AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 17:19   Link #2441
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I personally liked that Episode 7 preview.

Given the "sparkling teeth" display, my sense is that this guy will sincerely think he's being a hero, stomping out "violent terrorists". Such perception of things will be very skewed, of course, but if this is the case for him, at least he's not a guy that's either totally insane or intentionally/knowingly doing evil. If his character is executed decently well, then he might add a welcomed touch of grey to the GHQ side.
I agree that he could be one of those guns for hire that believe that he is doing good by taking out Funeral Parlor, who are known as 'terrorists' amongst the average people.

He may be a professional with heavy equipment who's been tricked and hired by GHQ.
Old 2011-11-18, 17:24   Link #2442
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Goddamn is there anything in this anime that would not remind you to something else? And I'm not even trying to.
First thing that came to mind was Inori's outfit but then I remembered Mai Otome now that Kaoru mentioned it.

How about Ayase, Kenji, and the whole naming scheme.
Old 2011-11-18, 17:57   Link #2443
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I want to know who Shu is pulling the void out of in the episode 7 preview.

I'm going to rule out the 3 funeral parlor girls and the rest of their group because it doesn't look like they're on a boat.

This leaves 3 people:

Blond girl
Blond guy
Blond Gai

My vote is on the foreign-looking blond guy.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:02   Link #2444
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

I'm going to rule out the 3 funeral parlor girls and the rest of their group because it doesn't look like they're on a boat.

This leaves 3 people:

Blond girl
Blond guy
Blond Gai

is he under 17?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:10   Link #2445
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
is he under 17?
Hey, if Gai and his entire team can be composed of teenagers, then I'll believe any age you throw at me.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:32   Link #2446
Unknown Soldier
:D

The arguments about whether Guilty Crown is a good show or not are kind of funny. This show is big and dumb like a Michael Bay movie, which makes it both awesome and terrible at the same time. Or maybe that kinda makes it like Code Geass.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:36   Link #2447
Soji

Because I reviewing episode 6 more carefully, there are things that I found very interesting, especially to see him a second time, in order to better understand some of the scenes.

Shu and Gai scene ,Another Gai and Inori plan to manipulate Shu ?
I thought about this question while watching the episode and beacuse I already knowing what would happen , I must say this was another initiative from Inori.
you can clearly see that Gai was surprised that was Shu the one who heard his confession.
I have the impression that Gai give up to expect help from Shu (I could be wrong though).
One confirmation to this is at the end of this scene when he calls Shu a Fool (or similar).
The second confirmation is when Shu appear wiht the void combined (the destroy satellites).
And the final confirmation at the end of the episode when he asks Shu why he came back and Gai goes on to say that a sinner was enough.
In short I think Inori understood that the only way to resolve the situation Shu / Gai was that Shu hear Gai confession in her place and I would say that it work seeing the end of the episode and the ending of this episode.

For the mysterious girl I find it interesting that she intervened when Shu had his monologue if it was right that he was just looking and doing nothing.
That is, she herself asked him if he wanted to save everyone, if he wanted to save Gai.
Since we are on the speech I wonder if Shu has understand something thanks this.
I mean the way Shu talk to Gai when Gai asked about that void, it seemed to me that Shu had realized who the girl was or just me who thinks so?

Spoiler for Imm at the end of the ending:

For the Preview episode 7.

The I find very interesting what the prewiev show, one thing that I wonder is if Shu will tells his mother that he will live with some friends or find some kind of excuse.
Because I highly doubt that Shu will return to live in his old house.
After all, after this episode Shu is part of the "Undertaker" whic mean that he has to live with them. (afterall he can go from his place to their base every day or every time there is a mission. )

Last edited by Soji; 2011-11-18 at 19:06.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:39   Link #2448
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... *sigh* ... after ep 6 I have to finally say that I will remove the series from my active following list.... I will likely watch it later on when it has finished airing. At the moment there is just not enough in the show to keep my attention on it....

C'est la vie.
Old 2011-11-18, 18:42   Link #2449
Unknown Soldier
:D

The ryo/Supercell OP "My Dearest" is pretty fantastic though, as are the other insert songs.

Is "Chelly" actually really only 17 years old? I heard she won some kind of audition/competition to become one of supercell's singers.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:44   Link #2450
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

This leaves 3 people:

Blond girl
Blond guy
Blond Gai

I don't see this when I made my post, so I'll respond now.
I bet on Gai.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:56   Link #2451
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Shu and Gai scene ,Another Gai and Inori plan to manipulate Shu?
I was thinking the same thing. The event was too convenient. And Shu, being gullible as he is, half my mind was thinking "....fell for it , sucker."
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 19:26   Link #2452
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Forgot to voice my continued disappointment in Daryl this week. I tend to like psycho blood knight villains, but he's still not doing anything for me. Sadness.

Re: Captain Blondemuscles in the preview: 'Murica. Eff Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
It seems that Shu is lucky in this image ,I wonder if Shu find Tsugumi comfortable as pillow or if Shu would have preferred Inori or Ayase instead of Tsugumi .
She's probably a bit boney to use as a pillow. But who am I kidding, I wouldn't complain. I certainly wouldn't be making a face like Shu's.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 19:30   Link #2453
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
The arguments about whether Guilty Crown is a good show or not are kind of funny. This show is big and dumb like a Michael Bay movie, which makes it both awesome and terrible at the same time. Or maybe that kinda makes it like Code Geass.
Yeah, but what was up with the arguments before? They were never that bad, except for maybe when Episode 2 aired. I guess it's the action-packed stuff that brings out the worst in you.

By the way, I'm kind of stupid for figuring this out (and I stated some similar things in the past), but I just really realized something. These bad guys are STUPID beyond belief. This is like Battlefield Earth stupid: they rule the planet (or maybe it's just Tokyo, I forget), yet you don't see how they could possibly have done it. Their aim is terrible, and that's if they shoot, their plans are half-assed and rely too much on assumption, and they are just so one-dimensionally evil and arrogant that it's just painful. I can't recall one competent person in that army. Not even "evil-eye" was really all that great.

Old 2011-11-18, 19:57   Link #2454
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
The ryo/Supercell OP "My Dearest" is pretty fantastic though, as are the other insert songs. Is "Chelly" actually really only 17 years old? I heard she won some kind of audition/competition to become one of supercell's singers.
Yes, she's 17 and was selected following auditions earlier this year. But she sings the ED and the insert song. The OP is sung by Koeda, another singer selected at the auditions. She is apparently only 15. More info here.

I loved the insert song, liked the ED very much, and was a bit lukewarm to the OP at first. But now I love it, too, and listen to it right through every time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 20:22   Link #2455
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
The arguments about whether Guilty Crown is a good show or not are kind of funny. This show is big and dumb like a Michael Bay movie, which makes it both awesome and terrible at the same time.
Love it or you hate it. Either way, I find some of this stuff positive flame war fuel. God willing, when I entered this thread I was expecting mad ship warz. The transition for episode 5 to episode 6 was surprisingly calm. As in, boring.

Also, I positively adore Guilty Crown because it is so cliche and narmy. I enjoy watching it. Though poor Shu, something tells me he'll always be the butt monkey. Gai in a suit? Oh swasher, still doesn't beat that lawyer get-up he had.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 20:27   Link #2456
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
I enjoy watching it. Though poor Shu, something tells me he'll always be the butt monkey. Gai in a suit? Oh swasher, still doesn't beat that lawyer get-up he had.
More like Shu was a deconstruction of the typical shounen hero.

And Gai in a what? Where?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 21:07   Link #2457
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ayase: We won't let you get to Inori-san so easily! Fufufufu....

Tsugumi: *in English* YOU SHARRU NOTA PASS!

Shu: ... ...

Inori: *looking at everyone* What is going on?

Ayase: Don't worry Inori-san, we'll protect you from that grabby boy!

Inori: "Grabby"? *looks at Shu* ... do you like to grab things, Shu?

Tsugumi: Be careful, Inori, he might look to grab more than your Void next time!

Ayase: *snickers* Oh yes, definitely!

Inori: ... *looks at Shu* ...

Shu: ... what...?

Inori: ...Shu no Ecchi...

Shu: NAN DE DAI YO!!?
Old 2011-11-18, 21:08   Link #2458
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Love it or you hate it. Either way, I find some of this stuff positive flame war fuel. God willing, when I entered this thread I was expecting mad ship warz. The transition for episode 5 to episode 6 was surprisingly calm. As in, boring.
Are you kidding? We had to have this thread closed because of the arguments earlier. Besides, it's hard to come up with new complaints without rehashing stuff we've already said.

Quote:
More like Shu was a deconstruction of the typical shounen hero.
I keep on hoping this will happen. I haven't seen one of those since the main character in Shadow Star, or Narutaru as a lot of people call it.

Old 2011-11-18, 21:58   Link #2459
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Leukocyte

This sixth episode pretty much answers about the kind of folk Gai is just as I thought.

Except for Inori, probably, not everyone else can read and tell the true Gai, but they cherished him as the "Leader" that takes care of them. We know that Gai's putting on his best face as "Leader", but he feels stained and unworthy for all the lives he has lost under his care; Kyo's final moments of gratitude, as Gai delivered Kyo eternal rest were the most painful to watch, because Gai cannot repay back the debts to the dead but only moving forward to fulfill the promised goal: freeing Japan from GHQ.

I do understand now the other members' feelings regarding Shu's "no-no" stance about sacrificing anymore lives. Naivety doesn't work for miracles in an scenario of theirs where daily people are getting killed (in)discriminately by a corrupted, corporal-administrative, organization that has hold over the entire country.

I just hope Funeral are very willing and ready to die for the sake of every people that comprise their personal world and unwavering love to those people, and not because Shu's interpreting as putting themselves as blind followers to Gai.

Furthermore, I think they're not like that, and it was a breather watching that brawl between Shu and Gai, because from eavesdropping accidentally Gai's monologue Shu learned a deal about how Gai truly is and how he feels about this bloodshed war, although at first Shu was in denial that Gai isn't as the apperances led him to believe Gai was this indifferent leader.

Now, this bring us towards the conclusion for those two. A sort of partnership with Shu acknowledging to Gai that they'll be accomplices, and Gai not taking offense at all taking Shu's hand.

BTW, the revelation for this episode centers around the mysterious memory of the unidentified girl, who likely is the person Gai recalls from his past, the same girl that resembles Inori to a physical extent.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:01   Link #2460
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

KANE GAI LIVES!

And with that the mission to destroy GDI GHQ's Ion Cannon Leucocyte begins!

Well it seems that our Brother Gai is a more caring person than we thought....or is he? We shall see....

And so in trucks bearing the crimson emblem of the Brotherhood of Nod Funeral Parlour, the assault begins. Ranged against them, some really really incompetent security forces led by a psychopath piloting a mech.

What's that Special Agent Tanya Inori is here too? Must be the high-end nature of the mission. After surviving one orbital strike despite being in the center of the blast, another should be no issue right? So our Leader thinks as he prepares to show the world his Messianic abilities in downing GDI's GHQ's satellite.

But then the secret Tiberium based entity experiment of GDI GHQ awakens and drawing on the suppressed memories of our protag as well as his repressed sexuality (seriously...control your feelings dood) gets him to use her Tiberium Void at a far higher level than before, downing the satellite

This then leads to the question.....if she is Cocytus, What is our protag?

Find out Player as you advance to further missions for our glorious Brotherhood and Leader!

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig