AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-13, 00:58   Link #261
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
More chances of them fighting over L-Elf's methods. I'm sure Haruto would think twice about allowing himself to be a meat-shield if he knew L-Elf had considered using a gun on Shoko.
LOL, I think that guy just was destined to become a meat-shield the moment he got the power. I mean look how good he is at it? He's a natural!

I wonder how many time you have to be shot and not die, before he doesn't even cringe in pain anymore over it?

As for anyone fighting over the love of Shoko, I doubt L-elf would. He's not the type to do the alpha male fight challenge. If he wanted to really get rid of Haruto as some sort of competition, he would either manipulate him, blackmail him, or study until he found some way of killing him. Haruto doesn't have a single underhanded bone in his body, but L-elf sure does. Despite his hatred for Cain. he has to admit that he mostly behaves a lot like him, by using whatever he can to get the job done, even if he has to lie, cheat, steal, or kill.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-13, 03:48   Link #262
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
LOL, I think that guy just was destined to become a meat-shield the moment he got the power. I mean look how good he is at it? He's a natural!

I wonder how many time you have to be shot and not die, before he doesn't even cringe in pain anymore over it?

As for anyone fighting over the love of Shoko, I doubt L-elf would. He's not the type to do the alpha male fight challenge. If he wanted to really get rid of Haruto as some sort of competition, he would either manipulate him, blackmail him, or study until he found some way of killing him. Haruto doesn't have a single underhanded bone in his body, but L-elf sure does. Despite his hatred for Cain. he has to admit that he mostly behaves a lot like him, by using whatever he can to get the job done, even if he has to lie, cheat, steal, or kill.

Or use Haruto as a meat shield. Haruto, taking bullets like a boss since episode 1.
Old 2013-07-13, 05:46   Link #263
shiyuki
Ever Learning

For Shoko's character, I think she could be brave enough to accept the fact that Haruto wasn't human being anymore, or even the affair between him and Saki.
But I doubt if Haruto would still be confident to take Shoko as he was obviously guilty and ashamed of himself...
So even if Haruto and L-Elf would fight for Shoko (which seems so impossible...), Haruto might just ask L-Elf to take good care of Shoko.
Old 2013-07-13, 07:34   Link #264
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Haruto said, while convincing Shoko, ". . .even if I'm gone, the others will still be here and L Elf too." I could see all the main characters ending up with no one. My pairing will just remain as a dream though, dreams are not bad to begin with.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:08   Link #265
Destined_Fate

L-Elf doesn't need to fight, as far as he's concerned he's already won when he doe anything. If he pursued Shoko there's very little Haruto could do to stop him from getting her as L-Elf is a genius. Hell I'm sure he could find ways of keeping Haruto away from Shoko for days without Haruto even understanding what's happening.

I could see Haruto asking L-Elf to take care of Shoko if L-Elf falls in love with her too and Haruto finds out. Haruto suffers a ton of self guilt and the only reason they aren't a couple even now if because of Haruto.

If they do go with the festival thing I'm sure they'll do it to mourn those lost and Haruto will end up rejecting Shoko because of his own guilt.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:22   Link #266
Fjoergyn

Clearly Haruto had just rejecting, that's where L-Elf could be near her and love is born, Shoko is also a light for someone like L-Elf. They can make the most beautiful couple in 2013, though not wonder whether L-Elf also ends up dying like haruto or donate your body to this and that would be worse
Old 2013-07-15, 11:37   Link #267
Destined_Fate

Donation would be a bad idea since L-Elf's body isn't immortal. Haruto's is even when he's in another's body.

Would make things very awkward if Haruto was stuck in a hugely aged body with his muscles so deteriorated from age that he cannot move.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:51   Link #268
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Donation would be a bad idea since L-Elf's body isn't immortal. Haruto's is even when he's in another's body.

Would make things very awkward if Haruto was stuck in a hugely aged body with his muscles so deteriorated from age that he cannot move.
Do not forget the transference of consciousness. There is still opportunity to be the replacement pilot.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:53   Link #269
Destined_Fate

Doubtful as we have no idea if Valvrave will even use something like that. That preview with all the pilots in their suits showed Haruto in his own body and we don't know how far off that will happen.
Old 2013-07-15, 12:01   Link #270
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Shouko chan please help them. >_< L Elf, do something about this.
Old 2013-07-15, 12:03   Link #271
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Doubtful as we have no idea if Valvrave will even use something like that. That preview with all the pilots in their suits showed Haruto in his own body and we don't know how far off that will happen.
L-Elf does not have to die, better to be immortal, we have even more proof of the child as an experiment or descendant.
Old 2013-07-15, 13:35   Link #272
Destined_Fate

But L-Elf isn't the "Main" main character, Haruto is. That and L-Elf wouldn't even be able to transfer bodies like Haruto can as he isn't a vampire so he would be stuck in an immortal body without that neat trick.

Also, with the transfer the other body goes into a coma of sorts anyway as the switch is one sided. Haruto takes over their body, they don't get transferred in his body during the duration. His body is simply empty until he returns back.
Old 2013-07-15, 13:59   Link #273
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

What if they don't do anything romantic with L-Elf and Shoko?
Old 2013-07-15, 14:19   Link #274
Fjoergyn

Quote:
But L-Elf isn't the "Main" main character, Haruto is. That and L-Elf wouldn't even be able to transfer bodies like Haruto can as he isn't a vampire so he would be stuck in an immortal body without that neat trick.

Also, with the transfer the other body goes into a coma of sorts anyway as the switch is one sided. Haruto takes over their body, they don't get transferred in his body during the duration. His body is simply empty until he returns back.

I have nothing against haruto, but as the main character is disappointing, so I L-Elf bet that at least makes it look more interesting to the story.

I do not care if there is or there is no romance between L-Elf x Shoko but it seems that if you can give
Old 2013-07-15, 18:17   Link #275
Destined_Fate

L-Elf's descendant seems to imply that L-Elf may not be around unless he somehow gets Vampire powers or something.

I would much prefer Shoko x L-Elf over any of the other pairings due to their chemistry and how different they are from each other. They've also thrown small hints here and there and it would be shame if she ends up with Haruto anyway who has made it a habit to constantly break her heart since he became a Space Body Jacking Vampire that pilots a Giant Mecha.
Old 2013-07-15, 20:14   Link #276
Irenesharda

Technically L-11 and Shoko don't really have as much chemistry as you seem to want to give them. The two barely meet and barely hold a conversation above "I need you to do this." and "No, I'm not doing that."

And remember that Haruto has never really broken Shoko's heart, at least not in her eyes. Remember that she knows nothing. She knows nothing at what has happened with Haruto or any of the other Magius students, and until she does find out, we're not going to truly know how it will affect her. Who knows, perhaps her love for Haruto is stronger than that and she will realize who he truly loves and that his actions were out of his control? Would a woman really as loyal and true as Shoko is with her friends, go after some other guy despite knowing Haruto's (and her own) heart? This is the girl who has forgiven the guy who unknowingly killed her father. I think she would forgive Haruto quite a few trespasses because of her love for him.

As for L-elf not being the "main" main character? Well, even Haruto calls himself L-elf's "tool". The two share MC status, even if Haruto is pretty underdeveloped, almost to the point where you could almost say he's not the "main" main character.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-15, 20:17   Link #277
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Good points, Irenesharda.

Shouko strikes me as the sort of person who would take pity on Haruto rather than get angry with him. The only real exception I can see to that is Haruto proposing to Saki. But all the rest strikes me as the sort of thing that would make Shouko want to reach out more to Haruto, not less.

At least, the Shouko of the final episode of Season 1. Tragedies and loss may eventually harden her, but given how she went all-out for Akira, she's not there yet, imo.
Old 2013-07-15, 20:24   Link #278
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Good points, Irenesharda.

Shouko strikes me as the sort of person who would take pity on Haruto rather than get angry with him. The only real exception I can see to that is Haruto proposing to Saki. But all the rest strikes me as the sort of thing that would make Shouko want to reach out more to Haruto, not less.

At least, the Shouko of the final episode of Season 1. Tragedies and loss may eventually harden her, but given how she went all-out for Akira, she's not there yet, imo.
I think she would even forgive him the proposal. She knows Haruto like an open book. She would know why he did it and understand. He didn't do it of love, but out of responsibility and duty, because of what an honorable guy he is.

What L-elf said is true. You can't separate your love for a girl and only give her half. He either loves Shoko or he loves Saki, or he loves neither. Sure he can have affection for one, or even a different type of love. However, as long as he loves Shoko like he does, he would never be able to truly love any one else.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-15, 20:32   Link #279
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Technically L-11 and Shoko don't really have as much chemistry as you seem to want to give them. The two barely meet and barely hold a conversation above "I need you to do this." and "No, I'm not doing that."

And remember that Haruto has never really broken Shoko's heart, at least not in her eyes. Remember that she knows nothing. She knows nothing at what has happened with Haruto or any of the other Magius students, and until she does find out, we're not going to truly know how it will affect her. Who knows, perhaps her love for Haruto is stronger than that and she will realize who he truly loves and that his actions were out of his control? Would a woman really as loyal and true as Shoko is with her friends, go after some other guy despite knowing Haruto's (and her own) heart? This is the girl who has forgiven the guy who unknowingly killed her father. I think she would forgive Haruto quite a few trespasses because of her love for him.
because people change

The Haruto that she fell in love with is gradually becoming something else. I'm not just referring to this vampire seizures

I'm going to repost what I said on another thread..

Shoko stands out because one of the theme of the show is this: adults suck.
So far, she is different from the rest of the main characters

L-Elf is pretty much an "adult" He is ruthless and unashamed of his methods. Not even a grieving girl who just lost her parents can put a dent on that.

Saki was a victim of adults, but she has no problem using adult methods such as lying to protect her and other people feelings

Haruto is on his way to becoming an adult. He's arguing less about the morality of things, and is focusing on results. And oh, approving human experimentation as the preview suggests? wonder what's up with that.

Shoko is the only one who still has her childhood innocence. I think when she told Akira they can be normal students again once they reach the moon, she really believes in that.

But look at her current track

Her trust in adults has been betrayed a couple of times
And now it's out that her father started the Valvrave program in secret, and knowingly involved her and the other students in it. Not right away, but that's going to cause some questions.
She has put a lot of faith before that Haruto was not fooling around with Saki. He does exactly that. You can't blame him for some actions, but other are ones he clearly initiated. Eventually some things are going to reach her ears and she's going to have to process that.

My theory on Haruto? He doesn't know what true love is. He only wants affirmation. This is why he is so impulsive.
His actions are done not for the sake of the other party, but rather to satisfy his own feelings.
My theory is that Haruto is a neglected child that has been taken care by Shoko's family.

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-15, 20:33   Link #280
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Great points.

What do you guys want to see from Shoko in season 2?

Tags
characters