AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-05-15, 17:38   Link #641
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
So this is where it leads to? You're one of those who think the world is gonna run out of trees so you'd rather have everyone move into digital life? Well I'm sorry that I prefer to hold something physical in my hands instead of a digital bits and bytes. I don't really care about supporting mangakas anyway, and handing my money to a random site like that wouldn't really support them anyway.

I fail to see how you don't understand how some people prefer to own and hold an '' official '' and real copy in their hands. Self printing it would be just dumb. And how's it even taking it away from the world? The doujinshi in the shop I would buy it from is already a '' dead tree '' .. Doesn't matter who buys it -_-

Perhaps we should end this petty argument here, and take it to PMs if you still have something to say. Meanwhile, some people may suggest a shop that actually sells real, and physical copies of the doujinshi. Everything I wrote in my first post indicated that I wanted a real copy and not bits and bytes..
Old 2012-05-15, 19:10   Link #642
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
So this is where it leads to? You're one of those who think the world is gonna run out of trees so you'd rather have everyone move into digital life? Well I'm sorry that I prefer to hold something physical in my hands instead of a digital bits and bytes. I don't really care about supporting mangakas anyway, and handing my money to a random site like that wouldn't really support them anyway.

I fail to see how you don't understand how some people prefer to own and hold an '' official '' and real copy in their hands. Self printing it would be just dumb. And how's it even taking it away from the world? The doujinshi in the shop I would buy it from is already a '' dead tree '' .. Doesn't matter who buys it -_-

Perhaps we should end this petty argument here, and take it to PMs if you still have something to say. Meanwhile, some people may suggest a shop that actually sells real, and physical copies of the doujinshi. Everything I wrote in my first post indicated that I wanted a real copy and not bits and bytes..
It's pretty hard to find shops that ship to Europe. The only ones that i know are
http://www.tokyobookstore.com/ and https://www.hendane.com
The last time that i tried those sites, they didn't have the specific doujin that i wanted though. So they might not have the item that you want.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 06:29   Link #643
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
With that said, does anyone have an ACTUAL SHOP that sells REAL doujinshis?
J-List

Oops, I forgot that you don't like buying from them either.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 09:00   Link #644
Dist

^Sure is a huge selection. Just because I said an year ago I don't like J-List doesn't mean I would never buy from them again. However looking at their site, they only stock like 10 different doujinshis, which is like nothing.
Old 2012-05-16, 21:28   Link #645
Seitsuki
Onee!

J-list, Playasia, all the mainstream Eng sites are stupidly overpriced from my experience. It's the price of convinience I guess.

Are you really that adverse to using proxy shipping sites? I usually do, allowing me to buy straight from sites like Tora no Ana at the base cost. You have to pay shipping twice to be sure, but the domestic price for doujins are generally so low it doesn't matter.

Failing that.. there's always Mandarake. Eng link (I recommend using the JP site tho, if only because the Eng search is terrible.)
Old 2012-05-17, 20:36   Link #646
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
J-list, Playasia, all the mainstream Eng sites are stupidly overpriced from my experience. It's the price of convinience I guess.

Are you really that adverse to using proxy shipping sites? I usually do, allowing me to buy straight from sites like Tora no Ana at the base cost. You have to pay shipping twice to be sure, but the domestic price for doujins are generally so low it doesn't matter.

Failing that.. there's always Mandarake. Eng link (I recommend using the JP site tho, if only because the Eng search is terrible.)
Proxy sites need to make their own money too so I do not believe in your statement where you buy at base cost and pay 2x shipping. proxy sites take their own cut too .. :/

I will probably end up using proxy sites it seems, if there really are no doujinshi shops out there that ship internationally.

As for Mandarake, I have bought from them before and they are okay. But the JP site has much wider selection of doujin and you need a proxy site for those .. or do you? I'm pretty sure you can't add stuff to cart from JP site, then go to ENG site to actually buy them ..

In fact now that I search after a while, I can find many of the doujinshis that I collect from a certain circle at the JP mandarake site .. But they are already expensive as it is (some are over 2000yen), so usng a proxy site on top of that for a single book would be :x
Old 2012-05-17, 23:03   Link #647
Seitsuki
Onee!

Ah. I meant base cost without the blatant markups you'd find from resellers, forgot to factor in fees. The one I use simply charges a flat 5% fee for each item, which is pretty good compared to most others. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than say Playasia, and if you shop smart there are plenty of sites which ship domestic for free. (however I will admit the international shipping cost makes me cough a bit of blood..)

Also I take it back, either I remembered wrong or they managed to update their search engine. Searches in JP will now process on the Eng site. Also allows me to get to the payment screen, so assuming it doesn't block you from there, it might even work.
Old 2012-05-18, 01:46   Link #648
Dist

It seems you are right. I also remember that ENG site had limited availability on doujins and you couldn't search on Japanese.. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore, however.

Some of the prices just puzzle me in Mandarake .. A normal doujin is typicall 600Yen, but there are some doujins there that have a hefty 3000-5000 price tag on them o.O. They are also part of the circle I collect ( サイクロ ) but there's no way I can afford such prices
Old 2012-05-19, 00:59   Link #649
Seitsuki
Onee!

I did a search for you. You owe me my purity and innocence.

Generally the expensive ones are that much for two reasons (excluding the whole OOP therefore more expensive argument):

Spoiler for links NSFW:

Hope that helps
Old 2012-05-20, 16:23   Link #650
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I did a search for you. You owe me my purity and innocence.

Generally the expensive ones are that much for two reasons (excluding the whole OOP therefore more expensive argument):

Spoiler for links NSFW:

Hope that helps
Are you sure you had any left? :P

---

Mm yeah it does help. Now that you went and linked the Tora no Ana, I see there quite a few books I still don't have .. What's that page about? It says mail order but I don't see any Add to Cart button or anything .. I know they don't ship internationally but if I use the proxy service to get those books..
Old 2012-05-27, 15:46   Link #651
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I'm looking for Nanoha A's DVD.
Old 2012-05-28, 06:42   Link #652
demonix

You won't find any (new at least) since it's been out of print for ages, and funimation isn't renewing the license.
Old 2012-05-28, 11:24   Link #653
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Used is fine too
Old 2012-06-01, 01:05   Link #654
DorkingtonPugsly

Does anybody know where I can get Tenjou Tenge books? I know where to get all my manga from, and a few sites where I can order w.e. Kinokuniya in NY doesn't have in their store. But I can't find Tenjou Tenge anywhere, so I was wondering if there was some other website around, maybe.
Old 2012-06-01, 07:03   Link #655
demonix

Have you tried rightstuf since they have the 6 volumes in stock that viz media have currently released
Old 2012-06-01, 21:21   Link #656
DorkingtonPugsly

Are they the japanese ones though?
Old 2012-06-02, 07:43   Link #657
demonix

The viz media release is completely uncut (if that's what you meant since the original release by CMX was butchered)
Old 2012-06-30, 23:07   Link #658
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Alright, I'm desperate. Does anyone know where I can buy this I'm looking for the DVD version of this and the Sports Hen. (There are two parts, the Date hen (this) and the sports hen)... I looked at Amazon before, and it says it doesn't allow international shipping for this product... Anyone?

EDIT: ...wait... is there even a DVD version of it..? I think I remember seeing it on amazon before but now... can't find it.
official site: http://www.mobacon.net/hatsuraji/index.php

Last edited by roankun; 2012-06-30 at 23:26.
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 21:31   Link #659
onna-chan

Send a message via AIM to onna-chan
Wink

Anyone in CT looking for an anime shop? Or anyone looking for an anime shop that ships anywhere in the world? Or one that listens to customers and includes them?
Look no further http://www.wearecuteshop.com

There's an fb page too with daily updates https://www.facebook.com/otakushopping

Yuri~licious
onna-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 00:29   Link #660
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Anyone know where I can get this shipped to the US?

(warning NSFW)

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime