Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-17, 05:37   Link #121
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Hm, that title seems to make sense, since in the preview it should C.C using her powers. Is she going to turn him or interfere or what? Oh man just more driving force to see the next episode! She still hasn't made her plan or contract known, guess it's going to get revealed soon huh?
yes that is a valid option...as weve already seen C.C. tried to turn a gun on lulu once...they are working as partners rather than friends imo...you use one to gain and likewise lulu is using C.C. to gain power...

another option would be for the emp to turn up with geass O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 05:54   Link #122
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun
Spoiler:
Slightly incorrect. C.C.'s priority is to make sure her wish is fulfilled - as shown when she threatened Lelouch to shoot him in the leg so as to keep him from running head first into Cornelia's obvious trap.

That endeavor involves protecting Lelouch, yeah, but it doesn't mean she cannot do some meddling or further moves on the sidelines, unbeknownst to Lelouch himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim
I think those scientist would give Suzuka that power, the are studying that thing and we now where those guys are, perhaps the will give him Geass.
Why would scientists working on a top secret program hidden away from even the Emperor give something so powerful and secret to a mere soldier? It doesn't make sense. That thing would go to the members of the royal family first, not to someone once suspected of killing Clovis, convicted in front of thousands, if not millions of people...and also the son of the last Prime Minister of Japan. To the eyes of the hierarchy's upper echelon, it'd look like giving away the rope that'd one day serve to hang them.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-17 at 08:40.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 06:01   Link #123
Seska

Spoiler:

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 06:03   Link #124
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar View Post
I would rather not watch anymore series that start off with a lot of potential and eventually end up digging their own grave.
My Z-Hime, the princess discussion...

Thats Sunrise for you...

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-12-17, 06:28   Link #125
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Why would scientists working on a top secret program hidden away from even the Emperor give something so powerful and secret to a mere soldier? It doesn't make sense. That thing would first go to the members of the royal family, not to someone once suspected of killing Clovis, convicted in front of thousands, if not millions of people...and also the son of the last Prime Minister of Japan. To the eyes of the hierarchy's upper echelon, it'd look like give away the rope that'd one day hang them.
Isn't he a Lieutenant That's no mere soldier anymore, that already an officer
Anyway i know what you mean and i agree, there's no real reason to why they should augment him of all people.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 09:13   Link #126
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Isn't he a Lieutenant That's no mere soldier anymore, that already an officer
Anyway i know what you mean and i agree, there's no real reason to why they should augment him of all people.
Well, what I forgot to say, perhaps they don't have a choice in hoe to give, because giving what happens right now the could be desperate. Also why should they if they could give the power to one of the royal familie.
But still it also could be that girl we see in the intro with that black hair that will perhaps give Suzuka Gea we still don't now hoe she really is.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 09:52   Link #127
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Easter Egg. Go to http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/geass/sp/ and type in the key words featured in ep 10 (the ones Diethard Lied types).
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 10:19   Link #128
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Well, what I forgot to say, perhaps they don't have a choice in hoe to give, because giving what happens right now the could be desperate. Also why should they if they could give the power to one of the royal familie.
And why shouldn't they give it to a royal? Clovis was sponsoring them for purposes of his own - it shows that some royals were at least involved in this for their personal gain, since the Emperor was completely unaware of the research.
Moreover, why give power to subordinates when you could very well use it for yourself? With the Emperor riling the ruling castes of Britannia, it's suicide to discard such a power when it could very well be a deciding factor in your favor. You don't get rid of a knife when you're heading for a brawl - you keep it and also search for other weapons.

Also, the scientists have more to gain by secretly approaching a royal and offering him/her the Power of Geass (if it's actually possible, artificially) than handing it out to a Lieutnant who has very little to offer in return, like mere promises. A royal could easily offer them money and protection. As well as a good promotion. If Schneizel is the ambitious person people make him out to be, then he's the guy to head straight for. Or someone with the same profile.
Quote:
But still it also could be that girl we see in the intro with that black hair that will perhaps give Suzuka Gea we still don't now hoe she really is.
Correction - we already know who she is.
Spoiler:
Also, nobody ever said she had the Geass - perhaps she's acquainted with C.C. (speculation points to her being C.C.'s telepathic interlocutor), but it's too early to say that she's a user of Geass, no matter how enthralling that assumption may be.
Old 2006-12-17, 11:09   Link #129
kenshinstyle

When did the show say anything about sakuya and what episode did she appear in?
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 11:21   Link #130
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Sakuya's only appeared once, in Ep4 at 12:19. Blink and you'll miss her. She has never actually been mentioned at all, it's all speculation based on various snippets from mags etc...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 11:27   Link #131
sakutsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Spoiler:
Regarding to what you said about Sakuya,
Spoiler:
sakutsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 11:50   Link #132
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Does anyone have any idea what Milly is hinting at when she asks Nina 'what do you think of the social status of the grand daughter of the head of an academy'? Seems like she's thinking of ways to increase her social status

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 11:55   Link #133
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Easter Egg. Go to http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/geass/sp/ and type in the key words featured in ep 10 (the ones Diethard Lied types).
pwetty cool. I got meself a new wall yay

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 12:08   Link #134
Kisuke06
I see...

Poor Orange-kun. =/

This was a very good episode. But looks like the next one is going to be even better. I want to see Suzaku fight Karen.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 12:49   Link #135
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Was this episode the first time we ever heard C.C laugh?
Old 2006-12-17, 14:02   Link #136
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ nope she never laughs T_T
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Does anyone have any idea what Milly is hinting at when she asks Nina 'what do you think of the social status of the grand daughter of the head of an academy'? Seems like she's thinking of ways to increase her social status
i think you are thinking too much there...i think she was trying to see in her status is high enough for her to go meet yuffie so she could take nina with her ~ seen as she want to go yuri with yuffie

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 14:56   Link #137
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...meet yuffie so she could take nina with her ~ seen as she want to go yuri with yuffie
And i was thinking, that i am the only one. That yuffie reminds me on the teacher in "onegai, teacher" anime

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-12-17, 16:16   Link #138
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Well, a while ago, Millay was asked by her own family to attend a marriage interview - probably to strike an agreement or alliance with another bloodline and fortune. It's not really surprising since she's part of the nobility, but when you know that when Empress Marianne was assassinated, her allies the Ashfords, ran bankrupt, one might wonder whether, as part of her responsibilities as the Ashford heir, she's not trying to keep the family afloat or at least entrust its future to other, wealthier hands.

Moreover, Lelouch once wondered how long he could count on the Ashfords' support - hinting that it either might not last long or that the Ashfords cannot cater to his needs for much longer. And that, in turn, would suggest financial problems.

Who knows? Maybe Millay will ask Euphemia for financial or official backing, knowing that both of them were companions of infortune for a dozen hours or so.
Old 2006-12-17, 17:03   Link #139
Kurosaki's_Bankai

So is this series faithful to the manga?

What about Kanon?
Kurosaki's_Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 17:08   Link #140
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki's_Bankai View Post
So is this series faithful to the manga?

What about Kanon?
Actually, it should be the other way around since the manga is made according to the TV series. And, no, they differ on certain points, like how Lelouch meets Kallen, Zero's first appearance, Suzaku's conviction, etc, etc.

And what's this about Kanon? That's a different series and a different sub-forum to consult, mate. Unless you want to spell it 'canon' but then again I'd like you to clarify your question.