AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2019-08-16, 13:22   Link #3621
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's quite obvious at this point that Zeke will change his opinion about his father, but will that really affect his plan to "euthanize" the Eldian people? I really hope it's not just because of daddy issues that he wants to bring to extinction a whole race.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 16:32   Link #3622
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 121:
Old 2019-09-04, 16:57   Link #3623
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

We haven't see what happen when Eren eat Grishia. I'm pretty sure there is more.
Old 2019-09-04, 17:29   Link #3624
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for 121:
Old 2019-09-04, 20:36   Link #3625
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 121:
This is some next level shit. These past few chapters have just been going deeper into the rabbit hole. Attack Titan's ability is appropriate for the theme of rebellion against the tyranny of the past. You'd think the nine titans would never oppose the founder from which they originated so this kinda reminds me of Amir Gaul from Kiba.
Old 2019-09-04, 21:08   Link #3626
GDB

It might be appropriate for the theme of the story, but unlike basically everyone else (except maybe the Warhammer Titan), his title does not match his ability in the slightest.

Though I guess we don't really know what the Female Titan's ability is either, other than having boobs. Everything she did has been shown to be trainable by other shifters. Maybe the "encase in crystal" thing?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 21:37   Link #3627
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It might be appropriate for the theme of the story, but unlike basically everyone else (except maybe the Warhammer Titan), his title does not match his ability in the slightest.

Though I guess we don't really know what the Female Titan's ability is either, other than having boobs. Everything she did has been shown to be trainable by other shifters. Maybe the "encase in crystal" thing?
Memory's a bit foggy but every titan ability so far has been an expansion of abilities they all have to some degree be like the Colossus Titan's ability to create steam or some unique form like being quadruped. The ability to transfer their power through paths transcending time and space is something all the titans have. Attack Titan has better use of it than most.
Old 2019-09-04, 23:00   Link #3628
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i forgot who owns the Attack Titan now, the story is so messy and confusing and i wish it can end asap.
Old 2019-09-05, 05:25   Link #3629
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Memory's a bit foggy but every titan ability so far has been an expansion of abilities they all have to some degree be like the Colossus Titan's ability to create steam or some unique form like being quadruped. The ability to transfer their power through paths transcending time and space is something all the titans have. Attack Titan has better use of it than most.
But what does it have to do with "Attack"?
Old 2019-09-05, 09:49   Link #3630
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

The Warhammer Titan could encase herself in crystal too, so that's not unique to her either. It really is just the boobs

As for the Attack Titan's name, let's remember the word "attack" isn't the proper translation of "shingeki", which IIRC is close to advancing/marching. In this way, it kind of makes sense, he's advancing with or against the flow of time, or something like that.
Old 2019-09-05, 13:10   Link #3631
bakato

Angry

Quote:
But what does it have to do with "Attack"?
The titans didn’t name themselves.

Quote:
The Warhammer Titan could encase herself in crystal too, so that's not unique to her either. It really is just the boobs

As for the Attack Titan's name, let's remember the word "attack" isn't the proper translation of "shingeki", which IIRC is close to advancing/marching. In this way, it kind of makes sense, he's advancing with or against the flow of time, or something like that.
Old 2019-09-08, 23:48   Link #3632
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't know if it can even be said that all of the 9 titans have unique powers, and their names anyway seem to be based more on their outlook than their powers, even though their outlook also depends on the body of the owner. Does the titan power always affect the outlook though? Eren sure didn't change a bit after eating the warhammer titan, Ymir was exactly the same before eating Marcel.

One can only wonder, what happens if a man eats the female titan?

Anyway, that Eren could see the future wasn't really a secret, I'm talking about the old Eren, the one Grisha ate. There's a scene where he even mentions Mikasa and Armin. Of course we knew that the present Eren could probably do the same, but we didn't know it was a power so unique that not even the founder possessed it and he wasn't aware of it.

Also is it really possible that Eren wants to eradicate every non Eldian on the planet? It really is hard to believe, but everything seems to point that way.

Old 2019-09-09, 10:09   Link #3633
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't know if it can even be said that all of the 9 titans have unique powers, and their names anyway seem to be based more on their outlook than their powers, even though their outlook also depends on the body of the owner. Does the titan power always affect the outlook though? Eren sure didn't change a bit after eating the warhammer titan, Ymir was exactly the same before eating Marcel.

One can only wonder, what happens if a man eats the female titan?
Ymir looked the same because she couldn't access the powers of the Jaw titan. Compatibility problems, I think they said? I assume that if a man ate the female titan, it'll end up the same, he'll just turn into a regular titan when he transforms.
Old 2019-09-10, 02:48   Link #3634
The Small One

Quote:
Also is it really possible that Eren wants to eradicate every non Eldian on the planet? It really is hard to believe, but everything seems to point that way.
IMHO the author is playing the "what is Eren's real goal"-game too long for now. It can only become a big disappointment when it's revealed after all this built-up suspense.

I wonder if the auther intended to make this chapter this confusing: So Eren choose his path, after accessing Grisha's memories of Eren's future, which Grisha got filtered by Eren… somehow this sounds like some crazy feedback problem which should make anybody crazy. I mean when we think about the other shifters: They have to carry the memories of their predecessors, which is already hard enough, but the Attack Titan also has the memories of the future, including his own memories of what's to come. In the end, Eren should already know if he's able to succeed or not.

I also wonder, at which point in the story Eren was able to access the memories and special powers of his Titan.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 08:12   Link #3635
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Ymir looked the same because she couldn't access the powers of the Jaw titan. Compatibility problems, I think they said? I assume that if a man ate the female titan, it'll end up the same, he'll just turn into a regular titan when he transforms.
I must have missed that, but I guess it would explain a few things. Though, is there a way to tell in advance if someone has this kind of incompatibility?

Can you imagine receiving the "honor" of becoming the next "X" titan after a heavy selection only to be told that you must get eaten right away because of "incompatibility issues"?

Regarding the name of the "attack titan", yes the actual japanese term "shingeki" means advancing, marching on, but it really has the meaning of "advancing in battle", you wouldn't really use it to say "advance in time". My guess is that it was named that way because it has a body type fit for fighting, especially since nobody is supposed to know about its actual power.

Old 2019-09-10, 11:15   Link #3636
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I must have missed that, but I guess it would explain a few things. Though, is there a way to tell in advance if someone has this kind of incompatibility?

Can you imagine receiving the "honor" of becoming the next "X" titan after a heavy selection only to be told that you must get eaten right away because of "incompatibility issues"?

Regarding the name of the "attack titan", yes the actual japanese term "shingeki" means advancing, marching on, but it really has the meaning of "advancing in battle", you wouldn't really use it to say "advance in time". My guess is that it was named that way because it has a body type fit for fighting, especially since nobody is supposed to know about its actual power.
I suppose there's a way to test it, or they would be taking too much risks. It seems like family members of a compatible person are more likely to be compatible as well. Marcel and Porco, Reiner and Gabi, the Tybur family, Eren and Grisha, and Colt and Falco even though those two weren't candidates for the same titan.

Come to think of it, I guess Armin lucked out. Instead of being the new colossal titan he could have been the manlet titan.
Old 2019-09-10, 12:19   Link #3637
GDB

I assume he'd still be Colossal, but if he had no compatibility his titan form would just collapse on itself due to not being able to sustain the weight or something.

I bet he's compatible solely because he had minor feelings for Annie or some nonsense like Berthold did.
Old 2019-09-10, 14:39   Link #3638
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

It's also possible - since holders of a given Titan influence each other through that connection - that they all have similar personalities. Especially holders of the Attack Titan, since the connection goes both ways in time. Maybe all holders of the Attack Titan were like Eren. Of course, Grisha, in the end, wasn't like that. But maybe it's just because Zeke's betrayal and what happened to his wife broke him. Everyone's got limits.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-04, 12:39   Link #3639
bastek66

Chapter is out on korean sites
Spoiler for 122:
Old 2019-10-04, 13:16   Link #3640
grecefar

damn that was a sick flashback, poor ymir.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote