Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-31, 19:43   Link #3764
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy-Magician View Post
Mrs. Miyanaga LOL.
Not likely. Even if she married in her teens, she'd STILL be past 35 in the present day. It doesn't add up, also you have to consider that the OLDEST pro is Hayarin, who is 28, and the mystery girl is likely in her age group, yeah...

Also the World #1 is likely not a Japanese player. Remember, despite her lack of recent activity Sukoya STILL holds the "undefeated in Japan" record, meaning she's peerless in the local scene.
Old 2013-07-31, 22:18   Link #3765
Arcorann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy-Magician View Post
Do you mean this part is a translation error or the translation for the start of regional tournament arc? If it's the latter it's unlikely as Nagano indeed have 58 schools participating.
In anime Mako explicitly said their region has 58 (Gojyuuu Hachi) schools participating which was less/around one third of bigger region like Osaka or Tokyo.
So far region that confirmed have less school than Nagano is Nara for Achiga, they only have 32.
Read my post again. What I said was that the translator gave Komaki's line as "Even though they come from a region with only 20 schools participating" when it should have been "Even if they came from a region with only 20 schools participating".

(Seeing as you can count the number of schools in each tournament yourself it'd be pretty hard to get that wrong.)
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 02:20   Link #3766
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcorann View Post
Read my post again. What I said was that the translator gave Komaki's line as "Even though they come from a region with only 20 schools participating" when it should have been "Even if they came from a region with only 20 schools participating".

(Seeing as you can count the number of schools in each tournament yourself it'd be pretty hard to get that wrong.)
So you're saying that the wrong part is the phrasing?
I thought you asked whether Komaki saying there's 20 schools participating for Nagano was a translation error or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Not likely. Even if she married in her teens, she'd STILL be past 35 in the present day. It doesn't add up, also you have to consider that the OLDEST pro is Hayarin, who is 28, and the mystery girl is likely in her age group, yeah...

Also the World #1 is likely not a Japanese player. Remember, despite her lack of recent activity Sukoya STILL holds the "undefeated in Japan" record, meaning she's peerless in the local scene.
Anoo... why did you quote me? It's someone else who commented she may be their mother... I just laugh as it's impossible due to age difference as you point out.
And you just repeated what I wrote in my previous post.
No offense just pointing out as it sounds like I am getting it wrong.
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 04:05   Link #3767
Marina2

@Fantasy-Magician

I guess you meant me LOL

I will admit that I didn't think much about the age difference when I said she maybe Saki's mother.
Old 2013-08-01, 05:08   Link #3768
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
@Fantasy-Magician

I guess you meant me LOL

I will admit that I didn't think much about the age difference when I said she maybe Saki's mother.
I am pretty much joking about it and we can always make a wild guess~ My theory the new girl is Miyanaga sister's aunt that much younger than their mother
It's just me who like everyone is related theory.
Old 2013-08-01, 08:39   Link #3769
yuu-nee

Maybe it could be the new girl was kouko fukuyo.
(• ̀ω•́ )✧
yuu-nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 09:02   Link #3770
John Smith

^Announcers aren't pros.

The only character that's appeared that matches the profile is Himematsu's sub-coach, Akasaka Ikuno. Although, she doesn't strike me as very main character-ish. On the plus side, the hair is a pretty good match and she does have her "mahjong player awakening theory" that might be behind Hayarin's idol image.

Although, I do think it's a new character.

Last edited by John Smith; 2013-08-01 at 09:13.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 09:13   Link #3771
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Leaks for the next chapter is out. And look Mako's match is going to take more than 1 chapter. Finally!

Spoiler for ...:
Spoiler for :
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 10:50   Link #3772
Serperior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Spoiler for :
It's the real thing. Hao is looking like Satoha. Her expression is very fierce.

Also, I'm liking Kiyosumi's reboot of being a badass. Mako has a serious expression this chapter.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 11:53   Link #3773
yuu-nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
^Announcers aren't pros.

The only character that's appeared that matches the profile is Himematsu's sub-coach, Akasaka Ikuno. Although, she doesn't strike me as very main character-ish. On the plus side, the hair is a pretty good match and she does have her "mahjong player awakening theory" that might be behind Hayarin's idol image.

Although, I do think it's a new character.
Haha I know. I just kidding #
yuu-nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 12:13   Link #3774
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Raws are out, boys and girls... you can find them on the usual place... gambatte~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, it's official.

Official title: Side story of -Saki- Shinohayu: The dawn of age.

Well, it seems king and I are in synch tonight.

The text written with our possible protagonist reads as Mou hitori no onna no ko no monogatari... which if I'm not mistaken translates to Another girl's story... or something to that meaning... does this mean we'll be getting a new character as our main protagonist for this side story?

Well it did say the dawn of age... could the story starts off from way before the pros of the likes of Kokaji? maybe our protagonist revolutionized the way majhong was being played... she could be the first one to manifest abilities in a majhong game... just like Kazuha performing high end skills for the first time in Freezing... the possibility of our protagonist to be Saki and Teru's mom is still out there... just speculating here...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 14:02   Link #3775
Sol Falling

Rather than raws, a scanlation of the preview from Yuri Project has been out since yesterday... The involvement of the mysterious other girl is indeed a rather big question right now, but the main plot of the spinoff has been revealed, namely the quarterfinals match involving the four now-pro players as we originally learned.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 16:45   Link #3776
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Rather than raws, a scanlation of the preview from Yuri Project has been out since yesterday... The involvement of the mysterious other girl is indeed a rather big question right now, but the main plot of the spinoff has been revealed, namely the quarterfinals match involving the four now-pro players as we originally learned.

What?!! I got only raws whilst others get a scanlation...

I was glad when I saw it had 24 pages... I was like YES!!! more pages at last... but then half of it was the preview for the side story... in any case, I just hope the mysterious girl is a Miyanaga or related to the Miyanagas or knows something about the Miyanagas... I would really appreciate it if it shed some light to the Miyanaga story... rather, we really need to get more info badly... I know some back stories from the pros will be interesting but it would be double the fun if we get some back stories from the pros and the Miyanagas, right? I know I'm not the only one who wants this... come now mysterious girl... be the hope that we have been waiting for all this time...

Edit...

Just read the one from Yuri Project... there's a big possibility that mysterious girl is either a classmate or schoolmate of Hayarin... their uniforms look the same... well probably Hayarin's wearing the summer uniform while mysterious girl is wearing the winter uniform... does this mean we'll be seeing much of Hayarin's boobies throughout the side story? Ritz really loves her boobs...

Last edited by tarajis; 2013-08-01 at 17:35.
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 20:56   Link #3777
Fantasy-Magician

We can always make a wild speculation and laugh when it come out riht~
It's a great start for the spin off at any rate... I am curious if the identity of this new girl...
I have a feeling if this girl become a pro, she would be the one who comment for final match.
But if this girl important enough to be part of this spin-off why she is not in that mahjong cafe? Coming late or maybe... who knows.
Old 2013-08-02, 03:37   Link #3778
Marina2

I wonder what kind of Mahjong are we going to see in this new spin-off?

A totally Magical Mahjong?? A Mahjong game where Yakuman are flying around like they are just Tanyao??? or A very Logical Mahjong?
Old 2013-08-02, 07:28   Link #3779
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I wonder what kind of Mahjong are we going to see in this new spin-off?

A totally Magical Mahjong?? A Mahjong game where Yakuman are flying around like they are just Tanyao??? or A very Logical Mahjong?
Kokaji is involved, so there'll be some totally mindbreaking mahjong, I can tell you that much, though it's hard to imagine her style being more overwhelming than Teru's.

Hm, I hadn't thought about it, but tarajis has a point. Since we seem to already know which future pros will be involved in the tournament, what could be the new girl's role? More fuel for speculation.
I know it's just my taste, but here's hoping she follows the Madoka/Mana/Hajime style of leading.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 07:38   Link #3780
Fantasy-Magician

Most probably the former... a magical mahjong~ The reason we love this show

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri