AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-11, 05:50   Link #41
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Even though it was only four chapters, i found the pacing for Ai's story was overall nicely done. I really enjoyed it.
Exactly, becoz the storyline flows smoothly, and the love steadily grew between them with each meet that they had.

Spoiler for And that's the power of senpai-kouhai love!:

Short but sweet. Exactly no reason to hate Ai. And my initial image of Ai completely changed too... i thought she was juz a cold hearted girl, but in real, she's so sweet and lovely.

Though i juz spoiled myself by reading the manga, but i'm sure the anime version gonna be much more enjoyable than the manga.
Old 2010-08-11, 21:42   Link #42
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Spoiler for And that's the power of senpai-kouhai love!:
This is why the man is looked up to. Absolute truth right here.

As far as the topic at hand goes, Ai's anime arc counterpart better be as good as this. I am a fan for sure.
Old 2010-08-11, 22:19   Link #43
wingman32x

Yeah, I hope they do a good job animating this arc. I can't wait for her turn in the anime so I can fully discuss with the anime only people. If this is the arc that gets animated and they do it faithfully, I think it could easily be a contender for best arc. They really used their time well here
Old 2010-08-13, 18:28   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Even though it was only four chapters, i found the pacing for Ai's story was overall nicely done. I really enjoyed it.

I wonder who's next.
Just browsed the Nanasaki chapters..... yeah, that was a nice little romance - even if a lot of it is just them stuttering at each other . Interesting, I thought there was only one freshman in the mix (twintails).
Old 2010-08-14, 01:05   Link #45
GundamZZ
残念美人

Junichi doesn't make funny comment about Ai in manga. He sees her as little animal such as black cat), he takes initiative. In manga, it seems it's Ai who takes initiative.

Old 2010-08-28, 16:57   Link #46
Shadow5YA

I think I was turned on more by the hot-tub scene with Ai than I ever was with Sae in the game or the anime, and I like big boobs too.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:09   Link #47
Used Can

I really enjoyed this manga. Honestly, I have no idea why I started to read it, since I had no major interest on Ai - well, her design always caught my attention. But once I started I couldn't stop. I loved Ai from the very beginning. She began as a tease, but eventually started showing a very sweet side of herself. I also liked how she tried to keep a balance between her desire to be in the swimming tournament, and her growing feelings for Junichi.

I find the ending a bit too sad, since I really wanted her to get into the tournament. But I guess she dealt with that in a rather mature way, and her relationship with Junichi keeps on growing... to the point she has no issues with being seen naked by him - a bit too far-fetched, but I'm cool with it.

Ai became my favourite after reading this manga.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:51   Link #48
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I really enjoyed this manga. Honestly, I have no idea why I started to read it, since I had no major interest on Ai - well, her design always caught my attention. But once I started I couldn't stop. I loved Ai from the very beginning. She began as a tease, but eventually started showing a very sweet side of herself. I also liked how she tried to keep a balance between her desire to be in the swimming tournament, and her growing feelings for Junichi.

I find the ending a bit too sad, since I really wanted her to get into the tournament. But I guess she dealt with that in a rather mature way, and her relationship with Junichi keeps on growing... to the point she has no issues with being seen naked by him - a bit too far-fetched, but I'm cool with it.

Ai became my favourite after reading this manga.

Yeah, I would have liked her to qualify for the meet, too. You could tell how much she wanted to go. They could have still had that hot spring ending, but it would be to celebrate her performance at the meet.

And I agree, Ai is far and away my favorite Amagami girl. She fits my tastes to a T, and I could tell at the end of chapter 1 that I was going to love her.
Old 2010-10-15, 08:22   Link #49
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Just read Chapter 4, and that was a pretty good end indeed. Not much is more AAW-inducing than a finale kiss in the pool.

And not a single bowl of ramen or genderbending in sight.

*Goes back to reread*
Old 2010-10-15, 12:36   Link #50
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Well, I just read the manga and even if it's good I will not say it's perfect and in term of pacing the anime, is, I think (a bit) better.

I think, the best point about the manga is that Junichi is not as stupid as ine the anime. On the other hand, I find some scene wierd. For example, when Junishi want Ai to kiss him again on the cheek everywhere. Another weird thiung is that at the end, Ai said she loves Junichi but in the last chapter, they shared a hot kiss and was show together as a couple. So it's a bit strange to do that in that order.

That's why I think the pace in the anime is better. They progress slolwy but nicely even if teher are more weird scenes in the anime and that Junichi looks more stupid. I really hope the anime will add a scene after the bath's one.

Well, overall, the manga is better though. Even is the pace is (a bit) better in the anime, there are too much wtf scene compared to the manga and Junichi is not as good.
Old 2010-10-15, 14:09   Link #51
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Another weird thing is that at the end, Ai said she loves Junichi but in the last chapter, they shared a hot kiss and was shown together as a couple. So it's a bit strange to do that in that order.
Not....really.

Some people kiss and hang onto eachother before ever saying those 3 little words. Some even have sex before they say it! It's more of a confirmation of their relationship together; a sort of "let's get it out in the open" kinda thing.

But what would I know.
Old 2010-10-15, 14:46   Link #52
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Not....really.

Some people kiss and hang onto eachother before ever saying those 3 little words. Some even have sex before they say it! It's more of a confirmation of their relationship together; a sort of "let's get it out in the open" kinda thing.

But what would I know.
Exactly. Even before they confessed to each other, it was pretty obvious what their relationship status was, and they also knew it. The anime is doing the same thing. They were holding hands going into the amusment park, sitting on the same swing, and kissing. So they pretty much did the same thing.
Old 2010-10-15, 15:00   Link #53
Used Can

It was rather obvious what they were doing even before Ai kissed him for the first time (in the cheek, when he had the dog go away).

Anyway, I liked the romantic moments in the manga much more than in the anime. The ones in the anime look rather plain, compared to any of the moments in the manga.
Old 2010-10-15, 15:40   Link #54
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

We still have the finale, and the hot spa scene in the manga is very brief. Needless to say, the first half will be filled with something. I'm hoping they include one of the missing scenarios - the park with the octopus ride and dog or fortune teller reading - as the first segment. I'm not sure if they'd add the shed scene since it was already used with Haruka.

After next week's episode, I'll make a comparison between the two.
Old 2010-10-15, 15:52   Link #55
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
We still have the finale, and the hot spa scene in the manga is very brief. Needless to say, the first half will be filled with something. I'm hoping they include one of the missing scenarios - the park with the octopus ride and dog or fortune teller reading - as the first segment. I'm not sure if they'd add the shed scene since it was already used with Haruka.

After next week's episode, I'll make a comparison between the two.
I doubt I'll see anything that will change my opinion. I feel kind of let down in terms of the anime arc. They omitted/moved almost every key scene that the manga had. I doubt we'll see the dog scene, as that wouldn't make much sense. The main point of that scene was to show Nanasaki's vulnerability. They already did that with the trippy haunted house scene. So I don't see room for it. The fortune telling scene is a lot more workable though.
Old 2010-10-15, 17:37   Link #56
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Drawing comparisons between the park and haunted house segments, I think we can assume the writers initially may have wanted to utilize the former scenario, but since Halloween is approaching, created and went with the latter to carry a few of the manga's points.

The park scene addressed a few important things. First, Junichi protected Ai from the dog, which could be compared to him responding to the mummy when it frightened her. Ai's vulnerability here could be compared to her being scared of the dog. Lastly, Ai clinging to Junichi afterwards was reminiscent to how her little brother clings to her. She then understood that spoiling Ikuo was a way to get closer to him. This obviously was covered during the toy belt segment.

I'm not that disappointed when comparing the manga with the anime arc thus far since I always expect differences. Essentially, we get a different Ai and Junichi. In the manga, Ai is more assertive but also more vulnerable due to her concern about being selected for the upcoming tournament. Junichi on the other hand is more of a smooth lover and less of a spastic personality.

For those who prefer a more mature and intense love story, then Love Goes On is a brilliant read. On the other hand, others may enjoy the dual personality of Junichi from the anime. Its two mediums to satisfy different audiences.
Old 2010-10-15, 18:16   Link #57
wingman32x

Exactly my point. I don't think we'll see that scene because the elements have been covered elsewhere.

And it's not like I think the anime is a total failure, because it isn't. We learned a number of things about Ai's character that the manga never showed. They also went into a lot more detail about her brother situation when the manga only biefly covered it. So the anime is not without it's positives. I just like the layout in the manga better.
Old 2010-10-17, 02:26   Link #58
Used Can

I don't think anyone has said the anime is a total failure, but it could have been a lot better. There were many parts from the manga which I believe where far more interesting that anything the anime showed:

1. Scene with the dog in the park
2. Tease in the dressing room
3. Better development when it came down to Ai not entering the swimming tournament
4. Fortune telling scene
5. Kissing in the shed
6. Scene at the pool (which was much better handled in the manga)
7. Miya's small involvement in the manga was also rather nice
Old 2010-10-17, 15:00   Link #59
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

I should probably read the manga again. It literally put me under Ai's spell.
Old 2010-10-17, 15:59   Link #60
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't think anyone has said the anime is a total failure, but it could have been a lot better.
I know that nobody has said that. I was just clarifying my opinions on the anime arc because I've been pretty critical of it so far in here. I too like the manga better.
Closed Thread

Tags
amagami, manga, romance, seinen