AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 16:27   Link #561
Deryns

Klan now that Michel is gone.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:02   Link #562
Westlo
Lets be reality

Pink chan posted the Newtype, Animedia, Animage poll results from the last 2 months. Newtype has male and female sections the other 2 mags just do one poll for both.

Newtype September

#2 Alto (#3 the prior month)
#3 Ranka (#7 the prior month)
#6 Sheryl (#4 the prior month)

Newtype October

#2 Alto
#3 Ranka
#4 Sheryl

Animage September

#5 Alto (127 votes)
#6 Ranka (122 votes)
#23 Sheryl (55 votes)

Animage October

#9 Alto (102 votes)
#12 Ranka (99 votes)
#14 Sheryl (96 votes)

Animedia September

#27 Ranka (41 votes)
#28 Alto (39 votes)
#28 Sheryl (39 votes)

Animedia October

#12 Ranka (50 votes)
#15 Alto (43 votes)
#17 Sheryl (41 votes)
Old 2008-09-14, 11:13   Link #563
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Pink chan posted the Newtype, Animedia, Animage poll results from the last 2 months. Newtype has male and female sections the other 2 mags just do one poll for both.

Newtype September

#2 Alto (#3 the prior month)
#3 Ranka (#7 the prior month)
#6 Sheryl (#4 the prior month)

Newtype October

#2 Alto
#3 Ranka
#4 Sheryl

Animage September

#5 Alto (127 votes)
#6 Ranka (122 votes)
#23 Sheryl (55 votes)

Animage October

#9 Alto (102 votes)
#12 Ranka (99 votes)
#14 Sheryl (96 votes)

Animedia September

#27 Ranka (41 votes)
#28 Alto (39 votes)
#28 Sheryl (39 votes)

Animedia October

#12 Ranka (50 votes)
#15 Alto (43 votes)
#17 Sheryl (41 votes)
ouch the macross chars keep going down.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:26   Link #564
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
ouch the macross chars keep going down.
Because older people (those who can stay late and watch showings at 1am) usually do not read those magazines. The target audiences of those magazines are mostly teenagers and moe otakus. Who gets on top of their votes? The uber cool-person-with-superpowers-capable-of-altering-major-events-single-handed or moe. I'd actually feel uncomfortable to read them.

In other words, its amazing enough that Sheryl made it on the list!

Unfortunately for their target audience, Macross is not a moe show, and its characters are more human than most.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-09-14 at 11:37.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:39   Link #565
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Because older people (those who can stay late and watch showings at 1am) usually do not read those magazines. The target audiences of those magazines are mostly teenagers and moe otakus. Who gets on top of their votes? The uber cool-person-with-superpowers-capable-of-altering-major-events-single-handed or moe. I'd actually feel uncomfortable to read them.

Unfortunately for their target audience, Macross is not a moe show, and its characters are more human than most.

- Tak
And not only that. Japanese market is overthrown with moe materials. Sadly, the quality of anime is rapidly droping. During the course of the last years, series that promote different kinds of characters along with unique stories get little to no audience. This lack of popularity fuels the growth of shows that please people the most. Wasn't it Hideaki Anno who said that he would destroy japanese anime market? I guess the drop was eveident even in the 90's.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-14, 11:40   Link #566
Wesley84

I'd say kids are smarter than I thought, but they're apparently buying into Alto's bullshit, so...
Old 2008-09-14, 11:43   Link #567
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
This lack of popularity fuels the growth of shows that please people the most. Wasn't it Hideaki Anno who said that he would destroy japanese anime market? I guess the drop was eveident even in the 90's.
Its actually quite the opposite really. In the past, there was not enough anime shows to focus on the adult population, but the trend is changing for a while now (along with the associated merchandise... etc, Ex. the expert gunpla modelers are usually in their late 20s and above). Unfortunately, while there are magazines targeting at the teenage audiences, there are few aimed at the adult population.

Then again, one should take the internet into account. The votes on Animedia or Animage do not exceed 150 votes, meaning that very few bothered to participate. But if we take the internet into consideration, you will see the gap between Sheryl and Ranka to exceed perhaps 300, 500, or even more as thousands of people participate.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:54   Link #568
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Its actually quite the opposite really. In the past, there was not enough anime shows to focus on the adult population, but the trend is changing for a while now (along with the associated merchandise... etc, Ex. the expert gunpla modelers are usually in their late 20s and above). Unfortunately, while there are magazines targeting at the teenage audiences, there are few aimed at the adult population.

- Tak
I take your word on that Tak. But I guess you are right. You have to fish for good series, wait patiently for better ones and finally, have a lot of luck to be presented with masterpieces. Said as an older viewer.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-14, 12:35   Link #569
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
I take your word on that Tak. But I guess you are right. You have to fish for good series, wait patiently for better ones and finally, have a lot of luck to be presented with masterpieces. Said as an older viewer.
Take for example, there are shows like Blassreiter, and other adult oriented programs.

But you don't see their characters making on the polls, ever. The reason is simple really, too many adults

- Tak

Old 2008-09-14, 14:59   Link #570
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

I am deeply surprised there are so few votes on Bobby Margot. Mein Gott, that ersatz Mensch Sterne has more than His Majesty, the Hardcore Helmsman. What a scandal!
Old 2008-09-14, 15:11   Link #571
Wesley84

Token fag is token.
Old 2008-09-14, 15:23   Link #572
Dansen
U-u-u-aua

What are the target audiences for Newtype and Animage/Animedia? Cause Macross characters are pretty popular in Newtype and not so for the other ones...I think one of the magazines was supposed to be oriented towards guys, and the other towards girls although I don't remember which one
Old 2008-09-19, 21:08   Link #573
Key Board
Carbon

Thumbs up

might as well make this official, since the show is ending

To be frank, I probably relate most to Ozma, as I am somewhat jaded and like things other people would consider to be old.

However, my favorite character in Macross F is Grace O Connor by far
she does everything about being a villain right and then some. Why, she could fit in Code Geass and even Lelouch and Schneizel will be be threatened by how fabulously theatrical her evil plans are.

so here you go, Grace, my vote for you. You will be the standard by which future macross villains are judged
Old 2008-09-20, 01:23   Link #574
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
I am deeply surprised there are so few votes on Bobby Margot. Mein Gott, that ersatz Mensch Sterne has more than His Majesty, the Hardcore Helmsman. What a scandal!
Indeed.. one must realized the awesomeness of Bobby ;_;

But then again, thread was created very early in the series and most of the frequent already casted their vote before the GAR moment in ep7.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-20, 03:57   Link #575
hai_san

Can i give Sheryl again another vote? After watching ep 24 i just feel Sheryl is the best Character in MF.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:55   Link #576
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

OK, after Episode 24, I would like my vote for die Konigin doubled, tripled even. And if that boy chooses anyone else but her (provided they survive the finale), then he is a fool of the highest order.
Old 2008-09-21, 08:46   Link #577
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
SherYL,,ALto,,Klan Klan,,MicHeL,,

Go SheryL San !!!
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-10-11, 14:37   Link #578
zalem

Magazine popularity results are out:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=436

It's from the code geass forum, but since MF characters made in on there I figure you guys would want to know the results.
Old 2008-10-11, 14:41   Link #579
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Magazine popularity results are out:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=436

It's from the code geass forum, but since MF characters made in on there I figure you guys would want to know the results.
I never was able to grasp CC's popularity in R2... she didn't do much. Liked her much, much more in Season I. Funnier is the fact that Anya making the list. What did she ever do?

- Tak

Old 2008-10-11, 14:51   Link #580
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

CC = Pizza butt, Anya = Moe blob blogger

Sheryl totally beats them both imo
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite