Old 2007-04-08, 12:38   Link #202
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Huh... so just for clarification...

Spoiler:
Nope. They weren't seen anywhere. However, we know that their spaceships are bulbous and silvery...and if the word 'silver' is the one term truly defining that Tribe and its characteristics, then
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-08, 12:39   Link #203
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Cool, thanks.

I'm quite interested in episode 2's content, but I have to admit that the main reason I'm looking forward to it is to see the OP & hear the new angela song.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 12:39   Link #204
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Just followed episode 2 on 2chan. First half seems comic relief with the 'Proclamation' (cf. ep1) with Deianeria introducing Age to the ship...and second half is spent on
Can you give us the link to 2chan. I looked for it with google (using the japanese title) but I didn't have success.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 12:43   Link #205
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Can you give us the link to 2chan. I looked for it with google (using the japanese title) but I didn't have success.
I'll erase this in a few hours (since 2chan automatically deletes its threads and the broken links consequently lead to pr0n ad pages), so save it if you want to consult it later on.
Spoiler:
Edit: link removed.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-04-08 at 14:46. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 12:58   Link #206
velvet nightmare

I'm not sure if anyone missed this, but when Age was transforming into that moster thing, the princess said Age had something within him that was related to the heroic tribe (someone confirm this, i cant remember the exact lines)

and it kind of makes sense because in the intro, we see a glimpse of some monster destroying a planet, and that looks similar to Age's transformed state, and the power he had with it

so maybe the golden tribe gave age the power of the heroics?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 13:01   Link #207
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
I'm not sure if anyone missed this, but when Age was transforming into that moster thing, the princess said Age had something within him that was related to the heroic tribe (someone confirm this, i cant remember the exact lines)

and it kind of makes sense because in the intro, we see a glimpse of some monster destroying a planet, and that looks similar to Age's transformed state, and the power he had with it

so maybe the golden tribe gave age the power of the heroics?
That's what some people have been saying for awhile...
Old 2007-04-08, 13:04   Link #208
ccardoso
Banned

Big spoiler:

The queen (princess or whatever) has a nice ass!
Old 2007-04-08, 13:05   Link #209
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I'm not sure whether the Goldies gave him the power of the Hero Tribesmen...the way I see it right now, I think they actually sealed the fifth (surviving) juggernaut inside Age...possibly as a trump card released by an impetus like anger, stress or despair. Since they were seers, they probably foresaw a dire situation for the Irons and decided to give them power unprecedented and unequaled, since they'd be the underdog of the current three-way conflict. Not sure whether it's a true state of symbiosis between Age and his behemoth buddy or if the Nodos can go berserk, against Age's will.

Yeah, more Hakuoro-Uitsuarunemitea comparisons on the way...
Old 2007-04-08, 13:47   Link #210
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Glancing at the 2chan comments, it seems like the octopus is the most popular character so far...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 13:47   Link #211
Seska

Quote:
I'm not sure whether the Goldies gave him the power of the Hero Tribesmen...the way I see it right now, I think they actually sealed the fifth (surviving) juggernaut inside Age
Perhaps balance of power. Like we have it in our history, Cold War...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 13:49   Link #212
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Glancing at the 2chan comments, it seems like the octopus is the most popular character so far...
Well, it was the only being for him the last 120 years... The voice of the old ship (Mother) have teach him the Human race speech.

Aww, man... hope Wrex gets his summary soon... germanguy is waiting
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 19:41   Link #213
aardvark

All things considered, episode 2 was pretty hilarious, especially when Age tried to jump up and reach the holographic letters

Best part of the episode though has to be Age being comforted by the octopus and them parting. Sayonara Futo, you'll be missed.

One more interesting thing is we see how
Spoiler:

As far as the OP though, the song is OK, but Fafner's was much better as well as its opening animation.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 19:42   Link #214
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Just watched the raw...I'm not sure about whether the animation/art got down compared to ep1...the resolution was lower, so it didn't seem as sleek as the ep1 sub's I got.

Anyway, the appearance of the Nodos was quite neat - especially with the way energy flowed out of Age's body
Spoiler:
The way sinews of flesh wrapped over coalescing bone matter, before being covered with that blue skin is quite impressive. However, what made me frown a little is that...
Spoiler:
Aside from that, from what I could make out from the dialogues,
Spoiler:
And aside from that, we indeed have our OP. I'll keep my judgment to myself as it's 2:28AM, I'm sleepy and not quite capable of giving a sound opinion...heck, I'm not even sure what it sounded like anymore...I was more into the footage than on the music. But I had no negative feelings towards it, mind you. Rather, I enjoyed it. I should relisten it when my wits will be able to convene in greater numbers.
Spoiler:
Other things to note (I'm sleepy, so I'll write what I can recall):
Spoiler:
And, yes, Age definitely has improved senses/perceptions. He did detect the Bronzes at the same time as the Argonaut's Atlas system, while being asleep.

And...is it just me or did Deianeira say,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-04-08 at 19:58.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 20:28   Link #215
wrex_japan

Quote:
Just watched the raw...I'm not sure about whether the animation/art got down compared to ep1...the resolution was lower, so it didn't seem as sleek as the ep1 sub's I got.

Yep. Overpowered. However...(see other comments between spoiler tags)[/spoiler]Aside from that, from what I could make out from the dialogues,
Spoiler:
And aside from that, we indeed have our OP. I'll keep my judgment to myself as it's 2:28AM, I'm sleepy and not quite capable of giving a sound opinion...heck, I'm not even sure what it sounded like anymore...I was more into the footage than on the music. But I had no negative feelings towards it, mind you. Rather, I enjoyed it. I should relisten it when my wits will be able to convene in greater numbers.[spoiler]The footage, by the way, includes more people from the Silver Tribe - six or seven of them...with two teenagers who might very well have more importance than the others. That guy hovering at the end of the ep...and a girl (the princess of the Tribe?).

And...is it just me or did Deianeira say,
Spoiler:
Episode 2 summary and screencaps (sorry to keep you waiting, Germanguy )

Yeah, the animation quality seemed to have dropped just a bit, especially when rendering the people.

I believe Dianeira says "Belcross" which is
Spoiler:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 21:37   Link #216
Onniguru

[removing my own post, due to responding four days after the fact]
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 22:43   Link #217
Honey_and_Cleaver

I thought the anime name was the Heroic Age meaning Age of Heroism. But instead its Heroic Age/Eiji meaning Age/Eiji the heroic. WTGFH!!!

SHOUNEN EGO MAN!!!

I WAS SO CHEATED! DAMN YOU CREATOR!

Last edited by Honey_and_Cleaver; 2007-04-08 at 22:54.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:52   Link #218
iseng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
I thought the anime name was the Heroic Age meaning Age of Heroism. But instead its Heroic Age/Eiji meaning Age/Eiji the heroic. WTGFH!!!

SHOUNEN EGO MAN!!!

I WAS SO CHEATED! DAMN YOU CREATOR!
Or it could be a play on words. You know how they love that sort of thing.

嬰児 (えいじ) eiji = baby (diku) they found him as a baby, remember.

Heroic Tribe + eiji = Heroic Age
iseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 01:25   Link #219
ccardoso
Banned

It's very nice that Age can stay in the open space without being armed in any way but since when you can hear sounds in space? No because he talks with Deianeira like they were in a bar... I'm starting to be very annoyed by the childish physic: I would condone Age being able to live in the open space because he has a Nodos and so he's "particular". But in space there isn't air so you can't hear sounds: they could make the dialogue a telepathic one, it would have been much more believable. Another crappy thing like this and I'll drop the show: anime makers must understand that not all viewers are brainless kids. I mean: I can condone a certain amount of things, but if they exaggerate I get annoyed and bored. Even that DB form of Age is becoming boring: I hope they will introduce some balanced opponent for him... I saw other four Nodos at the end of the OP so I hope they will appear soon.
Old 2007-04-09, 01:42   Link #220
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The princess wasn't making a pact during battle but instead was saying something that goes like "that person already knows the contract" and then recites the 12 labor.

Looks like i guessed correctly when i said Age knew more about his fate and role beforehand.

Spoiler for episode 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
But in space there isn't air so you can't hear sounds: they could make the dialogue a telepathic one, it would have been much more believable. Another crappy thing like this and I'll drop the show: anime makers must understand that not all viewers are brainless kids. I mean: I can condone a certain amount of things, but if they exaggerate I get annoyed and bored.
Then i think you ll be dropping this series soon enough. I highly doubt Heroic Age to have any if at all hard science in it. Judging from two episode, the science in it is hardly their main selling point.

But if it helps make it easier for you to swallow, he only talked to the princess who is a psychic, i'm sure telepathy is within her list specialities

Tags
action, science fiction