AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-01, 16:36   Link #81
Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
Ummm....no. Thats not the ONLY website you can get it at. Hell, RightStuf has it for 79.99, which I believe is what Airmaster was saying. Plus, I've seen at least 5 other sites that still stock the boxset. So no, DiscountAnimeDVD is NOT the only place you can get it, and if you paid 178.99 for it now, you got ripped off.
Well, I tried Rightstuf.com and most shopping websites, they discontinued the stock of the Zeta Gundam DVD Box Set. Part of what you said is right! DiscountAnimeDVD.com is not the only one continuing it! There's another website www.animecornerstore.com! Just type in Zeta Gundam in the search engine and you can easily find it! Plus, it's still in stock!

By the way, some shopping websites like www.amazon.com only sell them used but doesn't come in a big box and also never comes with the poster and 9 mobile suit figure pencil sharpeners.
Gundam Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:43   Link #82
Gundam Pilot

I rate Zeta Gundam: 10 out of 10!

For best plot, cool looking Zeta Gundam, and explains the important parts of the "One Year War" saga!
Old 2006-09-01, 22:06   Link #83
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Pilot
Well, I tried Rightstuf.com and most shopping websites, they discontinued the stock of the Zeta Gundam DVD Box Set. Part of what you said is right! DiscountAnimeDVD.com is not the only one continuing it! There's another website www.animecornerstore.com! Just type in Zeta Gundam in the search engine and you can easily find it! Plus, it's still in stock!

By the way, some shopping websites like www.amazon.com only sell them used but doesn't come in a big box and also never comes with the poster and 9 mobile suit figure pencil sharpeners.
That's the one I have. It was the only one in the store and when I bought it the guy next to me said he was going to get that and my friend who was with me said roughly "too little too late". It was $210.99 Canadian and I was between jobs at the time so OUCH!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 09:13   Link #84
Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
That's the one I have. It was the only one in the store and when I bought it the guy next to me said he was going to get that and my friend who was with me said roughly "too little too late". It was $210.99 Canadian and I was between jobs at the time so OUCH!
$210.99!? That's like over $30 more that I paid with this product!
Old 2006-09-02, 09:32   Link #85
RX-93 HI-NU
Awesome

At Otacon this year they were selling the zeta box set for 40 dollars, thats where i got mine. And yes it had the pencil sharpeners the 10 slim dvds and book, and hte poster.
RX-93 HI-NU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 23:48   Link #86
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I would argue against people saying Camille remaining absolutely the same throughout the series, but I'm biased since he's my favorite UC Gundam character. IMHO, Camille retained the general core of his personality, true, but many of his views and attitudes develop through the entire TV series (after much Brightslapping). He starts off the series generally immature and selfish, but as things happen to him, he changes some of his views. Put it to you this way: The Camille at the time of Four's death is a more mature character than the one who saw his mother die--and definitely more mature than the one who punched Jerid in the nose. This is, sadly, one of the things the Zeta movie compilations can't push across. Then again, I feel Camille in the movies wasn't quite as petty or spiteful as Camille was in the TV series.

I'll have to agree with everyone else on Char/Quattro: Quattro is probably the best Char of the incarnations he's had in the UC series in terms. Then again, I'm wondering how much of CCA was written and developed due to fan demand.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 06:54   Link #87
lt_shiro

What a Zeta disussion without Yazan. My word, he is the strongest non-newtype pilot in the UC timeline. Fighting on equal standing with Camille, almost putting him down many times in the series.
lt_shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 19:10   Link #88
Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Ummm....no. Thats not the ONLY website you can get it at. Hell, RightStuf has it for 79.99, which I believe is what Airmaster was saying. Plus, I've seen at least 5 other sites that still stock the boxset. So no, DiscountAnimeDVD is NOT the only place you can get it, and if you paid 178.99 for it now, you got ripped off.
You were right!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, the bad news, Rightstuf.com raised the price of the Zeta Gundam box set: $179.98!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-09-29, 22:56   Link #89
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_shiro
What a Zeta disussion without Yazan. My word, he is the strongest non-newtype pilot in the UC timeline. Fighting on equal standing with Camille, almost putting him down many times in the series.
Agreed. But I like Jerid better. (His cocky attitude and quotes rock!)

"The times have changed! You guys are antiques now!"

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 01:07   Link #90
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Pilot
You were right!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, the bad news, Rightstuf.com raised the price of the Zeta Gundam box set: $179.98!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats because the sale ended. Still, 179 is way too expensive for it considering I've seen it at Best Buy for 119.99, as well as around the 'net for less than 139.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 11:07   Link #91
Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Thats because the sale ended. Still, 179 is way too expensive for it considering I've seen it at Best Buy for 119.99, as well as around the 'net for less than 139.
These Zeta Gundam DVD box sets are extremely rare! Pretty soon they won't have any! It will only be chapter DVD volumes!
Old 2006-10-01, 11:19   Link #92
Gundam Pilot

Talking Zeta Gundam group

Old 2007-03-29, 23:29   Link #93
PowerBarEX

yea I just finished watching Zeta and I must say, it certainly lives up to most of the hype. While its definitely not 'god's gift to man', I can definitely see how Zeta and MSG was a major part in laying the foundation for the mecha genre. Zeta tackled a lot of legitamite war and sci-fi issues in a realistic manner The character development and plot was done in a well though/fleshed out manner that makes these CE remakes that much more amateurish. Hopefully Victory and ZZ are as good...
PowerBarEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 23:31   Link #94
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

There's usually mixed reaction to ZZ (at least to the first half). The second half makes up for any negative reaction to the first usually.

Victory Gundam is definitely interesting to watch. I won't spoil anything, though =)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 03:15   Link #95
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Victory Gundam is more effective than most over-the-counter sleeping pills. Additionally, before lulling its victims into a deep sleep, it has been proven to induce anethesia-like effects, hence its growing use among dentists and surgeons the world over. Recently in France, there was a shock when a fourteen-year-old boy went into a light coma after watching a full, 25 minute episode of Victory Gundam. Medical response teams that arrived at the scene quickly determined that the cause was poor animation and a badly executed, slow plot. They said the coma was brought on by an overdose of Victory Gundam, as most victims pass out before they watch half an episode.

There have been repeated cases of people seeking therapy upon completing Victory Gundam, as in most cases there is risk of total cerebral shutdown if more than one episode is viewed within the span of one month. Upon completing the series, there is massive loss of brain cells and, in rare cases, cancer of the brain, ears, and eyes. Victory Gundam has shown to increase the liklihood of autism, tourette's syndrome, and sickle cell disease if expectant mothers view the series. Doctors recommend you turn your monitor or television OFF when viewing Victory Gundam, as the intense ultraviolet light emitted from the crap animation can and will cause skin cancer. It is recommended that, should you decide to view Victory Gundam despite the numerous unhealthy side effects, you view it from a safe distance of no less than 30 meters, otherwise there is serious risk of permanent blindness.

If you decide to view Victory Gundam, please meet with the local funeral home director in advance so they can prepare a casket and the proper memorial services that will shortly follow your viewing of Victory Gundam. Do not tell your friends that you are currently or soon plan to be viewing Victory Gundam. They will laugh at you and the stigma will stay with you until you leave town or die. In addition, you will most surely cockblock yourself until you leave town, die, or consult the services of a hooker.

You may be thinking that you have heard good reviews of Victory Gundam, so why does it negatively affect so many of its viewers? Well, the short answer is that anyone telling you that it's a good show is most definitely trying to trick you into hurting yourself. If you decide to view Victory Gundam, please view it with a loaded pistol in case you wish to end your life quickly rather than the slow and painful process caused by exposure to Victory Gundam.
Old 2007-04-02, 04:07   Link #96
PowerBarEX

Haha sorry Obi-Wan. I've read your previous posts and it seems we have totally opposite tastes. I'll be watching ZZ and then Victory unless I can find F-91. I just hope I have enough in me cuz I just went through MSG and Zeta in succession.
PowerBarEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 04:37   Link #97
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Ironically I think ZZ is the second best UC title. But apparently I'm an idiot according to all of the elitist UC fanboys running amok here. Just don't slit your wrists during Moon Moon and you'll be fine with ZZ. VG kills though. There's a reason that the DVD set in Japan comes with a personal note from Tomino telling you not to watch it.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:55   Link #98
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
There's a reason that the DVD set in Japan comes with a personal note from Tomino telling you not to watch it.
As did Zeta
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 21:47   Link #99
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
As did Zeta
I don't disagree with Tomino telling people not to watch that either.
Old 2007-04-07, 17:08   Link #100
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
victory was okay, but it was boring, right up there with zeta.

I hate Zeta fanboys for lying and saying it was the greatest thing in the gundam verse. Luckily i rebounded with ZZ. I dont' see how people can say that it's so good.

Not to mention the chratcers in the show are carbon, and people seem to hate the ones with an actual personality, or stand out. I can't hate Katz, his actions made the last arc of the show worth watching.

I don't get why people think bun head was even a good villian. we know nothing about him, except where he came from. He uspurped leadership of the titans just so most of them could get vaped in the last episode, while he goes out for a chat with His newtype buddies.

I wonder why the animation in Victory gundam sucked so bad, didn't it come out in 1995? It looks worse than the original at times. The only thing that makes it differnt form Zeta, is that Zansacre seemed a lot more stupid than the Titans. Not much different in the chracters, except age maybe. Faula's return made the show worth watching for the most part.