AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-24, 02:46   Link #61
Darvin
Is breakfast ready yet???

fftopic:

Just let Sid have those emoticons... you're not his mother or father to make him remove thos emoticons...

Good Day!!! FOOLS!!! :fingers:
Darvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 03:17   Link #62
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Hahahaha! wat a nice friend...

Be Advised... I've just waged war with Ashibaka and Thany... but dont expect any fights... thank you...

That's all...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 06:44   Link #63
Xess
Go Suzuka!

They should teach important stuff in school like urm... which state KFC is from (apparently there are people who don't know even though they know it's called Kentucky Fried Chicken), that Hitler is not fiction and that Black Adder isn't real.

Apparently they should also consider teaching Geography in school in the US. It's just too hmmm...something... that around 1/11 americans can't point out where USA is on an unmarked map.
Xess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 10:26   Link #64
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xess
They should teach important stuff in school like urm... which state KFC is from (apparently there are people who don't know even though they know it's called Kentucky Fried Chicken), that Hitler is not fiction and that Black Adder isn't real.

Apparently they should also consider teaching Geography in school in the US. It's just too hmmm...something... that around 1/11 americans can't point out where USA is on an unmarked map.
Yeah... you're right...

That's all...
Old 2004-04-24, 15:12   Link #65
RichMan
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xess
Where did you find that at? I think your joking. Anyone knows where the U.S. is on a map. The only way I could see 1/11 as logical is if they counted children under 5 years of age into the survey.

Schools DO teach Geography here(I should know, i've already taken that class)
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 15:24   Link #66
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
In junior high (or "middle school"), I learned all the most valuable stuff I think I'll ever need, generally for like English and Math and such.

High school courses like English now, in the past three years, I find redunant. There's no point to any of it. Same thing as previous years, different books.
Math, it's a grey area. Somethings are needed, while other things no one will use again due to technology, or it's plain outdated.
The "good" subjects in high school are mostly likely the specialized ones, such as other languages and sciences.

I'm so incohereant it's not funny.
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 16:42   Link #67
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
Where did you find that at? I think your joking. Anyone knows where the U.S. is on a map. The only way I could see 1/11 as logical is if they counted children under 5 years of age into the survey.

Schools DO teach Geography here(I should know, i've already taken that class)
What until you decide going into the healthcare business, you realize not everyone is as smart as you think they are.

To hate school is one thing. To deny the benefits and reject the knowledge that is given to you, is to reject the prospect of being human. If you cannot learn, then you are not alive. School is meant to weed out the ignorance in the human mind, you should be grateful, as theres many other countries, millions of people all accross the world, where 2+2= 4 is as greek to them as the practice of neural surgery are to most.

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. " - Aristole.

You never know how valuable something is, until you lose it. And pray to god(s) that education isn't one of them, and apppericate what you have now, because you are lucky.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 18:28   Link #68
Evan
天使我爱你

School is a place to learn new things...play with friends and do nasty things together!
Enjoy while you still can!!It's wonderful I say!
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 19:04   Link #69
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
School is a place to learn new things...play with friends and do nasty things together!
Enjoy while you still can!!It's wonderful I say!
Yeah... Ive already enjoyed it before WWII... <sigh> I remember the good old times wen I was still 17 yrs old...

That's all...
Old 2004-04-24, 19:15   Link #70
Evan
天使我爱你

Ya...I know its hard to forget...those friends...those days...happy times...ha~~~
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 19:44   Link #71
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkihaTohno
In junior high (or "middle school"), I learned all the most valuable stuff I think I'll ever need, generally for like English and Math and such.

High school courses like English now, in the past three years, I find redunant. There's no point to any of it. Same thing as previous years, different books.
Math, it's a grey area. Somethings are needed, while other things no one will use again due to technology, or it's plain outdated.
The "good" subjects in high school are mostly likely the specialized ones, such as other languages and sciences.

I'm so incohereant it's not funny.
Agreed. English in High School is useless. You don't really learn how to write correctly until you reach college. Amazingly College teaches rules and grammar that one should have learned in high school. Pretty sorry.

Math? Well... math is universal you can't live without it. Technology is developed from math. So well...

Specialized ones? I found Chemistry useless as hell. Why would I ever need to know a mole is = 6.02 X 10^-23 molecules of a element. Junk I tell you junk!
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 21:28   Link #72
SoulDrinker
wandering soul

Send a message via MSN to SoulDrinker
u meet some interesting people in school my friend "random crap generater" has change his brother into a walking talking sex joke. theirs a lot of dumb and annoying people in life ie. once i saw a kid pick a fight over a chair, really funny anyway what im trying to say is get used to stupid and annoying people while ur young so ur use to them when ur older and so u dont go ape shit on the world
SoulDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 22:10   Link #73
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
Nah, i'm not going to college. I'm going to rely on the 3 computer-based ROP classes i'm taking. Once I get out of high school i'm going to look for a good job doing a computer based job(duh!). If for some reason I'm not able a job, then I guess I'll go to a computer trade school for more computer knowledge. I'm just doing what comes easy to me.
Have you considered earning an IT/IS or MIS degree in college? You learn a little bit of everything. Some programming in C, Java, html. Some hardware/software Break/Fix/Move/Add/Change for PC/Mac/Sun. Some networking in Novell, TCP/IP, Cisco, etc. Of course, depends on the college program. With that degree, you can get a better computer job in a large corporation rather than work as a break/fix/helpdesk tech.

Believe me, I've done that. Studied at home, got my A+, which is a joke, considering that I'm a Mac guy with almost no experience in PC and Windows. Got hired and earned in 3 months, the following certifications:

Apple desktop/laptop/printer
IBM desktop/laptop/printer
Compaq desktop/laptop/server
HP desktop/laptop/printer/server

Was studying for my MCSE, Cisco CCNA, Adobe ACE in Photoshop, and Novel before I got "downsized" shortly after 9/11.

I was a field computer engineer, and helped out as a deployment and design consultant for our clients. Basically, I was break/fix/Move/Add/Change tech or blue collar worker. For 40k/yr salary, trust me, wasn't worth the money considering the abuse I had to deal with. I felt like I was dealing with a verbally abusive father who never praises you but gets pissed off whenever you screw up regardless how small the issue is. What disappoints me is that many blue collar jobs in tech industry is like that.

Part of the reason, which I believe for the abuse, is that many of the techs don't have college degrees. I was shocked to learn, in NYC itself, 2/3 of the techs don't have college degrees. Out of that, half are high school dropouts.

When I worked as a consultant with the IT dept in a large corporation, the working environment is alot better. Do yourself a favor, don't go to a technical school. Go to college, and get that IT/IS/MIS degree. Pay is a lot better, and a higher chance of being in a better working environment.

Or, if you can, learn how to do Macs in graphics. Tech support, and IT for Macs in graphics (not break/fix) is a nice way to earn a living. I was in the process of getting my Adobe ACE's. If you get those, it's not hard to make 90K plus salary. It's a niche market, a bit harder to get a job, but harder to get fired too. PC guys are dime a dozen, Mac techs aren't.
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 22:57   Link #74
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_luver
may i ask a question to those who have finished middle school (grade 8 in particular, im in grade 8); what were your average grades? cuz im only getting like a 91% average and was wondering if that was normal, i feel that its low (in the us, thats only an A right?).
It depends on the high school situation. In NYC, you have a choice... either attend a local high school which you'll earn a decent education. Or take the entrance exams and try to enter the prestigious Stuyvesant HS, Bronx Science, or Brookyln Tech. If that's the case, sure, your grades matter. A 91% average would be an A-. But then again, if that's NOT the case and there's only one high school, grades don't matter at all.

I'd be more concern about high school GPA rather than middle school. HS GPA will help you enter a better college and you may even earn a scholarship(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Agreed. English in High School is useless. You don't really learn how to write correctly until you reach college. Amazingly College teaches rules and grammar that one should have learned in high school. Pretty sorry.

Specialized ones? I found Chemistry useless as hell. Why would I ever need to know a mole is = 6.02 X 10^-23 molecules of a element. Junk I tell you junk!
I concur. Damn shame that college needs to pickup where HS drop the ball. I find it shocking that college students, even after taking English classes, still have difficulty in mastering their grammar. Things like their/there/they're should be drilled in their heads back in 5th grade. I can understand not mastering such things in elementary school, and middle school. But college? Unacceptable.

Eh, some specialized classes have their place. But I'm in agreement with you. Most of the science classes I took, they don't apply in med school. Whatever I needed from those college science classes, we have to review again in Physiology. A little bit of chemistry, physics, and a lot of biology. Boy, I felt like I flushed my money and time down the toilet. What was the point of making those classes required for med students if we're not going to use them ever again?
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 23:34   Link #75
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Finals are evil!

My college finals are coming up so it's soon time for lots of coffee and late night studying. I hope I don't die on the exams, but after watching this little movie helped lighten things up FFA+. Anyone else having their finals soon? What subjects are they?

P.S - Ignore the hentai banners, sorry!
Old 2004-04-24, 23:39   Link #76
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Oh god. Thankfully I am a couple of years removed from any test taking. I am just postin to suggest a 2-5 minute meditation session directly before taking the test.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 23:41   Link #77
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
computer science...T-50 hours....
synopsis - not good
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 00:16   Link #78
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Hah, I'm in my last semester and only 2 of my classes have finals. I've always had 4 or 5 finals in the past, I'm going to be cruzin' through finals week! Actually I have to grade finals for the class I TA this semester. MWAHAHAHAH REVENGE!!!!

Oh I really liked FFA+. That's a pretty interesting final that guy did He did pretty well though for being an amatuer speaker.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 00:33   Link #79
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I'm too woried about finishing my senior project that I don't even have time to think about finals...
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 01:16   Link #80
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
I'm too woried about finishing my senior project that I don't even have time to think about finals...
Yeah me too. I have to get it finished my Wednesday, maybe I should stop posting here until that time

My Senior Design Project
- Beware of crappy webpage. Who has time to make a project webpage pretty when you still have to do the project?
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote