AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-05-09, 06:43   Link #81
mols

I don't remember that... It's been more than a week since I told myself to re watch the show... and yet I still haven't done so.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 08:40   Link #82
Dark Wing

You know after looking over all the information at hand it just dawned on me that the idea of magical girl hunting isn't for extermination but for recruiting...
Old 2011-05-09, 09:17   Link #83
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
I don't remember that... It's been more than a week since I told myself to re watch the show... and yet I still haven't done so.
It's in episode 9

The old "teenage girl are really emotional" cliché.
Old 2011-05-09, 12:31   Link #84
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
The knowledge of WN also seems to include the necessity for Puellae Magi to team up against her. Presumably, someone did it before and lived to tell the tale. So even if WN can't be defeated, maybe it can be driven away.
Of course. But without any indication that Kyoko was ever part of such a team prior to coming to Mitakihara, and knowing that the odds of her being capable of doing what Homura failed to do on her own are astronomically low, it's unlikely she herself ever saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know after looking over all the information at hand it just dawned on me that the idea of magical girl hunting isn't for extermination but for recruiting...
Huh. I haven't bothered much with comparing this with what we already know of Oriko since it was only eight pages, but this seems probable.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 14:12   Link #85
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Huh. I haven't bothered much with comparing this with what we already know of Oriko since it was only eight pages, but this seems probable.
Well she stated to Kyuube that she found a new candidate and and magical girl hunting was mentioned earlier in the series description so it wouldn't be hard to picture Kyuube using Oriko's magic as an easy way of finding would be magical girls.
Old 2011-05-09, 15:01   Link #86
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
But the premise mentions Mami searching for a black PM responsible for hunting. And I don't remember Mami ever opposing the idea of contracts. Besides, if Kyuubey was supervising it, she could question him so as to avoid all misunderstandings.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 16:52   Link #87
Shadow5YA

Mami was only against making contracts on a mere whim. She doesn't want want people making wishes unless it's one they carefully decided upon.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 23:27   Link #88
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
In Japanese, they said "魔法少女狩り," though. And, while I'm not 100% sure, I don't think 狩り can be used for recruiting.
Old 2011-05-10, 00:25   Link #89
sa547
*Author

After reading the tentative introductions, followed by perusing the posts here, I'd say it's intriguing to see how this story will do beyond Episode 12 (if Oriko is indeed a sequel), see where the surviving girls will be going in this brave new world, while dealing with a completely new main character and with the mission to find new fighters to recruit into the fold.

*sigh*

With the "demons", I think not all of them are mindless mooks, as some may soon develop certain capabilities and eventually evolve into "alphas" with offensive powers. But that doesn't mean that the girls are overpowered, for they may slowly obtain newly-found abilities of their own.
Old 2011-05-10, 00:50   Link #90
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
After reading the tentative introductions, followed by perusing the posts here, I'd say it's intriguing to see how this story will do beyond Episode 12 (if Oriko is indeed a sequel), see where the surviving girls will be going in this brave new world, while dealing with a completely new main character and with the mission to find new fighters to recruit into the fold.

*sigh*

With the "demons", I think not all of them are mindless mooks, as some may soon develop certain capabilities and eventually evolve into "alphas" with offensive powers. But that doesn't mean that the girls are overpowered, for they may slowly obtain newly-found abilities of their own.
Err...?

The eight pages we've seen explicitly refers to Witches. Thus, no sequel barring there being an extremely weird plot twist involving Witches coming back despite Madoka's Wish; I wouldn't count on it.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 01:06   Link #91
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Err...?

The eight pages we've seen explicitly refers to Witches. Thus, no sequel barring there being an extremely weird plot twist involving Witches coming back despite Madoka's Wish; I wouldn't count on it.
Sorry. It's just the thread posts so far that I've read; am getting the eight pages everyone's talking about and then will read it.
Old 2011-05-10, 06:01   Link #92
Key Board
Carbon

Apparently Mami survives Charlotte in this timeline

http://tinyurl.com/3e6awbe
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 07:30   Link #93
Shadow5YA

Probably because she isn't fighting alone this time.

It's going to take me a while to get used to the artstyle...
Old 2011-05-10, 07:38   Link #94
Key Board
Carbon

On the contrary, she's fighting alone this time.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 10:32   Link #95
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
No, it was a free roam speculah that may be defined later depending on what we ma possibly learn about WN. But it concerns the future, and what we've actually seen of Oriko doesn't suggest the sixth timeline.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 11:58   Link #96
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
On the contrary, she's fighting alone this time.
Huh? Isn't Kyoko there?
Old 2011-05-10, 12:07   Link #97
GDB

Quote:

Probably because she's not trying to look cool in front of Madoka and Sayaka. No more posturing with a cup of tea to distract her.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 19:41   Link #98
Used Can

Quote:

Holy shit, Madoka is deliciously cute in this story. Anyway, it seems neither her nor Sayaka are involved in Mahou Shoujo stuff, and those two, along with Hitomi and Homura seem to be friends, just as in the drama cd.

As for Oriko, she's extremely cute too. I liked the sibling type of relationship she has with Kyouko. It was really funny to see her getting angry at Mami saying Kyouko is not a bad Mahou Shoujo and that she shouldn't "bully" Kyouko.
Old 2011-05-10, 21:35   Link #99
sa547
*Author

Like one of the posters said, I'd better get used to the character designs.
Old 2011-05-11, 01:24   Link #100
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

so oriko magica finally explains WN??

anyway, same with the others here, i don't fancy prequels. but if it's anything madoka or urobuchi-written stuff, i'm in!! =)
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote