AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-13, 12:58   Link #141
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
No it wasn't his performance, it was the animation. Hearing Kaio talking only slightly louder while his mouth was freaking wide as a whale was disturbing.
Actually that IS the performance, seeing how the animation was done first. They obviously wanted him to speak and laugh a lot louder, but again, voice actor clearly not in good condition. If you look at him in Z, Battle of Gods, or even Kai (which was recorded years ago, even if it only just finished airing) his performance there is a lot better. Also if you think his English voice fits his character, then you seem to have forgotten something... Something he himself points out in this episode... He's a god. He's literally in charge of overseeing 1/4 of the universe. Sure he's also a total goofball, but that's basically the joke: Super-important being, really dignified voice... constantly spouts absolutely horrible jokes. Sean Schemmel's performance might fit his jokes... but it completely falls apart any time he's supposed to say anything even remotely serious.

I totally agree with the people saying that Trunks sounds terrible though. Takeshi Kusao can not do a convincing child-voice. Please Toriyama, can we get out of this timeperiod soon and go past the end of the manga where Trunks isn't a kid anymore?
Old 2015-07-13, 19:02   Link #142
GDB

To be fair, Kid Trunks (and Goten) are horrible characters. So does it really matter how they sound?

As for the episode itself, it was fun. I'm going to assume Vegeta's training armor is weighted at this point too, since he quickly tired out in 150g, despite having trained in 400g back when he was preparing to fight the Androids. Overall enjoyed it much more than the previous episode. Vegeta and Beerus are infinitely more fun than Goku, Goten, and Kid Trunks.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 19:17   Link #143
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

ep.1 Goku with his son doing farming stuff still training
ep.2 Confirms Vegeta can breathe underwater as one of the abilities of a high class saiyan and still wants to train instead of spending time with family and puts off a lot of folks.

I just hope Mr.Satan doesn't go bald here.
Old 2015-07-13, 19:46   Link #144
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Pretty sure that the animation staff has a headache regarding the voice actors since it's been so long that all the previous kid voice actos have grown up and no longer suitable for the role.

It is super saiyan Goku not God u dumb little god of destruction.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 00:44   Link #145
Samari
World's Greatest

The new episode was alright. Nothing really consequential though. Definitely reminded me of how dragged out Dragon Ball gets at times. The third episode again looks like another session that really won't add much to the plot. I'm starting to wonder when we'll get the wheels rolling for the main story. Right now I'm not getting the feeling that anything I'm watching is important. As far as the Japanese voice acting goes, it's fine to me. No complaints. Oh, and Vegeta's characterization looked like it got setback to the Cell Saga. After the events in the Buu arc, I got the impression that Vegeta was over being better than Son.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 20:39   Link #146
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
ep.1 Goku with his son doing farming stuff still training
ep.2 Confirms Vegeta can breathe underwater as one of the abilities of a high class saiyan and still wants to train instead of spending time with family and puts off a lot of folks.

I just hope Mr.Satan doesn't go bald here.
I laugh so hard at Mr.Satan going bald... it's what he deserve for being a shit at the beginning before he realize how suck he really is.

Also, looks like the beginning episodes of this new series is mainly focused on "family" stuff before they start the actual training and meeting new people/creatures.

And Vegeta isn't enjoying his rich life that most of us here would give everything for...

And yes... Beerus here unlike the manga or the movie feels like a Bastard that goes around destroying planets for the heck of it.

Hell... in ep 2 he destroyed one just because he think the other party have "bad manner" while he was the one that's trying to "steal" other people's food...

Instead of like the Movie where Beerus was a cool guy, here I wish Goku would completely kill the guy...

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2015-07-14 at 20:51.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:30   Link #147
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
I laugh so hard at Mr.Satan going bald... it's what he deserve for being a shit at the beginning before he realize how suck he really is.
You say that like going bald would be a bad thing for him. If he went completely bald, he'd be able to defeat any of the Z fighters or villains with only one punch...
Old 2015-07-15, 10:57   Link #148
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You say that like going bald would be a bad thing for him. If he went completely bald, he'd be able to defeat any of the Z fighters or villains with only one punch...
..................what?
Old 2015-07-15, 15:26   Link #149
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
..................what?
It's a One Punch man reference. Though it would only be true if Hercules has been doing Saitama's daily workouts.
Old 2015-07-15, 17:26   Link #150
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Ah, I see
Old 2015-07-16, 11:12   Link #151
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Please Toriyama, can we get out of this timeperiod soon and go past the end of the manga where Trunks isn't a kid anymore?
Honestly, the more I think on it, the more disappointed I am in the decision to place the series at this point, chronologically speaking. It was really just all around a stupid, pointless choice, they had a fine child character in Pan, and Goten and Trunks could be explored as young adults... much more interesting than what seems to be a complete rehash of their Buu saga characterization. The dumbest part of all is that Bulma quite clearly scolds Goku for not visiting in 5 years at the End of Z... how are they intending to work that one out? They should have just had this take place five years after End of Z or something. I'm just holding on to hope that the rumors/dubious "translations" that claim the series will extend past the End of Z are actually true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm going to assume Vegeta's training armor is weighted at this point too, since he quickly tired out in 150g, despite having trained in 400g back when he was preparing to fight the Androids.
Yeah, that was cringey for me. Not only did he struggle at 150, but he barely even lasted any length of time at all. The Pre-SSJ Vegeta from the transitional period between Freiza and the Androids would have done better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Oh, and Vegeta's characterization looked like it got setback to the Cell Saga. After the events in the Buu arc, I got the impression that Vegeta was over being better than Son.
I think what they did to Vegeta's character in the Buu Saga was just too dramatic and now they have to dial it back a bit. It's almost like they're retconning it into Vegeta saying "alright, Kakkarot, you're the best, you're better than me and you always have been, hmmm but hey maybe if I train hard enough..."
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 18:07   Link #152
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
The dumbest part of all is that Bulma quite clearly scolds Goku for not visiting in 5 years at the End of Z... how are they intending to work that one out?
If Goku doesn't do anything but train after her birthday party (assuming the timeline remains the same as Battle of Gods, otherwise they're just shifting everything up a few years), then he wouldn't have visited for 5 years. While he'd have spent some time with Vegeta, he wouldn't have seen anyone else.

Quote:
I think what they did to Vegeta's character in the Buu Saga was just too dramatic and now they have to dial it back a bit. It's almost like they're retconning it into Vegeta saying "alright, Kakkarot, you're the best, you're better than me and you always have been, hmmm but hey maybe if I train hard enough..."
I don't really see it as a step back. He accepted the situation as it was and is. But he still wants to be better, even if he knows it isn't likely.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 19:45   Link #153
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Why does Goku need to train at King Kai while Bulma got a gravity chamber?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 19:58   Link #154
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why does Goku need to train at King Kai while Bulma got a gravity chamber?
Because Vegeta uses it?
Old 2015-07-16, 22:18   Link #155
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Because Vegeta uses it?
I am quite sure Goku can use it if he asks. I think part of the reason is that he just need to get away from ChiChi and train in peace.
Old 2015-07-17, 00:03   Link #156
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

That, and Kaio has access to esoteric/mystical/magical teaching methods that can push Goku further than mere-science and heightened gravity can.
Old 2015-07-17, 00:26   Link #157
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
they had a fine child character in Pan, and Goten and Trunks could be explored as young adults. They should have just had this take place five years after End of Z or something.
You're describing DBGT. They've already done that, and it didn't work. Toriyama has stated in interviews for BoG that he prefers the era where all his main creations aren't too old.

They might get older within Super though, we'll see!
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 00:38   Link #158
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCat View Post
You're describing DBGT. They've already done that, and it didn't work. Toriyama has stated in interviews for BoG that he prefers the era where all his main creations aren't too old.
It's kind of a pity though. I'd love to see Pan get involved in the fights.
Old 2015-07-17, 10:25   Link #159
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's kind of a pity though. I'd love to see Pan get involved in the fights.
It is a pity, but I suppose it's better Toriyama sticks to what he enjoys writing.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 00:25   Link #160
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Super saiyan Pan?

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy