AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 23:41   Link #661
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

hm there no computer on the mc desk, can you even do the maya arc on p3 portable??
Old 2011-08-25, 23:52   Link #662
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Only with the male MC, and it can only be increased on Sundays or holidays. The female MC has her Hermit social link replaced with Saori from the health/library committee. It's activation is later on in the game than the male MC's.
Old 2011-08-26, 00:01   Link #663
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

thx for the quick reply heres some rep
Old 2012-04-06, 01:32   Link #664
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yo guise, guess what? P3FES is being released as a PSN download in North America for only 10 bucks next week!~ (What a steal!)

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/05...sic-next-week/

If any of you have only played the PSP version of the game (like me), then this will be a nifty deal to take up considering it includes "The Answer", which the PSP version of the game lacks.~

I'm definitely going to get it. Only thing I'm worried about though is that you can't control party members in this version. I'm not too fond of changing up AI tactics all the time.
Old 2012-04-06, 05:36   Link #665
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I would have been excited about that until I found out that I can't date the girls' volleyball captain or the cute library girl or Yukari (or all of them at once...)

I hate enforced mandatory straightness. Finishing P3P is becoming a lot harder, since it was the social aspect that kept me interested in the first place, and since I can't play how I wish, I have lost a lot of interest. If P3FES goes to PSN, it likely won't have the female main character, and the enforced mandatory straightness won't be removed.
Old 2012-04-06, 06:10   Link #666
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I would have been excited about that until I found out that I can't date the girls' volleyball captain or the cute library girl or Yukari (or all of them at once...)
yes you can, you just need a proper schedule

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 08:16   Link #667
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

I think Synaesthetic is refereeing to a) the Female MC Social Links (Rio and Saori IIRC) and b) Yuri.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 12:08   Link #668
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It makes you wonder if Atlus does do Persona 5, not only it'll give the player to choose the gender of the MC but also give him or her the gay/lesbian/bisexual route. It'll bring over the yaoi and yuri fanbases as well, right?
Old 2012-04-06, 16:19   Link #669
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
I think Synaesthetic is refereeing to a) the Female MC Social Links (Rio and Saori IIRC) and b) Yuri.
That is indeed what I'm referring to, and there are several suspicious dialogue exchanges early on that had me hoping, but both girls ended up going after dudes and leaving me in the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It makes you wonder if Atlus does do Persona 5, not only it'll give the player to choose the gender of the MC but also give him or her the gay/lesbian/bisexual route. It'll bring over the yaoi and yuri fanbases as well, right?
It'd be nice to have some game developer besides Bioware actually acknowledge the existence of lesbian and gay gamers. Especially now that Bioware has been decimated by their purchase by EA...
Old 2012-04-08, 05:26   Link #670
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
That is indeed what I'm referring to, and there are several suspicious dialogue exchanges early on that had me hoping, but both girls ended up going after dudes and leaving me in the cold.
Nah, I think they were hinting strongly that those girls really do have some sorts of feelings toward Hamuko Yukari and Mitsuru are the one who I'm most suspicious of

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 05:40   Link #671
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Nah, I think they were hinting strongly that those girls really do have some sorts of feelings toward Hamuko Yukari and Mitsuru are the one who I'm most suspicious of
I thought her "official" name was Minako Arisato. :P

And yes. Yukari. It's slightly more subtle, but not much. Rio was still the most blatant before the stupid boy flew in out of nowhere and I'm left going "buh wut?"

Mitsuru I don't know since I hadn't gotten academics high enough to access her link yet. I don't know if I'll keep playing since the game is obviously heavily focused on the dating-sim aspect and the fighting stuff is pretty dull on its own, especially with basically no real plot to back it up.

And since I'm forced to abide the mandatory straightness, it sort of kills my interest. I'm gay; I don't find boys attractive or romantically interesting at all, so it's hard to put any emotional investment into the story.
Old 2012-04-08, 08:27   Link #672
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

...Wait you haven't reached the Aeon SL? That's like the gayest thing the Persona team has done, ever, (well not ever there is still Innocent Sin, but I digress.) It is so blatant and in your face. And yeah Mitsuru is totally in love with Hamuko/Minako/Female MC.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 19:26   Link #673
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Tragically, still no FeMC, but the FES version of the PS2 release is going to be on the PSN for purchase tomorrow. It's a total steal if anyone hasn't played it and has a PS3. I'm tempted to grab it just to support Atlus, but I've technically bought this game 3 times already...

Besides, I've kinda fallen in love with the FeMC route. It really shows how much they improved at crafting the social links since Persona 4
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 19:54   Link #674
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Oh I absolutely think the female main character route is much better done, but the fact is the game forces me to chase cock or nothing at all. It disconnects me from the game, and games that have gay options always draw me in a good deal more than ones where I'm forced to either make decisions I'd never make or to avoid those parts of the game entirely.
Old 2012-04-09, 21:04   Link #675
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Oh I absolutely think the female main character route is much better done, but the fact is the game forces me to chase cock or nothing at all. It disconnects me from the game, and games that have gay options always draw me in a good deal more than ones where I'm forced to either make decisions I'd never make or to avoid those parts of the game entirely.
I'm with you there, I didn't intend my post as a reply to any previous conversation. Just discussing the upcoming release of FES to the PSN platform. And lamenting that I'll probably never get to run my FeMC around a 3D Port Island.

P3 and P4 both skirt issues of homosexuality, and when they do touch on them, it's usually tongue-in-cheek, so they don't have to get too serious about it. Two characters in P4 explore gender identity in youth, which I was thrilled to see, but no "out" characters are featured.

Maybe poor Minako just beat the laws of probability and only ever meets straight girls at her school.

Spoiler for P3 FeMC route:

Why an option to be gay beyond fanservice-y skinship and flirtation would be any more objectionable to include than... oh, I don't know... let's say... a shotacon option? Well, you've got me. Maybe in future installments.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 21:42   Link #676
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Poor Ken, Atlus really threw him to the wolves fujoshi.
Old 2012-04-11, 02:12   Link #677
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

these spin-off sound funny
Persona 3 Escape

Quote:
Persona 3 Escape is a Persona 3 spin-off developed for mobile phones.

Persona 3 Escape take place in the love hotel from Persona 3, during the third full moon.

In Persona 3 Escape you get to play this scene in a new way. The Protagonist and Yukari find themselves locked in. You have to use Personas to break out.

The game is an adventure game, so you have to investigate the room and pick the right Persona to use. When the game starts, you only have Orpheus and Io.

Players can collect Personas like Jack Frost, wich is shown in a card selecting screenshot.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Social

Quote:
Persona 3 Social is a Persona 3 spin-off developed for mobile phones.

Persona 3 Social lets players collect Personas on their cell phones through Mobage-town, a japanese social network service that's exclusive to mobile phones.

Player can take on quests and battle shadows with other players. Like most social games, Persona 3 Social is free to play.
Old 2012-08-19, 19:46   Link #678
Dextro
He Without a Title

So I finally got around to playing the copy of Persona 3 FES I got quite a while ago. I'm now 55 hours in and just finished

Spoiler for Story details:

I recently saw the Portable version for quite a nice price and I was wondering if I should pick it up to give my PSP some use on the daily commute to work. Hows the story like for the female MC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
these spin-off sound funny
Persona 3 Escape
Uhuh... Dat scene sure had me for a minute there.
Old 2012-08-19, 20:03   Link #679
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I recently saw the Portable version for quite a nice price and I was wondering if I should pick it up to give my PSP some use on the daily commute to work. Hows the story like for the female MC?
the main story pretty much the same but there are new social links
Old 2012-08-19, 21:00   Link #680
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So I finally got around to playing the copy of Persona 3 FES I got quite a while ago. I'm now 55 hours in and just finished

Spoiler for Story details:
go play the Answer next
more shocking revelations there awaits you

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps2