AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-14, 03:30   Link #21
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

Glad to see there are a lot of GS Mikami fans here. One of my fav series in the mid 90s. I'm a proud owner of the 39-volume manga and anime series. Got a music CD as well.

On a side note, Kotaro Makaritoru and Kyokara Orewa also deserve to be introduced to the public
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 09:58   Link #22
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
And where in the world did this happen ? This kind of information would be useful to prevent people from thinking it's a licensed show.
oh sorry. Forgot to tell ya..

It was AXN ASIA. It was shown all over asia dub in English then subbed.
On reruns for more than 2 years.

Here's a clip of the last episode taken from my very very old VHS player.
Look closely at Yokoshimas hand, even in the last episode, he's still a pervert.
Spoiler:

And a whack from Mikami and he became like this
Spoiler:

Last edited by Master Ran; 2004-09-14 at 10:15.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 10:57   Link #23
jpnn80

Ghost sweeper mikami

How come animesuki shows bt links of this series while it's already licensed in the us by mangavideo (http://www.manga.com/)?
jpnn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 11:10   Link #24
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnn80
How come animesuki shows bt links of this series while it's already licensed in the us by mangavideo (http://www.manga.com/)?
Because the indications point to the fact that Manga Ent. have only licensed the Ghost Sweeper Mikami movie, not the 45 episode TV series.

They (Manga Ent) announced the license back in 2002, and since then they have only released the movie (which if I understand matters correctly, is a recap (?) of the last two TV episodes, 44 and 45), it would seem that they only obtained the rights for the movie (i.e. the last two TV episodes).

Links
ANN Encyclopedia (TV) and ANN Encyclopedia (movie)
Plus news reports from 2002, here and here
AnimeNfo
AniDB
AnimeOnDVD
Amazon
Note the Customer reviews state that there has been no R1 release of the TV series and that the movie is a recap of eps 44 and 45.

Last edited by xris; 2005-01-04 at 11:22.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 11:47   Link #25
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh man, this series was good indeed. I liked it even when AXN dubbed it.

But damn you people! All this discussion about the manga makes me want to check it out for myself--which is close to impossible considering they're probably all sold out by now.

And oh yeah, Yokoshima's lechery is probably as great, if not greater, than Ataru's from Urusei Yatsura--which is good actually.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 17:16   Link #26
jpnn80

Tsunam thanx for your explanation which made me understand better. Now I just wonder after this post was moved, why my message vanished in the process though I am the one who started it? Is it a bug of the forum?
Old 2005-01-04, 17:34   Link #27
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnn80
Tsunam thanx for your explanation which made me understand better. Now I just wonder after this post was moved, why my message vanished in the process though I am the one who started it? Is it a bug of the forum?
Not sure what you mean when you say "my message vanished". If you look a few posts back (post #23), you can see your original message.

Your thread was merged with an existing thread, and since you didn't create the original, you are not the poster credited as starting it.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 11:36   Link #28
jpnn80

Yes you're right, I see now.
Old 2006-03-12, 20:25   Link #29
guess

Does any one know if this series was ever fan-subbed to the last ep back in the VHS fansubbing days?
Old 2006-03-13, 03:37   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Does any one know if this series was ever fan-subbed to the last ep back in the VHS fansubbing days?
Having watched some of the VHS fansubs, I'm pretty sure that the series was not completely fansubbed. Though I admit that after a while I stopped looking for new tapes, so it might have been finished when I wasn't looking.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 18:34   Link #31
RPNS

Finally got all 39 volumes of the manga.

With my limited knowledge of Japanese I can clearly tell the manga is much better than the anime, Yokoshima is a great character in the last big story arc which was really amazing and sad, he really shined in it.

Question the last upgrade to the pearls what is it, I can make it out really well.

Still wish there was more of it.
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 12:36   Link #32
ultimateking

just as a remind, the manga's now being scanlated on a regular (1 chapter per day) basis, this way it'll take around one year to finish the whole manga XD
Old 2009-05-04, 23:33   Link #33
beamknight87
Gold Saint

I remember back then when I watched the latin dub of this series, it was so damn funny, especially with the perfect wacko voice they gave to Yokoshima. Currently I'm also checking out the recent scanlations of the manga, I'm eager to see all what the anime left off.
Old 2009-05-06, 11:19   Link #34
xellos2099

I don' think there is a permanent upgrade to the pearl. I wanted to manga in chinese and I think the highest it go is the fusion syncon form and one time upgrade was the ability to use 2 word in the pearl at same time.

But yeah, I agree that the manga is superior to the anime in every way, including
Spoiler for scene:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 04:57   Link #35
Lotur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateking View Post
just as a remind, the manga's now being scanlated on a regular (1 chapter per day) basis, this way it'll take around one year to finish the whole manga XD
i really appreciate your effort bro, long time GSM fan here

the raws in volume 23 and volume 28 are cliffhangers, can i request for a summary spoiler recap for those? sorry for the trouble i just cant wait!

and btw
Spoiler:

the raws are killing me!
thanks in advance!
Lotur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 17:46   Link #36
hildandurd

Does anyone know if this series was ever fansubbed past episode 16?
hildandurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 11:38   Link #37
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Just a quick comment, a new manga of Ghost Sweeper Mikami has been published in the latest Weekly Shonen Sunday and it seems it is NOT a one-shot (since it ends in a BIG cliffhanger).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 18:38   Link #38
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Just a quick comment, a new manga of Ghost Sweeper Mikami has been published in the latest Weekly Shonen Sunday and it seems it is NOT a one-shot (since it ends in a BIG cliffhanger).
Is Mikami still the main character?
Old 2013-02-25, 22:01   Link #39
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Is Mikami still the main character?
Indeed We also see Yokoshima and Okinu, but I suspect they are from before the manga only changes (meaning they are just like you remember them from the TV series/Movie)

Spoiler for Mikami is now more slender:
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi