AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-21, 22:26   Link #10581
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This chapter sure was fresh.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:19   Link #10582
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Fuck me Zenkichi has some balls. Crazy, but them balls be made of steel. Outside of that, ass kicking everywhere.
That's our Zen always protecting his friends even though he is outmatched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
A few interetsing points here

Spoiler for 163:

I would take as Ajimu being bored, it is not everyday you meet a guy who can kick your butt even though you are at a high level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Power levels, they're over 9000.
Medaka Box has now officially reached DBZ levels of bullshit awesome.
Old 2012-09-21, 23:52   Link #10583
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

The FRESH demon guy cut Ajimu to pieces and carry her head going around like a boss .
Old 2012-09-21, 23:56   Link #10584
Sixth
Hu Tao

Medaka solo.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 00:22   Link #10585
DawnEmperor

Wow, this seems to be one of the few times Zenkichi's attacked someone for the sake of someone besides Medaka(I think the other time was for Emukae). And thirded, he's got balls.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:23   Link #10586
summers

I dont get this fresh guy. Seems like nothing works against him"Just cause" and everything works for him "Just cause". Something like Medaka, who always raises to the level needed to win, but minus the logic of actually having a reasonable skill to do it.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:14   Link #10587
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
I dont get this fresh guy. Seems like nothing works against him"Just cause" and everything works for him "Just cause". Something like Medaka, who always raises to the level needed to win, but minus the logic of actually having a reasonable skill to do it.
Pretty much. He's like a bug in a video game. An enemy you can't beat because damage doesn't register, and who's damage is always critical. Like a bug in FF8 where a certain enemy under certain circumstances always did 65535 damage (damage cap was 9999) because of a hex overflow.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:20   Link #10588
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i wonder if Haten will appear to save the day

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:44   Link #10589
Sol Falling

Maybe his existence can be called something like "chaos" or "energy". Something with no structured, definite form, but representing the primal essence of the very universe. Therefore the very universe bends for him. Undying energy, matter, vitality itself.

This is only a guess at this point, but it doesn't seem like Iihiko uses any skills. Rather, it seems like his attack with the rubber band shattered the very form or basis of Ajimu's skills. So perhaps in some ways, Iihiko's powers will be the opposite of skills.

As for Ajimu being "dead", though, I'm sure the hair is just an exaggeration. After all, if Ajimu's already lost to Iihiko 100 million times, surely she wouldn't just get killed off now.

In any case, Medaka vs. Iihiko next chapter is looking to be badass, lol. I want to see her unleash the beast. Iihiko's personality is really entertaining. I think it's interesting, this time, how there's a bit of a clear difference qualitatively in Iihiko's portrayal of a villain (versus, say, Kumagawa or Ajimu). Back in those Minus and Not Equals arcs, part of Kumagawa and Ajimu's appeals were that they were clearly threatening. Moreover than that, however, they also represented something clearly negative; i.e. on one hand sheer negativity, the destruction of the elite, death and hurting others--or alternatively, in Ajimu's case, the termination/end of the manga itself. As for Iihiko, I'm sure we might all agree, he carries off the "threatening" bit well. But in this case, as a "villain", he doesn't seem to represent something necessarily negative so far (danger to the entire world aside, lol. On that matter, I do expect the Shiranui to mostly have it covered).

With the way Obi talked about "entertaining the guests" and Iihiko himself seeming to find amusement from crushing our protagonists, this is a chance to see our heroes let loose, get beat up, face adversity, and prove/evoke themselves, without necessarily the weight/drama of something horrible happening otherwise. In other words, something perhaps a little like the "Treasure Hunt arc" with the actually important characters. Hopefully, this arc does pan out to be that enjoyable. I am definitely enjoying it thus far.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:48   Link #10590
orangejuicetang

What I'm really curious about right now is Shiranui's line about how 'as long as I'm with you, Iihiko will chase you'

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 04:38   Link #10591
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
This chapter was certainly fresh.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 07:49   Link #10592
orangejuicetang

so Iihiko was around 5000 years ago, and according to Ajimu there's a person born about once every thousand years who can defeat her, so does that mean between Iihiko and Medaka, there were 4 other absurdly overpowered 'protagonists'?

Random food for thought.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 07:57   Link #10593
Onnasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Maybe his existence can be called something like "chaos" or "energy". Something with no structured, definite form, but representing the primal essence of the very universe. Therefore the very universe bends for him. Undying energy, matter, vitality itself.
I remember something like that appeared in Onimonogatari

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
What I'm really curious about right now is Shiranui's line about how 'as long as I'm with you, Iihiko will chase you'
could that be Shiranui's new Role
Onnasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 08:51   Link #10594
Homura7

Really fresh chapter, and thank you, Nishio for reminding us about those earlier words from Anshin, it finally explains why she never dared defeat Medaka in a one vs one.

And now we can finally say the plot has reached the epitome in terms of powerful characters. Perhaps this is indeed the final arc now the strongest foe has shown up.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:26   Link #10595
DawnEmperor

^Wait, aren't there still plot threads that need to be resolved?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:31   Link #10596
Homura7

^ All the lingering plot threads could be solved there, ya know.

If it's not the last then at the very least it must be the arc prior to the final arc of the series. After Iihiko there should be no foe more powerful, unless Medaka and the blackness inside her turn into the final villain.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:21   Link #10597
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Pretty much. He's like a bug in a video game. An enemy you can't beat because damage doesn't register, and who's damage is always critical. Like a bug in FF8 where a certain enemy under certain circumstances always did 65535 damage (damage cap was 9999) because of a hex overflow.
Yea, you've got this right.

Even though, Zenkichi's Devil Style was made precisely to counter this, strangely it's nowhere to be seen.

A hint that it's probably gone? Perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
In any case, Medaka vs. Iihiko next chapter is looking to be badass, lol. I want to see her unleash the beast.
That actually sounds horrible. Terrifying, even.

I mean, it would be the most boring fight in the history of Medaka Box. Two characters, who can't lose "Just cause", can't die "Just cause", etc... dosen't sound like top material when it comes to emotional investment. I mean, shit. This isn't DBZ. Dosen't help that Medaka's always bland and vapid, but that's minor, I guess. I surely hope that dosen't happen next chapter and something more interesting takes it's place, as this chapter deserves a good follow-up, as it was better than my hopes for it.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:24   Link #10598
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
^ All the lingering plot threads could be solved there, ya know.

If it's not the last then at the very least it must be the arc prior to the final arc of the series. After Iihiko there should be no foe more powerful, unless Medaka and the blackness inside her turn into the final villain.
We have yet to see any other Minus from class -13 other than 3 leaders, scar dead, Encounter and Kumagawa. Plus Shinarua and emakue
Old 2012-09-22, 10:29   Link #10599
Wolfenstein

No! Freaking Middle School is the real problem!
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:34   Link #10600
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

This is only a guess at this point, but it doesn't seem like Iihiko uses any skills. Rather, it seems like his attack with the rubber band shattered the very form or basis of Ajimu's skills. So perhaps in some ways, Iihiko's powers will be the opposite of skills.

As for Ajimu being "dead", though, I'm sure the hair is just an exaggeration. After all, if Ajimu's already lost to Iihiko 100 million times, surely she wouldn't just get killed off now.

In any case, Medaka vs. Iihiko next chapter is looking to be badass, lol. I want to see her unleash the beast. Iihiko's personality is really entertaining. I think it's interesting, this time, how there's a bit of a clear difference qualitatively in Iihiko's portrayal of a villain (versus, say, Kumagawa or Ajimu). Back in those Minus and Not Equals arcs, part of Kumagawa and Ajimu's appeals were that they were clearly threatening. Moreover than that, however, they also represented something clearly negative; i.e. on one hand sheer negativity, the destruction of the elite, death and hurting others--or alternatively, in Ajimu's case, the termination/end of the manga itself. As for Iihiko, I'm sure we might all agree, he carries off the "threatening" bit well. But in this case, as a "villain", he doesn't seem to represent something necessarily negative so far (danger to the entire world aside, lol. On that matter, I do expect the Shiranui to mostly have it covered).

With the way Obi talked about "entertaining the guests" and Iihiko himself seeming to find amusement from crushing our protagonists, this is a chance to see our heroes let loose, get beat up, face adversity, and prove/evoke themselves, without necessarily the weight/drama of something horrible happening otherwise. In other words, something perhaps a little like the "Treasure Hunt arc" with the actually important characters. Hopefully, this arc does pan out to be that enjoyable. I am definitely enjoying it thus far.
I dont feel this guy is threatening, invincible yes but he just seems comical.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council