Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-02-06, 19:51   Link #181
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
But then again to be able to cut something doesn't mean to be able to destroy. And that to say that anything can be cut would still be saying that you can slice the world in half. Oh heck, might as well just say the universe while you are at it.

But I will agree with your second sentence.
Well everyone has their own interpretation of what it means to cut anything in the world of One piece. Please do not blame me for saying it Blame the creator himself Oda.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 20:12   Link #182
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

And your interpretation happens to contradict itself. I don't remember Oda stating that the breath is complete absolute, especially when obviously that more than one person being able to use it would make this clear much less that Mihawk still isn't marked down as the strongest man in the world.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 21:34   Link #183
Phenomenal
Banned

Who said Mihawk is the strongest I specifically said it was a guess behind Whitbeard.

Who said, Oda said that the breath was complete and absolute? it was something that Oda said. I never mentioned it being absolute.
Old 2006-02-06, 21:42   Link #184
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Who said Mihawk is the strongest I specifically said it was a guess behind Whitbeard.
Not saying that you did. Just that you kept speaking of how absolute the breath is yet Mihawk still isn't considered the strongest man in the world. That much in itself such make it clear how knowing the breathe still doesn't make your combat ability absolute.
Quote:
Who said, Oda said that the breath was complete and absolute? it was something that Oda said. I never mentioned it being absolute.
You are the one who keeps saying that it's fact that the breath can be used to cut anything and you clearly haven't even voiced that there's a possibility that you are wrong.
Old 2006-02-06, 21:44   Link #185
Phenomenal
Banned

Neodrag it can't be wrong if it is in the manga.
Old 2006-02-06, 21:52   Link #186
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

So, if the manga SUGGESTS to you that the breath can cut though anything, but SAYS that Whitebeard is the strongest, then obviously the manga is right, and the breath does not cut through everything. If it could, then it could cut through Whitebeard, which would contradict the manga. So the breath cannot cut through everything.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 21:59   Link #187
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Neodrag it can't be wrong if it is in the manga.
And in the manga it has it that the type of person you say should be able to cut anything is still not the strongest man in the world. It remains that the breath was simply a breaking point that a swordsman is suppose to reach to gain more skill in terms of doing an attack like that of Zoro's pound cannon that ultimately leads to being able to slice through a ship with ease like Mihawk does rather than meaning that they can cut anything they want absolutely. You were the one who said that something was absolute and failed to ever say that your speculation on the topic of the breath wasn't absolute. The only one with an absolute opinion remains to be Oda; not your speculation what you think his opinion based on the title of an episode.
Old 2006-02-06, 22:03   Link #188
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
So, if the manga SUGGESTS to you that the breath can cut though anything, but SAYS that Whitebeard is the strongest, then obviously the manga is right, and the breath does not cut through everything. If it could, then it could cut through Whitebeard, which would contradict the manga. So the breath cannot cut through everything.
A sword can cut through anything it is a fact of the matter that Whitebeard won't allow himself to be cut. Whitebeard will kill everyone even the swordsman with the breath technique. Who the hell said they will be able to touch Whitebeard with the technique.

Illuyankas, you come in and out of the discussions and you keep saying things that hold no water Whitebeard is the strongest man in the world, it was never stated that the breath technique was the strongest because it allows the swordsman to cut through anything. When someone is the strongest in the world of One Piece that character is above every power and every character.

Please be consistent Illuyankas, or i will ignore you.
Old 2006-02-06, 22:24   Link #189
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
A sword can cut through anything it is a fact of the matter that Whitebeard won't allow himself to be cut. Whitebeard will kill everyone even the swordsman with the breath technique. Who the hell said they will be able to touch Whitebeard with the technique.
Again, you are the one who put down that with the breathe the swordsman can cut anything they want. You were the one who said it; not I. You are still contradicting yourself.

We still have it that the breathe clearly isn't absolute since then at that point One Piece would be a pretty pointless show a bit in terms of combat. You still haven't really explained how exactly are you gonna harm something composed of a singular element that can change their form from being that of flesh and blood to something that already is more fragmented than you would have with simply that of trying to slice than in half.

It remains that only physical objects have been shown to be affected much less that the breathe doesn't really seem to be something that is suppose to be absolute but simply a place that needs to be passed through to do the things that Zoro and Mihawk at the current moment can do.

Really, you do realize that you put down "anything" multiple times in your post yet Whitebeard seems to be an exception. You have an interesting definition of anything that definently wouldn't exist in a dictionary.
Old 2006-02-06, 22:25   Link #190
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

The Phenomenol; So, you're saying the breath can cut through everything except Whitebeard? Then it can't cut through everything. It must have limits to what it can cut. Without limits you can say that people can cut through metal, diamond, planets, even the universe as neodrag said, cut anything in existence except one mortal man, made of flesh and blood, and you would be right, according to you.

And if you're thinking that he can dodge it, let's say that a load of swordsmen are attacking his ship, aiming their attacks like a grid of unstoppable cuts towards him, with no space to slip between them. He'd be diced! And I'm sure there are other ways to defeat him using that (while he's asleep, for instance) too.
Which is why it can't cut through everything, because that goes against the manga.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 00:04   Link #191
Phenomenal
Banned

You guys like too hear yourself talk and it is about non sense.

Neodrag, once again you do not understand everything can be cut even your precious lightning. Neodrag explain to me how can Blueno kick the air and is able to float without a devil fruit power? You seem to not understand it does not matter what form you are in if anyone's physicals skills is powerful enough it can be done. Just because someone has a logia power to turn into an element does not mean that it can be surpassed by physical nature. A character's speed can surpass the speed of lighting. Hell Blueno is kicking the air and that is not even close to being in a Physical form please explain that Neodrag.

Illuyankas, this is the second time you said something without thinking.

First No Swordsman in One Piece has the devilish Power like DBZ to cut the planet so please stop being ignorant with that remark.

Second, Whitebeard is the Strongest Man in One Piece and can not be defeated or cut by the Breath technique because Zoro clealry states that after that he senses the breath "All that is left is to see if I truly have the power to cut steel." So even if he knew this he still couldn't cut Whitbeard or the planet because he simply does not posses the power.

Third even if Whitebeard was ambushed he would pimp everyone trying to ambush him. "The Strongest Man In The World" He is above everything any law, power, logia power he simply is the Best. Period

Illuyankas, please think before you speak even though you and Neodrag can't even think outside the little box that you too are in is just simple minded thinking. Please have some imagination and think outside the box.
Old 2006-02-07, 00:18   Link #192
Slayerx

Why does it even matter if Mihawk can cut lightning or not... i mean, even if he can cut it, who the hell says that it would kill Enel, i mean, he would just break apart for a second and then reform...

The real question is if Mihawk could score a hit against Enel or not... Logia users breaking apart is not a passive ability, they have to consiously use it... if a logia user is hit and doesn't counsiously use it, then he's gonna take actual physical damage... just like how Smoker and Ace felt the damage from when Luffy flew into them in that bar, in the the town near Alabasta... they didn't see it coming and they took damage because of it

This is why the fight between Enel and Mihawk is questionable... The pros that Enel have are that he moves at lightning speed and he has his Mantra... Because of his powers and his Mantra, scoring a hit on Enel would be nearly impossible since he would always be ready to break himself apart... Can't really see how Mihawk could attack without Enel realizing he was in danger... i mean, the only reason Luffy was able to do it was because of the fact that he was made of rubber, so simply breaking himself apart didn't work... As long as Enel knows that Mihawk intends to attack him, all of Mihawk's attacks would pass right through

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-02-07 at 00:30.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 00:30   Link #193
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
You guys like too hear yourself talk and it is about non sense.

Neodrag, once again you do not understand everything can be cut even your precious lightning. Neodrag explain to me how can Blueno kick the air and is able to float without a devil fruit power? You seem to not understand it does not matter what form you are in if anyone's physicals skills is powerful enough it can be done. Just because someone has a logia power to turn into an element does not mean that it can be surpassed by physical nature. A character's speed can surpass the speed of lighting. Hell Blueno is kicking the air and that is not even close to being in a Physical form please explain that Neodrag.
Dude, you still contradicted yourself when you said that everything can be cut yet say that Whitebeard is an exception. It remains that the word "anything" has the obvious definition that notes an absolute. So please would you move past simply talking about physics not existing in One Piece when you haven't even gotten past your own contradiction.
Quote:
Illuyankas, this is the second time you said something without thinking.

First No Swordsman in One Piece has the devilish Power like DBZ to cut the planet so please stop being ignorant with that remark.
But you said that with the breathe a swordsman can cut through anything. You do know what anything means right? We weren't the ones claiming that something was absolute and when someone comes at you with your own logic you argue against it anyway. Just admit that all you are capable of doing is saying that you are right without even being consistent with your opinion.
Quote:
Second, Whitebeard is the Strongest Man in One Piece and can not be defeated or cut by the Breath technique because Zoro clealry states that after that he senses the breath "All that is left is to see if I truly have the power to cut steel." So even if he knew this he still couldn't cut Whitbeard or the planet because he simply does not posses the power.
Power? I'm sorry but what makes you think that he should have the power to hurt a logia user with the breath? You still aren't making any sense. Slayerx post at the moment also makes it clear that you still really haven't explained how cutting lightning would even do anything. I suggest you try to keep up in the argument since the matter of cutting or not being able to cut lightning still results in Slayerx and I feeling that it wouldn't really do much good anyway.
Quote:
Illuyankas, please think before you speak even though you and Neodrag can't even think outside the little box that you too are in is just simple minded thinking. Please have some imagination and think outside the box.
Instead of simply trying to insult people why don't you actually come at us with a consistent opinion where you don't argue against your own logic and back again.

If you consider thinking outside the box to be contradicting your own argument you practically are saying that thinking outside of the box means not making any sense at all.
Old 2006-02-07, 00:35   Link #194
Phenomenal
Banned

You guys simply do not understand. Neodrag you keep avoiding my questions I will not answer your questions until you answer mine about Blueno.
Old 2006-02-07, 00:40   Link #195
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

No, it's just simply that we aren't willing to jump to conclusions and contradict ourselves. You made multiple post where you claimed that the breath can be used to cut anything including steal, lightning, etc. Clearly the "anything" and "etc" points to your comment on the breath being an absolute. Yet when faced with your logic then you decided to change your mind. Your point of thinking that a logia user in their elemental form can be cut and killed with the breathe remains the same but how you try to support it falls like a deck of cards near an open window.

And on your question of Blueno it already was explained by him how they were able to use getsupou. The move still isn't completely free of that of logic since they clearly aren't flying fry indefinently from the effects of gravity. A weird move that is apart of their six form style yet clearly still has its limits. While you are claiming that something is suppose to be effective on ANYTHING yet change your mind when someone reminds you what the word ANYTHING means.

It remains that you were claiming something you speculated to be absolute fact yet you aren't even willing to stick to it.
Old 2006-02-07, 00:49   Link #196
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
No, it's just simply that we aren't willing to jump to conclusions and contradict ourselves. You made multiple post where you claimed that the breath can be used to cut anything including steal, lightning, etc. Yet when faced with your logic then you decided to change your mind. Your point of thinking that a logia user in their elemental form can be cut and killed with the breathe remains the same but how you try to support it falls like a deck of cards near an open window.
Exactly those questions prove that you guys are wrong all together things that happen in One Piece are unexplainable. Just like the cuting lightning and harming Ener situation is unexplainable. Just know that it can be done. So You did not answer my question so I do not answer yours. When you can not explain something to me or answer one of my questions. That means that you simply dodged a serious question.

Neodrag your like a Candle Light one blow and your out!!
Old 2006-02-07, 00:56   Link #197
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Exactly those questions prove that you guys are wrong all together things that happen in One Piece are unexplainable.
I think you are going to have to rephrase that sentence of yours since you haven't proven anything, much less that your grammar is a bit odd.
Quote:
Just like the cuting lightning and harming Ener situation is unexplainable. Just know that it can be done. So You did not answer my question so I do not answer yours. When you can not explain something to me or answer one of my questions. That means that you simply dodged a serious question.
Serious question how? I already just answered your question about getsupou in which it's a strange techniqe where they use the power of their leg strength gained through training to jump in midair yet of course they still are limited by gravity. They don't actually fly much less only go up. So they are still restricted in what they can do.

But really, I would still like you to answer a question that clearly is more important when you claim that the breathe can be used to cut anything without noting any exceptions until someone made clear to you that using "anything" and "etc" notes an absolute. You didn't say that there were any limits on what the breathe could cut yet just recently you are contradicting that. So please just admit that you actually put up an argument against yourself.
Quote:
Neodrag your like a Candle Light one blow and your out!!
How so? I'm not the one contradicting myself. I see you enjoy patting yourself on the back over not accomplishing something.

And even your choice of "wit" doesn't exactly work since it isn't an absolute that a candle will out with just one blow. So I suggest you actually take your time to think of a response.
Old 2006-02-07, 01:02   Link #198
Phenomenal
Banned

Why would Mihawk need anything to cut lightning, besides skill? In the OPverse, you don't need Devil Fruit to do supernatural stuff, pure skill works fine as well. Look at Zoro. He cuts through whatever he wants just fine, but his sword passes straight through whatever he doesn't want to cut. It's as impossible as cutting lightning. Yet he does it without any Devil Fruit Power.

And Mihawk > Zoro.

Mihawk cutting lightning without Devil Fruit Power, isn't "impossible" at all.

And floating in the air is not being restricted, without any true explanation on how a normal human is doing this.
Old 2006-02-07, 01:09   Link #199
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Why would Mihawk need anything to cut lightning, besides skill? In the OPverse, you don't need Devil Fruit to do supernatural stuff, pure skill works fine as well. Look at Zoro. He cuts through whatever he wants just fine, but his sword passes straight through whatever he doesn't want to cut. It's as impossible as cutting lightning. Yet he does it without any Devil Fruit Power.
And you forget that we were discussing the subject of the breathe's limits. You still claimed that the breathe has no limit yet now just seemed to have changed your mind. You pretty much started off making one opinion and changing it to another in a rush to stick to a belief.

And you still keep having a fixation on just simply the action of cutting when Slayerx and I are more engrossed with the result afterwards.
Quote:
And Mihawk > Zoro.
Stating the obvious and well known gets you nowhere.
Quote:
Mihawk cutting lightning without Devil Fruit Power, isn't "impossible" at all.
Didn't use the phrase impossible and made it clear more than once that my opinion is based on what we have now so it should be clear that if you actually have been reading all of my post that my opinion on the subject of the breathe wasn't voiced in an absolute. Putting down an opinion in an absolute usually leads to you getting egg on your face later on which is pretty much what you did.
Old 2006-02-07, 01:15   Link #200
Phenomenal
Banned

Oda says it I am going to stick with it. "In this world there are swordsman who can cut nothing, However those same swordsman can cut steel or whatever else they want."

You can argue with that.