AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-23, 08:06   Link #1
NightWalker XI
Yare Yare...

Send a message via ICQ to NightWalker XI Send a message via AIM to NightWalker XI Send a message via MSN to NightWalker XI
Question Picture of Alchemy arrays...

Does anyone know where I can find a clean picture of one of the achemy arrays used in FMA?

If you know where I can find clear picture I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Old 2004-02-25, 20:43   Link #2
rintaun
Rune Alchemist

Send a message via AIM to rintaun Send a message via MSN to rintaun Send a message via Yahoo to rintaun
Talking >:d

I'm glad someone other than myself was asking this. I'd say that the best place to look is in wallpapers and such, like I did. There are two on the official FMA site: one above the navigation bar, and one on the background/history (i think) page. However, the second one, which is covered in a lot of japanese text, is also the one that is displayed as the background of the episode title. There are a few frames in each episode when you can pull this one out clearly. Another one I found was in an image, and I recovered it, as well as the one from the episode and the one from the FMA site, and touched them all up. I'll put them up on my web host, so yea. They will be at....

http://s87457547.onlinehome.us/fma/

If I do any more recoveries, I will put them in there as well, if I remember. ^_^

Hope this helps. Oh yea, if you find an image with a partial circle in it, and youd like me to recover it for you, go ahead and private message or email it to me.
Old 2004-02-26, 08:56   Link #3
NightWalker XI
Yare Yare...

Send a message via ICQ to NightWalker XI Send a message via AIM to NightWalker XI Send a message via MSN to NightWalker XI
Hey thanks alot for the help
Old 2004-02-26, 19:50   Link #4
paladin
blah

Send a message via ICQ to paladin Send a message via AIM to paladin Send a message via Yahoo to paladin
There is one i made for a wallpaper for fullmetal-alchemist.com

It sports the same circle, not in full however, that the above link has as image #2.

Coincidentally, i know what circle it is and what it does

It is the very same circle that ed and al used when they tried to revive their mother.

Grab it on my site at www.fullmetal-alchemist.com, look in the left column for now its there under quick downloads
Old 2004-02-26, 19:59   Link #5
rintaun
Rune Alchemist

Send a message via AIM to rintaun Send a message via MSN to rintaun Send a message via Yahoo to rintaun
Smile indeed

Indeed it is. I also believe I know what the third one is. It would have been in...... episode 16-18 I believe. Not sure though. I'm not going to say what it was used for so as to not spoil anything for anyone who is a little bit behind.

On a different note, I'm going to try to get another one, from the opening, but I will have to go in frame by frame to see if there is one where it isn't covered by text. It's only shown very briefly before the episode title is shown, and it is, I believe, a different one than what I have.

Also, if you want, I can put up one of my self-designed circles.
Old 2004-03-10, 17:37   Link #6
A Lamer
あほぉ&

thought I'd throw this in here; its the transmutation circle on mustangs gloves. I got alot of reference material and slapped it together in PS, with the same colors used in the anime. Its not 100% because I have a shaky hand (the flame, and the lizard) but its pretty damn accurate

Old 2004-03-10, 17:56   Link #7
demosthenes

ahh the firey salamander.

is there any math or pattern to these circles?
Old 2004-03-10, 19:07   Link #8
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Usually theres some form of math to transmutation circles, but god knows what.
Old 2004-03-10, 22:16   Link #9
Umbrae
Generic Human

the 2nd image from that page is the circle for the philosiphers stone. Which was a suprise to tucker, and ed said it just kind of poped into his mind. so it is not commonly used at all. just FYI.
Old 2004-03-10, 22:50   Link #10
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
the 2nd image from that page is the circle for the philosiphers stone. Which was a suprise to tucker, and ed said it just kind of poped into his mind. so it is not commonly used at all. just FYI.
actually that was the circle before ed modified it, he changed it into a 7 point circle, that one is 6.
Old 2004-03-10, 23:21   Link #11
Umbrae
Generic Human

humm, I thought he changed it to a six point. . . dislexic, don't mind me =p
Old 2004-03-11, 01:40   Link #12
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
humm, I thought he changed it to a six point. . . dislexic, don't mind me =p
The one on the floor was originally 6 point, and ed mirrored it to the ceiling. I dont know if he also changed the ceiling one, but he definatly changed the one on the floor, as seen here (warning, episode 20-22 spoilers)
Old 2004-03-11, 14:11   Link #13
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Quote:
Originally Posted by demosthenes
ahh the firey salamander.

is there any math or pattern to these circles?
These all look like constructable(as defined by Euclid's Elements) patterns.
Namely, a straight edge(unmarked) and a compass is all you'll need. For some, you might theoretically need a stuck compass(if you want to tri-sect an angle with just those 2 items.)

It's pretty easy to draw a hexagon in a circle with that method but some of the others out there? Oooh. Not easy at all!

The 2nd and 3rd geometric patterns listed here can be done very easily:
http://s87457547.onlinehome.us/fma/

The snake will be a bit difficult but if you JUST want the circles and triangles? Easy.
The spiral inside the very first one will not be easy. It's not a golden spiral, which is a bit easier to make.

A lot of ancient Greek mathematics was about geometric construction. Things like how to make regular polygons(equal angles, equal side lengths) with a variety of side counts was something many of them explored.
Technology and numbering systems can limit or expand a society's ability to explore certain mathematical issues. I'm not sure if Edward's world uses decimals or calculators. The decimal numbering system was a key development in advancing mathematics.
Old 2004-03-11, 16:20   Link #14
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
So does anyone have a good, decent image besides those listed above?
Old 2004-03-11, 17:51   Link #15
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
So does anyone have a good, decent image besides those listed above?
I'm currently working through the episodes I havent deleted, and tracing what I have enough reference for. I'll see if I can find a nice one
Old 2004-03-12, 16:23   Link #16
Grav
Gone

Any luck..?
Old 2004-03-12, 18:43   Link #17
Sensei
Call me Milady

Hmmm nice arrays, well they'll go in my folders with my pictures of Systema Sephirotifica.

Good work anyone who remade them. The last one who appeared in Episode 22, the one who popped in Ed's mind, posted link a few post up, Anyone can do it on a white background ? Would be appreciated.

Thank you all.
Old 2004-03-12, 20:21   Link #18
demosthenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
The one on the floor was originally 6 point, and ed mirrored it to the ceiling. I dont know if he also changed the ceiling one, but he definatly changed the one on the floor, as seen here (warning, episode 20-22 spoilers)
the circle some how reminds me of a phinix.
Old 2004-03-12, 23:14   Link #19
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Or you guys could make your own like I did for my sig
1337!
Old 2004-03-13, 00:17   Link #20
Grav
Gone

I made one for my sig too, using the snake symbol thingy and trying to eyeball another image.

If anyone wants it, go ahead. It's a bit uneven though, it's okay if you resize it.

http://gsurge.com/misc/transmute.psd
Closed Thread