AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-09, 16:22   Link #161
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
They're all dead as of Macross 7. At least according to what I've read from other fans.
I think this is the part where I will ask, show me official proof.

Regardless, Exsedol only expressed the fact that there was an immense disparity in strength between the Zent and the Varauta, but that came from his past experiences, before SPACE WAR I. Regardless, the Varauta were eventually defeated and imprisoned.

During Space War I, Exsedol stated quite simply that there were thousands of million ship Zent fleets still in existence, and no official materials ever stated that they perished before, during or after the events of Macross 7. Again, most of them have not yet encountered or know of humans because presumably, most of them are still engaged in wars against the Supervision Army.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-09, 16:28   Link #162
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I think this is the part where I will ask, show me official proof.

Regardless, Exsedol only expressed the fact that there was an immense disparity in strength between the Zent and the Varauta, but that came from his past experiences, before SPACE WAR I. Regardless, the Varauta were eventually defeated and imprisoned.

During Space War I, Exsedol stated quite simply that there were thousands of million ship Zent fleets still in existence, and no official materials ever stated that they perished before, during or after Macross 7.

- Tak
I was hoping someone else could do it. Shame on me.
Old 2008-05-09, 16:38   Link #163
ReddyRedWolf

Actually the Varuta were liberated they were their own people.

The Protodevlin just went away.

Max was surprised that big fleets like Chlore's still existed. (Macross 7 Encore)

Also Rey's old Pink Pecker squadron (UN spacy must mave run out of names) encountered what was described as uncultured Zentradi remnants .
Old 2008-05-09, 16:45   Link #164
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Actually the Varuta were liberated they were their own people.
I meant to say Protodevilns, my apologies.

Quote:
Max was surprised that big fleets like Chlore's still existed. (Macross 7 Encore)

Also Rey's old Pink Pecker squadron (UN spacy must mave run out of names) encountered what was described as uncultured Zentradi remnants .

Because Chlore once belonged to Baldoza's 5 million ship fleets, thus Max was surprised to see remnants of that particular fleet. It was believed that most of that particular fleet was wiped out, but the key phrase here is 'Baldoza's Fleet', singular.

Most of the 'rogue' fleets encountered by humans in near-Earth galaxy all belonged to Baldoza's Fleet. Please note that the galaxy is a big place, and the humans, although expanding, are not too excited about the idea of exposing themselves too greatly, because in theory, they could.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-09, 16:51   Link #165
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
During Space War I, Exsedol stated quite simply that there were thousands of million ship Zent fleets still in existence, and no official materials ever stated that they perished before, during or after the events of Macross 7. Again, most of them have not yet encountered or know of humans because presumably, most of them are still engaged in wars against the Supervision Army.

- Tak
In fact some people mistakes speculation for facts. Large Zentradi armies are probably still out there, but most likely there are Supervision Army as large as well out there. If the Supervision Army was almost gone then the immense Zentradi fleets wouldn't be busy in skirmishes against it.
Old 2008-05-09, 17:56   Link #166
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Is this the general Macross Frontier thread?
cause I can not find one....
Old 2008-05-09, 18:19   Link #167
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Is this the general Macross Frontier thread?
cause I can not find one....
Nope, that'd be the Macross Frontier Generic thread. This thread is for speculating on the upcoming events in the show.
Old 2008-05-10, 00:18   Link #168
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Nope, that'd be the Macross Frontier Generic thread. This thread is for speculating on the upcoming events in the show.
ah thank you I could not find it 0-o
Old 2008-05-11, 07:51   Link #169
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
All i can say, is VF-27....

VF-27....

Does anyone know what that is?

D:
Old 2008-05-12, 08:12   Link #170
ipernorris

In episode 6 the guy who narrates said that the fold is an imperfect way to travel across the galaxy: why was it stated in a tv episode in general and not in a databook? Such technicalities often annoy the young viewers so it's quite strange: the only reason I see the authors did this is because of this particular is relevant to the general plot, don't you agree? And why was it said in episode 6 in particular?
I think the most likely reason is that this particular will play a huge role in the upcoming battle against the Vajra so perhaps the Vajra DOESN'T have this limit...
Old 2008-05-12, 08:37   Link #171
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
In episode 6 the guy who narrates said that the fold is an imperfect way to travel across the galaxy: why was it stated in a tv episode in general and not in a databook? Such technicalities often annoy the young viewers so it's quite strange: the only reason I see the authors did this is because of this particular is relevant to the general plot, don't you agree? And why was it said in episode 6 in particular?
I think the most likely reason is that this particular will play a huge role in the upcoming battle against the Vajra so perhaps the Vajra DOESN'T have this limit...
I think they wanted to explain fold disruptions, which is why there was no communication with Frontier and they and the Galaxy fleet had to bunny hop, instead of making one large jump.

Though I still don't understand the problem exactly. Mostly because I don't understand how Fold Space Technology works.
Old 2008-05-12, 09:08   Link #172
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
I think they wanted to explain fold disruptions, which is why there was no communication with Frontier and they and the Galaxy fleet had to bunny hop, instead of making one large jump.

Though I still don't understand the problem exactly. Mostly because I don't understand how Fold Space Technology works.
not just you. I think it's abit like Stargate, they know how to build the technology, they know how to use it. But they just don't completely understand the theory behind it.

I guess only the Protoculture can be realistically asked, unless they too just stumble upon it and also don't have a complete understanding of it, but that's hard to believe from a civilization that can make geneticially engineer organic inter-dimensional energy converter

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2008-05-12 at 13:37.
Old 2008-05-12, 10:24   Link #173
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
I guess only the Protoculture can be realistically asked, unless they too just stumble upon it and also don't have a complete understanding of it, but that's hard to beleive from a civilization that can make geneticially engineer organic inter-dimensional energy converter
Well Gattai fansub said that it was the limit of the "Protoculture's civilization", so even the Protocuture seemed to have this problem. But anyway my doubt was about the explanation being merely useful to explaining the "fold dislocation" problem or it will have a major role in the future plot.

EDIT I looked for the fold thing on Macross Compendium and I've found this:
Quote:
A type of warp (or what is called super-light-velocity spatial displacement) navigation that can travel ultra long distances nearly instantaneously. To explain in simple terms, a fold transports a spacecraft in a very short amount of time by first swapping the location of the spacecraft with super dimension space or subspace, and then swapping the super dimension space with the space at the destination.

According to U.N. Spacy First Lieutenant Misa Hayase during Space War I (2009-2010), an hour passes in super dimension space as approximately ten days passes in normal space. The act of entering super dimension space is called a "fold in." When arriving at the destination, the act of leaving super dimension space is called a "defold" or a "fold out."
Perhaps the fold dislocation is what I put in bold. If this is true then I fear Macross Galaxy is done for.
Old 2008-05-12, 10:44   Link #174
Wesley84

Quote:
Well Gattai fansub said that it was the limit of the "Protoculture's civilization", so even the Protocuture seemed to have this problem. But anyway my doubt was about the explanation being merely useful to explaining the "fold dislocation" problem or it will have a major role in the future plot.

EDIT I looked for the fold thing on Macross Compendium and I've found this:

Perhaps the fold dislocation is what I put in bold. If this is true then I fear Macross Galaxy is done for.
They captured Macross Galaxy. Right now it's a rescue mission of the defending fleet and whatever people that managed to evacuate. At this rate, we might see two colony fleets duke it out.
Old 2008-05-12, 11:04   Link #175
ipernorris

Quote:
They captured Macross Galaxy. Right now it's a rescue mission of the defending fleet and whatever people that managed to evacuate. At this rate, we might see two colony fleets duke it out.
Are you referring to the ship which folded out near the scout fighters? I understood it was a SURVIVOR's ship, meaning they are the only one who managed to escape alive and there were some Vajra on that ship because they just folded out from the battlefield. I think most of Macross Galaxy is gone...
Old 2008-05-12, 11:22   Link #176
ReddyRedWolf

Given Leon and President Glass' conversation there has been a contingency of Operation M in Frontier also. Originally it was intentended for Zentradi fleets with Culture Shock by song.

After decades in the back burner Operation M found new life with the effectiveness of Nekki Basara's singing snapping pilots out of mind control and driving away the Protodevlin.

Also if spoilers are right the events of Macross Zero are public knowledge but Mr. Viller, New UN Spacy and Frontier government haven't made the connection yet with singing with the Vajra.

Ranka Lee or Sheryl Nome for Operation M.
Old 2008-05-12, 11:22   Link #177
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

If M7 is any indication, folding will also grab any near objects as well as the ship that's actually jumping.

Could be that the ship jumped just to get away and the fold snagged the near by Vajra.
Old 2008-05-12, 11:23   Link #178
Wesley84

Quote:
Are you referring to the ship which folded out near the scout fighters? I understood it was a SURVIVOR's ship, meaning they are the only one who managed to escape alive and there were some Vajra on that ship because they just folded out from the battlefield. I think most of Macross Galaxy is gone...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=37

Ask him about a captured Galaxy. I no longer have Gakkai's sub, but their's was alot different from I-Zs, so I don't know what is what right now.
Old 2008-05-12, 12:57   Link #179
Tsuchiro

bah deleted post

Last edited by Tsuchiro; 2008-05-12 at 13:07.
Old 2008-05-12, 13:11   Link #180
glyph

Quote:
Given Leon and President Glass' conversation there has been a contingency of Operation M in Frontier also. Originally it was intentended for Zentradi fleets with Culture Shock by song.
I feel that was more a gallows humor joke about the Vajra ("Hey, why don't we try singing the bloodthirsty brainless killer insects to submission? It's worked on all the other adversaries before, lol") than any kind of real contingency plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers