AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-18, 22:03   Link #81
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
OT: This fucker oughta drop out of the fandom if he hates the way it is now:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...461451#1461451
I guess I just found a new outlet of my... erm... typewriting skills...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-18, 22:34   Link #82
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
OT: This fucker oughta drop out of the fandom if he hates the way it is now:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...461451#1461451

While I can understand the annoyance, it's probably best if you just ignore him. He's either a troll or one of those annoying people who likes to rage about things.
Old 2011-10-18, 22:45   Link #83
Key Board
Carbon

You should know by their podcast and anime reviews that it's THESE kind of people that ANN cater towards to

If you want to continue being on ANN, you'll have bear with it. I'm sorry.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-10-18, 22:52   Link #84
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You should know by their podcast and anime reviews that it's THESE kind of people that ANN cater towards to
Thats good, except this also means they won't have much left to err... entertain themselves with.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:48   Link #85
sa547
*Author

@Tabby, @Key: I got it. From now on looks like I'll lurk there instead for the laughs.
Old 2011-10-19, 17:01   Link #86
Darthtabby

You know there was something interesting that occured to me relating to this project.

Kawamori has done series with idol singer characters before, but the portrayal of said idol singer characters has not always been entirely positive. Look at Minmay late in SDF:M, Myung in Plus, and to some extent even Sheryl and Ranka at certain points in Frontier. (Yes I know some of these characters are also portrayed very positively at other points in their respective series.) Looking at it like that, isn't Kawamori in some respects an odd choice for doing a series that is essentially promotional material for an idol group?

Then again given that this series is being made to promote an idol group I doubt the creators are going to be able to do very much in the way of deconstructions or anything like that. Which is a bit of a shame since a show like that might be a really good follow up to the recent success of Idolmaster. :lol: At any rate with Kawamori and Mari Okada involved hopefully it will at least be more than another cute girls doing cute things anime.

Food for thought anyway.
Old 2011-10-19, 18:14   Link #87
Tak

Well, not every idol group/idol singer in Kawamori's hands ended up badly. Kawamori had inserted an idol group into a Macross show before, which, as I mentioned in the previous page, were the Milky Dolls, and it had the classic lineup, including Mari Iijima.

OTOH, what is the story for the new project about anyway? An anime about AKB48, or an anime featuring AKB48's talents? After all, only 9 will be selected.

Of course, he could also do a project involving a very Tenchi-ish setting...

- Tak

Old 2011-10-19, 22:36   Link #88
sa547
*Author

Offtopic: lol, she contradicts herself, especially with her older posts. Guess some of you are right, this one's a troller... I lol'd at her reaction.
Old 2011-10-20, 09:11   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality

1/ This should have no bearing on the Macross 30 project, whatever they may be.
2/ Kawamori has directed many series starring idols.
3/ Mari Okada is the one writing this, she'll be a considerably more important part of the project, it's up to Kawamori to make sure things run well though.
4/ Speaking of Mari Okada.. with her writing this and Aquarion EVOL I think you can pencil her in as the writer for the next Macross.
5/ And speaking of Aquarion EVOL.. if this is Spring 2012 than when the fuck is Aquarion EVOL airing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
One of the posters on ANN was mentioning that Kawamori may be trying to save Satelight with this project. Are they really doing all that badly right now?
Macross Frontier is the only production Satelight have made that definately made a profit.

Satelight
46147 *9 Macross Frontier
*2884 *9 Sousei no Aquarion
*1658 *7 Galaxy Angelu~n
*1472 *9 Guin Saga
***** *7 Kamichama Karin
***** *5 Koisuru Tenshi Angelique ~Kagayaki no Ashita~
***** *5 Koisuru Tenshi Angelique ~Kokoro no Mezameru Toki~
***** *9 Glass no Kantai
***** *8 Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi he
***** 16 Shugo Chara!
***** *7 GENE SHAFT
***** *6 Hokuto no Ken: Raoh Gaiden - Ten no Haoh

As you can see the majority of Satelight shows don't even sell enough copies to chart.... shows not listed on that like Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, Basquash! (451) and Kiddy Girl-and (1,187) sold poorly as well.

Otoh the two studios formed from ex-Satelight members 8-Bit and GOHANDS have done better...

GOHANDS
Princess Lover 3,697
Seitokai Yakuin Domo 6,187

Both shows have sold better than every Satelight production that isn't Macross Frontier.

8-Bit
IS <Infinite Stratos> 33,343

And 8-Bit had a big smash hit straight out the gate.
Old 2011-10-20, 09:23   Link #90
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

^Macross Frontier is no surprise. But I'm actually surprised at how poor Shugo Chara did, considering it had about 3 (very annoying and stupid) seasons.
Old 2011-10-20, 10:29   Link #91
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
^Macross Frontier is no surprise. But I'm actually surprised at how poor Shugo Chara did, considering it had about 3 (very annoying and stupid) seasons.
And Macross 7 is the longest running single Macross series to date.

OH WHY!?

- Tak

Old 2011-10-20, 11:31   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
It's more of a surprise seeing at how huge the young fanbase was for the franchise. It was huge!

Pretty pleased for Guin Saga. The show i wish more people would have watched when it was airing.
Old 2011-10-20, 11:44   Link #93
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And Macross 7 is the longest running single Macross series to date.

OH WHY!?

- Tak
It's a mystery to everyone.

Given that MF is such a huge success, it is really strange that they don't plan on giving it a sequel. Sheryl was such a good character that it is a shame that she will already be phased out for the next generation.
Old 2011-10-20, 11:45   Link #94
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's more of a surprise seeing at how huge the young fanbase was for the franchise. It was huge!
I don't think its surprising.

You have young fans sucking up to Gundam just about... oh... every one and a half years. I admit, I love Gundam too, but I can't shake the feeling that every Gundam show is too confined and lacking freedom.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-20, 12:45   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
It's a mystery to everyone.

Given that MF is such a huge success, it is really strange that they don't plan on giving it a sequel. Sheryl was such a good character that it is a shame that she will already be phased out for the next generation.
I'd rather have more Macross 7 then Macross Frontier.
Old 2011-10-20, 13:53   Link #96
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Gah, I couldn't even stomach Basara well for one series! I actually pity a good character like Gamlin stuck in such...circumstances.
Old 2011-10-20, 14:18   Link #97
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd rather have more Macross 7 then Macross Frontier.
I will not give the response I want to that. ^^
Old 2011-10-23, 22:47   Link #98
Key Board
Carbon

ok now.. everything said and done

I don't think AK48 and anime mix

It just seems to me that your typical AK48 fan is a regular non-anime watching "civilian" ( ie: average folk. Thinks anime are for children )

and your typical anime watcher is someone that hates groups like AK48
I mean, the only musicians otaku care abut are seiyuu idols

It would be like having a Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga anime. Would the the target audience really mix?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-10-24, 00:16   Link #99
sa547
*Author

It remains to see how that experiment (presumably in competition with IM@S, and it's a coincidence that NBGI publishes both the IM@S and MF spin-off games) would fare, but we've seen Kawamori do gonzo things before with mixed results.
Old 2011-10-24, 00:38   Link #100
Galen Dex

Personally considering the success of the live action Space battleship Yamato movie. I would like to see DYRL done in live action. I have no interest in the long rumored Robotech Live action.

With the long running success of the macross series its only a matter of time before we see a live action version.
Closed Thread