The Invincible Dawn

Live-Evil, you're cruel

Master Ran
Old 2003-11-10, 03:48   Link #22
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx626
I am sorta confused on why Koko was acting all lovely dubby with Youka in this episode...those who have seen the Return of the Condor heroes tv drama or read the novels could answer this. Has Koko forgiven Youka for the incident/misunderstanidng in Ep 8?? Or has she found out the truth??
I wondering about it also, but I guess there just so happy to see each other that they didn't have time to discuss it properly, ie the martial arts tournament. She could of found out that Youka wasn't the one who raped her, but I think the next episodes we'll learn the truth about it.
Old 2003-11-10, 05:11   Link #23
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Quote:
I am sorta confused on why Koko was acting all lovely dubby with Youka in this episode...those who have seen the Return of the Condor heroes tv drama or read the novels could answer this. Has Koko forgiven Youka for the incident/misunderstanidng in Ep 8?? Or has she found out the truth??
Shouryuujo didn't find out anything, she just missed him. BTW koko means aunt and is not a name. Shouryuujo is her name and literally means Little Dragon Girl.

I will also like to point out that the anime made the villians more evil and the good guys more good. IIRC in the original story, Youka was a dishonourable person who first "cheated" and threw needles at the Mongol prince, shaming himself. His uncle has to apologise for his rashness. The Scarlet Immortal's first disciple(the one with dual swords) was also quite a good person. In the anime she is a faceless evil dooer.

Last edited by Don Eunuch; 2003-11-10 at 05:50.
Old 2003-11-10, 12:59   Link #24
LynnieS

Someone had posted a link to a translation project for this novel, but I've lost the URL. They were also up to, I think, chapter 8 at the time. Given that there are a few dozen chapters, you'll have quite a way to go before reaching the end.
Old 2003-11-10, 14:30   Link #25
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
http://www.spcnet.tv/jinyong/jyreadingroom.shtml
Old 2003-11-11, 04:59   Link #26
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Thanks for the link! I do think they really translate and release this in the US though.. I would gladly buy it and haven't had any good books to read lately. ^^;
Old 2003-11-11, 14:58   Link #27
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i am sorry that my post seemed to cause some misuderstanding.
i meant the bastards who were cheating in the tournament not the mongolians in general.
if i had offended anybody in this forum or anyone in general by my lack of explanation i apologize dearly and sincerely.
i ony read the first 3 chapters of the first book that were translated of legend of the conder hero and yes i do remember that gengis khan was an honorable man so was his generals.
Old 2003-11-11, 19:25   Link #28
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:

Shouryuujo simply realized that she cannot do without Youka...

she doesn't really realize the truth until later... and by that time...

MASSIVE SPOILER (don't read unless you want to be really spoiled)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
I will also like to point out that the anime made the villians more evil and the good guys more good. IIRC in the original story, Youka was a dishonourable person who first "cheated" and threw needles at the Mongol prince, shaming himself. His uncle has to apologise for his rashness. The Scarlet Immortal's first disciple(the one with dual swords) was also quite a good person. In the anime she is a faceless evil dooer.
Actually, that's not the case...

First:
In the novel, the order of the two fights were reversed, and the reason that Youka interfered was because the weapon of the 'fisherman' (too lazy to find the translation) hit Shouryuujo's foot, and youka made a deal out of it.

By that time, Youka's 'uncle' and their faction had already lost, but youka did the 'you didn't beat my teacher' stuff...

He does beat the mongol prince using poisoned needles (FYI, the poison was the bee poison from before).
Since he (the prince) used it, Youka was justified in using concealed weapons too. Hence it was fair game, and there wasn't much of an apology needed. (Especially when the fate of China relies on the outcome.)

He beat the older disciple using the technique from the 'jiu yin' discipline.... which I won't talk about.

I'll stop here.
Cuz first, the anime deviates from the novel in terms of small details.
Secondly, I don't want to spoil too much by revealing the entire story. Needless to say, this couple (Shouryuujo and Youka) have a REALLY bumpy road ahead of them.

Spoiler:

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2003-11-11 at 19:41.
Old 2003-11-11, 20:02   Link #29
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

MASSIVE SPOILER (don't read unless you want to be really spoiled)
Spoiler:

When does this all happen and from who, spoil me please.
Old 2003-11-11, 20:20   Link #30
LynnieS

Keitarou20 -

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-11, 20:39   Link #31
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Keitarou20 -

Spoiler:
Thanks Lynnies, do you know if the anime follows the book.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-11, 22:59   Link #32
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
First:
In the novel, the order of the two fights were reversed, and the reason that Youka interfered was because the weapon of the 'fisherman' (too lazy to find the translation) hit Shouryuujo's foot, and youka made a deal out of it.
I was talking about the first fight between the scholar and the prince, not the second battle. Youka helped the scholar by throwing his needles when he was standing by the sidelines, before Shouruujo appeared. Do you remember anything about it or was I mistaken?

Last edited by Don Eunuch; 2003-11-11 at 23:41.
Old 2003-11-11, 23:53   Link #33
|Aion|
Hajime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshiba
Thanks for the link! I do think they really translate and release this in the US though.. I would gladly buy it and haven't had any good books to read lately. ^^;
Nah iv asked all over htese boards search yahoo,and amazon.com for them,even called up my local bookstore,not a single place had it.Which pisses me off,See i love the story of condor hero,even if there are any diferneces in the book,than the anime,i still want to read them.And i really dont like to read that much,but i think this story could kepp my head stuck to book instaed of my tv all day.
Old 2003-11-12, 00:29   Link #34
d00pEy

Send a message via AIM to d00pEy
finally watched it yesterday. it was good but damn these cliff hanger episodes. anyways in the cantonese version, andy lau sings the intro song. that was quite lovely. patience is good.
Old 2003-11-12, 11:33   Link #35
LynnieS

Keitarou20 -

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-16, 13:54   Link #36
Agent240sx
Inactive Member

Wow Just started watching this when a friend recommended the condor hero anime. I've watched the live action one growing up and each time I've watched it I get something new out of this story its amazing, an all time classic. When I was younger it was the most badass kung fu movie, how he came up from nothing and learnt kung fu. Now that i'm older I realised this could possibly be one of the greatest love stories of all time?! wtf! How many times did they seperate and find each other through so many different circumstances and how many obstacles did they have to overcome to be with each other, this story could define love, simply amazing!!

Almost all chinese people know this story glad other people are now able to experience it.
Old 2003-11-16, 14:35   Link #37
|Aion|
Hajime

Quote:
Keitarou20 -

Spoiler:

Why does Kakufu(a.k.a uncles daughter) do that?
Old 2003-11-16, 18:59   Link #38
koovoodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyWise
She does that because she is jealous of Youka and Koko relationship. IMO, she's just a plain dumb bitch.
Old 2003-11-16, 19:04   Link #39
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyWise
The two had an argument. Youka was being a brat (sort of) and lied to the two brothers who are constantly hanging around Kakufu (that's her name?) that they're going to get married; the brothers went off to fight to see which one was going to court her.

Do not read the below if you still want to have a happy feeling at the end of the anime...

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-16, 19:22   Link #40
|Aion|
Hajime

Quote:
The two had an argument. Youka was being a brat (sort of) and lied to the two brothers who are constantly hanging around Kakufu (that's her name?) that they're going to get married; the brothers went off to fight to see which one was going to court her.

Do not read the below if you still want to have a happy feeling at the end of the anime...

Spoiler:
Spoilers dont really affect me much,as it always is better to see it than hear about tit.

A few more questions and i guess that can end the spoiling for me.

Why does Shouryuujo leave Youka again
When she tells Kakufu about losing hear virginity,does she say that she thought it was Youka,or that shew always knew it was the preist
Last question,How does Shouryuujo find out that the preist is the one she had sex with

Last edited by PennyWise; 2003-11-16 at 19:35.
Closed Thread