Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-18, 07:45   Link #81
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Ahhh... the age of love (for anime). They(meaning the japanese creators) sure love using junior high students about to be high school students for anime, don't they? Then the seniors.
Because junior and senior high students have always different issues like love or family. It's easy to create a storyline from there
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 13:10   Link #82
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
OK, now that is just kinda scary...for a European like me. I think I still prefer X Japan more But are any of these groups any popular???
Morning Musume has had nine #1 singles and ten #1 CD albums, according to the voluminous article on English Wikipedia. They have released almost 40 singles since 1998, and do movies, concerts, musicals and TV shows.

But with a quick look I don't see any of these three groups in the top 100 CD albums or singles for 2005. Wikipedia Japan makes a distinction between bands and idol groups. X Japan is a band, and these are idol groups.

However, Berryz Koubou has released 12 singles (only one of which appears to have reached the top ten), 13 DVD videos (mainly of the singles), two CD albums, six concert DVDs and six photo books, and has appeared as regulars on four TV shows since they were formed in early 2004. Both groups come out of something called the Hello! Project, which is run by a producer called Tsunku.

Maybe someone else here lives or has lived in Japan and is more familiar with the idol group phenomenon.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 14:09   Link #83
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-18, 21:59   Link #84
whyrd

YOu know Mina looks actually like Shia from shuffle...
whyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 01:53   Link #85
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for More episode 3 thoughts:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 06:26   Link #86
Skane
Anime Snark

I'm solely following this show because of the potential psycho-moe in Mizuki.
Old 2006-10-23, 06:44   Link #87
martino
makes no files now

After watching episode 2 I think that we finally got to see more of the characters, and hopefully it will get more interesting from now on...

Hehe...Kaede fans migrating onto this show
Old 2006-10-23, 18:38   Link #88
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Don't you love it when such superficial shows try to include some serious dialogue? I mean the conversation between the manager and the angsty girl in the end of episode two was seriously...laughable. The look on the guy's face when he was staring "thoughtfully" in the distance was just too much, he looked like some world leader talking about the brave new world. The conversation itself was not too bad, though angsty seemed to be convinced too easily but that was to be expected.

Oh, well, at least this series is not as bad as Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, meaning that it's actually bearable. Also I expected Mizuki to beat up the manager at some point because he kept on stalking her but someone else did - who said there were no surprises in the plot?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 20:05   Link #89
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I like that part where Toko and Tomohiro got on a little "date" of theirs. Hmm, I see a scoop if someone finds out . Anyway, the third batch girls are very thoughtful of helping him recruit Mizuki out. Too bad it didn't work the way they want it to be. Plus! they got busted for skipping practice. Oh! and that other manager is rough and scary. I wonder how she handles the other girls?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-23, 22:54   Link #90
Skane
Anime Snark

I just hope that Mizuki does not become lobotomised when she joins the group, although the OP&ED are not very encouraging. I look forward to the arc where it is revealed who she is directing her revenge against. Then maybe she can go wild there. Mmmm... cute girls smashing guitars on people's head.

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-24, 03:37   Link #91
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

If anyone is looking for killer lolis, I think they've come to the wrong place. However, after seeing episode 4, I am wondering if I, who am looking for a story and characters and some pleasant emotions, may have come to the wrong place, too. Lemon Angel Project was actually much better, despite the stellar seiyuu lineup here. This week it took 24 minutes for just about nothing to happen -- ast least nothing that ad any emotional force for me. I did her some good work from Sakai Kanako (REC) and Chihara Minori (SHnY), though.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-24 at 12:35.
Old 2006-10-24, 05:06   Link #92
Dirty-jin
The dirty one!!

Did someone say loli??.....lol j/k

I've just started watching this anime... the OP is quite cute.... i dont quite like ED seems a bit dull......overall this anime isnt bad.....lol... hopely i dont get scold for saying this but "i like there music"...
Dirty-jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 10:40   Link #93
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-28, 20:45   Link #94
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Just started watching this, didn't realize it was by the creators of Shuffle! which ended terribly. Hopefully this one works better. Very cute very moe show which I adore.

What episode is out so far? I'm thinking 4 now? What day of the week and what time do episodes air in Japan?
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 21:26   Link #95
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Just started watching this, didn't realize it was by the creators of Shuffle! which ended terribly. Hopefully this one works better. Very cute very moe show which I adore.

What episode is out so far? I'm thinking 4 now? What day of the week and what time do episodes air in Japan?
The first channel to air it is on Tuesdays at 1:30am (Japanese time, of course), and episode 4 aired last week. It's not really by the creators of Shuffle per se (it premiered as a short story series in Magical Cute Magazine, and the game was by Princess-Soft), but Navel sort of took over the project now thanks to personnel (most notably the character designer).

In other news, here are some images of the Prologue DVD, which I received in the mail the other day. If nothing else, the character designs in the show are very nice.
Spoiler for Lovely Idol Prologue DVD Box Cover:

The DVD also came with a very nice 24-page full-colour booklet of character illustrations by Aoi Nishimata (the original character desginer).
Spoiler for Lovely Idol Prologue DVD Booklet Covers:
The DVD itself is narrated by Ruri's VA, and features an introduction to all the characters (the first two generations, as well as the new third generation), interviews with Aoi Nishimata, the main cast, the key staff members, and a preview of the first episode. It's sort of an alternate (and longer) version of the Promo DVD that was included in the most recent issue of Magical Cute magazine.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 00:10   Link #96
Catnips

The upcoming DVD release in Japan looks nice(got to preorder one soon....)
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 01:59   Link #97
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Princess Soft made Hourglass of Summer which I really enjoyed. Plus by the closing credits I'm 95% certain who the main girl will be. I think it'll be pretty cool. Thanks for the play time, how much is that prologue DVD and what's in it? It may be worth it for that character booklet . . .
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 14:53   Link #98
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Watched episode 5...
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-01, 17:31   Link #99
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Watched episode 5...
Spoiler:
About that,

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nvis; 2006-11-02 at 01:23.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 18:20   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, that other manager is his elder sister. And Ruri (long blonde twin-tails) is his little sister and wants to be a manager, too. I enjoyed the beach episode more than ep4. There is yet hope. Great VA cast, anyway, even if some of them may be mailing in their performances.

I just have to say that when someone mentions a VA without giving her name, it hurts me. And stimulates me to fill the gap, lol. Ruri's VA is Sakai Kanako, a comparative newcomer who was Aka in REC and now has appeared as a host on a seiyuu interview show in Japanese TV. Here are pics of all the main female VAs in this show.

And times/days for all current anime are in the "fall anime calendar" in my sig.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-01 at 21:03.

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk