AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 17:39   Link #81
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
On the 1st episode's VAs sb covers my opinion. Character designs are worse than I expected, but the degrade is necessary since they have to mive around ... only for the most part they did not! Not too mention that when they did visual atrocities flooded my monitor (lips going under beards, abdomens disappearing, eyes misaligned, etc). Plot-wise, it moved fairly fast (thankfully) ... so things do not look good and it was one of the shows I was looking forward for mindless entertainment.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 17:47   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 1:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 18:22   Link #83
Dragon TY

Too bad I can't play the visual novel because of my outdated computer that can't read japanese text and also I can't understand japanese.
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:52   Link #84
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Aaaargh! No subs yet?!
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 16:26   Link #85
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This was pretty bad, but I still enjoyed it. Classic mythical set-up. Maybe they can do something with it.
Spoiler for ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-04-07 at 17:33.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 17:19   Link #86
Dragon TY

So how good the story of this visual novel.
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 20:08   Link #87
Ashlotte
Clockwork

High Point : Loli god with kemonomimi swinging around a big hammer bashing little baddies.

Low Point : Having her want to suddenly marry the lead sap errr I mean lead...*groan*

Lowest Point : Getting Bait and switched with said loli transforming into lead gal #50000 from every other eroge I ever played replete with cardboard thin personality...*sigh*

So...yea...As soon as she started talking about becoming his wife that pretty much provided the revelation of "This is probably based off an eroge isn't it...".

Hopefully the show can overcome the metric ton of genericness it dropped by the end of the episode...2 more episodes should be enough to confirm that me hopes.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 21:36   Link #88
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, this first episode really perked my interest. I get a feeling this'll be a lot like Wagaya no Oninari-sama except it'll pretty much more cutesy and ecchi.

I'm not use to the voice talents for Ameri and Mashiro because they seem more...high pitched and strained than the more common seiyus I have heard over the years. However, Wakamoto for the win! His character fits his voice all too perfectly.

Here's hoping it'll be more comedy and less drama and romance.

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2009-04-10 at 21:59.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 23:16   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Hmm, this first episode really perked my interest. I get a feeling this'll be a lot like Wagaya no Oninari-sama except it'll pretty much more cutesy and ecchi.

I'm not use to the voice talents for Ameri and Mashiro because they seem more...high pitched and strained than the more common seiyus I have heard over the years. However, Wakamoto for the win! His character fits his voice all too perfectly.

Here's hoping it'll be more comedy and less drama and romance.
Agree the voice for Mashiro especially was more high pitched than I was comfortable with. Though I think she looked better with the pure white hair than when she 'powered down'. Yuuri really should have gone on his own instead of bringing the others. Why were those two there anyways? The episode moved so fast I really couldn't figure that out.

This series could be alright. I'm not expecting amazing stuff, but could still be pretty entertaining. Though it still makes me shake my head that Yuuri didn't even comprehend that he was agreeing to a marriage proposal.
Old 2009-04-11, 00:04   Link #90
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
Though it still makes me shake my head that Yuuri didn't even comprehend that he was agreeing to a marriage proposal.
haha i thought the same thing i was like you know you're agreeing to an arranged future marriage right? and I dont know what he had to complain about she is better looking than amari plus shes a goddess.
Old 2009-04-11, 00:49   Link #91
king12354

I guess a moped is all it takes to break a god's seal nowadays.

So many jumps from one scene to another, it's too disjointed. On top of that there are the super fast conversations with hardly a pause in between makes this quite comical.

I probably won't be following this any further.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 01:24   Link #92
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

shot-gun marriage with an older women (technically ), reminds me of onegai teacher (and a lusty father figure with it too )

Of course they are very different
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 07:21   Link #93
cyth
Banned

I actually loved the first episode tremendously. o_0
Spoiler for ep 01:
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 07:26   Link #94
kyou_desu

good fitsr episode I hope that next are better
freebie:
kyou_desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 10:35   Link #95
Copycatken

Having not played the game and not knowing anything about this series except for the fact that it was originally an eroge, I really did not have any expectations coming into this. Well except for there being a harem somewhere in the series . Like Toua, I liked the first episode. Although I did feel that the first half of it was rushed.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2009-04-11, 11:25   Link #96
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm too used to Wakamoto as the Hayate narrator, so it feels weird seeing him as a character.

Wow, they were talking really fast. Actually, it was really fast paced. It was weird when the scene immediately cut to something else, like when Mashiro's expression would change and when she woke up.

Wow, Yuuri is either stupid or hasn't seen or read a lot of movies or stories. Why would you make that oath?

This really felt like a harem in the end. I think I prefer hyperactive loli Mashiro more than the older Mashiro. She doesn't seem as hyperactive.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 13:29   Link #97
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou_desu View Post
good fitsr episode I hope that next are better
freebie:
I love it! I'm not really clear on the rules for freebie avatars though... do I need to ask permission to use it, or can I just start using it?

Anyway, like a lot of people, I preferred loli-Mashiro to adult Mashiro, which came as a bit of a surprise to me given that all the amazing artwork of adult Mashiro I've seen is the reason I started watching this in the first place. I'm interested in seeing where this series goes next.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:14   Link #98
kyou_desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I love it! I'm not really clear on the rules for freebie avatars though... do I need to ask permission to use it, or can I just start using it?
It`s freebie you can use this avatar but never is bad ask for if the avatar that you want is claimed I think so (sorry for my bad english )
So use this avatar if you like
kyou_desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:37   Link #99
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou_desu View Post
It`s freebie you can use this avatar but never is bad ask for if the avatar that you want is claimed I think so (sorry for my bad english )
So use this avatar if you like
Thanks for the new avatar!
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:52   Link #100
Deryns

I had some free time this week so I thought I would checkout the spring anime season. I am kind of divided on this one. The story seemed ok and the visuals were very nice. However as has been mentioned by others the voice acting was high-pitched and the pacing was very fast. I think I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if it slows down a little. If it does think I'll keep watching. If they keep the story and quality as it is I can deal with the voice acting.
Deryns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, kemonomimi, romance, seinen, supernatural