AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 17:39   Link #41
Clarste
Human

This whole thing was one long chain of misunderstandings. I mean, that was it, the entire plot. The only problems they ever had were misunderstandings, and all character development reset whenever a new misunderstanding was necessary to advance the plot. Basically, if they had ever given each other a chance to explain, well, anything, then the whole series would be over in the third volume or so.

Either its bad writing or realistic character flaws... flaws that make it impossible for these people to ever be in a healthy relationship with anyone.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:07   Link #42
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Regardless of the whole long string of misunderstandings, it's a good ride until the end. There is a certain lack of direct conflict in it though and that's what keeps it from being one of the best in this genre and demographic, at least to me.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:18   Link #43
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
This whole thing was one long chain of misunderstandings. I mean, that was it, the entire plot. The only problems they ever had were misunderstandings, and all character development reset whenever a new misunderstanding was necessary to advance the plot. Basically, if they had ever given each other a chance to explain, well, anything, then the whole series would be over in the third volume or so.

Either its bad writing or realistic character flaws... flaws that make it impossible for these people to ever be in a healthy relationship with anyone.
If you look at any manga, anime, TV show, or movie you can cut it down a lot. Its best not to do it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Regardless of the whole long string of misunderstandings, it's a good ride until the end. There is a certain lack of direct conflict in it though and that's what keeps it from being one of the best in this genre and demographic, at least to me.
Yes. What a great ride it was.
Old 2009-07-02, 23:59   Link #44
cloudninja

Even though I remember being annoyed at both of the main characters for much of the series for things they did or did'nt do, I still enjoyed reading it. At least it meant that I cared enough about the characters that I wanted them to get together and they finally did. There have been other manga where I just stopped caring what happened.
Old 2010-10-24, 00:47   Link #45
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

I'm at chapt 98 and so far, although I'm enjoying this series immensely, the whole thing reminds me of a seinen version of Rumiko Takahashi's Maison Ikkoku. Its generally better drawn in may places, but the way its setup, the characters, the conflicts... its so Maison Ikkoku-like its uncanny, but not actually better in any specific way. I have the feeling its going to end the same too, but that will be fine. There must have been something in the water in the 90's.

Its been a great and compulsive read so far, so I HIGHLY recommend it.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:06   Link #46
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I regret that I ever picked this up, it's one of the few mangas I wish I could unread it. That girl deserved to... ... Nevermind.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:32   Link #47
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I regret that I ever picked this up, it's one of the few mangas I wish I could unread it. That girl deserved to... ... Nevermind.
What? This was a great series and the characters were all awesome.

You'll have to elaborate.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:44   Link #48
Fran~
floating away...

^ I second that.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:51   Link #49
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Well so far its going pretty swimmingly for the genre. I'll get back to you on that opinion once I complete it.
Old 2010-10-25, 09:21   Link #50
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

OK, finished.

LOVED this series. It had both all the typical situations and issues of the genre, yet managed to have its own twist on them. It still reminded me of Maison Ikkoku most of the way through (OK ALL of the way through) but only in the broad strokes. Over time it had turns that gave each significant character a chance to grow. Really nice.

Most of all though the way the final was handled was great. Dedicating a whole volume to the wrap up of the series was a real treat. I've read SO many manga that wrap in one or two chapters just to get it over with, or because the editor demanded an end that even with the good ones, the sorting out of all of the characters lives is given short shrift. In Yume de Aetara, we get to see how everything works out (after a fashion) with all of the members of the family we've gotten to know over the span of the series and it left a really good taste in my mouth.

Spoiler for The only missing part::

Great series!

Time to go back to the beginning and read it again!
Old 2010-10-25, 10:25   Link #51
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Spoiler for The only missing part::
That's what I was thinking too. We could have had so much fun with them trying to be intimate with each other. But I am glad it was skipped because it would have mostly been awkward and face palm stuff. Besides, this series didn't really have sex-anything in it. It was clean compared to many other series.
Old 2010-10-25, 10:48   Link #52
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's what I was thinking too. We could have had so much fun with them trying to be intimate with each other. But I am glad it was skipped because it would have mostly been awkward and face palm stuff. Besides, this series didn't really have sex-anything in it. It was clean compared to many other series.
I agree in large part which is why in the end, I'm good with the wrap up. IMHO it would have been lots of FUN to prolong the facepalm stuff in the area of personal physical relations, especially because in a way the author was basically leading us to it the whole time, but in the end, went for the emotional connection instead. In its own way, it indeed was a squeaky clean series after all.

I'm sure there were plenty of H Doujin done back in the early 2000's of this title. Besides, one could pick up Futari Ecchi and consider it the continuation of this series thematically speaking! Heh.
Old 2010-10-25, 10:50   Link #53
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
I agree in large part which is why in the end, I'm good with the wrap up. IMHO it would have been lots of FUN to prolong the facepalm stuff in the area of personal physical relations, especially because in a way the author was basically leading us to it the whole time, but in the end, went for the emotional connection instead. In its own way, it indeed was a squeaky clean series after all.

I'm sure there were plenty of H Doujin done back in the early 2000's of this title. Besides, one could pick up Futari Ecchi and consider it the continuation of this series thematically speaking! Heh.
Not really. Unpopular series do not get much attention in doujin part. They were more focused on Evangelion and Love Hina back then. No wonder - more sexy girls in there.
Old 2011-05-26, 14:05   Link #54
User68604
Disabled By Request

started this..i like the premise, like the characters, hope it turns out well!

edit: wow, first time i disliked the main girl MORE than the main guy...jeez..lol.

Last edited by User68604; 2011-05-26 at 14:25.
Old 2011-05-27, 16:52   Link #55
User68604
Disabled By Request

up to chapter 66

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-27, 17:23   Link #56
solomon

I thought it was cute but come on people

Godai OWNS Fuguno
Old 2011-05-28, 06:45   Link #57
User68604
Disabled By Request

Spoiler:

i hate this bish

Last edited by User68604; 2011-05-28 at 07:50.
Old 2011-05-28, 08:58   Link #58
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

What chapter is that from?
Old 2011-05-28, 09:02   Link #59
User68604
Disabled By Request

75 titled "kiss"
Old 2011-05-28, 09:22   Link #60
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I didn't realize this had NTR in it. I don't think I even knew the term when I first read it.

Such a great series, truly.

Tags
seinen, manga, romance