Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-22, 10:37   Link #1101
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Renjo View Post
Volume 4 is so sweet :3

I heard that Skythewood possibly doesn't translate next volumes, is it right? Or is there any translator who will continue the translation? D=
There is no new translator. For now anon tl-kun doesn't plan to translate vol 5. Well originaly he only plan to translate to vol 4 but I/we hope he will be back to translate vol 5.

Vol 5 is already translated in Chinese right? Vol 6 too?
Old 2013-11-22, 11:00   Link #1102
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There is no new translator. For now anon tl-kun doesn't plan to translate vol 5. Well originaly he only plan to translate to vol 4 but I/we hope he will be back to translate vol 5.
i think a small donation form everyone through paypal might nudge TL-kun to translate v5.

Quote:
Vol 5 is already translated in Chinese right? Vol 6 too?
vol5 only. i haven't seen vol6 anywhere.
Old 2013-11-22, 11:57   Link #1103
tsunade666

TL-anon-kun translates from Chinese to English which is why I ask if vol 5 and 6 is translated.
Old 2013-11-22, 12:36   Link #1104
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Spoiler for Story:

Huh....that would sort things out nicely. Although
Spoiler for About 3rd girl:
Occulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 14:51   Link #1105
rcaladlr

Some anon is willing to Commission an entire volume. He must be desperate.

I honestly wanted to see more adventures with Shiro, Akatsuki, Naotsugu and Nyanta or at least some skirmishes where the 4 of them are together but....

Spoiler for Vol 5 & 6 spoilers:
rcaladlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 15:35   Link #1106
J4n1

Gief filler, we need more slice of life.
Especially if it's about the Berserker and the lazy princess, seriously, those two are awesome together.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 15:58   Link #1107
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Gief filler, we need more slice of life.
that would the c1-2 of vol5.
Old 2013-11-22, 16:12   Link #1108
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Renjo View Post
Volume 4 is so sweet :3

I heard that Skythewood possibly doesn't translate next volumes, is it right? Or is there any translator who will continue the translation? D=
Skythewood isn't the translator, simply another anon that was given permission by TL-san to put it on the pastebin.

And speaking of Krusty ((Krab)) and Raynesia (referring to J4n1's post) ...

Spoiler:

This is unrelated, but I sooo want an OVA for West Wind Brigade or some (fighting) appearances in the episodes~~!!
Spoiler for WWB's involvement with Hamelin:
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 18:52   Link #1109
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
This is unrelated, but I sooo want an OVA for West Wind Brigade or some (fighting) appearances in the episodes~~!!
Spoiler for WWB's involvement with Hamelin:
Speaking of PK guilds, does Elder Tales have a PvP system, like a lot of popular MMOs these days (FFXIV doesn't have any yet, but I believe it's being planned.) Or is PvP solely the domain of griefers and gankers in the game? Although it could be understandable that Elder Tales doesn't have PvP, things really get messy due to that. I wouldn't want to imagine the relationship they would have had with the People of the Land; such as people wiping out entire towns just to attract the opposite faction to fight while it was a game, and having to deal with the face-to-face consequences after the Apocalypse.

Spoiler for Response to WWB:
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 19:09   Link #1110
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Of course it does. Otherwise those gankers wouldn't exist in the first place. No MMO with PvP is solely the domain of griefers and gankers in the game, it's just that Japan has an entirely different outlook on PvP. To many of them, PvP itself is something shady, hence all the PvPers being evil.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 19:27   Link #1111
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Spoiler for Response to WWB:
Spoiler for For WWB Spoilers:
Old 2013-11-22, 19:38   Link #1112
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Of course it does. Otherwise those gankers wouldn't exist in the first place. No MMO with PvP is solely the domain of griefers and gankers in the game, it's just that Japan has an entirely different outlook on PvP. To many of them, PvP itself is something shady, hence all the PvPers being evil.
But what is it though? I'm curious, did Mamare say anything about it yet?
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 19:39   Link #1113
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Skythewood isn't the translator, simply another anon that was given permission by TL-san to put it on the pastebin.
Wait, if that's so, then why is his paypal account linked with skythewood@gmail.com?
Old 2013-11-22, 19:53   Link #1114
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
Wait, if that's so, then why is his paypal account linked with skythewood@gmail.com?
The TL's? The TL doesn't have anything to do with distribution, I believe, he simply puts it on /a/ and lets Skythewood distribute it. I don't recollect him giving out a Paypal account.

Or I'm confusing the novel TL and the WWB TL with each other. (I think the WWB TL created a MediaFire for his scans himself, though, but I'm not sure.)
Old 2013-11-22, 20:01   Link #1115
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
The TL's? The TL doesn't have anything to do with distribution, I believe, he simply puts it on /a/ and lets Skythewood distribute it. I don't recollect him giving out a Paypal account.

Or I'm confusing the novel TL and the WWB TL with each other. (I think the WWB TL created a MediaFire for his scans himself, though, but I'm not sure.)
This is the last section on the pastebin in book 4 chapter 5:

"Book 4 ends.

No plans to do book 5 yet, thank you for your support over the past month!
paypal account: skythewood@gmail.com"

http://pastebin.com/VRvaz4XH
Old 2013-11-22, 20:10   Link #1116
DQueenie13

Quote:
This is the last section on the pastebin in book 4 chapter 5:

"Book 4 ends.

No plans to do book 5 yet, thank you for your support over the past month!
paypal account: skythewood@gmail.com"

http://pastebin.com/VRvaz4XH
From the TL himself: "Nah not me. I don't have an account anywhere, but I gave ok to some who asked me if they could upload it."
Old 2013-11-22, 20:51   Link #1117
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Wow, so that paypal account isn't the translator's? I really hope I'm just misunderstanding something because if I am not, then that would be extremely...upsetting.

Last edited by Occulus; 2013-11-22 at 21:22.
Old 2013-11-22, 21:09   Link #1118
rcaladlr

Quote:
Wow, so that paypal account isn't the translator's? I really hope I'm just misunderstanding something because if I am not, then that would be extremely...upsetting for me.
I'm afraid your fears might be correct. skythewood is just the guy with the pastebin.

TL-kun doesn't even use a trip on /a/
rcaladlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 23:04   Link #1119
Xacual

He posted an ignore this. Skythewood is TL anon. There was quite a few times stuff would show up on the pastebin before it showed up on /a/. There were other pastebins of people editing his translations but that stopped after a while.

It was back in one of the first translation threads. TL anon said he was going to stop translation for a bit and set up a pastebin. That was the one he gave.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 23:10   Link #1120
tsunade666

If I remember it right when vol 2 was being translated. It was the debate when log horizon was going to be put in BT. TL-kun doesn't want to make an account in BT or join it so he just said that someone just make an account and use the username skythewood to paste it there. He doesn't care on what was done on the translation he made and doesn't want to join BT just to make log horizon an official work(because you need to register to approve the project)

I think TL-kun is the one with pastebin. He usually starts the thread with it though not sure but pastebin is usually not the edited version. There is another pastebin when vol 2 is being translated. That version is the edited version.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers