AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 10:04   Link #1
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

iDOLM@STER the anime (and spin-offs)

Many have wanted this to happen for years (especially after the spin-off series that happened in 2007).

Source

Official anime site

Video announcement of the anime adaptation:

If it wasn't made obvious already by the trailer, the adaptation will follow the original game, so with that in mind the original voice cast will stay the same. This just keeps getting better and better.

Spoiler for Voice cast:

Count on the official site is for the release of Gakken's Megami Magazine, which will feature more information about the project. Can't wait.

Also keep checking the site everyday for the written messages from the voice cast.
Old 2011-01-10, 10:10   Link #2
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Finally, THANK FREAKIN GOD!

I was like 'God, we're NOT goin back for that stupid Xenoglossia anime which it was painful.'
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 10:52   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

My Reaction

Finally, a proper Idolmaster anime! Hopefully in the future they might also include the Dearly Stars casts, Project Jupiter, Junjirou Takagi and Kotori Otonashi.
Old 2011-01-10, 11:06   Link #4
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Iori! \(^o^)/
Old 2011-01-10, 15:54   Link #5
7Th
Mixtape

Looks like Gainax's Atsushi Nishigori, Gurren-Lagann and Panty Stocking's character designer, is the character designer for the adaptation. Interesting choice, considering he is a self-declared fan.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 16:52   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

My mind has just been totally blown finding out Atsushi Nishigori will be the character designer . Oh my.
Old 2011-01-10, 17:06   Link #7
strawberrypop

YES! Very good news.

Just a month ago, I was thinking that I would like to see an anime more liked the game. Here it is!
strawberrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 22:43   Link #8
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Suck on that, SUNRISE for ruining one of our favorite IM@S franchises.

I mean let's get over all of these Xenoglossia Torture just like last time. I mean what were they thinkin?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-01-10 at 23:13.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 23:24   Link #9
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sweet so many cute girls all in one place
Old 2011-01-11, 07:42   Link #10
Cloudy

I wonder which studio is doing the anime.
Old 2011-01-11, 20:53   Link #11
Nikanoru

So much Xenoglossia hate here. :/ Everywhere else I've seen people seemed to like it for what it managed to pull off.

I loved that series and I'm disappointed that they're not continuing it. I mean I'm not a hardcore Idolmaster fan, I've never even played the games. Was it the fact that it was different, and not a retelling of the game's storyline, that makes everyone here hate it? I have some difficulty understanding.
Nikanoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 22:08   Link #12
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post
So much Xenoglossia hate here. :/ Everywhere else I've seen people seemed to like it for what it managed to pull off.

I loved that series and I'm disappointed that they're not continuing it. I mean I'm not a hardcore Idolmaster fan, I've never even played the games. Was it the fact that it was different, and not a retelling of the game's storyline, that makes everyone here hate it? I have some difficulty understanding.
Basically it is because they use the names and the design of the characters from the game but completely re-wrote their personalities, on top of that the story is completely unrelated to the game universe, not even the seiyuus are the same. So in essences there was absolutely no point and no reason in using the same names and character designs in the first place except as a cheap ploy to use the "idolmaster" name as pure marketing hook to milk money from the fans, that's why it pissed off the game players.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 08:43   Link #13
Nikanoru

So it's got nothing to do with the actual quality of the show itself? I guess I can kind of understand your reasons, but it's a shame really. It's lovely when you come into it with a blank slate, so to speak. It's certainly one of my personal favorites.

I guess it'll be my turn next to have to go without the established universe, personalities and seiyuu I've come to enjoy. I'll try my best to enjoy the new show for what it is, though.
Nikanoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 00:39   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Would be far more interested if this was a Xenoglossia sequel,but alas.

If you ask me Xenoglossia took what could have been a painfully dull concept for an anime adaptation if played straight up and made it more workable and interesting for a 26 episode anime. Up to that point I had never really seen an adaptation of a series I would have had zero interest in following reinvented into something I found surprisingly fun and watchable.

If people would rather watch an anime about cutesy girls singing cutesy songs while dancing cutesy though then by all means, don't really see much of that sort of thing in anime these days right? Hope that goes memorably for ya'll. It's your turn now so make the most of it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 09:29   Link #15
M.Marangio

The staff was revealed one day before the release of the Megami magazine.

Animation Production: A1

Director and Character design: Atsushi Nishigori
Series Composition: Touko Machida
Series Director: Touko Takao
Chief Animation Director: Iizuka Haruko and Takata Akira

(not sure about the positions)

From here: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-559.html

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2011-01-27 at 12:09.
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 09:52   Link #16
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
Animation Production: A1

Director and Character design: Atsushi Nishgori
When I read "A1" I immediately thought "Kannagi art style", but then I looked up Nishigori Atsushi. He designed the characters for PSG and Gurren Lagann! Sweet.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 19:15   Link #17
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Would be far more interested if this was a Xenoglossia sequel,but alas.

If you ask me Xenoglossia took what could have been a painfully dull concept for an anime adaptation if played straight up and made it more workable and interesting for a 26 episode anime. Up to that point I had never really seen an adaptation of a series I would have had zero interest in following reinvented into something I found surprisingly fun and watchable.

If people would rather watch an anime about cutesy girls singing cutesy songs while dancing cutesy though then by all means, don't really see much of that sort of thing in anime these days right? Hope that goes memorably for ya'll. It's your turn now so make the most of it.
As always, trust Kaoshin to make inflammatory comments on subjects matters he has no knowledge of.

It would be equally an abomination to borrow an established mecha anime in name only and turn it into something totally different. Something such as the Toei Mecha Girl project perhaps? The moe crowd will lap it up and would probably claim it is "more interesting" than the original mecha shows they were based on (come'on if you ever watched the original GaiKing I challenge you to say that it was actually an interesting super robot show compared with the other classics). But given that these shows are parodies they can still get away with it. Xenoglossia is really just at a completely different level of alteration. All the fans asked was that if the company is going to do a totally different show, then do it properly and not borrow an establish name, otherwise it reeks of no confidence in the show that they are producing in that they had to borrow a name to do bait-and-switch marketing. That's why people criticize it.

And to be honest we really haven't had a true non-magical "idol" anime since, I dunno, Love Doll 4 years ago? If you just lump everything into a big "moe idol" blanket then yeah, we've probably have a few of those recently (I'm sure you are thinking K-On, considering your history of a crusade of sorts against KyoAni, but really it doesn't take 2 brain cells to see that imas and K-On shares no similarities except they both have girls singing), but Idolmaster as a pure "girls wanting to be top idol" with no magic/sci-fi/fantasy spin kind of story with no ero/romance is a pretty rare story line (otherwise I suppose White Album and Macross would count ).

As for cutesy songs, imas song variety is really diverse and has half the casts that are highly skilled singers, not just moe/high pitched singers that sings denpa/moe songs. Any songs by Chihaya, Azusa, Makoto, Takane and Hibiki are almost guaranteed to NOT be cutesy songs. Go listen to "Aoi Tori", "Arcadia" by Chihaya (Imai Asami), "Tonari ni" by Azusa (Takahashi Chiaki), "Agent yoru wo yuku" Makoto (Hirada Hiromi), "Next Life" by Hibiki (Numakura Manami) and see for youself. Then there's classics like "relations", "Overmaster", "Me ga au toki", "9:02pm", "massugu", "inferno", "my song" etc, there are so many good non-cutesy songs from Idolmaster that brushing it off as "cutesy" is just plain ignorance and shows that you have no objectivity.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2011-01-27 at 21:52.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 15:27   Link #18
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

lol director is Nishigori Atsushi but not by Gainax. As long as there are NO FUCKIN MECH, I will be happy to invest my time on this. Brilliant news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
If people would rather watch an anime about cutesy girls singing cutesy songs while dancing cutesy though then by all means, don't really see much of that sort of thing in anime these days right?

and there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 2011-01-28, 22:22   Link #19
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post

Was it the fact that it was different, and not a retelling of the game's storyline, that makes everyone here hate it? I have some difficulty understanding.
I know little about Idolmaster, aside from the fact that Rie Kugimiya is in it. So I can't speak for the disappointment fans felt when they watched Xenoglossia. On the other hand, I thought Mai Hime was exceptional. So when I started to watch a series with a similar theme, mostly the same staff, and a similar budget... I was disgusted by the sheer waste of talent.

A low-budget production from a new (or historically bad) studio - utilizing a staff and cast of unknowns - can be quite bad, without drawing ire or rancor. But in this case, with everything going for it? That's pathetic.
Old 2011-01-28, 23:26   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I wonder if the great and infamous Jupiter will appear...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s