AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-28, 08:34   Link #121
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
erm...concidering what happened in the latest Novel it's completly impossible for Kazumi to win no matter what happens.
Please don't spoil it... That little piece of information kind of made my interest in the series drop by half.

Owaranai Destiny: The together with Shana thing makes me wonder, does he want to leave with her because he likes her, or because he'd be easily captured by a Tomogara, and needs someone to defend him?

*Sigh* Guess I'll go write that fanfic.
Old 2008-02-28, 11:02   Link #122
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Owaranai Destiny: The together with Shana thing makes me wonder, does he want to leave with her because he likes her, or because he'd be easily captured by a Tomogara, and needs someone to defend him?
If you piece the information Aquifina has mentioned and piece it together with Yuji's resolve in this episode, you have your answer.

Yuji definitely needs someone to protect him, but Season 1 has already done the job of convincing me that he actually WANTS to go with Shana and away from the city. The previous episode and this one simply reiterated his choice to remind us of his decision.

Quote:
Off-topic: I might be starting one too, with original characters, maybe.
Old 2008-02-28, 11:15   Link #123
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Shana in this episode wasn't really whiny. But, it's just the impression I've gotten of her since the beginning, even in season one. From "Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" to her showdown with Kazumi during the twins arc, to her emo-ness early this season, she's always seemed to be more of a whiny character than a tsundere character. Maybe it's just that I think of tsundere as like Tohsaka Rin or Nanase Rumi instead, but Shana never even appeared in my mind as a tsundere until somebody told me she was like two weeks ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Desu Doll Commercial
Want to become a two time Saimoe winner like me ~desu? Well, unless you're either a tsundere, a girl with long-hair, or a Kyoto Animation drawing, it's never going to happen ~desu. If I were you, I'd just cosplay and hope I get lucky ~desu.
Okay, now that I got that out of my system...

Exactly how did it not cross your mind that Shana was a tsundere to begin with? If you think about it, Season 1 was all about feelings that many tsunderes felt- a feeling of love and not willing to admit it. Heck, the first 24 episodes onward were pretty much full of that, all the way to Shana's last Urusai x3 combo. Unless your definition of tsundere is different than the average norm, that's just not understandable. I mean, look at Shana's parallel counterpart Louise Francoise - both of them are similar, and I'm not even talking about seiyuus in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Cookie for you.

From the top of my head, those examples reminded me of the possible evidences shown in the anime about his possible feelings towards Shana, only that he might not have truly discerned it to be of romantic nature.

Considering what has been happening, I wasn't surprised that any 'romantic development' between the two hasn't been too obvious (go condemn Pheles for that, too). The closest thing to having Yuji even 'confess' in a way is his repeated declaration of knowing that he will be leaving the city together with Shana..
Well, if you remember from Episode 18, Shana did say that Yuji was lying to himself about leaving the city. This episode confirmed that, at least in terms of leaving the city, but it can apply to everything else. Does Yuji love Shana? Yes, but while Shana directly admits the opposite, Yuji discards it and tries to find another reason. I think both of them are using the avoidance principle, since both (well, just Yuji, now that Shana admitted it to herself) aren't ready to admit that they are in love.

Cookie to whoever figures out the Desu Doll commercial reference. (Hint: has nothing to do with anime)
Old 2008-02-28, 12:37   Link #124
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I mean, look at Shana's parallel counterpart Louise Francoise - both of them are similar, and I'm not even talking about seiyuus in this case.
-Violent tendencies towards love interest? Check.
-Unwilling to admit their own feelings at the beginning, yet boil over with jealousy (resulting in some bad injury to love interest at times)? Check.
-Going all dere-dere when love interest does something for them? Check.

Why, they are quite similar in most areas.

Quote:
I think both of them are using the avoidance principle, since both (well, just Yuji, now that Shana admitted it to herself) aren't ready to admit that they are in love.
That's a little strange if you make an immediate comparison to the School Festival in which Shana actually wanted to confess to him in front of the whole school several episodes ago. I assume that Shana might not actually be avoiding altogether, but things are simply made complicated by the appearance of Pheles, the Silver, Balle Masque's unknown intentions and Yuji with a new attitude of resolution.
Old 2008-02-28, 12:45   Link #125
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Except that Louise remains violent, while Shana actually matures. Shana > Louise.
Old 2008-02-28, 12:46   Link #126
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well who knows. With the appearance of Sabrac this may be Kazumi's shot to go down in a blaze of glory. Pheles showing up to go up against Sabrac with the rest could fit. Not that I'm looking for the chance for Kazumi to go down or anything. At least it was just a flashback this episode and not her repeating lines about wanting to be where Yuji is.

Still nice to have a smart and competent Yuji back. Showing his reasoning abilities and spending quite a bit of time trying to figure out what the plan was. Had thought we'd hear the last crazed scream from Yuji but . Oh well at least it had a purpose this time. Quite the scene though with him taking down the Tomogara and even breaking the guy's neck.

Though know the situation is hardly safe with a major opponent showing up.
Old 2008-02-28, 13:10   Link #127
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Sorry, Kazumi will sooner spontaneously explode before she replaces what Shana is too Yuji. Yuji only has Shana in his eyes, and its foolish to argue otherwise.
Well I'm a Shana fan but I don't dislike Kazumi and I don't want her dead

Mai: "Hey Kazumi there's a guy that, well, is crazy about you, he loves you so much, he's very intelligent and kind, and you know what?... HE IS NOT DEAD! is human like you! you should watch who is around you more"

Old 2008-02-28, 13:39   Link #128
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
If you piece the information Aquifina has mentioned and piece it together with Yuji's resolve in this episode, you have your answer.

Yuji definitely needs someone to protect him, but Season 1 has already done the job of convincing me that he actually WANTS to go with Shana and away from the city. The previous episode and this one simply reiterated his choice to remind us of his decision.

Off-topic: I might be starting one too, with original characters, maybe.
How Shakugan no Shana Should End

Not my best writing style, since I'm bad at action series. Plus I had to write it in 2,500 words or less, or it would be too long to read in an easy shot. So, it may be jumpy or something. But, that's a plot.

Owaranai Destiny: As I said, compared to Tsundere's I have seen (Tohsaka Rin, Fujibiyashi Kyou, Nanase Rumi, etc), Shana just doesn't seem to fit. She's different from them in many ways, as I've seen.
Old 2008-02-28, 14:52   Link #129
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
How Shakugan no Shana Should End

Not my best writing style, since I'm bad at action series. Plus I had to write it in 2,500 words or less, or it would be too long to read in an easy shot. So, it may be jumpy or something. But, that's a plot.

Owaranai Destiny: As I said, compared to Tsundere's I have seen (Tohsaka Rin, Fujibiyashi Kyou, Nanase Rumi, etc), Shana just doesn't seem to fit. She's different from them in many ways, as I've seen.
Good thing you didn't put that up on fanfiction.net the people there would've flamed you like hell.

Your writing styles good, though it's pretty obvious you took your imagination pretty far, since something like that happeneing's pretty impossible. I mean Shana, and Kazumi are apparently friends, so I don't think she would've said what she said in the fic.
Old 2008-02-28, 15:18   Link #130
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Good thing you didn't put that up on fanfiction.net the people there would've flamed you like hell.

Your writing styles good, though it's pretty obvious you took your imagination pretty far, since something like that happeneing's pretty impossible. I mean Shana, and Kazumi are apparently friends, so I don't think she would've said what she said in the fic.
For ChrissieXD's fanfiction, I think the only thing worth criticizing would be the continuity being inconsistent and the OOC factor.

Of course, the Shakugan no Shana section only has 32 fics so far.

Anyways, why the heck does Wilhelmina make those funny sounds while making that soup?
Old 2008-02-28, 15:28   Link #131
Kristen
*Author

Quote:

fanfiction.net... That would be a good idea. Thanks!

Also, I really don't want Wilhelmina's soup... Too sick...
Old 2008-02-28, 16:44   Link #132
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Please don't spoil it... That little piece of information kind of made my interest in the series drop by half.

Could be he just doesn't want to be alone, too. He'd be leaving the only life he's ever known. That'd be hard enough.
Old 2008-02-28, 21:40   Link #133
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

wow this is the first time i see a panty shot in shana!
Old 2008-02-28, 21:57   Link #134
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Sabrac is probably thinking "It's about time!" He's been sitting on his heels all day, just because nothing short of a purple nuke is fabulous enough an entrance for him. And I respect that.
Old 2008-02-29, 00:29   Link #135
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Holy shit this episode was awesome. Where's the option for 11/10?

I will forever remember Yuuji's GARness when he crushed the neck of the Guze no Tomogara with his bare hands. That was just plain badass.
Old 2008-02-29, 00:55   Link #136
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know. For such a smart boy, that move made no sense to me. Why give him a chance to whip out a knife? Or for his buddies to do something? He should have used Blutsauger then, instead of waiting for the last guy.
Old 2008-02-29, 18:00   Link #137
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't know. For such a smart boy, that move made no sense to me. Why give him a chance to whip out a knife? Or for his buddies to do something? He should have used Blutsauger then, instead of waiting for the last guy.
I guess the director wanted a bit of variety in the way Yuji destroyed his opponent. I thought that the scene where Yuji killed those Jaeger was nicely done. It not only provided the nice action scenes but also told us a reflection of what Yuji is becoming. I mentioned in the ep 18 thread that Yuji is becoming less human and the way in which he choked that Tomogura to death was amazingly effective in conveying his change.

Yuji's analysis of the situation was amazing this ep, might even be on par with those of Lelouch from Code Geass or Light from Deathnote lol!

Great ep and we finally get to see Sabrac.
Old 2008-02-29, 18:14   Link #138
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
It not only provided the nice action scenes but also told us a reflection of what Yuji is becoming.
Well, it "did" but that was until he started to scream like a girl again in this ep

If he really is a man, he should whip out his sword to fight Sabrac even if he knows that he will lose.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-29, 18:18   Link #139
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, it "did" but that was until he started to scream like a girl again in this ep

If he really is a man, he should whip out his sword to fight Sabrac even if he knows that he will lose.
First thing that came to mind:

Old 2008-02-29, 21:58   Link #140
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

That's not being a man; that's being a fool.

I think it also goes to show that he isn't totally ready for any OMG crap thrown his way, like Sabrac's arrival.
Closed Thread