , he isnt actually gathering it himself ..
Old 2013-09-25, 06:42   Link #13
Monster0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Disagreed. the use of senjutsu by sasuke is likely only for the purposes of this fight, but it was speculated long before now...

i remember stating on this forum i would like to see the all shodiame...so happy it finally happened

many a parallel has been drawn between naruto and hashirama in the last few chapter so seeing him behave this way is no surprise to me. besides i've always wondered how the distribution of the bijou came about. if he were of any other personality type i dont think he'd bother giving them away to begin with...

first raikage looks like Black Dynamite the cartoon character. Cracked me the hell up lol
I agree,except i thought raikage was Jimi Hendrix from the purple haze village.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 07:16   Link #14
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

when does this Juugo's senjutsu curse seal thing comes into the series? Perhaps Kishi doesnt know how to kill his own created villians.
Old 2013-09-25, 07:43   Link #15
Monster0

I don't remember word for word verbatim,but juugo's always been connected with nature talking to birds and what not.I didn't think Sasuke needed it necessarily but the possibility was always there in numerous ways.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 07:49   Link #16
HasuMasu
*Artist

The Curse Seal's connection to Nature Energy was first mentioned by Kabuto while he was turning Dragon Sage, or at least that's what I think I remember.
Old 2013-09-25, 08:12   Link #17
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
The Curse Seal's connection to Nature Energy was first mentioned by Kabuto while he was turning Dragon Sage, or at least that's what I think I remember.
Indeed, I recall it being mentioned then too.

One interesting thing to note is that it seems Minato has indeed passed on the other half of the Kyuubi to Naruto. He depowered the kyuubi form while Naruto is still connected to the other half.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 09:11   Link #18
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
That might of been the most pointless and dull chapter in Naruto history. Even the comedy was terrible. I like back story, but this was boring beyond reason.

And Kishi created Team Taka to be walking power ups for Sasuke. They serve no other purpose. We saw this during the Kirabi fight. They were the only reason he survived. So why is this an ass pull? We knew what Juugo was for 10 chapters ago.

Hopefully Kishi doesn't do another blatant stall chapter next week.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 09:17   Link #19
Rydrallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
And Kishi created Team Taka to be walking power ups for Sasuke. They serve no other purpose. We saw this during the Kirabi fight. They were the only reason he survived. So why is this an ass pull? We knew what Juugo was for 10 chapters ago.
That's like saying Kyuubi served no other purpose other than to power up Naruto.

I think the real asspullers here are people who scream asspull whenever something they dislike happen in the manga.

And it's official. Naruto is dumb, even Tobirama facepalmed.
Rydrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 09:47   Link #20
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Felt it was an asspull as (1) from Naruto's point of view senjutsu has always been nature's power that was drawn into a guy, but somehow Juugo just totes it around as part of himself; (2) it's not something that can be passed on to others (although I guess Orochi's sufficiently advanced technology makes it possible)
makes sense. naruto is unaware of the jugo clans' abilities…but from the readers point of view we have known (via jugos clan) that there is a way to have senjutsu like power without the training.
and you're right it shouldn't be something that can be passed to others but its really only chakra so it makes sense that those wielding chakra absorbing capabilities are able to utilize/steal it as we saw in the Pain fight and as we are seeing with madara vs hashirama.

Quote:
(3) because it was just so easy and rushed. He literally got the power-up in two or so pages.
easy maybe. rushed, i don't think so…its been at least a few years in the making. way more than just two pages. sasuke as been using jugo;s power i.e. curse seal sense the chuunin exams. yes itachi helped him to get rid of it, but what we saw this chapter was effectively what sasuke would have done if his seal was never removed. besides, i don't wanna be 60yrs old waiting for this manga to end because every power up is sufficiently drawn out and explained onscreen lol

Quote:
I don't read speculation so I cannot say if it's been bandied about or predicted.
fair enough.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion