Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-07-20, 06:41   Link #121
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
My gosh...someone please tell me that Satellizer went just a bit too far when she pulled out her weapon
Fair enough if the bitch had her ribs cracked and face smashed in but the "stab" just crossed the line O.o

Still love her though but this is extreme...something tells me that it will only just make me love her more (by pushing limit or whatnot).

Whaa...need more updates

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 07:24   Link #122
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, so this is the Bridget everyone was scared of...good reason.

Seriously, I'm not all that bothered by Satellizer stabbing her through - there are some people in life you just don't mess with like that. Everyone knew that she didn't liked to be touched but junior Miyabi crossed the line - once the line's crossed, all bets are off. If you manage to survive, don't push your luck in that manner again.

But another thing, I think these 'Nova' cells might give the girls an unhealthy boost in aggressiveness. I mean, I like my girls able to kick as much as as I can ( ), but whooo~
Old 2008-07-20, 08:10   Link #123
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

YEAH THIS IS WAT I CAN CALLL DEATH BY STABBING HAHAHA SERVES HERE RIGHT I JUST WISHED SHE DIED HAHAHAHHA

still too much bet hey anyone push over there limits would do that
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 08:50   Link #124
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Wow, so this is the Bridget everyone was scared of...good reason.

Seriously, I'm not all that bothered by Satellizer stabbing her through - there are some people in life you just don't mess with like that. Everyone knew that she didn't liked to be touched but junior Miyabi crossed the line - once the line's crossed, all bets are off. If you manage to survive, don't push your luck in that manner again.

But another thing, I think these 'Nova' cells might give the girls an unhealthy boost in aggressiveness. I mean, I like my girls able to kick as much as as I can ( ), but whooo~
'Unhealthy' is a pretty understatet term for describing that most girls seem to be unstable maniacs with some serious mental issues, guess i'm still horrified by chapter 4 . Another strange thing is that the 'classic' roles of gender are somewhat switched which on the other hand is a nice twist (I know it's not the first series to introduce that kind of thing).
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 11:50   Link #125
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I can understand the rationale behind stabbing the girl, though there's a good chance she acted more on impulse than rationally.

Bridget has no friends. Now that she's lost once, all kinds of punks are going to want a piece of her. And the bitch was going to really hurt her and the boy. She had to send a message that messing with her was still a terrible idea. If the worst they risk is a short trip to the infirmary, considering the benefits of defeating Bridget, it makes perfect sense to try. At least this way she shortened the list of potential opponents to those who were really ready to put their lives on the line.

You might say she's only made things worse by raising the stakes, but has she? It's not like she'd have been forgiven if she'd "merely" beaten the bitch, and hey, she was already nearly gang raped and disfigured. How much worse can it get?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 12:43   Link #126
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm kind of split on this one. On the one hand Satellizer's actions are a bit extreme, but I also think as Anh Minh here. That woman deserved even less that in my opinion.

But who's to say that after recovering that she'll try to seek revenge? Miyabi also realizes Aoi's potential, so perhaps her interest will only deepen after this. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be seeing Miyabi and her boy toys again.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 14:40   Link #127
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Miyabi will return - I'm sure of it. That kind of a wound will leave a deep scar on her body and I think we can agree that Miyabi is a pretty vain young lady. Heck, she couldn't stand that a lil freshman kid didn't want to be one of her Limiters. When she wakes up and sees that scar on her, she's going to flip.

And we totally forgot Aoi freezing not only a junior but negating a Freezing Field put down by 3 combined Limiters.

This new Junior has me a bit worried though (Ingrid Burnstein). Like Bridget is the prodigy of the Sophmore class, she's suppose to be the prodigy of the Junior class. Taking on a Nova without going into Pandora mode - is she that strong or was it that weak? Either way, she seems to be one to put discipline down and either she knows Bridget well, or she's pissed that Bridget 'attacked' a fellow Junior.

And Shiffon Fairchild... When she got serious, wow, Bridget flinched even though she was in 'berzerker rage'. Looks like Shiffon doesn't have a Limiter too - maybe she'll try to get 'Aoi-kun' to be her Limiter? Can be nothing wrong with that deal - she's really nice, pretty to boot, influential and I'm hoping she knows how to fight.
Old 2008-07-20, 15:35   Link #128
kujoe
from head to heel

I imagine that just like Satellizer, Ingrid has a berserker persona deep inside her. Is it just me, or is this manga starting to fill up with badass women? I assume those underclassmen are having one hell of a time.

There's that teacher too actually—the dark-haired one who was close to Aoi's sister when she was still alive. In the next chapter, she warns a detained Satellizer that she will personally face her if something were to happen to Aoi. Oneesan is not pleased.

Man, I imagine rivalries in this manga are just going to get more interesting.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 15:59   Link #129
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
And Shiffon Fairchild... When she got serious, wow, Bridget flinched even though she was in 'berzerker rage'. Looks like Shiffon doesn't have a Limiter too - maybe she'll try to get 'Aoi-kun' to be her Limiter? Can be nothing wrong with that deal - she's really nice, pretty to boot, influential and I'm hoping she knows how to fight.
Well...didn't Shiffon also say something like "pretty please with a cherry on top?"

Seriously though, she was shaking too

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 16:01   Link #130
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah. I think Bridget was already in the process of cooling down.
Old 2008-07-20, 16:57   Link #131
dosetsu

Pace stays the same pretty much, 2 volumes in, nothing has changed really. Like the majority of this author's manga, they tend to drag on.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 17:07   Link #132
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosetsu View Post
Pace stays the same pretty much, 2 volumes in, nothing has changed really. Like the majority of this author's manga, they tend to drag on.
Maybe I am the only one but i hope it's not just like there'll always be another even stronger girl that is even more badass trying to beat up Bridget and/or Aoi. I could use some change cause so far (up to chapter 4) this was almost the only plot device, i still have high hopes for this series.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:40   Link #133
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, Aoi is capable of physically freezing Bridget so he could have stopped it... (too bad he doesn't know it). Too bad he probably wasn't old enough to have his real sister train with him to do that sort of thing.

And I know about Shiffon...but she's honestly too cute for me to care that she was shaking. :P Bridget seems that she will respect authority if they respect her in turn, but they only treat her like some animal that needs to be on a leash.

And to have that dark-haired teacher as a real 'oneesan'...wow . I wonder if the teachers can link up with any of the student limiters or if they still have their old partners if the case arises.

And I kinda want to figure out what this entire 'freezing' thing is. It's not like it's the manipulation of gravity...is it condesing the air around the target to restrict movement...? Or is it just esper-like powahs at work here.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:12   Link #134
dosetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Maybe I am the only one but i hope it's not just like there'll always be another even stronger girl that is even more badass trying to beat up Bridget and/or Aoi. I could use some change cause so far (up to chapter 4) this was almost the only plot device, i still have high hopes for this series.
If I remember correctly, the rest of volume 1 and over half of volume 2 is just that.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 23:52   Link #135
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

dont worry there will be one but for now bear with it heheheh still it is a nice change of genre

im soo going to w8 for this!!!!!!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 03:52   Link #136
excelence

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
YEAH THIS IS WAT I CAN CALLL DEATH BY STABBING HAHAHA SERVES HERE RIGHT I JUST WISHED SHE DIED HAHAHAHHA

still too much bet hey anyone push over there limits would do that
how the hell she can survived that fatal strike? .... err my bad logic didn't work on comic
excelence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 05:01   Link #137
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Finally got to look into it, and pretty good so far, don't really get why only women are "Pandora", hope they explain it. Also, the structure of the series is a lot like Mai Otome.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 06:38   Link #138
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

This is how Mai Otome should have been - but no, Sunrise got to it... ;_;
Old 2008-07-21, 07:09   Link #139
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Finally got to look into it, and pretty good so far, don't really get why only women are "Pandora", hope they explain it. Also, the structure of the series is a lot like Mai Otome.
Hey I expected (especially) you to figure this one out: Fighting girls only = higher ecchi level

Quote:
And I kinda want to figure out what this entire 'freezing' thing is. It's not like it's the manipulation of gravity...is it condesing the air around the target to restrict movement...? Or is it just esper-like powahs at work here.
I'd say the latter, those series don't tend to be overly physically correct - it's just, excuse the term, 'magic'
Old 2008-07-21, 07:12   Link #140
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
This is how Mai Otome should have been - but no, Sunrise got to it... ;_;
Considering the omnipresence of balloon breasts in Freezing, I'm kinda glad Mai Otome was spared.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2008-07-21 at 14:59.

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen