AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 22:24   Link #3941
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Still hoping to see Cypha suffering a villanous breakdown, just sayin xD
But still, I also wanted it happened to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
The Hucks do care about each other, though, so they'd likely make a sacrifice for one of their own.
Well, they care about each other outside, but only care about themselves inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
If making a sacrifice always involved knowing exactly who it was they were doing it for, what would charity be in this world? No, the Hucks wouldn't know any of those people. That doesn't make them statistics.
That's because in the Huck's head they can't distinguish between dispose life with the senseless sacrifice. Although they have high intelligence, but morally, they actually dropped sharply. They know they feel guilty, but their guilty buried deeply with their stubborn and egocentric nature.

Quote:
A fair possibility but i think it won't work that easily. the Hucks aren't like the numbers, even if Curren is their leader she didn't brainwashed Cypha, Veyron or Deville into being killers without knowing the meaning or consequences of doing that. the Hucks aren't innocent people in the slightiest(with the possible exception of Stella) most of them are young adults very concsious of their actions and situation around them, each one has demonstrated it on separate ocassions(Cypha and Fortis give a lot of exposition about what an Eclipse Driver is, Veyron is all snarky about his killings and Deville flat out reject Fate's "we can understand each other" speech arguing that isn't necessary). Even if Curren is the head of the opperation all of them have a lot of responsibilities to answer for.
They may be forgetting themselves who they really are. They may have their brains are not washed, but philosophically they seemed to be taught about the hatred in this world. Most likely, Curren was the one who taught them about it.

Quote:
Fate and the younger Numbers were spared in part thanks because they are below legal age at the moment while the Wolks received decent tratement because of their cooperative behavior and willingness to pay for their crimes.
It's because of their willingness to change. Fate admit her mistakes and be a friend to Nanoha, especially as she prepared to help her friend who was in danger. The Wolkies a companion to Nanoha and Fate for their willingness to admit mistakes they did. Some younger Numbers (except Sette) admit their mistakes. They want to help the Bureau solve JS Incident cases voluntarily, and the results, some of them finally become a member of the Bureau.

The problem concerning Huckies, the average of them was probably around 20 to 30 years (save for Arnage and Stella). They may be under control physically, but mentally, they are down. They know that killing is wrong, but in conscience and mind from the eyes of their hearts, as if it was sealed tightly by their hungry nature as beasts. In my opinion, almost all of them all has fallen completely into the darkness.

Quote:
As we're discussed before Stella have the best opportunity out of the Hucks to be forgiven.
Perhaps the "gift" worthy for Stella is a spank in her butt with high-voltage stun rod coated with anti Eclipse vaccines, maybe?

Given the Subaru has a friendly nature of all the children she met, Subaru could have dedicated to face the "ignorant child" on this one. Heh, just kidding.
Old 2011-08-30, 23:34   Link #3942
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Still, leaders giving themselves up in exchange for lesser punishments for their companions isn't unheard of.
I agree with lesser punishments, but i really really doubt Curren's maneuver will manage to convince the TSAB to let the rest of the Hucks "free to go".

Quote:
Hayate: You're all under arrest!

Curren: Oh come on, we helped you save the day.

Signum: ... Five minute head start.
Somehow i like this ending xD.

Wait, if the Hucks get cured, that don't leave them powerless? ...well, de-eclipsed at least(i wonder what kind of magic style each one of them used to practice before their infections).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 00:13   Link #3943
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Well, they care about each other outside, but only care about themselves inside.
And you base this statement on what? There's been nothing to suggest that they don't truely care about each other. Curren even outright threatens Hayate by saying if she seriously tried to harm the others she would have killed her.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:30   Link #3944
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Curren have a higher ground of thinking on that issue.

Also, Raiser is correct in that we don't know the details yet, from the point of view i understand from Raiser and his "survival instinct" stance, i think the Hucks care about each other mainly because it's easier to survive if you hang out with people who have the same goal/mindset. After all, it all comes down to survive, the moment some of them must decide between his/her own life and the lives of their companions i'm pretty sure they will choose their own lives and leave their companions behind. After all it goes with their "screw other lives, i want to live" suppossed philosophy.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 00:49   Link #3945
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

You're right about the grouping together thing. Strength in numbers, and who better to understand you than people in the same boat as you. Those bonds are strengthened when you add an "us vs them" element to it. They're like a tightly knit clique.

I don't necessary agree with your thought that they'd abandon each other if it came down to it. The "screw others" thing is, again, directed at masses of strangers that mean nothing to them. But when it comes to their family members it's different. Those people actually matter to them.

If your brother needs a new vital organ and you're the only viable donor, you'd probably agree to do it. But if you were asked to donate to a complete stranger it's far less likely you'd do it, especially if it resulted in your own death. Is anyone here a registered donor? And I'm not talking about in the event of your death.

I'm sure if there was no other choice, one of them would stay behind to fight off waves of opponents while the others escaped.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:06   Link #3946
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably but i'm talking about being confronted to a real life or death situation, so far the have the luxury of confronting very non-threatening opponents, so confront Hayate or anyone else on Section Six isn't even a real danger for any of the Hucks. I wonder who will be the ones to past the test among them when they really find them in a situation where one of them must put his/her life and the live of another Huck on a scale. According with the "law of nature" you mentioned, self-preservation is the ultimate goal and the main reason behind the Huckebein's amoral and sociopathic behavior. They accepted to be like that because they don't want to die, then why waste their so preciated lives? If Curren is to be believed there are more Eclipse Drivers out there so maybe you can still be able to find new companions, so why bother about it? Fortis getting upset at Tohma's noble sacrifice for the sake of others is a good example of this, for Fortis, sacrificing your live for others is such a stupid descicion that it managed to upset him. I don't know about Veyron or Deville's feelings but i can feel a selfish and traitorus vibe coming from him.

But well, that's a common thing with villain teams, they're bonded by their own ambitions(in this case their ambition to survive above anyone else). Usually all falls appart the moment one of the villains wants to gain more than the others and becomes a menace for the goals of the other members. Still, Curren seems to be a very charismatic leader so at least will be interesting to see how she manage to avoid this, she's in charge of a farm filled with selfish beasts ready to kill whatever(and whoever) necessary to preserve their own lives but somehow she managed to make them avoid biting each other. Wonder how long she will be able to mantain this.

Quote:
I'm sure if there was no other choice, one of them would stay behind to fight off waves of opponents while the others escaped.
Curren, Arnage or Deville probably, i don't see any of the others doing such a thing xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 01:07   Link #3947
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Somehow i like this ending xD.
Because that's totally ripped off from Justice League Unlimited.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:08   Link #3948
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Because that's totally ripped off from Justice League Unlimited.
I know it, Raiser gives Batman's line to the goddamn Signum xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 01:14   Link #3949
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I felt Signum's serious character would be the most fitting equivalent for Batman's.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:19   Link #3950
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Signum is the closest to Batman in terms of behavior while Teana have the closest approach to his "badass detective" method of crime-fighting.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 01:51   Link #3951
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Maybe Fate close with the Superman, both of them are the heroes fight for greater good.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:09   Link #3952
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I see Nanoha more akin to Superman, she's popular(Ace of Aces), righteous, tends to impose their ways on her opponents from time to time(Supes "righteousness" makes him to look like a somewhat prepotent guy sometimes), wear USA flag colourset and is the most prominent heroine among her group.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 02:22   Link #3953
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Fate can be Flash, aka The Scarlet Speedster. ^.^
Old 2011-08-31, 02:46   Link #3954
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Fate can be Flash, aka The Scarlet Speedster. ^.^
Nah, she's not happy go lucky enough, Fate would be more Wonder Woman

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 02:48   Link #3955
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Just keeping people abridged of my opinion of the discussion
Round and round and round we go!

Quote:
Then let's just get this out of the way once and for all: What did you make of Reinforce asking to be killed, and Nanoha and Fate agreeing to it?

Or should Reinforce have had the right to live, at the expense of how many planets again?
That would be a decent ending, if not for us knowing that there is a cure in the works. It'd be like killing of Reinforce while knowing she could be fixed.

Quote:
On the side, if you erase the virus with all of its homicidal "go postal!" feelings and mind screwery, then the Huckebein are no longer the Huckebein after the fact and are in fact completely different people with the memories of someone else. Or tl;dr, the Huckebein are dead then anyways.

Asking for what Eins got at least allows them to have some cognition of how utterly screwed up they are, and at least try to do something about it.
Depends, if it only erases the murderous sentiment, the parts of their more peaceful personalities we've seen will still be the same. They'd be changed, but not completely different people. I don't see why they would desire a death when they now essentially have a new life to explore.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 02:56   Link #3956
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Nah, she's not happy go lucky enough, Fate would be more Wonder Woman
Meh, that works too.
Old 2011-08-31, 09:05   Link #3957
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Wonder Woman can be pretty ruthless at times, though. She did snap Max's neck.

Maybe Fate would be Captain Marvel

Partial raws up at the usual place:

Spoiler:

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2011-08-31 at 09:19.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 09:56   Link #3958
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Can you PM'me the usual place?

Quote:
Spoiler:
It's official now: Signum's a dumbass...

Spoiler for DU'H:

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-31, 10:12   Link #3959
green-link94

you know cypha blocked that attack well tried to.
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 10:19   Link #3960
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Upon closer inspection I think Veyron actually punched through the guy's head.

Tags
manga, nanoha force