AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 39.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-09, 16:02   Link #641
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Nah, don't think anything about it relate to subaru.The previous screen show Nanoha/Caro/Subaru from left to right.

When he start talking about Project F, he switched the 1st 2 screen to Erio/Fate. Subaru image just happen to be there because he didn't have to switch it to view anything.Notice how only Erio/Fate images were moving(video) while the other 3(nanoha/caro/subaru) just still image.
Old 2007-05-09, 16:09   Link #642
Serenity85
Horo-ism

lol, thats what I though^^ but just wanted to point it out, for speculation purposes^^, alright back to waiting on subs of 6^^
Old 2007-05-09, 16:47   Link #643
johnjefferson3

well damagegoods just today released their version of epsiode 5, so if anyone is interested please go watch now!!
Old 2007-05-09, 16:56   Link #644
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjefferson3 View Post
well damagegoods just today released their version of epsiode 5, so if anyone is interested please go watch now!!
Yesy has been good to me since "Utawarerumono" ... I'll stick to them
Old 2007-05-09, 19:51   Link #645
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
If you look carefully that is not her blushing , just shading effect for the cheeks area under the eyes.You will see this kind of effect when character's face wince from pain usually.
Maybe that's it. But I have to say I don't think I've ever seen that look when a character's hurt. I've seen that solid shading plenty, usually with younger characters who are excited or nervous and full of energy. I can't say I've seen one like that when hurt though. Usually if a character's in pain they either go pale or get a more general, feverish flush. Either way I just thought it looked a little odd. Even if it is a wince, why is she wincing?

Also, I agree that Subaru doesn't seem to be a part of F. She, Nanoha and Caro all appeared on screen together in freeze-frame, then Fate and Erio were brought up in action when the weird one started talking about project F. Subaru was still there just because the videos took up the same space as two of the three images, so there wasn't a third to cover her up. Altogether though, if Fate and Erio are supposed to be some high-power experiments, I suspect that the others, especially Subaru, will prove more powerful still. Just like how Nanoha, a "normal" girl from a world that has almost no magic, is almost unbeatable.
Old 2007-05-09, 20:52   Link #646
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Maybe that's it. But I have to say I don't think I've ever seen that look when a character's hurt. I've seen that solid shading plenty, usually with younger characters who are excited or nervous and full of energy. I can't say I've seen one like that when hurt though. Usually if a character's in pain they either go pale or get a more general, feverish flush. Either way I just thought it looked a little odd. Even if it is a wince, why is she wincing?
Hmm i just see similar effect used on GiS quite a bit.Maybe "wince" was not the right word to use for this case, sorry my english really bad.It is like she was taking a deep breath actually, just like how people usually do before going into action.So the area under her eyes become thicker ^^;; argg I dont know how to describe it i can only demonstrate it
Old 2007-05-10, 09:23   Link #647
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
LOL. Kaliber A.I dialogue made me spit beer out my nose.

best voice acting EVAR!
Old 2007-05-10, 17:06   Link #648
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm a bit late to ep 5 ... just watched it over lunch.
1) I was a bit surprised at the explicit nudity in the transformation sequences (usually that sort of thing is more implied it was explicit enough that the lack of nipples made it seem a bit odd ). Oh... Subaru (corrected edit) and Fate bounce for the win.... <laugh>
1.5) I'll continue my assumption that the sequence is "slow-motioned" so the viewer can observe the transformation, otherwise magical types would be toast before they got their super-undies back on.
2) Nice implications of just how powerful Fate and Nanoha have become (even locked down). I really liked the feeling of velocity and momentum they've been able to animate.
3) Really enjoying the Caro/Erio pair ... very sweet.
4) The scenario felt like some Ghost Recon (tac FPS) scenario) ... heh. Again, it'd be nice to see a good FPS type game made from these characters.
5) Downtic.... bleh, another evil scientist that sounds all syrupy evil and does the stupid laugh. Can't we have another style?

Right --- so I guess we can look forward to him trying to catch and disect the team.... I wonder what he'll think of the Knights....

Gave the show an 8.... would have popped it to 9 but "evil scientist" just left a boring taste in my mouth. I guess its kind of hard to top the Book...

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-05-11 at 11:16.
Old 2007-05-10, 21:12   Link #649
Seiryuu

In this sort of transformation it really seems sort of standard to represent the nipple as nothing more than a point on the breast, rather than them being perfectly round. I don't think Teana bounced any, but Subaru's jacket top seems almost designed with extra bounce in mind. Also, forget the prospect of being attacked while half-naked(the first Law of Anime Chivalry states that no attack that has any hope of connecting is to be used while the opponent is powering up), the big problem is the fact that all the other squad members would be too busy ogling Nanoha to watch for enemies. Then again, with the new miniskirt, that might still be a problem after the transforms finished anyway...
I was wondering a couple things. First, is it safe for a helicopter to be leaning so far to the right? Maybe Storm Raider needs a little adjustment... Also, where was Teana when the mad doctor was looking at his "research subjects"? He first displayed Nanoha, Caro and Subaru in a row, then he brought up Fate and Erio. Teana's not exactly weak, so why might he have forgotten her?
Concerning the magic, just how absolute is this AMF? I don't think it completely eliminates magic within its region. After all, aren't the barrier jackets magical constructions? If magic was completely eliminated then they should have either wound up naked or back in their uniforms. Either way, they'd be completely defenseless.
Old 2007-05-10, 23:37   Link #650
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Concerning the magic, just how absolute is this AMF? I don't think it completely eliminates magic within its region. After all, aren't the barrier jackets magical constructions? If magic was completely eliminated then they should have either wound up naked or back in their uniforms. Either way, they'd be completely defenseless.
A mage can generate 3 forms of energy based protection. The all direction bubble shield, the solid, single point defender and a defensive aura from their body or barrier jackets. The aura is likely connected to their linker core, so until this is completely depleted my guess is the BJ stays.

Subaru's gauntlet and skates doesn't appear affected by an AMF because it's probably shielded by her aura. That'll make her combat effective even with the extended range AMF for the type 3 drone.
Old 2007-05-11, 10:01   Link #651
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Read though Magic and Technologies of Nanoha Thread, I do belive it have been discussed in detail with regards to AMF, If you can follow the theory and math that is...
Old 2007-05-11, 11:16   Link #652
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
In this sort of transformation it really seems sort of standard to represent the nipple as nothing more than a point on the breast, rather than them being perfectly round. I don't think Teana bounced any, but Subaru's jacket top seems almost designed with extra bounce in mind. Also, forget the prospect of being attacked while half-naked(the first Law of Anime Chivalry states that no attack that has any hope of connecting is to be used while the opponent is powering up), the big problem is the fact that all the other squad members would be too busy ogling Nanoha to watch for enemies.
Oopsie... typed Teana when I was thinking Subaru ... post corrected.
Old 2007-05-11, 22:16   Link #653
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Spoiler for espisode 5:

A good esp I would say. That is when the fighting starts....
Old 2007-05-13, 05:33   Link #654
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

one last thought for this episode...

Strada doesn't use any cartridges??
final finishing blow and it didn't even eject any cartridges...

EDIT: another thought, if both Fate and Elio are the results or remains of Project F, aren't they considered to be Brother and sister??
Old 2007-05-13, 05:39   Link #655
Ottocycle

Erm, it did.
Look closely after it says the classic EXPROZION
maybe the raw quality was less than desirable..

Re:edit - well its not as though the creators of the project considered them family anyway.
Old 2007-05-13, 05:41   Link #656
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

so Strada did spit out Cartridges after it said "EXPLOSION!!"...hmm i should probably watch episode 5 one more time then....
Old 2007-05-13, 20:09   Link #657
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

My own theory on this "Project F" came to mind when I rewatched MSLN. So just in case.
Spoiler:

And moving on.
The transformations were nice but, do keep in mind, they actually finish in about a few seconds. We just see it slowed down so we can oogle the girls as they transform. Hence why later on, the scenes go away and they just quickly go into their barrier jackets.

I want episode 6 subbed noooow! >.<
Old 2007-05-13, 23:44   Link #658
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Strada doesn't use any cartridges??
final finishing blow and it didn't even eject any cartridges...
Training mission in ep3, Erio called for a cartridge before blowing that bridge.

Still underpowered though
Old 2007-05-14, 06:34   Link #659
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Training mission in ep3, Erio called for a cartridge before blowing that bridge.

Still underpowered though
yea but that's before he got the device upgrade of Strada...maybe i should rewatch episode 5 and see if Strada does spit out cartridges after the final blow.
Old 2007-05-14, 06:50   Link #660
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
yea but that's before he got the device upgrade of Strada...maybe i should rewatch episode 5 and see if Strada does spit out cartridges after the final blow.
I can confirm that Strada did eject two cartridges. It's just that the animation for that sequence is so quick it's easy to miss.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread