AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-30, 07:16   Link #4001
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Send a message via MSN to zSolaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Appearantly, you haven't been a in a Naruto/Sakura vs. Naruto/Hinata debate.
Those are scary. *shudders at the memories*

(NaruHina, by the way :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingguy3 View Post
Don't you think that the statement "No matter how many times I am reborn in this world... I will still be there to love you" is a statement to behold... o.O

Hoping like Euphie and Shirley will be reborn as contractors o.O
That would actually be cool in a sense but also really creepy. Well, seeing as how
Spoiler:
I wouldn't be completely surprised.
Old 2008-08-30, 07:19   Link #4002
TheDisruptiveOne

Really? People are referring to Kallen as the new Shirley? lol, that's a flimsy argument.

I think Lelouch/Shirley had a better chance of working out than either Lelouch/Kallen or Lelouch/CC ever did.

My biggest problem with Lelouch/Kallen is that they haven't interacted enough outside of this war. Will Kallen's feelings remain when Japan is free and there is nothing less to fight for? Will Lelouch still value after he no longer needs her strength?

Lelouch and CC. Obviously, I could be wrong here. But my biggest problem with it is that C.C. has been dishonest with Lelouch for so long. It could be argued that she is basically "pulling a Lelouch" on Lelouch. Lelouch lies to everyone, so what's wrong with C.C. lying to him? I understand their logic, but it's hard for me to imagine that their partnership will turn into romance "after" this is revealed. CC knows Lelouch better than Kallen and Shirley. It's definitely a big positive for her, but I think it's cheapened by the way she acquired the knowledge. She followed him around when he was a toddler. She invaded his mind. The knowledge wasn't really acquired the ideal way.

Anyways, I don't think there will be a "final" pairing. Lelouch dying while both CC and Kallen live on would be adequate.
Old 2008-08-30, 07:47   Link #4003
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Really? People are referring to Kallen as the new Shirley? lol, that's a flimsy argument.

I think Lelouch/Shirley had a better chance of working out than either Lelouch/Kallen or Lelouch/CC ever did.

My biggest problem with Lelouch/Kallen is that they haven't interacted enough outside of this war. Will Kallen's feelings remain when Japan is free and there is nothing less to fight for? Will Lelouch still value after he no longer needs her strength?

Lelouch and CC. Obviously, I could be wrong here. But my biggest problem with it is that C.C. has been dishonest with Lelouch for so long. It could be argued that she is basically "pulling a Lelouch" on Lelouch. Lelouch lies to everyone, so what's wrong with C.C. lying to him? I understand their logic, but it's hard for me to imagine that their partnership will turn into romance "after" this is revealed. CC knows Lelouch better than Kallen and Shirley. It's definitely a big positive for her, but I think it's cheapened by the way she acquired the knowledge. She followed him around when he was a toddler. She invaded his mind. The knowledge wasn't really acquired the ideal way.

Anyways, I don't think there will be a "final" pairing. Lelouch dying while both CC and Kallen live on would be adequate.

We already know the answer to bolded question : in Ep 9 he asked to come back with him to Ashford after everthing is finished. Also in Ep 11, he calls her one of his precious people. And if anything, Ep 19 should be enough to prove that he does care for her. I mean when has Lelouch ever apologized to anyone?

Kallen's feelings are unconditional at this point.

And I don't want Lelouch to did in the end : he has to take on the responsibility to bring the world at peace and maintain it, or the blood he shed with his crimes would be wasted. Just as Rurouni Kenshin.
Old 2008-08-30, 08:17   Link #4004
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Lol.
Kallen as the new Lelouch's Shirley...
I'll never support this, to me, Shirley wasn't in the better position to a romance with Lelouch (and I never believed in them. Never.) so, no, thanks, Kallen is the Lelouch's Kallen, that's all.

And yeah, of course, Kallen has never been able to push Lelouch way off his deman path, that's why in Turn 7, she is saving him from himself, and this is certainly why, during her emprisonment, he used his squadron to commit a genocide. How could I been this much naive to think that if Kallen had been there, the Cult could have been destroyed without a massacre ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
And finally, in terms of care versus blind obedience, we saw Kallen execute Lelouch's orders to kill his best friend without hesitation while Shirley helped realize the most significant step to their reconciliation in the entire series.
What ?
No this didn't happen like that, Kallen was fighting under Suzaku and was ready to kill him as her opponent BEFORE that Lelouch yell at her to kill him. Killed or be killed, that's all, nothing in relation with the total obsediance of Kallen to Lelouch.
(Maybe it will have been better if she stopped suddenly her fight and had proposed to Lelouch and Suzaku to take some tea to discuss and to solve their problem.)

But this doesn't matter, since Shirley and Kallen have nothing to do with each other. And as much as I could appreciate Shirley, I'm glad about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-san
Because i'm more objective than the other (some not all) and that i don't say in my post than kallen is a bitch maybe (or evil) ? But i admit that i'm biased sometimes (and everyone is anyway). Anyway it will be my last post on this, we're in the romance thraed and i'm not here to start a war.
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine
That Kallen would have to rape Lelouch for anything of the kind to happen. I'd rather not see that.
Technically, in Turn 7, Lelouch was the one ready to rape Kallen, not the other sense...so, technically, he is more of a raper than her

Old 2008-08-30, 08:30   Link #4005
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post

Well considering that both of them makes good roomates that would not be a problem. Just that someone needs to cook for them. Either that or they might have to open their own Pizza Hut store
Old 2008-08-30, 08:39   Link #4006
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Well considering that both of them makes good roomates that would not be a problem. Just that someone needs to cook for them. Either that or they might have to open their own Pizza Hut store
From a financial standpoint, that would be a bad move. C.C., being in love with Pizza, could never sell it. She'd eat it all.

But that makes me think, we need a Kallen x C.C. pairing up there in that list
Old 2008-08-30, 08:40   Link #4007
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

yeah, and think how much they need to pay to clean their carpet from cheese stains
Old 2008-08-30, 08:46   Link #4008
Eliarine

Sol, I think as a former LelouchxShirley fan, your posts might be some of the most objective ones around here lately. Thanks for sharing your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
What ?
No this didn't happen like that, Kallen was fighting under Suzaku and was ready to kill him as her opponent BEFORE that Lelouch yell at her to kill him. Killed or be killed, that's all, nothing in relation with the total obsediance of Kallen to Lelouch.
(Maybe it will have been better if she stopped suddenly her fight and had proposed to Lelouch and Suzaku to take some tea to discuss and to solve their problem.)
Sorry, I'll have to agree with Sol Falling here. Shirley realized that there was something terribly wrong with Lelouch and Suzaku's relationship and wanted to try and fix it, because she knew they were once the best of friends. Kallen doesn't even hesitate when Lelouch demands that she kills Suzaku; I would have expected some sort of reaction, seeing as he's always tried to keep him safe before that.

Quote:
Technically, in Turn 7, Lelouch was the one ready to rape Kallen, not the other sense...so, technically, he is more of a raper than her
When he's not in his right mind, yeah. But I dare hope that's not the kind of attitude Kalulu fans are expecting from him.
Old 2008-08-30, 08:49   Link #4009
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
suzaku did try to kill her before so no wonder she'd return the favor

and ep 7 showed that lulu does have an active labido
he just keeps it under control becouse he has other goals that he considers much more importent
but to this day kallen remains the only girl lulu actually showed interst in sexually
but then again it wasnt really his normal mindframe
Old 2008-08-30, 08:50   Link #4010
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Sorry, I'll have to agree with Sol Falling here. Shirley realized that there was something terribly wrong with Lelouch and Suzaku's relationship and wanted to try and fix it, because she knew they were once the best of friends. Kallen doesn't even hesitate when Lelouch demands that she kills Suzaku; I would have expected some sort of reaction, seeing as he's always tried to keep him safe before that.
Excep that Shirley liked Suzaku, while Karen actually hate him after he almost Refrained her.
Old 2008-08-30, 08:52   Link #4011
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

I didn't spoke about Shirley, I spoke about Kallen ; She was fighting with Suzaku, after 8 episode of emprisonnment and the refrain thing, did you really expect that suddenly, she will realize that Lelouch is yelling at her to kill him and to enter in a mood of "No, Lelouch isn't in his right mind, I must'nt kill Suzaku"
Shirley and Kallen weren't in the same situation, obviously.

We aren't expecting that from Lelouch, but my point was there to show you that Lelouch is more of a sexual predator toward Kallen that Kallen towards him, so, the result is the same. This joke about Kallen who will rape Lelouch is unlikely, there is my point.

Old 2008-08-30, 08:52   Link #4012
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Excep that Shirley did not know what Suzaku actually does and still he's Lelouch's best friend, while Karen actually hate him after he almost Refrained her.
Fixed in memories of Shirley
Old 2008-08-30, 08:53   Link #4013
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post

Kallen doesn't even hesitate when Lelouch demands that she kills Suzaku; I would have expected some sort of reaction, seeing as he's always tried to keep him safe before that.
Well he did try to drug her with Refrain, so i'm not surprised that she didn't try to make the two of them be friends again .
Old 2008-08-30, 08:56   Link #4014
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
suzaku did try to kill her before so no wonder she'd return the favor
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Excep that Shirley liked Suzaku, while Karen actually hate him after he almost Refrained her.
That's not what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is that Shirley understood Lelouch enough to notice there was something wrong between him and Suzaku. Kallen doesn't even seem to notice that Lelouch's attitude towards Suzaku suddenly changed, and drastically. That has nothing to do with them liking him or not.

Quote:
and ep 7 showed that lulu does have an active labido
he just keeps it under control becouse he has other goals that he considers much more importent
but to this day kallen remains the only girl lulu actually showed interst in sexually
but then again it wasnt really his normal mindframe
And again, I don't really see how Kalulu fans would want to bring that up. That scene was anything but romantic. One of my friends even saw it as the end of the pairing.
Old 2008-08-30, 09:02   Link #4015
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
sherly noticed something was wrong and that they were no longer firends
kallen knows
and more over she knows what happen and why they are ENEMIES
and suzaku did fire a hadron blast at lulu like a minute before she tore him a new one

and as far as ep 7 goes
what i meant was that lulu isnt blind and he does have interst in kallen (as any hot blooded 18 year old male would)
it wasnt romantic at all
but it does show that he has those dirves as anyone else
and he acts on them when he isnt dead set on his goal
there is room to hope that if despir makes him act on it other feelings will two
Old 2008-08-30, 09:04   Link #4016
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Unless 'Let's go back to Ashford together' (which can NEVER happen now thanks to Turn 18) is a sign of interest, I've never seen Lelouch show obvious interest in her.
Old 2008-08-30, 09:07   Link #4017
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Kallen was actually fighting. Shirley was walking around with Suzaku when she gave him her speech, it's not the same situation. Kallen was fighting to win, she couldn't interrupt that to try to help the two friend to make up things and became one more time best bud.

And this scene was important since Lelouch showed that he was considering Kallen as a woman (and in accordance with an Okouchi's interview during S1, it wasn't not the case for CC), he was asking her to comfort him as a woman, and even if this isn't romantic, it showed at leat that Lelouch has a libido, and some sexual needs, that's all. And that he is actually able to initiate a kiss (with all those Shirley and CC's attempts, this became really unlikely, but...)

And the end of this pairing...yeah, with Lelouch who is ready to run after her to apologize...my sister saw this as the victory of the pairing (and she isn't a Kalulu fan...at all), so, points of views...

Old 2008-08-30, 09:10   Link #4018
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
...Nunnally's dead.
Well there are people who think she's not so I'm just saying if Nunally lives Suzaku has too. Although Suzaku is probably going to live either way.
Old 2008-08-30, 09:13   Link #4019
Dream_Traveller
Banned

No, she's confirmed dead. The site never bullshits people, neither does Taniguchi ever pull a practical about-turn and say "HEY! She/he was alive after all!" Nunnally was atomized and scattered to the winds. And her death was a part of Taniguchi's original objective for the series. So she's dead.
Old 2008-08-30, 09:14   Link #4020
Eliarine

Quote:
and as far as ep 7 goes
what i meant was that lulu isnt blind and he does have interst in kallen (as any hot blooded 18 year old male would)
it wasnt romantic at all
but it does show that he has those dirves as anyone else
and he acts on them when he isnt dead set on his goal
there is room to hope that if despir makes him act on it other feelings will two
It shows Lelouch remembers he has something in his pants when he's depressed. That's it. If he's only interested in Kallen because she's a girl and happened to be there, I don't see this in a positive way. At all.

Quote:
Kallen was actually fighting. Shirley was walking around with Suzaku when she gave him her speech, it's not the same situation. Kallen was fighting to win, she couldn't interrupt that to try to help the two friend to make up things and became one more time best bud.
I said I would have expected some sort of reaction, not a tea party. She didn't even flinch. That's what I'm talking about.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance