AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-17, 18:19   Link #23441
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Truly, is there anything more satisfying in this game than clearing a round of three enemies with a single Single Target NP chain (ie: BNPB)?
Old 2017-05-17, 19:02   Link #23442
Rasen

Demonic Boddhistava Kiara DOWN!

~4 hours and 243 turns later.

Well, I knew I was in it for the long haul with a team of Merlin, Merlin, Nightingale.

Her boots are really stupid-looking.

I canz finally get back to Exp card farming.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 19:05   Link #23443
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^You guys have too much time on your hands

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 19:45   Link #23444
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
^You guys have too much time on your hands
Fortunately, the game DOES keep track of your progress in a fight. So... an hour here, an hour there...
Old 2017-05-17, 20:39   Link #23445
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I get bored pretty fast if I keep fighting the same opponent for long periods of time. I don't have the patience for it.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 21:32   Link #23446
Cosmic Eagle
西の魔女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Demonic Boddhistava Kiara DOWN!

~4 hours and 243 turns later.

Well, I knew I was in it for the long haul with a team of Merlin, Merlin, Nightingale.

Her boots are really stupid-looking.

I canz finally get back to Exp card farming.

You play straight 4 hrs or you close the app and play on intervals whenever you touch your phone?

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 22:39   Link #23447
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I get bored pretty fast if I keep fighting the same opponent for long periods of time. I don't have the patience for it.
I think the real problem with long fights is keeping the tension up. At some point, you lose focus and mess up. (Ah, Digital Devil Saga's Demi-fiend boss fight....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You play straight 4 hrs or you close the app and play on intervals whenever you touch your phone?
Intervals. Life still happens after all.

Just combine them with some other activities: waiting for people, riding a train, watching the news...
Old 2017-05-18, 15:16   Link #23448
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Haven't messed with the event in a couple days now. Shop is cleared save for one Hakuno CE (it would be my 6th, since I got one to drop), and with the apparent nerf in drop numbers from the Lu Bu node, there's not as much of a point to farming it any more, since I've gotten several weeks of farming worth of Plumes and Crystals already. Been farming EXP fo raise less-used Servants and clearing their Strengthening Quests, and having an absolute blast on the latter. Hijikata is an incredibly fun Servant to use, almost a 5* Berserker Saberlot in usage. Just finished Eric Bloodaxe's second SQ and Hiji cleared the last battle by himself with a single BNPB chain, doing over 150k of damage to each enemy, just on a single usage of Waver, Merlin, and plugsuit buffs. The three 2030s in effect (LB on the support Merlin), as well as Hiji's own buffs and the fact that he was at 1HP before Merlin's Hero Creation, might have helped with that...
Old 2017-05-18, 21:59   Link #23449
Cicili

Woah, i can download the localized version of FGO at my place now. (Taiwan/HK/Macau area)

This is going to be a nice chance to read the story. And i'm curious if the game can be a hit in terms of sales here. It's something that hasn't been achieved by a Japanese game in this region yet.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 23:30   Link #23450
Cosmic Eagle
西の魔女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klard View Post
For me Emiya is amazing here he freaking save Melt from Kiara (or that what i know from spoiler)
Reached that end scene. IMO Melt is even more love with how she literally went back in time to ensure everything would turn out well

Also now turns out that BB opened an entire new round for the after event. 5 days to clear it. RIP me for farming so much instead of rushing through story

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 02:35   Link #23451
MartianMage

Did some testing with Gil's bond CE so I replayed Kiara this time fully debuffed kek...

The CE proc'd more than I thought it would but in the end I'm still unsure if it's worth more than just using Joint Recital. Ah finished it in 15 turns lol not bad for using an AoE archer I guess.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 13:37   Link #23452
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So, I finished today all my farming, and capped off the event with the Memorial Battle.

Overall, it was an alright event. The story was cool, the new classes open new possibilities for the game, and the shop was doable for F2P. I am thankful that we didn't need to farm for the final CE to limit break *has PTSD flashbacks to Join Recital*

The materials in the shop were okay too, but the lack of skill gems continues being annoying. My apple reserves had been hit hard, and the daily missions don't give out the quantity of skill gems I need.

The bad was honestly he farming. The grind wasn't difficult so much as it was exhausting. Didn't help with how the breakdown of enemies makes it hard to farm optimally while also making use of class advantage. And the event servant bonus I had weren't that great either so bleh.

The thing that killed me most inside was that I could have had Babbage half way into bond 9 this event, but I couldn't give up on the event bonus

Instead, I got this

And Passionlips is about to hit bond 6. Billy hit bond 6 during the event story/Raining/Tyrant Battles, I don't remember where exactly, and Jeanne Lilly is nearly there too.

For the Vs. Shiki match, I ended up using best Kohai to beat here in the end

The rate at which the death rate procs was crazy.

So, to sum up, it was an okay event. I already posted about how Caligula hit bond 10 here, and I'm pretty glad for that, even though I wish his bond CE wasn't Nero wank. But still glad I can now form an entire squad of max bond servants (even if it is really oddly balanced lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Did some testing with Gil's bond CE so I replayed Kiara this time fully debuffed kek...

The CE proc'd more than I thought it would but in the end I'm still unsure if it's worth more than just using Joint Recital. Ah finished it in 15 turns lol not bad for using an AoE archer I guess.
I have been experimenting a lot with Jing Ke's CE as well, since her's also has the same with the 30% chance to increase with each attack.

To be frank, very few of these Bond CE's are worth it for their effects sadly. I think only Emiya and Saber Alter's CE's might be the best because the effects they have a chance to proc is actually useful. Meanwhile, for Gil it is just better to give him a CE like JR or something to straight up increase his Crit damage, rather than having the chance to increase it.

The effect is just randomly activated, and even then, it is hard to manage to get it to be useful IMO.

I will give it this tho: I had a Jing Ke with a 5 Times death rate up (so I guess 50% up) and it was pretty great in killing bosses who weren't servants.

Still not exactly great, but pretty fun to use. I mostly got it because I like the servant and the CE art/lore anyways.

Caligula's on the other hand is pretty fun, with a buster focused team. I can't wait for the day I run Babbage/Passionlips/Caligula max bond all on a team with a support Merlin. I kinda want to try using Mystic Eyes of Distortion + 2 of these 20% up buster for maximum personal amusement too.
Old 2017-05-20, 04:53   Link #23453
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Thank you Moemura for your Gilgamesh. He helped me immensely against Ryougi Shiki. Only casualities of the fight were Merlin and Sanzou. Mashu is precious.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 14:25   Link #23454
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I rolled a bit, since maintenance gave quartz

Best thing was LB Heavenly Banquet. Meh.

Back to 75 Quartz now.
Old 2017-05-20, 14:31   Link #23455
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Thank you Moemura for your Gilgamesh. He helped me immensely against Ryougi Shiki. Only casualities of the fight were Merlin and Sanzou. Mashu is precious.
NP. I honestly just cheesed Ryogi by charging my NP with seals cause I was feeling lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I rolled a bit, since maintenance gave quartz

Best thing was LB Heavenly Banquet. Meh.

Back to 75 Quartz now.
Think of the swimsuits!
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2017-05-20, 14:43   Link #23456
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Think of the swimsuits!
I did, hence why I only rolled once!

It was just one last attempt for Melt. I guess me Quartz are safe till summer event or next EoR chapter.

I guess I'll go and try and level up Arthur now, since I'm 100% done with this event.
Old 2017-05-20, 18:13   Link #23457
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

And so the promotion for the US version begins...

The US "Master Recruitment Campaign" is live, with a certain number of likes on the official US Facebook page corresponding to a starting bonus once the game begins.
  • 10000 likes - Craft Essense "Beginning of the Journey"
  • 14000 likes - 6000 Friend Points
  • 16000 likes - 10x 4* Blaze of Wisdom (EXP)
  • 18000 likes - 5x 3* Hero Crystal: Sun Fou & 5x 3* Hero Crystal: Star Fou
  • 20000 likes - SR Saber Lily
  • 23000 likes - 5 SQ
  • 26000 likes - 10 SQ
  • 30000 likes - 15 SQ

A free ten-roll to start would be nice. Let's make it happen, guys.
Old 2017-05-20, 19:07   Link #23458
MartianMage

Are you sure that you get all 30 instead of just 15? I mean during JP twitter promotions we only get the highest amount and not the total. If you give players a free 30 they'd just be re-rolling til they get a 5* right off the start.
Old 2017-05-20, 19:41   Link #23459
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Are you sure that you get all 30 instead of just 15? I mean during JP twitter promotions we only get the highest amount and not the total. If you give players a free 30 they'd just be re-rolling til they get a 5* right off the start.
Getting the achieved reward and everything before seems to be the assumption. You don't think we'll forfeit Saber Lily once we get to 23k, do you? Five and ten Quartz are not round numbers when it comes to rolls, but thirty is the ultimate round number in that respect. It makes sense for an initial incentive to get people used to rolling ten-rolls rather than singles, as that's obviously what Aniplex and DW are going to want.
Old 2017-05-20, 19:44   Link #23460
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Getting the achieved reward and everything before seems to be the assumption. You don't think we'll forfeit Saber Lily once we get to 23k, do you? Five and ten Quartz are not round numbers when it comes to rolls, but thirty is the ultimate round number in that respect. It makes sense for an initial incentive to get people used to rolling ten-rolls rather than singles, as that's obviously what Aniplex and DW are going to want.
No, you don't forfeit saber lily but you forfeit the quartz just like how it is in JP twitter promotions where we get everything else save for quartz where only the final numbers matter and not the total.

Tags
android, fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon