AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 40 40.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 40.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.01%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-04, 01:13   Link #61
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

O yea, take a look @ these... (found these off the net)

Shiori: "Does Yuiichi-san like Yuki?"
Kyuichi: "Nope. Too cold."
Nagato: ...

Next episode: Disappearance of Aizawa Yuiichi.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-04, 02:00   Link #62
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

An awesome episode...but yet episode 1 was the best. The comic parts are simply too good. This is scaring me simply because I m gettin too attatched to Makoto.
Spoiler:

As for Akiko-san...where the hell does she work to have so much money. Was her husband some major rich guy or something.

Neway did u notice one thing... When Yuichi told Sayuri that she is qualified to be his bride...he gave the reason of her cooking to be comparable to Akiko-san...hmmm...so we are not the only ones who consider her as a MILF character.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-04, 02:11   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@skane: perhaps the Black Widow and the basement might also explain the jam?

Outstanding collection of story snippets interwoven to bring the plot along.
Between Yuuichi humor, Makoto spazzing, Nayuki walking trances, Mai the eating machine (loved the "lets get Mai to talk" lunch) - I had a great time this episode.

There's some symbolism to the three snowballs but I've forgotten it.. no don't tell me, it'll unfold.

I will say its interesting to watch where KyoAni applies the economy. They've clearly got animation budget so they're obviously going to apply the Medusa effects and freeze us in our tracks later.

Note: headpatting is a Japanese thing (at least among the ones I've seen and know (my wife likes having her head skritched/patted for example) but it is *not* done so casually as Yuuichi does it to near strangers. Each time however, the situation seemed to compel it and he responded.

Bonus points for the "oni-chan" exchange between Shiori and Yuuichi ... embarrassment in both directions
Old 2006-11-04, 02:56   Link #64
Blue Reverie
Rank-and-file poster

Skane, you get a cookie for your amusing "speculation".

But does that mean Akiko is the one who perhaps has the best hold on Yuuichi's heart? Afterall, she has already fed him the most dangerous stuff in existance, if that isn't abuse what is?
Old 2006-11-04, 03:35   Link #65
DanielSong39

This episode... was a mess.

Did they pull 10 random scenes from the game and shuffle them together?

This series get one more chance - if there's no improvement, straight to the drop pile it goes.
Old 2006-11-04, 03:53   Link #66
Mentar
Banned

Daniel, I think you should leave right away ... doing both yourself and us a favor.

In the last episode we had alot of character development (especially centering Yuuichi) plot development (Makoto and most importantly the Mai link in the end), and it was delivered with alot of hilarious scenes, with good pacing. Also, there were tons of little clues sprinkled throughout the episode about Makoto, again in a very skillful way.

If you're so incompatible to the show that you consider all this a "mess", this one is not for you.
Old 2006-11-04, 03:59   Link #67
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Reverie View Post
Skane, you get a cookie for your amusing "speculation".

But does that mean Akiko is the one who perhaps has the best hold on Yuuichi's heart? Afterall, she has already fed him the most dangerous stuff in existance, if that isn't abuse what is?
There is a difference between physical abuse and poisoning.

Cheers.
Old 2006-11-04, 05:00   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I
The Following Consists Of Silly Speculation
Do Not Take Them Seriously, Or I Will Laugh At You

..) So what attracts Yuuichi to these girls? And what attracts the girls to Yuuichi? The answer? Violence and Food respectively.

Think about it. Ayu headbutts Yuuichi all the time, Makoto is constantly threatening his life, and Mai swings a sword around him. Man, he must have really been turned on by Mai's violent ramming of him into the school wall to make him ignore Nayuki and return to the school in the dead of the night just to give her some Onigiri. He constantly teases Ayu all the time, but you know he's just acting and secretly thinks she's hot for smashing her face into his body all the time. Makoto? Look at how tender he was when he tucked her into her bed. That washbasin smack to his face must have been a turning point in his opinion of her.

See? This is why Nayuki is constantly being ignored. She doesn't smack Yuuichi around enough. She needs to treat Yuuichi like how Louise treats Saito. Just one kick to his nuts and I guarantee you that even if the other girls dress up as Bunny-Girls or naked-apron Meidos, Yuuichi would be too blinded by love for Nayuki. Crush Yuuichi's balls for the sake of your love, Nayuki!

How about Shiori then? Too young, but she will serve nicely as an Imouto-chan for future servings. Yuuichi shall groom her first, before unleashing his S&M fetishes on her when she matures enough.

Okay, so we have established Yuuichi's reasons for being attracted to these girls. How does he win them over then?

It's simple. Bribery, through food.

He feeds Ayu Taiyaki, introduces Makoto to meat buns, and various foodstuff to Mai. This is also an extension of his S&M fetish, as he gets to play out the role of a servant serving food to his masters. The girls, violent as they are, must be thrilled by this servitude from Yuuichi. Just wait and see. He will be serving food to Shiori soon enough.

Do you see Yuuichi giving food to Nayuki? Again, no! Unleash the beast within you, Nayuki! Whip Yuuichi into submission!

Cheers!
quoted in case some misses this delightful peace of speculation ^_^
very funny skane they are all valid points...but you forgot 1 thing...where does akiko come in?
imo she can also be a potential lover of yuuichi

food? yep...the "Jam"
bashing yuuichi? also yep...in his sleep...

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-04, 08:47   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Bonus points for the "oni-chan" exchange between Shiori and Yuuichi ... embarrassment in both directions
Its not everyday that Yuuichi lands himself into one like that. I'd say the 'oni-chan' moment was his greatest defeat 'caused by him.
Old 2006-11-04, 11:45   Link #70
martino
makes no files now

ROLF. That scene with Makoto in the bath was just awesome! Yuichii trying to play the cool dude. I was surprised that Makoto didn't attack him as soon as he opened the door.

We still didn't get to see some of Mai's demon hunting. But well, they do have to stretch the series at some point.
Old 2006-11-04, 11:54   Link #71
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

--Ian.
Old 2006-11-04, 14:20   Link #72
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
An awesome episode...but yet episode 1 was the best. The comic parts are simply too good. This is scaring me simply because I m gettin too attatched to Makoto.
Spoiler:
Mmm, you better watch and see for yourself We don't want to spoil you now no? And you're right, Makoto's innocence somehow making me forget of how innocent Ayu was
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-11-04, 16:43   Link #73
Pakxenon
popcorn

I liked this episode, but the humor scenes in the beginning felt awkward by 1) Mai's strangeness (left the school too quickly) and 2) 15/30+ seconds before it settles (too long!). I also thought we were Mai-centric, but it looks like it's Makoto-centric (of course, all of you say their plots intertwine, so that's a good thing to hear). This episode does show that Yuuichi is one busy man!

Low Ayu/Uguu~ count = not good.
Old 2006-11-04, 16:43   Link #74
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-04, 20:03   Link #75
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

After watching it a few more times...

Spoiler for Makoto:

Yappari, Makoto wa ii onnanoko desu.

Kind of interesting how he figures out food and mai go together for communication in this one, compared to how he figured it out in 2k2.

And 2k6 Sayuri does pass.
Old 2006-11-04, 23:27   Link #76
Wrath88
Kissing...

Wow, this is really a memorable episode. I liked all the jokes, and Yuuichi was really smooth at handling all the girls, with the occasional break in his cool demeanour.

Nice touch with the new link between Makoto and Mai; looks really interesting.
Old 2006-11-04, 23:41   Link #77
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It's quite amusing on how Sayuri laugh. It's like soft and cute at the same time. And it's funny how she says Mai's name. It's like Mai with an "E" at the end.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-11-05, 00:17   Link #78
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
O yea, take a look @ these... (found these off the net)
Spoiler:
Just whipped this together. :3
Old 2006-11-05, 01:10   Link #79
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler:
Looking forward to it!

Its funny how this series is making me laugh out loud more than Sumomo is.. (I'm happy I saw plenty of Fang in this episode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
tons of little clues sprinkled throughout the episode about Makoto, again in a very skillful way.
I'm guessing "eat, sleep and lounge around all day" would be one of them?

Last edited by Lost; 2006-11-05 at 01:25.
Old 2006-11-05, 02:28   Link #80
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Too bad Sayuri doesn't seem to be one of the main characters. She certainly seems quite the lady, especially since she's another of of those girls who's about to hold a proper conversation with Yuuichi...I think.
Closed Thread