Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-17, 05:07   Link #1281
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
You mentioned two of the most famous(or infamous) anime that had a surprising ending.

Spoiler for Canvas 2/Shuffle fiascos:
Quote:
I hope that if they plan to make Sylvia win, that they give the relationship some proper development.
If it's heading towards a Sylvia win, then there's ample time for development. After all, Charlotte had the same amount of time in pursuing and chasing after Teppei, enough to build up to what we're all seeing now. That's not to say Sylvia doesn't have any development, or it came out of the blue, it's quite the contrary as it's been Sylvia -> Teppei for a bit now, and all it takes it Teppei to get confused between the two girls to really get the ball rolling.

That's why I feel that calling winner at this point of the series is much too early; when the second half just opened up, it opened up to a lot of new possibilities. Well, that's depending on whether the anime chooses to pursue it, which I think we'll know with the next episode.

That, and I feel bad for betting on the 2D species of my gender like they're racehorses, but oh well, that's pretty much the only reason why I watch this series. For the prediction odds!

Charlotte : 58 %
Sylvia : 40 %
Yuu : 1 %
Seika : 1%

Last edited by cheesie; 2009-08-17 at 05:17.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 06:51   Link #1282
Wrath88
Kissing...

Just went by the Ricotta site. DVD vol 1 comes out on 23/10. I never pay attention to the trends, so does anyone know how long the wait is between DVD volumes?

EDIT: Went a bit further to the prilover.tv site. Vol 2 is 25/11. So by calculations, we'd get our chance to see onsen episode in its full glory around christmas. And ED single is 26th of this month.

Last edited by Wrath88; 2009-08-17 at 07:13.
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 09:22   Link #1283
justavisitor

just watched the subs...pretty good episode!!!

Now the question is:
Spoiler for spoiler:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 00:17   Link #1284
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Sylvia still has one more trump card left to go (and a very large one at that), and depending on whether the anime chooses to use it, it might actually cut all of Charlotte's winner flags with a swoop.

There are two opportunities to play that card : the next two episodes, or if they're saving Sylvia's arc as the big finale of the series.

The first half of the series has just ended; it's at this point here where they start weeding out the Red Herrings. As the second half of the series is proceeding, Charlotte just has to be extra cautious as...

Spoiler for Canvas 2/Shuffle dissection:

Right now, I really could see it going either way, maybe slightly leaning more towards Charlotte. But if the anime is going towards one of the directions I see it going, and if Sylvia plays her cards right, then there will be no doubt she'll deliver an equivalent of a Royal Flush over Charlotte's Full House in the very end.
At this point it feels like a Charlotte ending. The entire first half has been about her and Teppei....it's like the other girls are just there.

To be frank I understand where you're coming from but I'd be very surprised if Charlotte ended up losing.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 09:59   Link #1285
Wrath88
Kissing...

It's not actually that surprising. I've only went through a small part of the game, and Charlotte's a LOT more pushier than she's shown in the anime. And yet, Teppei can still end up with someone else.
Old 2009-08-18, 10:35   Link #1286
satomianzaki

i think its kinda clear now that the plot is really going towards charlotte's route...

the one that needs the saving is charlotte (princess in distress) and the other girls are just there to support teppei to rescue her...

so i think i'll just stick around and wait for the episode when teppei and sylvie will drop the engagement...and oh, when charlotte drop her engagement with the new guy as well...oh i'm so happy...not...

(kinda sucks to know that i'm in the losing end and can't hide my bitterness about it)...

oh well, its a good thing i'm used to it...hehehe...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 12:51   Link #1287
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
i think its kinda clear now that the plot is really going towards charlotte's route...
Remember that we are on week 7 out of 12.

That means 5 weeks to go. If they are focusing on Charlotte now, then she is not a winner.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 13:24   Link #1288
zato_1one

If it has 24 episodes then I agree that Charlotte won't be a winner. Next episode will still be Charlotte x Teppei. The remaining are episode 9-12. But I think the winner should be cleared since episode 11. I really doubt who can beat Charlotte in episode 9-10. But I do hope that something will happen and it can change my mind.

I admit that I'm not fond of Charlotte's route but I also don't prefer the anime to pull Shuffle on us again. Changing the ending just for pure surprising without proper development or hints will make it more worst. IMO
Old 2009-08-18, 13:30   Link #1289
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post

That means 5 weeks to go. If they are focusing on Charlotte now, then she is not a winner.
But what if the rescue takes two episodes to complete? Then it's 9 out of 12
I like Charlotte anyway, so I clearly won't mind if that happens
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-18, 13:35   Link #1290
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

It is a bit suspicious that they're playing up Charl's story at only the halfway point. I am beginning to think we will be subverting First Girl Wins here after all. Especially with the precedents of both Shuffle! and Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka.

Sylvia: 65%
Charlotte: 15%
Yuu: 15%
Seika: 5%

I bumped Yuu up just for the possibility that she's really flying under everyone's radar right now. After all, technically speaking she's the one spending the most time with Teppei, not Charl. Seika is, regrettably, dead last now barring a Shyamalan-grade twist in the story.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 13:55   Link #1291
zato_1one

What I think that can deviate next episode to be Charlotte x Teppei is letting Silvia saves Charlotte instead. <_< Gives her a good hug, Silvia.
Old 2009-08-18, 14:21   Link #1292
zato_1one

I suggest that you should put that in spoiler tag.

Spoiler for shuffle:
Old 2009-08-18, 15:31   Link #1293
justavisitor

Speaking of Shuffle, Shuffle has different endings for different materials
Spoiler for spoiler:

I wonder would this series follow suit
Old 2009-08-18, 17:43   Link #1294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post

This show has already shown that it's not your everyday harem 'main girl will win' show. & it's not as if the show is focusing just on Charlotte. There's the main plot going on, and her development along the way, which i personally wanted to see.

They'll probably deal with Sylvie after this, and then back to Charlotte for the finish.
Old 2009-08-18, 17:57   Link #1295
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Hmmm we'd have to take this into relative though. Shuffle had 24 episodes.

This has 12 so it should be treated a little differently.

Aside from Charlotte, Sylvie's had a few moments here and there where she actually connected with Teppei.

So who knows? Though they are going full out with Charlotte and even Teppei's returning the feeling as well so it's more like.

90% for Charlotte, 18% for Sylvie, and 1% for Seika and the maid.
That's 110% but I think it's still accurate . In the current Arc both Sylvia's and Charlotte's countries are involved. This will probably last the rest of the Show. Really it shouldn't be resolved so fast. My estimate is character closure for Sylvia and further development for Charlotte. But there are little clues here and there that suggest Sylvia. Really though, Unless they totally develop Sylvia in these next couple of episodes it'll seem rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
It is a bit suspicious that they're playing up Charl's story at only the halfway point. I am beginning to think we will be subverting First Girl Wins here after all. Especially with the precedents of both Shuffle! and Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka.

I bumped Yuu up just for the possibility that she's really flying under everyone's radar right now. After all, technically speaking she's the one spending the most time with Teppei, not Charl. Seika is, regrettably, dead last now barring a Shyamalan-grade twist in the story.
I Would agree with the fact that they're already on Charlotte's issues too quickly. If this arc is resolved quickly, They'll probably move on to Sylvia's Issues (If this Arc doesn't solve them) and something will have to act as a sparker for their relationship.

Basically I think the end result depends completely on timing. Seika's problems are resolved so it takes her out of the picture, Yuu's are also. Charlotte's are getting resolved and Sylvia's have not been tackled.

It's like a murder mystery but it's Romance!
Please at least spoiler the Shuffle! Spoilers, I probably won't ever watch it but some people probably don't want to be spoiled.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-08-18 at 21:18.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 18:00   Link #1296
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Yeah but Charlotte is playing the damsel in distress this case. I just don't see him going anywhere after that.

Seriously....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 19:14   Link #1297
Arya

Just finished 7 ep.
Spoiler for speculations:
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 19:15   Link #1298
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Haha this show is getting better and better. The person Teppei ends up with is like almost for sure Charlotte.
Old 2009-08-18, 19:35   Link #1299
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Episode 7 was awesome. Now things are getting interesting!
Old 2009-08-18, 19:56   Link #1300
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post

If we had more episodes, then I could agree with you. Unfortunately we have 5 weeks left. There's just not enough time to focus Teppei's attention towards another girl, especially since most of his reactions have been around Charlotte. This series is too short to realistically end any other way(much to my ).

It's more like

Charlotte: 80%
Sylvia: 15%
Yuu: 4%
Seika 1%

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen