AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-09, 22:25   Link #61
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

V11 life 3 has been completed on BT, i remember someone in the old thread said that Ise made a bunch of promises in this volume that he swore he wouldn't die before completing, and i can see why, every time a chapter is updated there are 1 or 2 more promises he makes and i'm thinking, DAMN that's alot of foreshadowing for his "temporary" death.
Old 2012-05-09, 23:31   Link #62
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I wouldn't say Rias was manipulating, bribing or buying off Ross. I see it as her giving Ross a job offer, because in a way, Ross got "fired" when Odin left her behind. Just so happened Rias saw Ross's potential as a piece under her command, and so far she's proven somewhat useful, But I'm sure after some development on Ross's part, she'll be even more useful than she would ever have been under Odin.
Old 2012-05-10, 22:52   Link #63
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I wouldn't say Rias was manipulating, bribing or buying off Ross. I see it as her giving Ross a job offer, because in a way, Ross got "fired" when Odin left her behind. Just so happened Rias saw Ross's potential as a piece under her command, and so far she's proven somewhat useful, But I'm sure after some development on Ross's part, she'll be even more useful than she would ever have been under Odin.
Good point. That may be it. To me it sound like she is bribing or buying off Ross.

Here 4 new topics to talk about

1 Issei is through out the LN has called himself weak where do you think this came from was it this also the Yuma incident or from when raizer call him weak and is Issei justified in think this ? , because in vol 9 he calls himself weak when his friends where defeted by the Hero Faction but by this time Ise was the strongest member in rias group and rias herself. It seems to me that every time his friends get beat or hurt he calls weak but in reality his comrades are the weak ones not him. Issei power has grown to the point that only Kiba can match him. And to make matters worse for him in the beginning and through out the LN many of his own comrades have called him weak pointed out more once. During his training in vol 2 Rias said it once and koneko once , and Azazel has pointed out his being weak and even Ddraig has said a few times plus some of his acquaintances. Some of his enemies have too but thats to expected from them. I think like the Yuma thing this has stuck to him and still with to this day.

2 Are the other club members in the right by putting all the blame on him when Issei makes Rias cry in vol 10.

3 We all know Issei is dense but the same can be said for Rias .
Asia, Akeno and the other girls notice Issei fear toward them at some point so could Rias not have notice this at all. The cause of his fear and Truma was Yuma. Rias was also someone who knew of this incident. So how could Rias the one who may love Issei the most and close to him not see that Issei look at the girls and may her with eyes full of fear and may still the painful memories of his first love Yuma in his heart.

4 Sona said to Ise that Saji was a little brother to her and because some of her servents like him she would never touch him because of it.

Isnt Sona and her servents and Saji in the same positions as Ise , Rias, and Asia.

Ise like Rias, Rias saw Ise as something of a little brother and Rias knew Asia loved Ise and by the end of vol 2 Rias made declaration of war to Asia for Ise.
Do you guys see sona doing someting Rias did IF she was to fall for saji and thats a big If.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-05-11 at 00:00.
Old 2012-05-11, 01:06   Link #64
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Good point. That may be it. To me it sound like she is bribing or buying off Ross.

Here 4 new topics to talk about

1 Issei is through out the LN has called himself weak where do you think this came from was it this also the Yuma incident or from when raizer call him weak and is Issei justified in think this ? , because in vol 9 he calls himself weak when his friends where defeted by the Hero Faction but by this time Ise was the strongest member in rias group and rias herself. It seems to me that every time his friends get beat or hurt he calls weak but in reality his comrades are the weak ones not him. Issei power has grown to the point that only Kiba can match him. And to make matters worse for him in the beginning and through out the LN many of his own comrades have called him weak pointed out more once. During his training in vol 2 Rias said it once and koneko once , and Azazel has pointed out his being weak and even Ddraig has said a few times plus some of his acquaintances. Some of his enemies have too but thats to expected from them. I think like the Yuma thing this has stuck to him and still with to this day.

2 Are the other club members in the right by putting all the blame on him when Issei makes Rias cry in vol 10.

3 We all know Issei is dense but the same can be said for Rias .
Asia, Akeno and the other girls notice Issei fear toward them at some point so could Rias not have notice this at all. The cause of his fear and Truma was Yuma. Rias was also someone who knew of this incident. So how could Rias the one who may love Issei the most and close to him not see that Issei look at the girls and may her with eyes full of fear and may still the painful memories of his first love Yuma in his heart.

4 Sona said to Ise that Saji was a little brother to her and because some of her servents like him she would never touch him because of it.

Isnt Sona and her servents and Saji in the same positions as Ise , Rias, and Asia.

Ise like Rias, Rias saw Ise as something of a little brother and Rias knew Asia loved Ise and by the end of vol 2 Rias made declaration of war to Asia for Ise.
Do you guys see sona doing someting Rias did IF she was to fall for saji and thats a big If.

1. Azazel calling Issei weak is sorta justified. Issei is weak by Azazel's standards. It wasn't until Trianna and CCQ came out that Issei can stand relatively even with Azazel and even then it would be in Azazel's favor.

Also the number of people calling him weak have decreased dramatically since his recent power ups. The Occult Club often acknowledges Issei's strength relative to their own strength and that's why they often leave the opposing teams strongest member to Issei. In fact in volume 11 Akeno and Rias both feel like their holding Issei back. Rias is regretful that she couldn't even take down a lion while Issei took down Sariaorg+lion. Akeno is in dismay that Issei can one shot a opponent she had immense trouble with.

Enenmies have also started respecting Issei's strength more after he unlocked Trianna and CCQ. The likes of Vali, Cao Cao and Sairaorg have also praised Issei's immense strength and have treated him as a serious threat. Given how immensely strong each of the three are that says something about Issei's strength and potential.

It's just that Issei's surprisingly modest about his strenght hence why he often looks down upon himself. Most of the time when he praises a opponents strength it usually means he could defeat them.

I'm nitpicking but Kiba isn't anywhere near Issei. Kiba couldn't damage Issei with BB and Issei could one shot Kiba. It's just that Kiba was faster and hence could avoid Issei's attacks. It basically comes down to a battle of endurance with Issei having the advantage. That's in BB. With Trianna and CCQ it would be a stomp. This may change with Kiba's recent power ups but given that Issei has taken both infinite and dream in his body I expect the gap to widen even more.

2. They are sorta justified in that Issei was being a idiot. He was purposely being ignorant during that time and hurt Rias's feelings.

3. Rias seems fairly perceptive but then again if she really knew about it then she would have already helped Issei earlier. Maybe Issei doesn't show the fear in his eyes around her?

4. Remember Saji is forever under Issei's heel. Whenever Saji takes a step forward Issei takes a rocket and flies forward. That's the difference between Issei and Saji right know. Saji lacks Issei's natural charm and also Issei's natural forwardness. Let's not even talk about the difference in power. He hasn't even seen a naked girl yet while Issei's groping breasts left and right. Saji's far slower then Issei in nearly everything. Therefore if Saji x Souna does happen expect it to be at the end of the series. Or maybe even after the end. It would likely be a boring romance but I don't exactly support Souna x Issei..................... Maybe Vali x Souna?
Old 2012-05-11, 02:18   Link #65
thunder123456

I don't know if this is the right thread but... is it possible that Zenovia's name is actually Zenobia the Warrior Queen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Zenobia

The "vi" and "bi" in japanese are pronounced the same after all.
Old 2012-05-11, 02:37   Link #66
zzhk
Summary Machine

It depends how official this image is:

Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-05-11, 02:38   Link #67
Awrya
U mad?

I'm agreeing with most of what you have written, but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
I'm nitpicking but Kiba isn't anywhere near Issei. Kiba couldn't damage Issei with BB and Issei could one shot Kiba. It's just that Kiba was faster and hence could avoid Issei's attacks. It basically comes down to a battle of endurance with Issei having the advantage. That's in BB. With Trianna and CCQ it would be a stomp. This may change with Kiba's recent power ups but given that Issei has taken both infinite and dream in his body I expect the gap to widen even more.
It is true Kiba couldn't damage Ise in BB in a spar, but it was only a spar, where Kiba used a normal holy-demonic sword. Ise can't keep up with Kiba, so for every punch he throws out Kiba hits him several times.

Part of Kiba's strength lies in his versatility, making a sword with the most useful property at the right time as well as exchanging them to confuse the enemy. If Kiba ever fought BB Ise seriously using swords with dragon slaying properties, he could simply wear out Ise slowly with Ise unable to hit back. At the very least, Kiba can evenly compete with BB Ise.
Old 2012-05-11, 02:43   Link #68
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
1. Azazel calling Issei weak is sorta justified. Issei is weak by Azazel's standards. It wasn't until Trianna and CCQ came out that Issei can stand relatively even with Azazel and even then it would be in Azazel's favor.
Yeah. For Azazel was normal, i mean he is pretty strong afterall.
Quote:
Also the number of people calling him weak have decreased dramatically since his recent power ups. The Occult Club often acknowledges Issei's strength relative to their own strength and that's why they often leave the opposing teams strongest member to Issei. In fact in volume 11 Akeno and Rias both feel like their holding Issei back. Rias is regretful that she couldn't even take down a lion while Issei took down Sariaorg+lion. Akeno is in dismay that Issei can one shot a opponent she had immense trouble with.
Agree with this one as well.And this explain why the girls try to become stronger as well. They not want to feel like this anymore and i'm sure this wish become even stronger because the event in vol 11 and 12.(then again this can be say for everyone in the Gremory group.
Quote:
Enenmies have also started respecting Issei's strength more after he unlocked Trianna and CCQ. The likes of Vali, Cao Cao and Sairaorg have also praised Issei's immense strength and have treated him as a serious threat. Given how immensely strong each of the three are that says something about Issei's strength and potential.

It's just that Issei's surprisingly modest about his strenght hence why he often looks down upon himself. Most of the time when he praises a opponents strength it usually means he could defeat them.

Agree with this. The only thing we really don't know (other the one you say about kiba with his new power up) it's what ise new body will give him.
Quote:
2. They are sorta justified in that Issei was being a idiot. He was purposely being ignorant during that time and hurt Rias's feelings.
Honestly i still think that both of them was a fault that time. But i do agree with what you say.
Quote:
3. Rias seems fairly perceptive but then again if she really knew about it then she would have already helped Issei earlier. Maybe Issei doesn't show the fear in his eyes around her?
Now that you say like this, i think so. If Rias see that fear in Ise eyes would probally try something. Knowing how important Rias is for him and how she can calm him(like the night before loki night ..if i remember right). She probally was the only one that Ise not show fear. He probally feel always safe or something like this.
Quote:
4. Remember Saji is forever under Issei's heel. Whenever Saji takes a step forward Issei takes a rocket and flies forward. That's the difference between Issei and Saji right know. Saji lacks Issei's natural charm and also Issei's natural forwardness. Let's not even talk about the difference in power. He hasn't even seen a naked girl yet while Issei's groping breasts left and right. Saji's far slower then Issei in nearly everything. Therefore if Saji x Souna does happen expect it to be at the end of the series. Or maybe even after the end. It would likely be a boring romance but I don't exactly support Souna x Issei..................... Maybe Vali x Souna?
About Saji I have to agree here. But who know what the author will do about this 2.But for now she don't love him. But just like him like a little brother. She was pretty clear on this point. For now it's only Saji to love her.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:30   Link #69
sky black swordman

Ok guys now Issei always calling himself why do think that is or when was this idea born? Was it born from the Yuma as well or was it when Raizer called him weak?
He still even as he grows stronger through out the LN he calls himself weak.
In vol 9 all his comrads fell to the Hero Faction but he alone stood showing that he was strong to fight the Hero faction but after his friends where defeted he calls himself weak but thats not true if he was weak why was he the only one who could still fight and the RG with raizer all the others fell and he did not even though at the time all the others where stronger and had more fight Exp then him.

And in my opinion Ise is not all to blame he was part of the problem we all know his reasons I dont need to state them . But Rias was also part it for not being clear with him on her feeling. Sure she let him see her naked, touch her and she kisses him a few time among other things but she never clearly states or says "I love you" or" I am in love with you "and when she wants him to call her by her name she mumbles what she wants , speaks in a weird way like in vol 4 life 3 or speaks so low she cant be heard and even if she does say it she plays it off by saying "no its nothing"or things like that.

On Rias not noticing Issei fear or truma i am not so sure about that.I mean even Asia notice this fear and that in Ise heart yuma was still there. Akeno and the other girls he may look at them with fear in his eyes. But why would he look at Asia with fear? Rias is like you said Log@ Rias is fairly perceptive so there is no way she could have not notice. But like i said before Rias is also dense but then again the only time i have seen her being dense was in vol 8 extra life when she fail to realise it her brother as maou red.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-05-11 at 04:01.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:40   Link #70
Soji

sky black swordman@ For Ise was all the thing you say + it's own personality.But it's not soo bad ,because this help him to be the way he is. Remember what cao_cao say? You get the point. This feeling that he have it's the one that help him to be always more ready that other people and not being too sure about his own power and become cocky.

About Rias it's not like she don't notice i get the feeling(after what log say) that Ise don't show that part to her. like i say remeber the nigth before the fight with Loki? Let's put this way...when you afraid of something yuo try to stay where you feel more safe right? I think this is RIas for him(other his feeling toward her).Let's just say that human mind it's a strange thingXD
Old 2012-05-11, 03:59   Link #71
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
sky black swordman@ For Ise was all the thing you say + it's own personality.But it's not soo bad ,because this help him to be the way he is. Remember what cao_cao say? You get the point. This feeling that he have it's the one that help him to be always more ready that other people and not being too sure about his own power and become cocky.

About Rias it's not like she don't notice i get the feeling(after what log say) that Ise don't show that part to her. like i say remeber the nigth before the fight with Loki? Let's put this way...when you afraid of something yuo try to stay where you feel more safe right? I think this is RIas for him(other his feeling toward her).Let's just say that human mind it's a strange thingXD
On the first thing i agree with Soji. Think about it now I like that he is that because it keeps him from being a cocky bastard like raizer.

But the thing I also said is why did Asia notice? I mean Why would Issei show eyes full fear to Asia ?
Old 2012-05-11, 04:05   Link #72
Soji

sky black swordman@ It's not something he do by his choice. Like I say ,human mind it's strange.It's just that instinctively he feel more safe with her(Rias).And that's why even if the trauma was there he don't show that kind of eyes with her. Mind you,this is what i think from what we know before vol 10 and vol 10.Honestly it's not something that you can use logic to understand.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:36   Link #73
sky black swordman

Quote:
sky black swordman@ It's not something he do by his choice. Like I say ,human mind it's strange.It's just that instinctively he feel more safe with her(Rias).And that's why even if the trauma was there he don't show that kind of eyes with her. Mind you,this is what i think from what we know before vol 10 and vol 10.Honestly it's not something that you can use logic to understand.
Thats true I agree with you Soji.
Old 2012-05-11, 14:19   Link #74
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

oh man..

GR is totally Yakuza... You cant look at him funny, and he controls your dreams.
Talk about an overpowered Gangster.
Old 2012-05-11, 14:26   Link #75
Soji

aigomorla@ Agree with you about this. And i thought ophis was haxXD Damn Gr how much hax you can be.
Old 2012-05-11, 14:28   Link #76
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@sky I think the fear may have been abit different for each girl, Rias i don't think he feared at all which is why she "may" not have noticed, Asia his biggest fear with her is being unable to protect her, this probably was interpreted by her as "he doesn't want me getting to close to him nor does he want to get much closer to me, cause if he fails to protect me he'll go into major despair", Akeno and Koneko i don't know how to describe it with words.
Old 2012-05-11, 14:34   Link #77
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
aigomorla@ Agree with you about this. And i thought ophis was haxXD Damn Gr how much hax you can be.
seriously...

GR is like a Yakuza.. and Opfus is a Oujou...

Also the way she was hitting the floor and telling ise "i am defeating GR" is just comedy.

Can u imagine a loli girl sitting on the ground going "EH" and just hitting it?

Also you guys notice.. the first half the story was a focus on Opfus + Chaos Brigade, and now its shifted to Ise and DxD's body?

I bet no one even conceived that notion ise would have GR's body.
The Idea of even getting GR's attention was a wishful dream according to tanamin.
And Ise breaks into the underworld under the songs of children with GR and his Body?

OH and:
Quote:
Hey hey!! If I didn't say oppai you won't recognize me!? They are still associating me with outrageous things!
Heavy forshaddowing of Ise being the Oppai God..
And if u think about it...
Only ise could pull off something crazy like talking to himself, and gifting himself from the future.
And it was done in a lot of stories which dealt with time travel, so i figure the author MIGHT try to throw it in here as well.
Old 2012-05-11, 14:44   Link #78
Kutra

aigomorla@ Opfus wasn't hitting the floor, she and Ise was on GR back.
Old 2012-05-11, 14:51   Link #79
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
aigomorla@ Opfus wasn't hitting the floor, she and Ise was on GR back.
were both correct... the floor was GR's back.
As i said her hitting the floor saying she is defeating GR was comedy.
Old 2012-05-11, 15:13   Link #80
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
were both correct... the floor was GR's back.
As i said her hitting the floor saying she is defeating GR was comedy.
Did n0m@n release another summary or is your info from chinese websites (which were translated from Chinese to English)?

Tags
harem, school life, shounen