AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-04, 09:51   Link #61
EmptySoul
C1Anime

I dont think it's aimed at little kids. But more aimed at teens. At least those are my thoughts.
Old 2006-03-04, 10:07   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I enjoyed episode 01 pretty much, it was sweet & enjoyable.. and i can now understand why its only 6 episodes long.

Now.. time to wait for the OST! >_>
Old 2006-03-04, 10:33   Link #63
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

wow, loved that,

the animation was different to Hantsuki, which is a good thing (adds a bit of originality =D ), and the voice actress for momo is perfect,

hope we do get to see more of momo in the latter eps tho,

also looking at the ending sequence it seems as if we will go thorugh different couples increasing in age, first we had these elementary kids, next it seems as if it is high school, i guess it it is trying to put forward an idea that Hantsuki had,

is the manga made by the same person who made Hantsuki?
Old 2006-03-04, 12:02   Link #64
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^

is the manga made by the same person who made Hantsuki?
Nope JanthraX, Hantsuki was based on Hashimoto Tsugumu's work , Shinigami no ballad is based on Hasegawa Keisuke's work
Their only thing in common, is their sponsors, WoWoW & MediaWorks

Daniel is just sooo cute XD
Old 2006-03-04, 12:21   Link #65
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawool
Nope JanthraX, Hantsuki was based on Hashimoto Tsugumu's work , Shinigami no ballad is based on Hasegawa Keisuke's work
Their only thing in common, is their sponsors, WoWoW & MediaWorks

Daniel is just sooo cute XD
ahh thanks for the info,
btw Daniel looks very cute until he speaks =P , Momo for the cute win! =D
Old 2006-03-04, 12:28   Link #66
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
i cant say i liked episode #1, it wasnt what i was expecting and wasnt welcome either.

what is with all these japanese producers making kid shows with all the tragic death scenes? even starting with episode 1? thats just silly. needs more pokemon on SAT mornings.
This is not a kids show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
or was this show supposed to be aimed at all the pedophile cat girl fanatics out there?
Its targeted at male otakus, more accurately: young men.
Old 2006-03-04, 13:06   Link #67
Kawool
地獄女

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
This is not a kids show.
Its targeted at male otakus, more accurately: young men.
Indeed, both Hantsuki n Shinigami no Ballad are -青年- Seinen novels
kinda funny this kind of series, so high in fluff and low in fanservice, are made for young men
Old 2006-03-04, 14:41   Link #68
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Just watched episode 1, I think I had to say this: "good tear bringer".

This show is bitter and sweet mixed favour.

The next item to grab is the OP,ED of this show.
Mangas, novel come to next...... *wallet screaming painfully*

It's hard to be an otaku...... *sigh*
Old 2006-03-04, 14:46   Link #69
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

er is it just me or does the music to Shinigami No Ballad sound like the opening song to Hantsuki but with different lyrics ?
Old 2006-03-04, 14:55   Link #70
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
er is it just me or does the music to Shinigami No Ballad sound like the opening song to Hantsuki but with different lyrics ?
hmm...does it similar ? quite a slow pace compare to Hantsuki's.I will listen again, I think I didn't notice that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevency
Just watched episode 1, I think I had to say this: "good tear bringer".

This show is bitter and sweet mixed favour.

The next item to grab is the OP,ED of this show.
Mangas, novel come to next...... *wallet screaming painfully*

It's hard to be an otaku...... *sigh*
stevency, records said that tissue boxes are selling quite fast in every friday.lol
Old 2006-03-04, 15:56   Link #71
Shabazza
transcendental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar
Because if this is another anime that crams the "death is bittersweet, it makes life have meaning, you should ultimately want the ability to die, so don't lament death" line down my throat after 5 1/2 years of watching anime, I'll pass.
Second that.

Don't know how I should think about this anime.
Episode 1 was just an introduction to me and I hope there is another meaning behind the usual "life is precious" thing coming up in the next episodes. I really hope I am wrong about this.
Old 2006-03-04, 16:06   Link #72
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

If anyone else was wondering, it turns out that the excellent voice of Kouta was done by Kanada Akiyo 金田晶代, who also plays the hero's main rival in Idaten Jump, the Saturday-morning mountain-bike racing show. Some sources said it was the better-known Kaneda Tomoko 金田朋子, but that was wrong. (There are two pronunciations for 金田 : Kaneda or Kanada.) They're both women.

Akiyo-san had bit parts in Aishiteruze Baby and Zipang, and has done games and commercials, but Idaten Jump appears to have been her first big anime role.

And I don't hear that much similarity between the two OPs, except that they do have similar moods.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-03-04, 16:25   Link #73
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
stevency, records said that tissue boxes are selling quite fast in every friday.lol
AFAIK in Japan, males(salarymen major, otakus become 2nd runner? ) tends to cry/*do you know what if you are a single male like Densha Otoko* secretly in weekends to let their stream off.

And I do buy a box of tissue on weekend. The rest is up to your imaginations......
Old 2006-03-04, 23:38   Link #74
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I like this show. It's sort of bittersweet, and a good followup to Hantsuki. If I ever have to go to the great beyond, I wouldn't mind Momo taking me there .

My First Impressions w/ OP and ED
Old 2006-03-04, 23:59   Link #75
setsuka

It's definitely interesting. I like the fact that the show presents death as something that is sad and life-affirming instead of revenge-filled like Jigoku Shoujo.
Old 2006-03-05, 01:53   Link #76
Kawool
地獄女

Quote:
And I don't hear that much similarity between the two OPs, except that they do have similar moods.
indeed , i dont feel like KOY and NOBORU are similar...but both sweet singers.

also ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
What i like with ppl who steals rips other did, its they think just by renaming them that we wont notice...too bad for you i made them for Shinigami no ballad...n i do 'mark' my rips so remove them from your blog, will you.
but this is not the place for that so i'll just talk bout it on your blog..coz i never accuse without proofs.

Last edited by Kawool; 2006-03-05 at 10:14.
Old 2006-03-05, 03:40   Link #77
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Quote:
indeed , i dont feel like KOY and NOBORU are similar...but both sweet singers.

also ...

What i like with ppl who steals rips other did, its they think just by renaming them that we wont notice...too bad for you i made them for Shinigami no ballad...n i do 'mark' my rips so remove them from your blog, will you.
Kawool - I already wrote a response on my own blog, but I'll post it here in case you didn't read it.

First off, I ripped the mp3s myself from the raw anime itself. The file sizes of the mp3s on your site and mine are different. If you want to get very technical, the CRC32 checksum of your OP file is 7D1A4C0B. Mine is BB0DECAC. For the ED, yours is C9BD24C7, mine is 638B4C66. For me to steal your mp3s and change the filesizes would be just as much work as ripping them myself (which I did).

Next, yes, it's true that I find your fansubs inaccurate. I didn't watch your fansub of Shinigami no Ballad; I watched the C1 anime version. I think they did a good job. Perhaps I'll post a side by side comparison on the quality of your fansubs vs. C1?

I'm sure many people appreciate your efforts to bring quick fansubs out. I just have a distaste for them because they tend to be inaccurate. I watched your subs of Hantsuki because they were (and still are, I believe) the only ones for episodes 4-6. While I appreciate the work you put into it, I still think they were done poorly. This is my own opinion, you're free to argue against it.

I don't want to pick a fight with you, I merely wish to respond to your eloquent criticisms of my conduct. Next time you feel like insulting someone on their own blog, I suggest you do your homework. Most people don't like being wrongfully accused of theft.
Old 2006-03-05, 04:20   Link #78
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
U do need to provide more evidence like the digital signature (say checksum) in order to accuse other stealing through, renaming proves NOTHING on it. Otherwise I'd see this as an offenive post.
Old 2006-03-05, 09:59   Link #79
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
If anyone else was wondering, it turns out that the excellent voice of Kouta was done by Kanada Akiyo 金田晶代, who also plays the hero's main rival in Idaten Jump, the Saturday-morning mountain-bike racing show. Some sources said it was the better-known Kaneda Tomoko 金田朋子, but that was wrong. (There are two pronunciations for 金田 : Kaneda or Kanada.) They're both women.

Akiyo-san had bit parts in Aishiteruze Baby and Zipang, and has done games and commercials, but Idaten Jump appears to have been her first big anime role.

Thx for your info. If you didn't informed, I won't noticed on Kota's voice. IMO that's a girl's voice.Kanada Akiyo really looks like a boy.Seem's like she trained herself for years to sound like a boy.thumbs up to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar
Because if this is another anime that crams the "death is bittersweet, it makes life have meaning, you should ultimately want the ability to die, so don't lament death" line down my throat after 5 1/2 years of watching anime, I'll pass.
For me I don't think the anime itself didn't intend to depict the death as a sweet illusion.I have to repeat the fact that Momo was crying in the end and she said "I cry for them" when denial blamed her for being a cry baby.And on the top of that she hugged Kouta and consoled him while he was crying like mad.She did all this because Momo,herself believed it's too hard for him to take.May be I'm wrong.
Old 2006-03-05, 20:09   Link #80
TronDD
Team the box!

The first episode was good but I can't judge the series until I see more. I hope each story is unique and well written.

I usually don't like episodic shows or stories that are told in too short a time.

I think the show would be better if it was about Momo falling in love with a mortal like the OP. "I can't touch you, but I can kill you".
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, fantasy, shounen