AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 17 12.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 48 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 19.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.35%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-27, 21:50   Link #81
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Aside from that. Isn't Lousie in University or something similar? That would make her ~17-18 years old.
She's 17. Saji and Louise are both high school students, though they major in aerospace engineering.
Old 2007-10-27, 21:53   Link #82
rpgman1

Gundam 00 is a slow-paced series that seems to throw a little of eyerything in the beginning, but later on probably will be focused on certain characters. Setsuna is just so much like Heero to get the mission accomplished and he does not seem to be use to peacetime (must be living in the past too much in war). I was wondering why did Allelujah speak to himself in the third person. Guess we'll find out.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 21:56   Link #83
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

As I saw Setsuna jump into the water it remained me of Mazingar and other super robot for second. And wow th politician are getting lot of screen time, and this is obviously the Gundam that focused on politic the most. Though I do think that this was the best episode out of all, since we are getting into more of Setsuna's character and seeing how CB is affecting the world.
Old 2007-10-27, 22:45   Link #84
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Try 18 and up. I came into university at 19.
I came into university at 17.

Quote:
She's 17. Saji and Louise are both high school students, though they major in aerospace engineering.
Yeah the Major in engineering was what got me confused or at least made me think their in university/college.

Quote:
As I saw Setsuna jump into the water it remained me of Mazingar and other super robot for second. And wow th politician are getting lot of screen time, and this is obviously the Gundam that focused on politic the most. Though I do think that this was the best episode out of all, since we are getting into more of Setsuna's character and seeing how CB is affecting the world.
The grunts get better treatment as well, or at least a certain portion of them.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 00:17   Link #85
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
I wonder if Setsuna will indirectly steal Louise from Saji?
I wonder if Setsuna will indirectly steal Saji from Louise?

Let the yaoi doujinshi reign!!!
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 00:25   Link #86
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Makes plenty of sense. Louise doesn't seem to treat Saji very nicely. In the preview scenes for episode 5
Spoiler:
I am sure Saji will slowly see something in Setsuna.
Old 2007-10-28, 02:06   Link #87
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Spoiler:

Those Union uniforms are really, really cheesy.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 02:20   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Spoiler:

Those Union uniforms are really, really cheesy.
Wait, you mean the awesome ones that actually kind of resemble Civil War Union officer uniforms. Oh man I actually like those a lot. Then again I'm a sucker for period military uniforms. And if they aren't meant to resemble Union (1800's) uniforms than I'm pretty sure they are a reference to something from the Victorian era.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 02:28   Link #89
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Wait, you mean the awesome ones that actually kind of resemble Civil War Union officer uniforms. Oh man I actually like those a lot. Then again I'm a sucker for period military uniforms.
!!!

Oh, you're very right. I hadn't noticed that before.
Still, they're cheesy! =P
Old 2007-10-28, 02:37   Link #90
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I like those uniforms though. I was actually going to make a comment saying I thought they look really nice. ^_^;;
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 02:59   Link #91
Papaya
Sup

I dunno, they look a bit cartoony, I think. Yes, I know, Gundam is an anime, and yes, there have been cheesier uniforms. I think it's largely because of the oversized hats and the bright, bright blue. Compare that to the drab military green, all-business HRL uniforms, which I'm really digging by the way =P
Old 2007-10-28, 03:05   Link #92
Marsala
Delurker

Was anyone else amused at how Taribia was located in the geographical location of Venezuela? It looks that like the IRA conflict and the fighting in Sri Lanka, Hugo Chavez's anti-Americanism will last 300 years.

The writers probably won't dare touch the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, though. That's a little too politically sensitive.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 03:11   Link #93
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Was anyone else amused at how Taribia was located in the geographical location of Venezuela? It looks that like the IRA conflict and the fighting in Sri Lanka, Hugo Chavez's anti-Americanism will last 300 years.

The writers probably won't dare touch the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, though. That's a little too politically sensitive.
Nah, they probably will!
After all, from what I can see, Setsuna is a Kurd, and the Anfs attacking in episode 1 appear to be from a Muslim nation--I assume Iraq or Iran. The blaring radio about killing the infidels and bringing them to God after death pretty much confirms it.
Old 2007-10-28, 04:45   Link #94
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Nah, they probably will!
After all, from what I can see, Setsuna is a Kurd, and the Anfs attacking in episode 1 appear to be from a Muslim nation--I assume Iraq or Iran. The blaring radio about killing the infidels and bringing them to God after death pretty much confirms it.
While they will certainly explore Mideast conflicts in a general sense through Marrina's fictional Azadistan and Setsuna's background, I doubt that they will mention Israel or Palestine directly.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 05:09   Link #95
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Grunts that can't die aren't grunts. This is universal across entertainment, otherwise James Bond would have long died.
sure grunts die, but having less than 2 sec screen time and dying as cannon fodders is not what makes the older gundam series successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And you are ignoring one MAJOR difference. 00 is about the hypothetical eradication of war, NOT stopping a particular war like past series. That's why the major 00 powers are currently at peace.
let's see, they are interfering and attacking nations in conflicts in the hope of eradicating war. IIRC that's what a pink songstress and Orb princess tried to do.

you know i'm being negative about the show but i'd keep watching regardless, it's gundam. 'nuff said.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 06:01   Link #96
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
sure grunts die, but having less than 2 sec screen time and dying as cannon fodders is not what makes the older gundam series successful.
let's see, they are interfering and attacking nations in conflicts in the hope of eradicating war. IIRC that's what a pink songstress and Orb princess tried to do.
1. Are you actually suggesting that Grunts in other Gundams series lasted longer than in 00? Because that is clearly not the case, so there is no point of comparison.

2. Orb was trying to stop A war. CB is trying to erase all wars in the future even though there is no world-war at all currently in 00. The 3 factions are not fighting each other. This is the first time I know of when a Gundam series is in fact, set in peacetime.

Stopping A war by force is easy, you just need lots of troops, equipment and money. Stopping War for eternity is outright impossible.
Old 2007-10-28, 06:47   Link #97
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Nah, they probably will!
Setsuna is not a Kurd. At least it hasn't been confirmed. He's from "Kurjis Republic" but that doesn't mean a thing.

Plus Kurds in general ARE Muslims. Though the guy on the loudspeaker, Ali Al-Sarches, seems to have an Arab name (which would probably make him not an Iranian).
Old 2007-10-28, 06:55   Link #98
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i am pretty open in regards to a lump of polical settings...since in realty, politcs involves a lot of other things happening at the same time & will affects other fractions 1 way of another.

Tom Clancy Debt of Honour - Executive Order is rather a gd example of how US politcs is like...
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 08:27   Link #99
Honey_and_Cleaver

I dont care about any politics in this gundam anime because i know japanese people tend to be stuck up people in their own country who dont know anything about the world. As far as to be concern, i only find it appropriate to enjoy the anime by itself. I like the bad guys and the good guys here in this story and hopefully, my favourites dont die, but i hope Saji does, because hes your typicall japanese stuck up fool.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 08:40   Link #100
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

What? I don't think so... Saji's too much of a wimpy guy to be with Setsuna as a seme! Plus, he's taller, so it doesn't make sense if he's the uke too (people who don't know what the hell I'm talking about don't need to know what the hell I'm talking about, btw).

Lockon and/or the Exia-obsessed Ham Guy would probably assassinate Saji before anything funny happens between him and Setsuna...
Spoiler for slightly disturbing thought...if one is very straight or a homophobe, it is suggested that one should not read this comment:

...Just ignore me
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote