AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-19, 22:11   Link #201
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

From what I gather they have the original author aboard so I'm hoping that they of all the people can keep the stories aligned (if that is their goal).
Old 2007-11-19, 22:14   Link #202
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
From what I gather they have the original author aboard so I'm hoping that they of all the people can keep the stories aligned (if that is their goal).
If not, let's just hope that they cut it short at the Pheles arc and either

A) they make a 12-episode 3rd season
B) they extend this season to 36 episodes.
Old 2007-11-20, 06:10   Link #203
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
If not, let's just hope that they cut it short at the Pheles arc and either

A) they make a 12-episode 3rd season
B) they extend this season to 36 episodes.
Yup yup I think that is the best approach. I also rather that they extend over cram. Well as long as it isn't a Naruto filler killer session

I like nothing better then to come back to a series later on and marathon 3 series each at 26 episodes, that is what I call bliss

Also it makes issues such as these past 4 episodes seem far less prominent (well for those who didn't like them), as waiting a week or more between each episode gives too much time to think about stuff
Old 2007-11-20, 06:24   Link #204
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Yup yup I think that is the best approach. I also rather that they extend over cram. Well as long as it isn't a Naruto filler killer session

I like nothing better then to come back to a series later on and marathon 3 series each at 26 episodes, that is what I call bliss

Also it makes issues such as these past 4 episodes seem far less prominent (well for those who didn't like them), as waiting a week or more between each episode gives too much time to think about stuff
Well, unless they want to make a huge filler series about Hanukkah or something, if there is a 3rd season, then it's going to have 12 episodes. Because from the looks of it in terms of the novel perspective, this thing is ending really soon.
Old 2007-11-21, 20:47   Link #205
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

If there's so much more material to work from, why introduce an anime-only character and stall relationships? Forgive me for rehashing the same complaining that's been going on for pages...
Old 2007-11-21, 20:50   Link #206
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

How do you know that they are filler character? Perhaps they play a much more important role in the future and hence the time spent near the beginning to build their characters up.

A good anime starts with a good foundation.
Old 2007-11-21, 21:07   Link #207
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
How do you know that they are filler character? Perhaps they play a much more important role in the future and hence the time spent near the beginning to build their characters up.

A good anime starts with a good foundation.
Quoted For Truth

And Shakugan no Shana's foundation was crumbling at the end of Season 1... sort of... either that or it crumbled when Shana refused to confess a second time.
Old 2007-11-21, 23:55   Link #208
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Quoted For Truth

And Shakugan no Shana's foundation was crumbling at the end of Season 1... sort of... either that or it crumbled when Shana refused to confess a second time.
Please enlighten me on what that foundation suppose to be... I'm quite dumb when it comes to these analyzing stuffs, really.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-11-22, 00:00   Link #209
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Please enlighten me on what that foundation suppose to be... I'm quite dumb when it comes to these analyzing stuffs, really.
A "foundation" is a basic structure in which the story flows out of. Kind of like a flower sprouting out of a seed.

For example, Season 1 started with the Reiji Maigo, right? The story revolves around that.

Okay, my example was a bit too basic for a foundation, but you get the idea (I hope).
Old 2007-11-22, 00:56   Link #210
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
A "foundation" is a basic structure in which the story flows out of. Kind of like a flower sprouting out of a seed.

For example, Season 1 started with the Reiji Maigo, right? The story revolves around that.

Okay, my example was a bit too basic for a foundation, but you get the idea (I hope).
K... I think I understand what foundation is... although I still fail to see the significance of Shana's confession to the Reiji Maigo. Since I'm a fan of the couple, I'd say that it's significant, but I doubt you're referring it in that perspective. Well, unless you're talking about the discussion I've read on the novel thread about how the story revolves around these two characters, and a half of that story is completed with Shana's development and she sticks to her true feeling to confess... Arggghhh!! Nvm, it's all a clumsy mess inside my head now ><

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-11-22, 10:37   Link #211
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
How do you know that they are filler character?
Because she isn't in the novels, is she? That's what I mean. Why make up new stuff right from the start (even if they work in some importance later on, which is likely considering the OMINOUS bracelets and battle butler) when they have all this other stuff from the actual novels to use? Especially when all she's been doing up til now has been running relationships in circles and giving Yuji a chance to look even more dense...

But don't mind me, I'm just killing time until the next episode is subbed...
Old 2007-11-22, 11:33   Link #212
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Because she isn't in the novels, is she? That's what I mean. Why make up new stuff right from the start (even if they work in some importance later on, which is likely considering the OMINOUS bracelets and battle butler) when they have all this other stuff from the actual novels to use? Especially when all she's been doing up til now has been running relationships in circles and giving Yuji a chance to look even more dense...

Meh... I always thought Konoe would be a really important character later on. In any case though, even if it's been slice-of-life all along, I'm dying for a new sub release. The best way to celebrate Thanksgiving is with a quality Shana episode.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-11-22, 11:40   Link #213
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

because then it's going to be NOTHING but slice of life. >_<

the original material works like this at this point (slice of life>fights w/ slice of life>slice of life), and they blew the fight material for this (Wilhelmina) last season. that's the problem. that's why there's a Konoe. otherwise, this would basically be absolutely nothing but school material till Pheles.
Old 2007-11-22, 18:16   Link #214
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
because then it's going to be NOTHING but slice of life. >_<

the original material works like this at this point (slice of life>fights w/ slice of life>slice of life), and they blew the fight material for this (Wilhelmina) last season. that's the problem. that's why there's a Konoe. otherwise, this would basically be absolutely nothing but school material till Pheles.
Well, it's good if there's original anime story as well, but if they are planning something, I hope it'll be good.

Speaking of which, they could make a Side Story season.. hmmm

Actually, nvm, I was thinking of something similar to Fumoffu of Full Metal Panic, but Shana doesn't have nowhere the funny moment.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-11-22, 18:25   Link #215
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Well, it's good if there's original anime story as well, but if they are planning something, I hope it'll be good.

Speaking of which, they could make a Side Story season.. hmmm

Actually, nvm, I was thinking of something similar to Fumoffu of Full Metal Panic, but Shana doesn't have nowhere the funny moment.
Well there is Shana-tan, which is like a comedy version of Shakugan no Shana.
Old 2007-11-22, 18:52   Link #216
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Well there is Shana-tan, which is like a comedy version of Shakugan no Shana.
How about an OVA of when Shana and Shanatan meet? It could be used to mix some novel materials inside too, well, maybe.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Closed Thread