AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-04-01, 15:40   Link #941
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
That's my point. -_-; So why did you say what you did?
The theory to Mami mistrusting Homura.

They probably still didn't cooperate in the movie.
Old 2013-04-02, 17:22   Link #942
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Yeah, somehow Homura and Mami are doing gun-fu... some things never change I guess. What are the two theories on why they are distrustful of each other in the future? Mami should believe in the Madokami.
This is what I was referring to. In bold. Why would Mami have any sort of awareness of Madokami, much less believe in her?
Old 2013-04-02, 18:25   Link #943
maximilianjenus
[E]

It's because of the law of circles, then again I would rather call that a coincidence than thinking it is some meta belief.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 20:00   Link #944
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

*kicks the 'circles' and replaces it with 'cycles'*

Mami should have attachment to Madoka..... but then she was shot by an arrow....
Old 2013-04-03, 14:01   Link #945
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Mami can't have any attachment to a person she's never met and never heard of. Madoka never existed.
Old 2013-04-04, 16:58   Link #946
Animexcel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was established in the end of the tv series that none of the magical girls except for Homura remembers Madoka.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 17:20   Link #947
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Yeah, it's kinda sad they don't.
Old 2013-04-05, 09:09   Link #948
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
kinda realistic ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:01   Link #949
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Old 2013-04-19, 15:01   Link #950
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So part 1 and 2 coming in July?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:09   Link #951
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Pretty much. Import is around half the price of the limited edition of Aniplex. And yes, the movies are subbed.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:36   Link #952
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
After looking at that, I'm going to cancel my UK order of the original series to save up for that ASAP.

Is this the same one being sold at online stores like CDJapan? CDJapan has it up for pre-order but it doesn't state that it has subs or not.

I'm just going to order from that site.

I'm really thankful for that info and where to buy it. You just made my day, I really want the movies.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:44   Link #953
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Yes. All imports are subbed in English, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese. Regardless of where you got them.
Old 2013-04-19, 17:00   Link #954
Julio C
Bury My Shell

So it's through rightstuf eh? That will make things easier then since it's coming from their warehouse. I just placed my order for the LE version then.

I can't wait for July then. Now I don't have to wait for a BD rip from some sub group when I can watch the actual BD release.

BTW, how long is both movies? Is really 240 mins? I hope its 5.1 sound, but I'm good for stereo sound.
Old 2013-04-19, 17:11   Link #955
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

It is. It's more of a rewatch though. At least I bought the Aniplex USA limited version XD
Old 2013-04-19, 18:23   Link #956
Julio C
Bury My Shell

So it's actually the same length of the 12 episodes then right? I thought they cut a lot though to fit 3 hours instead.
Old 2013-04-20, 11:23   Link #957
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

From a fan:
1)Why were these copy-paste films made so soon after the TV series finished? Shouldn't they wait a while before doing something like this?
Madoka was targeted toward an otaku/niche audience in Japan, just as practically any anime shown late at night in Japan is. However, Madoka made such a ruckus in the mainstream that the public found itself intrigued and several people stayed up to watch it just to see what the fuss was about, giving it a name--not unlike what happened with evangelion to turn it from a general mecha-otaku series into anime-classic-for-everyone status in Japan. Still, most people only heard the name. When Magica Quartet were planning the sequel and decided to turn the story into a film (instead of another TV series, since Urobuchi's idea was too short), they came up with the idea of compiling the series into the first two films and releasing them in public theaters around Japan while the iron was still hot so that the mainstream audience could indulge in the story, finally. These movies, while still appealing to previous fans of the series, are mainly meant to appeal to the general mainstream audience in Japan in hopes of making this a classic outside the otaku fanbase.
2) What are the differences in the films compared to the TV anime? Any new material?
Short answer:Some scenes were cut, but everything essential stayed. There was one major scene change, new magical girl transformations to replace old ones, Sayaka has a hairclip when transformed, backgrounds were redone, animation was improved slightly, voices were completely re-voiced, it was given a new soundtrack, a new opening, and an interesting InuCurry ending credit roll--all aesthetic changes only.
Long answer: Mami's wish scene was cut, as was the prologue dream and most unimportant scenes from episode 2. The major twist scene where Mami'd is sped up without a single frame of hesitation, so it happens all the more sudden and improves the scene greatly. Kyouko's 'lets go together' has a powerful new facial frame that was added in that makes the scene much more powerful. The ending to episode 9 (Homura and Kyuubey conversation about Kyouko's departure) takes place in a graveyard instead of Homura's house, and when that finishes, there is a smooth (and kinda cool) new transition scene into Homura's past. Every Magical Girl transformation scene was replaced with a newer (and personally, way cooler) transformation scene. Mami emerging from a lotus flower, anyone? Sayaka was given a musical-themed hairclip in her Magical Girl form. The backgrounds were redone to the point where they could change your perception of what the city looks like. Not to mention, every single new background is GORGEOUS. I have the production sketches of each background scene in the movies to prove it. The animation gets rid of a TON of the awkward off-model "meguca" frames and also adds more frames to existing scenes. InuCurry added some ghost horses into the Box Witch's labyrinth and they changed some other small things as well. The voices were completely re-done and, if my opinion is worth anything, they are far FAR better than the already-powerful job that was done in the TV anime--especially the emotional scenes. The soundtrack was almost complete re-done. New tracks range from pretty new classical pieces to impacting pieces with meaningful Japanese lyrics added in (Mami's theme, when she gets happy before...), creepy chanting (Mami'd), Merry-Go-Round music (turning the "Box Witch" into what I call the "Merry-Go-Round Witch," considering the white ghost horses also added into the scene), and even opera ("Shadow Witch" fight--Sayaka's theme is given creepy opera vocals and Japanese lyrics). Definitely makes the new OST worth it. The new opening video (and song) is great and closer to the point of the show than the TV anime's opening. I feel like I should also mention there are ADORABLE cut-out scenes of Madoka's life from being taught how to walk, to going to school for the first time, to her mother being pregnant with Tatsuya, to her playing with Sayaka and Hitomi, etc. -- and if you haven't seen it yet, the already-famous scene with Madoka and Homura snuggling their faces against each other. InuCurry's ending credit roll is just slightly creepy and unless my memory is making things up, I believe it gave us a look at the silhouettes of other Magical Girls throughout the story (spoiler[the ones that came from Witches]), but in their casual/school human outfits.
--------So yeah. The reason this release is less than half the usual price (in Japan--it's still expensive to the average American) is because it's mostly targeted toward the general public instead of the otaku. And if you've seen the TV series and aren't interested in the aesthetic changes, then these movies don't really add anything new and you'll be fine skipping to watch the third movie when that is released.

Last edited by bhl88; 2013-04-20 at 11:51.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 16:00   Link #958
Cloudenvy

So if I order a copy from Rightstuf! as a European, would it still work here? I swear Aniplex said that the release would be worldwide, so is there just no region lock or what?
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 23:01   Link #959
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Very likely to be region free if they are a doing a worldwide release.

Well CDJapan lists it as region free:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANZX-3131
Old 2013-04-25, 20:34   Link #960
Witch of Uncertainty

Well, sent a mail to Rightstuf, and they claim it's region blocked:

Quote:
Unfortunately, the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movies are region coded A, which isn't Norway. We are only approved to sell to certain countries. However, if you have a US friend we can ship it for free to them and they can reship it to you, or you could use a freight forwarding service, etc.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka magica, movie