AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-06-18, 10:48   Link #21
demino_hellsin
That one guy

from what I read, Tsuchimikado is actually the "know it all". Or the brainiac. He's less a leader and more the liaison.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 14:54   Link #22
omegasereon

Can someone tell me where did s2 for anime ended at for the novels? I want to read the novels but I want to read it from where it continues after season 2.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 15:03   Link #23
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Season 2 ended at SS Volume 1, which takes place after volume 13.
Old 2013-07-07, 15:26   Link #24
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
It's on volume 19, IIRC in the Aztec girl's hospital room.

It seems GROUP have no official leader (maybe the person behind the phone can be), Tsuchimikado acts as a de facto leader.
I had always assumed that the person behind the phone calls was Shiokishi.

Also after watching Railgun S episode 13, it made me realize that Touma got into the Tokiwadai dorms fairly easily. So I guess my question is why the hell was it so much of a big issue in NT volume 7? Iirc this scene also occurred in the Index anime but I never read volume 3 so I can't comment on if it happened in the LNs as well (but I'am assuming it did).
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:01   Link #25
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeofgreed View Post

Also after watching Railgun S episode 13, it made me realize that Touma got into the Tokiwadai dorms fairly easily. So I guess my question is why the hell was it so much of a big issue in NT volume 7? Iirc this scene also occurred in the Index anime but I never read volume 3 so I can't comment on if it happened in the LNs as well (but I'am assuming it did).
There are two Tokiwadai dorms. One is in the normal Academy City which is where Misaka and Kuroko live, and the other is in the school garden. Touma was sent to the one in the school garden by Tsuchimikado in NT7.
Old 2013-07-07, 16:18   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeofgreed View Post

Since when did Kamijou go to that Tokiwadai dorm in NT Volume 7?

He was sent to the School Garden.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:20   Link #27
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
There are two Tokiwadai dorms. One is in the normal Academy City which is where Misaka and Kuroko live, and the other is in the school garden. Touma was sent to the one in the school garden by Tsuchimikado in NT7.
Thanks, Felt I should've known something that simple. I knew kamachi wouldn't make a mistake like that.
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:39   Link #28
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Ah right, I was remembering that wrong. Well either way there's no plot hole here.
Old 2013-07-07, 17:11   Link #29
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

Easy mistake to make. I'm not even sure it was Tokiwadai, the school's facilities, though I sure would like to think it was
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 16:40   Link #30
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

I don't remember if I asked about that before, but it seems the cover of 8 NT volume is gonna come out soon?
Old 2013-07-27, 21:16   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
I don't remember if I asked about that before, but it seems the cover of 8 NT volume is gonna come out soon?
Next month August.

Used to be on the 10th but recently it became earlier... Before that it was later...>_>;
Old 2013-07-28, 22:24   Link #32
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Next month August.

Used to be on the 10th but recently it became earlier... Before that it was later...>_>;
Serious question. Does reading the cover (especially after last time) actually tell us anything?
Old 2013-07-29, 00:05   Link #33
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Serious question. Does reading the cover (especially after last time) actually tell us anything?
Nope, unless Othinus is on the cover like that fake one or some other new character. Then the speculations will begin like what happened when Thor was on the cover.

On a more serious note:
Realistically, we will not get much from the cover especially if they want to keep the plot a mystery but based on the synopsis there's a chance that some GREMLIN members maybe on the cover. The cover really only tells us how the characters look like so there isn't much information there.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 00:27   Link #34
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
Nope, unless Othinus is on the cover like that fake one or some other new character. Then the speculations will begin like what happened when Thor was on the cover.

On a more serious note:
Realistically, we will not get much from the cover especially if they want to keep the plot a mystery but based on the synopsis there's a chance that some GREMLIN members maybe on the cover. The cover really only tells us how the characters look like so there isn't much information there.
Well I guess the cover is just a sign that Haimura is getting at least a little of his work done then Hmmm I hadn't started on Index yet I think when NT 4 came out... so I missed that feeling of speculation Cool thanks.
Old 2013-07-29, 07:30   Link #35
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Well we did learn that Thor would be in NT5 from the cover iirc.
Old 2013-08-02, 01:49   Link #36
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

For those of you who have read through NT 7, what genres would you say Index/raildex mainly covers?

If you can't list them, what genres do you think Index/raildex does cover?

Also, what do you guys think the main theme(s)/question(s)/point(s) in Index is/are, if there is one/are some?
Old 2013-08-02, 02:09   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Science Fiction, Fantasy, Occult, Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama.

The second one is hard because every volume tackles a different theme. I suppose if you want to talk about positive messages, the common ones are "Trust" and "Selflessness" and "Will to Act".
Old 2013-08-02, 04:57   Link #38
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Slice of life, harem, shoujo ai, yuri... oh wait...

Seriously though, Chaos has pretty much covered all of the genres. The story shifts between scifi, science fantasy, magical fantasy, history, religion and mythology themes/genres.

My own personal reading of the index franchise is that it is a story about the foundations and framework of supernatural abilities. Where do the powers come from? For what reason do they exist? In what direction are the powers evolving or moving towards? What steps should one take in order set up our found their own system or framework of supernatural powers? And particular to this series, how do two completely different systems of supernatural powers interact with each other? The goals of the most eccentric villains (Aleister, Fiamma, Othinus) always fall into this kind of thinking. The entire holistic esper plot line basically backs up my claims.

It is this rigorous and ridiculously well defined framework of supernatural powers among other things that make Index stand out among the other fantasy light novel and manga series, IMHO.
Old 2013-08-22, 12:14   Link #39
mjz57

Hey guys, I don't know if someone already asked that, but touma really died in the last volume????
it's something that has been bothering me for a long time, because isn't he the main character?? there's no way he miraculously survived?

thanks
mjz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 18:04   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He survived.

Tags
memories, q&a