AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 8 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 18.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 29.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 21.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-27, 08:07   Link #41
deffusse
otaku[SK]

First about the episode,... it was realy a good one, I mean I haven't expected such a good show, it surprised me a lot. They did great job with using cute character like sae now, after those two hard slap girls { You know I like you Kaoru but... }. There wasn't any top notch quality in this episode, but it was nice as it was. The narrator seems to be step backwards, çause this styl doesn't suit the series well. And the rating for this episode, hm .. 8/10 seems to be exactly suitable.
Old 2010-08-27, 08:14   Link #42
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking Seeing it a second time with subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
Majority of people seems to like the narrator; I don't, though. Every time that creepy voice suddenly began to speak, it ruined the atmosphere for me. But still, the narrator is such a huge let-down...
Well finally someone who feels more or less the same way about the whole narrator thing. Yeah I hope in the next episode it does not come back at all. It would be a good riddance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockimabal View Post
I think it was a funny episode and I like the way Junichi was assertive this episode, by the way i'm guessing Sae is the 'cute' character cos she looks a bit different from the last time she made an appearance.

Edit: Pics
Spoiler:
Actually what's also to remark is the way her blushing is and the way she acts is also better than earlier on. Also a lot was shown to how much she got used to Miya being with her specifically with episode 8.
I came across what I feared the most=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/b2158d7a.jpg
What the heck Miya! It really was what I though it might be. That made Sae may not comfortable at all. I think only the trust in Miya made her not run away. I though about this=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/fe32a540.jpg
a lot and just one thing what the heck is wrong with Japan? If I was working in a farm.....could they still take it as a exception or not? Guess I would have to transfer if not.

Some other interesting key points....the ED! Seen it like 12 times now. I can't stress out the following things about Sae based on that ED with translations-> Links serve to see which part of the subs I refer to as.
-Thinks about you more when you are not around her.
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/9a4ef3a3.jpg
-Loves you more when she thinks about you.
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/ad41e955.jpg
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/8e212558.jpg
-Wants to have long chats.
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/bae3b8e0.jpg
-Does not look to anyone but you (her boyfriend).
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/f3af3ceb.jpg
-Wants to be alone with you more than anything.
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/d02dbd58.jpg
-Is faithful
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/11f1edf0.jpg
I am sorry Morishima and Kaoru but she is way more ideal and faithful to me with her ED based on its meaning. Now to see if Rihoko will beat her or not. If not Sae will be #1. Man if I did not marry the anime character Sawako....I would do it for Sae right away.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-08-27 at 11:32.
Old 2010-08-27, 08:26   Link #43
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ookami-type narration was so random and unneeded...
What is this "Ookami-type" narration? Since when is Ookami-san the first series to have a narrator with variation and interacts with the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: Sae gets +10 point for being the only heroine wearing thighhighs everyday.
Hell yeah!!! Zettai ryouiki is instant win.
Old 2010-08-27, 08:39   Link #44
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Hell yeah!!! Zettai ryouiki is instant win.
Depends on which girl but the shy type always works out somehow.
Old 2010-08-27, 10:26   Link #45
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

8/10 for me.

I do, however, have the same reaction to this episode as Kurogane here:
http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/201...amagami-ss-09/

Sae so far is rather cute, though her timidness will grow on me.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-27, 11:12   Link #46
Nosauz

Overall with two arcs down I feel rather depressed by the series, every time I watch this show it just feels like my soul is being eaten by some nether beast. At least the narrator was interesting and kind of mixed it up but still it felt campy. This might just be it's shtick so I really shouldn't shellack it too much for it's aims but I guess my disappointment stems from potential to tell some great stories with rather well designed characters.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:20   Link #47
roankun
Tsundere Lover

...wtf....

EDIT: This episode was... no... just... no... kinda no...

EDIT2: Narrator, bad. It's just like Hayate, or Ookami-san, which is just no because it's even airing on the day right after. And it's not even funny. I was all "duh" every time it talks. Ookami's was fine, because they did that from the very start so I find it tolerable now, but this...

ED song, tune and beat would have been okay, if the voice... I knew she had a whispery, nonexistent voice, but wtf. If somebody else had sang that song, it might have even made it to my "mediocre ipod"...

Also, animation quality decline. WTF.

I take back what I said before. I'm glad they did Haruka's arc first. Now I don't have to go through the pain of this with one of my fave characters.

EDIT3: How many wtf's did I write? Anyway, I might just skip Sae's arc, but I really really hope the reason for the suckish quality is because they're saving their budget for Ai's arc.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:36   Link #48
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
ED song, tune and beat would have been okay, if the voice... I knew she had a whispery, nonexistent voice, but wtf. If somebody else had sang that song, it might have even made it to my "mediocre ipod"...
So still no one liked the ED as much as me......now seeing it a 16th time...yeah I guess I am obsessed with it.....got it somehow as a video on my portable media phone player.
Quote:
Yeah that I noticed but they did improve Sae compared to first episode like someone mentioned earlier on.

Also.....Miya might her shinning moments in this arc but also there will be some of her in Ai's arc too...don't forget that one.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:46   Link #49
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Yeah my QUALITY detector's going into overdrive and my apprehension about 4 arcs of Sae's voice are kinda spot on. Granted though, I sense a hint of progress and development in her character to come so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Glamorous body indeed, I guess she counts also as the 'erokawa' in the series? And Miya is awesome once again.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:08   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What is this "Ookami-type" narration? Since when is Ookami-san the first series to have a narrator with variation and interacts with the characters.
I guess it's just because it's the first show that comes to mind in recent memory.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:16   Link #51
Sides

Quote:
Yeah was the first thing i noticed as well. Maybe they are running out of cash. If that is the case maybe just leave it with the first 2 arcs.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:27   Link #52
Itlandm
Porcupine

Could I please trade in this arc for one with Junichi, Miya and a small squeeing hamster? Without the narrator please.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:32   Link #53
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Yeah was the first thing i noticed as well. Maybe they are running out of cash. If that is the case maybe just leave it with the first 2 arcs.
If anything the quality might be back in the next episode or 2. I still think they did pretty good for ED arc and this was not so bad itself=>
Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-27, 12:51   Link #54
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ehh ok first off, I gotta ask do any self respecting teenage boy that is into the opppsite sex carry a "purse" like so around with them!?
Hell I even know gay guys wouldn't carry such a thing around with them.
Really I've kinda lost alot of respect for Jun-chan for having such a thing, the lad needs to go look up "wallet" in the dictionary

Just like in Naruto whatever respect I had for him was lost when he revealed his, even if it was for the lolz.

2nd Sae does win points for the thigh-highs.
I'll be honest I prefer the term thigh-highs more than Zettai Ryouiki, sounds alot better to me. There are some terms that just sound alot better in the old english tongue and thigh-highs is one of them

3rd LOL at the puppy bit, I mean your that afraid of dogs yet you try to pass by on that side of the road instead of the other side, I love it when you see stuff like that. Either way Sae's fear of dogs is very cute<3

Now I'm rather tolerate of alot of things and alot of the grating VA I can handle but I'm not sure here with Hiromi Konno as Sae, can't say I hate it but then can't say I like it either.

Seems like they are saving the budget for other arc's, there was def a drop in quality here adn there.

oh and Miya was indeed awesome this ep!
Old 2010-08-27, 12:58   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I found the animation to be pretty solid during the second half, though i'm not sure that was just me. First half easily had a few bad Jun facial shots, though i guess knowing that Sae is the least popular heroine, something like this happening isn't that surprising.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:03   Link #56
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm just curious but does this arc have a different director? It's so noticeably different from the previous two.

Also the narrator wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so Cheesy!
Old 2010-08-27, 13:29   Link #57
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Ehh ok first off, I gotta ask do any self respecting teenage boy that is into the opppsite sex carry a "purse" like so around with them!?
Hell I even know gay guys wouldn't carry such a thing around with them.
Really I've kinda lost alot of respect for Jun-chan for having such a thing, the lad needs to go look up "wallet" in the dictionary
It's a cultural thing. I was thinking the same thing, but guys might just use change purses in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I found the animation to be pretty solid during the second half, though i'm not sure that was just me. First half easily had a few bad Jun facial shots, though i guess knowing that Sae is the least popular heroine, something like this happening isn't that surprising.
Gotta save money, 24 episodes after all.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:22   Link #58
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Love the narration for this episode. Reminds me of the narration for Hayate the Combat Butler somewhat. The fact that it's Jouji Nakata doing it makes it all the better.

It makes up for the fact that Sae is about as interesting and dynamic as a wet noodle here, at least to start. At least biribiri onee-sama Kaoru made an appearance. That brightened things up.
Old 2010-08-27, 15:25   Link #59
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm just curious but does this arc have a different director? It's so noticeably different from the previous two.

Also the narrator wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so Cheesy!
Wasn't that the point? To be excessively corny like a hyper satirical manner to express the ultra saccharine notes that may have not already been realized by the viewers?
Old 2010-08-27, 15:40   Link #60
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Wasn't that the point? To be excessively corny like a hyper satirical manner to express the ultra saccharine notes that may have not already been realized by the viewers?
I don't what all that mumbo-jumbo is, but all I know is it didn't work.

The last thing this show needs is a narrator. The focus is on the characters, and having a non-participant character in the mix just breaks the interaction. It works in other settings but not in this simple, down-to-earth romance story.

I do like Sae, but I hope that sugary sweet voice doesn't go overboard. I'll keep my fingers crossed. >x<

EDIT: and why now? Is it because Sae is super shy? I don't find that good reason.
In any case, they had better not have one for Ai. That don't need no narrator >:c
Closed Thread