AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-19, 02:53   Link #1741
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

But then you had fights when you didn't stun at all in 10s.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 04:14   Link #1742
Skane
Anime Snark

Volibear with Ionic Spark on Summoner's Rift is hilarious, especially with Surge and his ultimate. May not be the most effective combo in the game, but the resulting fireworks sure as hell is pretty.

Heh.
Old 2012-01-19, 06:27   Link #1743
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
But then you had fights when you didn't stun at all in 10s.
Still better than 22-14s and it's random. With runes it was rare to not dodge an AA.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 06:32   Link #1744
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Still better than 22-14s and it's random. With runes it was rare to not dodge an AA.
unless you know you fighting a character who didn't AA much, and there weren't minions around you, or if it was team fight and your team mates were getting focused before you, so you couldn't stun.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 08:18   Link #1745
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Just had 3 games earlier and all lost. I crey T_T Darn teammates in the last match kept going solo.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 08:39   Link #1746
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Happens to the best of us
Quote:
unless you know you fighting a character who didn't AA much, and there weren't minions around you, or if it was team fight and your team mates were getting focused before you, so you couldn't stun.
If Jax ain't getting focused, he beats people up with empower and his R passive. If he did get focused, he could activate R to take a burst, stun from E and his gunblade would do the rest...kinda like Lifesteal Yi: Alpha strike, Wuju, Highlander and right-click-to-win.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 09:02   Link #1747
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I was using Caitlyn and I got into a quarrel with our team's Graves. It was all because our teammates either kept jungling or kept farming at the other lanes. Seriously, we couldn't get to like half of the mid lane without separating and it wasn't because of the enemy team. I don't understand how come so many Master Yis I've come across just love to soloooo. Then there was Xin Zhao who kept farming at the bottom lane. I have no idea what our Nasus was doing but he was doing alright, I think at first. Our beginning was really good. I was able to carry the game especially with our mid lane and bottom lane. I was literally able to send Orianna, Kayle, and Blitzcrank home crying. I just don't know what happened during late mid game. I'm pretty sure the other team prioritized the fact that our team was constantly apart and they were always together. We were easy pickings for the other team since they had immense burst AP. They also had a Kassadin.

So then I start questioning why they kept leaving me to push mid despite having already killed a few enemy champs. This was the perfect opportunity to push and break down the mid turrets but nooooo, my teammates were split all the time either jungling or at the top and bottom lanes. I was honestly a really nice Caitlyn. I refrained from using my ulti to KS when I was presented with so many opportunities to do so. So then me and the Graves start quarreling with each other since he just loves to jungle by himself. He even goes and insults my skills in playing Caitlyn. I have to admit he wasn't really an awful Graves. He then goes and insults me saying I'm playing Cait as if she was a tank. I then retort back saying that the team keeps leaving me. What am I supposed to do, just tower hug?? Of course I don't recklessly just send her in. Our team just gets ganked really easily because as I said we're all separated and no one wants to listen to "all mid". The Graves even said that if we went all mid, it would be suicide. I was like "PUHHLEAZZZEEEEE"

Old 2012-01-19, 09:26   Link #1748
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Talking about Jax , what about Udyr ? any news ?
Old 2012-01-19, 11:25   Link #1749
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Talking about Jax , what about Udyr ? any news ?
I remember reading somewhere on the forums that they were going to leave his passive as it is now, because they felt he was in need of a nerf.
I mean, it's not like he's UP or anything now anyway.
Old 2012-01-19, 12:57   Link #1750
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@ Throne Invader: lack of teamwork and map awareness can easily cost the game to a team. There's always a farming priority to be followed (i.e. first the carry, then the tough dps, then the support and finally tanks), with Veigar and Nasus being at the top since their skills also grow through farming. If there's a team fight going on, any more than one person farming is always too much...
Quote:
What am I supposed to do, just tower hug??
Ask Nasus to initiate and tower hug if he doesn't. Not all champions fit into every role; Caitlyn, Master Yi and Graves shouldn't initiate, and with Nasus/Xin both being offtanks, you'd need both to get the job done. No support also hurts, not to mention 3x AD carry in a pure AD team.
Old 2012-01-19, 16:24   Link #1751
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
@ Throne Invader: lack of teamwork and map awareness can easily cost the game to a team. There's always a farming priority to be followed (i.e. first the carry, then the tough dps, then the support and finally tanks), with Veigar and Nasus being at the top since their skills also grow through farming. If there's a team fight going on, any more than one person farming is always too much...

Ask Nasus to initiate and tower hug if he doesn't. Not all champions fit into every role; Caitlyn, Master Yi and Graves shouldn't initiate, and with Nasus/Xin both being offtanks, you'd need both to get the job done. No support also hurts, not to mention 3x AD carry in a pure AD team.
This round was certainly one of the most "self-oriented" rounds I've ever played so far. In fact I've only started playing like 3 weeks ago so this is probably the "most self-oriented" round. The other round I had, we were winning but we were only 3 and our AP carry disconnected but still they didn't wanna go all mid.

I didn't use Caitlyn to initiate. We were just ganked so easily and I was just pushing.

Old 2012-01-19, 21:47   Link #1752
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, Udyr needed the nerf. Udyr was always OP, but like Skarner, it was the mana costs that was holding him down. I remember not being able to change stances more than 3 times at level 1, and he was as blue dependent as the best of them before mana cost buff. But after the buff? All but deserved nerfs, dodge removal included. For the mana cost, those skills were doing too much.

That's why I don't agree with Skarner mana cost increase. Nerf him some other way other than reverting the Quality of Life changes made to his costs. I'd rather be gimped in some way (like Udyr) rather than not be able to use my skills as I please.

One tip I can give relative new players is when your team is ahead and everyone doesn't seem to want to group you can do this...

Buy pink ward + 2 green wards (oracles + 2 greens also work). Pink Baron, and ward around baron with the greens. If you're blue you ward the enemy entrance ramp and you ward behind baron. If you're purple, you ward the entrance from blue buff and the other entrance near mid-river. Now say in chat that baron is clear and it should be a good idea to do it, and with you knowing for sure it isn't warded and therefore relatively safe, you should be able to convince your team mates to gather there.

Now you cleared the enemy vision, and know if the enemy will be coming, do baron. This forces the enemy team to do one of the two; give away baron and essentially hand over the 'power play' status to your team, or fight a teamfight outside the safety of their towers.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 08:22   Link #1753
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

IEM Kiev.

I'm surprised that M5 -Russian are strong :O
M5 vs aAa looks like a great match to see.

Edit : M5 very strong team. I didn't know about them. M5 vs TSM should be interesting to see but so far M5 got a great braining , placing , map controls & teamwork. Their compo are smart too.

Last edited by -Sho-; 2012-01-20 at 14:07.
Old 2012-01-21, 18:33   Link #1754
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Why does people think Lux's shield suck? Sure they might have killed you before it comes back but it is an AOE 200/400 Shield with the average amount of AP. With 400 AP(RoA, Deathcap, Runes, Mastery) it is at 320/640 shield. You can cast it 2 times and probably hit your 4/5 of your team every team fight. So why do people think it suck? It makes Lux so goddamn tanky if you have 10 minute ROA and plus her long range/2 spell kite.
Old 2012-01-21, 22:53   Link #1755
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

First time I heard people calling it suck.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:18   Link #1756
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Why does people think Lux's shield suck? Sure they might have killed you before it comes back but it is an AOE 200/400 Shield with the average amount of AP. With 400 AP(RoA, Deathcap, Runes, Mastery) it is at 320/640 shield. You can cast it 2 times and probably hit your 4/5 of your team every team fight. So why do people think it suck? It makes Lux so goddamn tanky if you have 10 minute ROA and plus her long range/2 spell kite.
Is pretty amusing to troll people with that shield, specially when someone is trying to be first blood, using ignite, then immediately trow the shield and voala, you just make your opponent waste a perfect kill chance.

I think some people say it sucks because they don't find a good moment to using it, or using it will probably mess with their chance of kills when playing Lux.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 00:04   Link #1757
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
First time I heard people calling it suck.
When Lux is released, people ranted about how underpower she is. One of the reason they came up with was her shield is weak compare to Janna/Morgana/Whoever's shield. ->Rant: There is better support than her and there is better AP carry than her.- Thus Lux sucks. If you search the forum you can see millions of thread bout it.
Old 2012-01-22, 00:15   Link #1758
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Yeah, but they were saying Lux is suck compare to other AP caster as a whole, since there is better champion than her in every aspect. However, she got plenty of buff already, and is a pretty solid champion as of now. Beside, another reason people hate her because her mechanic was changed before releasing. Her shield used to make other invisible, and it's changed into something as generic as possible.

It's a problem if people still think Lux is suck now, though.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:34   Link #1759
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She's pretty fast, and her shield can actually go over someone three times: once when you throw it, once when it returns and a third time when you flash over a champion right before it comes back to you
Old 2012-01-22, 11:34   Link #1760
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

M5 has entered the competition , congrats for them , they showed their potentials.
Overall , this IEM wasn't really entertaining , no-match aren't very fun to watch , except 3rd place match Dinitas vs SK.
I'm waiting for the Asian come back.

Tags
league of legends, lol